AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

Even though the show is getting record-breaking ratings, I feel it will attempt to keep a young demographic (despite its parental warning airing before every episode), and despite my pulling for Carl (and the a lesser extent, Beth, is that her name?) to follow Sophia's route, I don't see it happening. But I can always hope! :)

Every time I pop in I get a chuckle out of people wanting/expecting Carl to die. Like was pointed out already it's obvious who just watches the tv show. He is becoming a man and toughening up. Besides if they shoot him, he won't die....... ;)

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']They just need to kill Andrea already!!! She has made too many bad, wrong, stupid decisions ... LOL[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Seems like she sacrificed what was right for easy living. When she saw the room and the girl and found out everything he has done and still stayed I figured she picked her side.

[quote name='ITDEFX']but doesn't she get killed off screen?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It was a wide shot, with both her and rick fully visible, but he pulled the trigger and she fell in the shot.

And let's not forget the girl zombie Rick offed in Episode 1. If that's not an on-screen killing of a "kid" I don't know what is.

[quote name='sp00ge']Nope. It was a wide shot, with both her and rick fully visible, but he pulled the trigger and she fell in the shot.

And let's not forget the girl zombie Rick offed in Episode 1. If that's not an on-screen killing of a "kid" I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

OK...you are right... maybe I just blocked the visuals from memory...saw the scene again on netflix. Damn Rick!

You know what confuses me? Why are some zombies weak fuckers, and other are strong enough to rip Dale's guts out?

All of them are in a state of decay.

[quote name='ITDEFX']OK...you are right... maybe I just blocked the visuals from memory...saw the scene again on netflix. Damn Rick!

You know what confuses me? Why are some zombies weak fuckers, and other are strong enough to rip Dale's guts out?

All of them are in a state of decay.[/QUOTE]
I think it was Kirkpatrick that answered this but he said the older the zombie is the weaker it'll be because of decay

[quote name='GUNNM']I think it was Kirkpatrick that answered this but he said the older the zombie is the weaker it'll be because of decay[/QUOTE]
I remember that, too. However, stuff like this should actually be addressed in the show. A simple mention casually in conversations would cover the bases:
Rick and Darryl load the truck with supplies. Rick looks over at the shambling zombies at the fence.
" Why do you suppose the walkers have gotten slower since this started?" Rick asks.
" What am i your boyfriend at the cdc? Maybe they're rotting out. I don't know." Darryl grumbles.
" Here's hoping they rot apart. Flip a coin on giving Michonne to the governor?"

Sometimes the showrunners seem to think stuff is understood for us just because they know its understood to them. Common writing issue. Of course, sometimes they do include little details and certain people don't pay attention anyway...

And also shouldn't new zombies still be fresh and therefore faster and stronger? Minor gripes though...

[quote name='jdawgg76']I
And also shouldn't new zombies still be fresh and therefore faster and stronger? Minor gripes though...[/QUOTE]

Well, Merle was more aggressive etc.--staying up rather than falling over when pushed etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well, Merle was more aggressive etc.--staying up rather than falling over when pushed etc.[/QUOTE]
He seemed really weak to me. Didn't zombies used to move at a jog like chasing Shane when he went to the school for surgery supplies and they used to be able to break glass?

[quote name='jdawgg76']He seemed really weak to me. Didn't zombies used to move at a jog like chasing Shane when he went to the school for surgery supplies and they used to be able to break glass?[/QUOTE]

In the first few episodes the zombies were running, climbing fences, and they used a large rock to break the glass doors of the department store.

[quote name='sp00ge']Nope. It was a wide shot, with both her and rick fully visible, but he pulled the trigger and she fell in the shot.

And let's not forget the girl zombie Rick offed in Episode 1. If that's not an on-screen killing of a "kid" I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

Well, technically...
Sophia's "death" wasn't shown. That was just zombie Sophia ;). Same with the lil zombie girl at the beginning of the series.

[quote name='jbroush99']In the first few episodes the zombies were running, climbing fences, and they used a large rock to break the glass doors of the department store.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I don't recall any of that. Gotta re-watch S1. I can't imagine Kirkman and the other producers and writers would sign off on any of that.

I noticed looking at the Game of Thrones thread that the season premiere for GoT is this Sunday along with the finale of Walking Dead.

I'm surprised one of these shows wouldn't have tried to schedule so they aren't ending/starting on the same day. I don't know how ratings are calculated but I would guess that this could cut into both shows.

I am also surprised that both shows are either starting or ending on Easter Sunday. Not that it is a big deal for me since I am working all day, but I would think ratings would be down on that day to families doing Easter things.

[quote name='karkyco']Well, technically...
Sophia's "death" wasn't shown. That was just zombie Sophia ;). Same with the lil zombie girl at the beginning of the series.

Damn, I don't recall any of that. Gotta re-watch S1. I can't imagine Kirkman and the other producers and writers would sign off on any of that.[/QUOTE]

I just watched episode one again last night and when Rick is in Atlanta on the horse and turns the corner into a herd they definitely run/jog after him. Also the there is a mini episode that shows what happens to the little girl and the family next door. ( Rick stops to get gas in episode 1 and they had killed themselves) I think the mini episode is on amc's website or st least it was last year.

Ok found the video. Webisode 1-6 is the story of the girl and her family. Also found a new webisode about a character named chase and bj set in cold storage. Here is the link to the page with the webisodes. You can't link directly to the webisodes but select walking dead and than type webisode and you should be good. http://www.amctv.com/videos#type=al...rowser-content_type=3608&page=1&post_id=71306

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dokstarr']
I am also surprised that both shows are either starting or ending on Easter Sunday. Not that it is a big deal for me since I am working all day, but I would think ratings would be down on that day to families doing Easter things.[/QUOTE]

tivo.

[quote name='GUNNM']tivo.[/QUOTE]
Still a surprise as tivo numbers aren't counted for in the archaic ratings system . There are now statistics accounting for tivo usage but they are still largely ignored as far as how well a show is doing.

Wow

I'm just gonna throw my man card out there cause I teared up. Mostly because of Michonne's crying and emotions. Somebody as hard as her just getting so emotional, got me teary eyed honestly

THAT was the finale?

Felt like a normal episode. Also my friend found Carl annoying. That's good lol. I'm pretty sure that's the reaction they want us to have towards Carl.

Somewhat disappointed because... There weren't any heart stopping/intense moments.. But I can't wait for Season 4 in October. I love fall now. Homeland and The Walking Dead :D

[quote name='GUNNM']Who was complaining? Stop trolling please[/QUOTE]
Do you not know what trolling means? Contrary to popular belief, it is not just when someone disagrees with someone. I took you say you should have watched Game of Thrones as a sign that you didn't enjoy The Walking Dead. Was I wrong?

The episode started off brilliantly but then collapsed by the time the Governor got into the prison.

How are they going to drag out The Governor with two other dudes for another half season or whole season? Is he going to magically find a new enclave of bad asses to build a new army? Or will it be those three stalking Rick & Crew? This is a storyline that most likely should have ended tonight. The Governor should be dead.

I loved this episode of walking dead so much I wish I watched it last so that I could re-watch it again afterwards but since I watched walking dead first now I have to watch game of thrones next. You're trying to troll me into an argument and I'm not going to do it.

I only liked one good thing about this episode and that was
Andrea dying.
Didn't care about anything else. Felt very anti-climactic. Expected so much better.

[quote name='GUNNM']I loved this episode of walking dead so much I wish I watched it last so that I could re-watch it again afterwards but since I watched walking dead first now I have to watch game of thrones next. You're trying to troll me into an argument and I'm not going to do it.[/QUOTE]

I'd say what you're doing constitutes trolling more so than what I was doing. It's annoying to see people complain after every single episode. I realize I'm complaining about people complaining, so I'll apologize about that and I'll also apologize for indirectly calling you out in the first place.

I have yet to complain about an episode, but I feel like this episode should've been like second to last or something. It started off awesome but then kind of fell off and leaving that gigantic one big thing untaken care of is kind of annoying. It should've all been wrapped up in terms of this storyline.

One thing that I can say is that I like how annoying Carl is getting these last few episodes. Might be time to put him down soon (or I hope).

meh
-I guess the governor has become so popular that they won't kill him off.
-What's the point of taking on all those people from woodberry? They don't have enough food to feed them.
-The governor's forces did quite a bit of damage to the front area of the prison making it difficult to repel walkers if they come.
-Walkers still infest other parts of the prison.
-A's death was meh... oh well.
-Way too many ??????????? for a season finale.
-The Governor has nothing left......what is he going to do without a town or army to manipulate?

Oh well it's done........ this was a meh season finale........so the s4 premiere better start up really good.

Did anyone else feel this episode or the final episodes not thought out properly as to how it would conclude?

Okay, I'm less than thrilled with this finale.
So, all season they told us a showdown was coming. Rick vs. The Governor. Good vs. Bad. Righteousness vs. Evil. And what happens? Rick and his Rickateers pretty much do what I would do to scare a raccoon away from my trash cans: yell a lot and make a bunch of noise to chase them off. "Yah! Yah! Shoo, you dirty varmit!" I expected to see Herschel in the yard banging a crutch against a pot.

And did they really have to spend so much time
showing Andrea attempting to pick up pliers with her toes? Not suspenseful even if it wasn't a character who was that tiresome.

I'm sorry. I usually don't jump into a thread to complain, but this disappointed me. I love the comics and have loved the series and even stuck by it when it dragged a bit last year, but they could have done so much better than this. I do appreciate that
they showed some interesting development with Carl and how growing up in a zombie apocalypse can really screw up your worldview. But he made a good point to his dad. He wasn't wrong.

[quote name='GUNNM']^
I didn't know they had korean woman in woodbury who did pedicures[/QUOTE]

Yeah...you gotta have one in every town!

or a Dentist or a Barber...

When your Mid-season finale is 10x better than your season finale, something is terribly wrong. that was a trainwreck after the govs "lolassault" :roll:

I just got done watching the replay and I haven't read any posts in here yet. I'm convinced that most of them will be complaints. Let's find out...

images

Terrible finale.

Can't spoil the finale for people who didn't watch this week because NOTHING of value happened.

This should have been the 2nd to last episode as someone said earlier.

Also
Carl is getting annoying with the whole Wesley Crusher super child thing. Hopefully they bring him back down to Earth where he breaks down and cries about all of the fucked up shit he's seen and done... I wouldn't mind this season if it meant it was building to an important scene. That and maybe it'll prove that kid can act.

Damn AMC. Can I get at least five minutes of show before you cut to commercial. Whole lot of nothing happened in this episode and Andrea trying to pick up the pliers took up half the show.

You knew the second that random black guy spoke not only was he gonna die but he was gonna be the first one to die, does he not know the rules!?

bread's done
Back