AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='kodave']I'm glad they didn't go the route from the comic books with the big kill tonight. I'm probably in the minority here but I actually think the TV series improves upon the comic book source material.[/QUOTE]

what was the big death in the comics

It kind of teaches them a big lesson......never split off into sub groups without being fully armed. This show needs to have an episode taking place in the future.....with Carl hooked up with that chick and having their own kid talking about how he had to kill his own mom (and dad?]

[quote name='slidecage']what was the big death in the comics[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a while since I read the exact issue, but I believe Lori gets shot and falls directly on the baby, and they both die.

[quote name='Tsel']
Someone correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a while since I read the exact issue, but I believe Lori gets shot and falls directly on the baby, and they both die.
[/QUOTE]
YEP! One of my favorite deaths in the series, right behind
Abraham and Glenn's
deaths. That death was framed really well and it is still one of my favorite moments in the series.

[quote name='Tsel']
[/QUOTE]

You are correct. That was just one huge sucker punch for the readers.

Good season is very good. I say we are getting an upgrade on black guys to say the least. I have long since hated the one we had.

It funny that watching the episode, i did not get the impression that
Carol had died. I read the ign review and was like wtf and had to go back and watch it..

Why not show it or atleast make it a little more obvious.

That... was beyond rough.

I thought for sure that the season finale would involve Lori and the baby.. I have no idea where they're going now.

I agree with neocisco, when the whole thing happened involving Lori in the comics, it was way too much. It was incredibly depressing. It was months before I opened up book five (I went with Compendium One, then books five, six and seven, then TPB fifteen and sixteen. I have seventeen preordered).

I'm still not sure if I like how they've done it on the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guyver2077']It funny that watching the episode, i did not get the impression that
Carol had died. I read the ign review and was like wtf and had to go back and watch it..

Why not show it or atleast make it a little more obvious.
[/QUOTE]

The IGN reviewer updated his review of the episode.
He just assumed that Carol was dead based on the scarf, the body on the ground, and the comments from the other characters. He doesn't know if she's really dead.

the guy who does the comics was on aots i think last week and he accidentally let it slip a male lead would die but the funny shit is he said the guy called him up pissed off over it the day he found out. im glad they finally offed him same as with lori they add more to the show as motivations for those they left behind than as living characters.

not feeling the worlds creepiest love triangle either.

Damn, what a rough episode. But what a huge improvment over the last season. Every episode has been great.

Still, how the fuck did the little guy survive? He was surrounded by a bunch of walkers with no way out.

I believe that they are saving
the Governor's zombie daughter
for the mid season finale. They have given nods towards it but I think they believe it will be a BIG surprise for non comic book readers.

In reference to Carol, the clip they showed on the Talking Dead showed Glenn digging 1 grave and then telling the 2 prisoners they can dig 2 more. That would be 3 for T-dogg, Lori, and ???(Carol?). Unless that clip is further along in the episode and someone else dies.

[quote name='jbroush99']In reference to Carol, the clip they showed on the Talking Dead showed Glenn digging 1 grave and then telling the 2 prisoners they can dig 2 more. That would be 3 for T-dogg, Lori, and ???(Carol?). Unless that clip is further along in the episode and someone else dies.[/QUOTE]

Could be the prisoner guy who tried to get them killed, too.

[quote name='jbroush99']In reference to Carol, the clip they showed on the Talking Dead showed Glenn digging 1 grave and then telling the 2 prisoners they can dig 2 more. That would be 3 for T-dogg, Lori, and ???(Carol?). Unless that clip is further along in the episode and someone else dies.[/QUOTE]On the Talking Dead, he asked the producer what happened to Carol and she coyly said I don't know.

[quote name='jdawgg76']On the Talking Dead, he asked the producer what happened to Carol and she coyly said I don't know.[/QUOTE]

I don't see them killing Carol off screen. I'm sure she will be back unless she had to quit the show and it was to late to write something in. Last we saw she went into the other room. I'm sure at some point they will start looking for her.

Awesome season. According to Wikipedia, we get episodes through early December. 8 of them, which would leave 5 for the next half. Or is this season extended past 13 episodes?

[quote name='sendme']I don't see them killing Carol off screen. I'm sure she will be back unless she had to quit the show and it was to late to write something in. Last we saw she went into the other room. I'm sure at some point they will start looking for her.[/QUOTE]
who is the 3rd grave for then

What a season..I really love how they take stuff from the comics and then flip it so that people like me won't really know what will happen next. Maybe I'm just a cold bastard but I felt nothing about Lori and the baby in the comics. It was a big shocker but nothing could keep me from reading on. If anything, it made me want to read more. I liked how Carl shot Lori and just walked out of there stone cold. It shows where Carl is going to be later on. Also, in the comic, didn't the governor have one hand and the other hand had some weird device attachment thing? But they gave that feature to dale's brother. Seems like a lot of mixing of ideas. Can't wait for the new episodes. Strong ass season.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Awesome season. According to Wikipedia, we get episodes through early December. 8 of them, which would leave 5 for the next half. Or is this season extended past 13 episodes?[/QUOTE]

Season 3 has 16 episodes.

Question about last nights episode:
Was there supposed to be some significance with the zombie Rick stabbed in the stomach or was he just a random zombie?

[quote name='Rodimus']Question about last nights episode:
Was there supposed to be some significance with the zombie Rick stabbed in the stomach or was he just a random zombie?
[/QUOTE]

Lori was no longer in the spot where she had died, but you could see blood stains dragged all across the floor. That zombie also had a hand/mouth full of hair and a rather full stomach. Presumably, that zombie dragged her body over there and devoured her.

[quote name='Tsel']
Lori was no longer in the spot where she had died, but you could see blood stains dragged all across the floor. That zombie also had a hand/mouth full of hair and a rather full stomach. Presumably, that zombie dragged her body over there and devoured her.
[/QUOTE]

I thought that but you didn't see Lori's remains. You'd figure some bones would be nearby

[quote name='mr_burnzz']What a season..I really love how they take stuff from the comics and then flip it so that people like me won't really know what will happen next. Maybe I'm just a cold bastard but I felt nothing about Lori and the baby in the comics. It was a big shocker but nothing could keep me from reading on. If anything, it made me want to read more. I liked how Carl shot Lori and just walked out of there stone cold. It shows where Carl is going to be later on. Also, in the comic, didn't the governor have one hand and the other hand had some weird device attachment thing? But they gave that feature to dale's brother. Seems like a lot of mixing of ideas. Can't wait for the new episodes. Strong ass season.[/QUOTE]

from what i remember
the governor gets savaged by michione after hed been raping and torturing her for days. she gouged out an eye, anal raped him with i believe a hot spoon and nailed his dick to wood. he should have died after all she did to him but he survived.

[quote name='Tsel']
[/QUOTE]

Did you notice all of that during the show, or did you watch the Talking Dead?

I noticed the blood stains from the body being dragged, and I assumed the humans had to drag her body to get it out of the room and out to the grave. The director said that the bloated zombie did it, but when did the zombies start dragging bodies around?

I also noticed that the bloated zombie's chin had something on it, but I didn't realize that it was hair. Finally it just never occurred to me that a zombie could eat an entire human, including large bones, that quickly and with the only effect being a bloated stomach. So, if I hadn't watched the Talking Dead, I would have no idea what happened.

I felt like the director thought he was really clever with his clues about what happened to Lori's body, but none of them made sense, so I just missed them.

Overall, I thought this episode was a disappointment. There wasn't much real tension or drama, just silly "mysteries" that the characters don't even care about.

Last edited by a moderator:
My character development rage:
Not a fan of how they handled T-Dog. Beginning of the season we are told we're going to get some serious character development with him. What do we get? Background story from Glenn. fucking seriously? That's it?

Lori:
I cheered for her death. Her and her little shithead son were the most annoying mother/son duo on TV. They even beat out Gemma and Jax Teller from SOA. Lori has been annoying and bitch since the pilot. Carl is a little douche too.

By the way, how does a zombie eat the bones of a dead woman as well? Lori isn't completely gone. She'll be resurface, as will T-Dog and Carol. Note: I'm guessing Lori and T-Dog resurface as zombies.

The formula on Walking Dead, the character isn't gone unless they are killed on screen.

[quote name='AugustAPC']So I just read that Maggie had a British accent, so for the first time I looked up her actress.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

600full-lauren-cohan.jpg

She was hot before... but GOD DAMN![/QUOTE]

She was on Supernatural as Bella. She was banging hot with an awesome accent on that show.

[quote name='AugustAPC']So I just read that Maggie had a British accent, so for the first time I looked up her actress.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

600full-lauren-cohan.jpg

She was hot before... but GOD DAMN![/QUOTE]

She was on Supernatural as Bella. She was banging hot with an awesome accent on that show.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Awesome season. According to Wikipedia, we get episodes through early December. 8 of them, which would leave 5 for the next half. Or is this season extended past 13 episodes?[/QUOTE]

had to figure it be around the mid of dec a break would come.. i think that car contest ends the 15th

[quote name='Calipso']My character development rage:
Not a fan of how they handled T-Dog. Beginning of the season we are told we're going to get some serious character development with him. What do we get? Background story from Glenn. fucking seriously? That's it?
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think most people feel that way. T-dog is oft referred to as thē TV series "fan favorite," both in many forums and on Talking Dead. On the Talking Dead episode following his death they was some indication we might see more of Theodore in flashbacks and maybe would could get some character development then.

[quote name='chiwii']
Did you notice all of that during the show, or did you watch the Talking Dead?

I noticed the blood stains from the body being dragged, and I assumed the humans had to drag her body to get it out of the room and out to the grave. The director said that the bloated zombie did it, but when did the zombies start dragging bodies around?

I also noticed that the bloated zombie's chin had something on it, but I didn't realize that it was hair. Finally it just never occurred to me that a zombie could eat an entire human, including large bones, that quickly and with the only effect being a bloated stomach. So, if I hadn't watched the Talking Dead, I would have no idea what happened.

I felt like the director thought he was really clever with his clues about what happened to Lori's body, but none of them made sense, so I just missed them.

Overall, I thought this episode was a disappointment. There wasn't much real tension or drama, just silly "mysteries" that the characters don't even care about.
[/QUOTE]
I do watch the Talking Dead and that's where I heard about the handful of hair. Everything else I noticed while watching the show. I was a little confused at first and thought that maybe Carl didn't kill her after all and she crawled away, but I figured it out when I saw the bloated zombie. It wasn't explained very well and there were a lot of aspects that were never introduced before i.e. zombies dragging people and eating them whole.

[quote name='Calipso']My character development rage:

Lori:
I cheered for her death. Her and her little shithead son were the most annoying mother/son duo on TV. They even beat out Gemma and Jax Teller from SOA. Lori has been annoying and bitch since the pilot. Carl is a little douche too.

By the way, how does a zombie eat the bones of a dead woman as well? Lori isn't completely gone. She'll be resurface, as will T-Dog and Carol. Note: I'm guessing Lori and T-Dog resurface as zombies.

The formula on Walking Dead, the character isn't gone unless they are killed on screen.

She was on Supernatural as Bella. She was banging hot with an awesome accent on that show.[/QUOTE]

What was the background story from Glenn? I don't remember it, but I could have been half asleep as well.

[quote name='sendme']What was the background story from Glenn? I don't remember it, but I could have been half asleep as well.[/QUOTE]

Only thing Glenn said that I remember was that T-Dog drove his church van to the houses of senior citizens that he knew when evacuations started in case they needed rides.

[quote name='nekromantix']
Only thing Glenn said that I remember was that T-Dog drove his church van to the houses of senior citizens that he knew when evacuations started in case they needed rides.
[/QUOTE]

See, thats what sucks. T-Dog was the token black character on the show. They didn't give his background or anything really about him.
The one time he shines is when he tries to support the addition of the two prisoners into the group. He brings up valid points and the character finally shows up in a scene.

The only times T-Dog ever stood out as a character:
-The rooftop screw up in the first or second episode of the 1st season with the key.
-Asking Dale if he wanted to bail out when it was just T-Dog and Dale by the RV
-The occasional scene where T-Dog kills a zombie.

I like the show, but I'm pretty pissed with how they handle the minor characters. Almost every person has had their moment to shine on camera but it seems like T-Dog, Carol and Beth Greene were irrelevant and pretty much potential zombie food.

I'm still waiting to hear about the Jones family from Season One. It disappointed me they pretty much wrote off that storyline after the 1st season.

[quote name='Calipso']

I'm still waiting to hear about the Jones family from Season One. It disappointed me they pretty much wrote off that storyline after the 1st season.[/QUOTE]

Comic spoilers:
it's a looooooooooooooooooong time before they show up again in the comics. There's a mini story about them about 30 or so issue in, but they don't officially enter the main story again until post issue 60.

[quote name='Calipso']Lori:

[/QUOTE]

Lori is gone. T-Dog is gone. They won't be back.

[quote name='Calipso']I'm still waiting to hear about the Jones family from Season One. It disappointed me they pretty much wrote off that storyline after the 1st season.[/QUOTE]

Echoing what Purple Flames said a bit, it may seem kind of lame that they just introduced the characters very briefly at the beginning of the show and then "abandoned" them. But it is very true to the comic. I think that's part of the point of the series though. You never know who is going to last or when/if you might see them again.

[quote name='GUNNM']I admit that was kinda shitty how they disposed of Lori -- the zombie ate the whole body? srsly?[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize zombies ate bones whole.

[quote name='neocisco']Lori is gone. T-Dog is gone. They won't be back.[/QUOTE]

They could turn up as zeds. Lori's bones were MIA. Plus, from the look of it....Carl didn't shoot his mom in the head. There was a bullet on the ground and what looks to be a mark from the bullet......but no blood on the bullet or mark. I think he just shot the ground like the little coward he is.

Maybe I dislike Carl too much, but the child actor who plays him has a severe lack of talent like most child actors.

Glad to see Lori and T-Dog go. Not that I had anything against T-Dog, but his stupid name coupled with him being underutilized by the writers was enough to make me happy to see him go. Lori was just annoying.

I know I've been shitting on this show for the last two seasons, but I'm really liking this season. The last episode was kind of lackluster though. Not much happened.

This season has been great!

I was glad to see Lori go (I've been wanted her to go ever since the first season I think).

Sadly, T-dog was just underutilized.

I love Rick as a psycho.

Carl isn't as annoying as he used to be which is welcome.

Darryl is a bad mofo and I'm glad to see Merle is back!

The "paradise" that Michone and Andrea was taken to by Merle is rather interesting. Makes you wonder what else these people are hiding.

Funny how Rick was able to do in 1 episode that somehow the whole group failed to do in 4, and that's clear the prison hallway doom style :applause:

When Carl is rattling off names for the baby based on people they had lost, I was really hoping he'd say T-Dogg for fun.

[quote name='ced']When Carl is rattling off names for the baby based on people they had lost, I was really hoping he'd say T-Dogg for fun.[/QUOTE]

Lol, good one.

bread's done
Back