AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

I really like how they weave the comic and the show together. I read all of the comics prior to the beginning of this season and wasn't sure if that was a good move. However, now I appreciate even more when I notice similarities between the two, but then they make them slightly different. It's like being a know-it-all and then getting the carpet pulled out from under you every single episode. Andrea is a hooker.

[quote name='Michael Scott']I really like how they weave the comic and the show together. I read all of the comics prior to the beginning of this season and wasn't sure if that was a good move. However, now I appreciate even more when I notice similarities between the two, but then they make them slightly different. It's like being a know-it-all and then getting the carpet pulled out from under you every single episode. Andrea is a hooker.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I was really bothered by the turn this last episode took though.
By having Merle kidnap Glenn and Maggie, it APPEARS that Maggie is going to get the "Michonne treatment" from the comic. But I really hope they don't take it as far with Maggie. I really like her, and her character isn't strong enough to suffer through what the Governor did to Michonne. That would just destroy her and she'd become a shell of herself. I'm hoping since it's a TV show and since it's Merle doing it, they won't push that angle though. If they want to slap her around a little bit, fine...but rape and mutilation is too much. If they ruin her character like that, I'll be incredibly pissed off at the show.
Also, agreed. Andrea is a dirty, pirate hooker from whore island.

[quote name='ced']Valid question: Would you have taken
Andrea-Dale over Andrea-Governor
?[/QUOTE]

Andrea/TV Governor over Andrea/Dale. The Andrea and Dale relationship wouldn't have translated well onto the show. I don't think the chemistry would've been there which would have made for some awkward and uncomfortable sceenes.

The scene with
Rick and the telephone was creepy, then heart wrenching and sad. I know some people didn't like it, but I did. Andrew Lincoln really nailed it. And I guess it's pretty much exactly what happened in the comic.

[quote name='Strell']We don't need someone to work the wall, but we do have an entry level position open in our Skanky Whores Division.[/QUOTE]

:lol: exactly!

But you know you would have banged her! :)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The scene with
Rick and the telephone was creepy, then heart wrenching and sad. I know some people didn't like it, but I did. Andrew Lincoln really nailed it. And I guess it's pretty much exactly what happened in the comic.
[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad it wasn't dragged out like it was in the comics.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm just glad it wasn't dragged out like it was in the comics.[/QUOTE]

It was easier to do that in the comics, but since you can actually hear their voices on TV, I doubt they could have had that plot point going on for too long before people started figuring it out. Kudos to the writers for figuring that out and doing the reveal in the same episode.

Yes, it would have been a mistake to try and drag that along... for me, it was potent because my hopes raised and fell with Rick's, and it was a great compliment to the episode, but by no means not material for an arc

Also

Is there a significance to the fact he spoke to a man over the telephone? Guilt over Shane?

I did not like Rick's break in the show. There was so much more weighing upon him in the comics that led to the phone scene. While he may not have the same degree of autonomy, TV Rick seems to be far more reactive and less in control, and he came across as more detached from Lori than in the comics.

Either way, the scene was kept short, and if they don't press it from there, it remains a nice reference to the comics without really detracting from the show.

I just finished the Walking Dead video game this weekend eps 1-5 straight... And I just want more.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. One thing I've learned from Walking Dead (comic, tv and video game forms) is that there is no such thing as a happy ending when dealing with a zombie apocalypse.

Right now I'm bracing myself for some really bad shit to go down soon. I just know it.

[quote name='slidecage']what is the Governor feeding his kid.. she did not look like she was wasting away[/QUOTE]I'm sure that will be revealed.

[quote name='option.iv']I just finished the Walking Dead video game this weekend eps 1-5 straight... And I just want more.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. One thing I've learned from Walking Dead (comic, tv and video game forms) is that there is no such thing as a happy ending when dealing with a zombie apocalypse.

Right now I'm bracing myself for some really bad shit to go down soon. I just know it.[/QUOTE]No happy endings? I think Andrea just gave the governor one.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
No happy endings? I think Andrea just gave the governor one.[/QUOTE]

Naw that was just outright sex. Slutty ass sex.

I thought it was odd that there was no dial tone when Herschel picked up the phone. I thought for sure the camera was going to pan back and reveal the phone not being plugged in...

[quote name='Javery']
I thought it was odd that there was no dial tone when Herschel picked up the phone. I thought for sure the camera was going to pan back and reveal the phone not being plugged in...
[/QUOTE]

:twisted:

[quote name='WV Matsui']:lol: exactly!

But you know you would have banged her! :)[/QUOTE]

To prevent a Lori situation, I would have tossed it in her pooper.

[quote name='Javery']
[/QUOTE]

Herschel's face was a dead give away after he picked up the phone. I didn't read the comic series, but the second I saw Herschel's face I knew Rick went off the deep end and went batshit nuts.

[quote name='renique46']The only thing that wasn't awful about tonight was that CM punk was on Talking Dead.[/QUOTE]

Haters gonna hate. I thought tonight's episode was fantastic.

[quote name='Tsel']Haters gonna hate. I thought tonight's episode was fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Felt the same about Danai's ass in those jeans as well. Next week is going to be pretty epic.

Jeez, I missed last weeks episode and barely caught the end of tonight's. Can someone help me catch up in spoilers or direct me to a site that plays past episodes?

Another great episode. Mid-season finale looks like it will be fantastic.

I've gotta hand it to them. Complete turnaround from season 2 to 3, though I don't think season 2 was a complete loss by any stretch.

I really think this season is the best one yet. I did think it was funny when the KFC ad came up. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

[quote name='ced']LMFAO. This zombie horde eating a corpse's entrails presented to you by KFC![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Fazzoli's missed a prime advertising opportunity there.

[quote name='Strell']Yeah, Fazzoli's missed a prime advertising opportunity there.[/QUOTE]They're still around? Shut down all of them everywhere I've been recently.

And that's because they aren't capitalizing on product placement! When I see several bloody hands frantically tearing apart intestines, I ought to be thinking that spaghetti sounds pretty awesome right about now.

[quote name='Tsel']U mad?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but apparently you are since you felt the need to respond to what i said in the first place. Sorry if you were disappointed that everyone is not gonna circle jerk with you every episode.

[quote name='renique46']Nope, but apparently you are since you felt the need to respond to what i said in the first place. Sorry if you were disappointed that everyone is not gonna circle jerk with you every episode.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to express my opinion on a discussion forum or that in doing so, I would be labeled as being 'mad'. I also find it pretty funny that you seem to think you have the majority opinion, when virtually everyone has agreed with me that this was a great episode. Like I said, haters gonna hate. :)

[quote name='Tsel']Hmm, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to express my opinion on a discussion forum or that in doing so, I would be labeled as being 'mad'. I also find it pretty funny that you seem to think you have the majority opinion, when virtually everyone has agreed with me that this was a great episode. Like I said, haters gonna hate. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to express my opinion on a discussion forum or that in doing so, I would be labeled as being 'haters gonna hate'

see how that works?

Never once said I had the majority opinion, reading comprehension please learn it instead of making moronic assumptions.:)

[quote name='renique46']Hmm, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to express my opinion on a discussion forum or that in doing so, I would be labeled as being 'haters gonna hate'

see how that works?

Never once said I had the majority opinion, reading comprehension please learn it instead of making moronic assumptions.:)[/QUOTE]

Mimicking my entire post while ridiculing my sarcastic use of a meme at the same time? Mature. You expressed an unpopular opinion, so I replied to it. I never said you said you had the majority opinion, I said you simply acted as if you did.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Gosh the next episode looks goood! Does anyone know the gap until it'll start again?[/QUOTE]

February.

I'm surprised they didn't [graphic novel spoiler]
have Michonne be caught, kidnapped, tortured, raped, etc. like she was in the graphic novel. I guess not too surprised, that's extremely controversial for TV and they didn't need to have it happen to get across how sinister the governor is.

Next week is the mid season finale right? I liked the episode but damn if I don't hate how they left it on a cliffhanger. Looked at the clock and realized the episode just flew by.
Anyone know what the deal was with the unnamed character in the house?

Yesterday's episode was boring and just filler for next week's episode.

I still desire Carl dieing violently. His acting reminds me of:
202525428_8585322e9b_o.jpg

[quote name='saunderscowie']Also has that guy been asleep for a while? Saying he's going to call the cops when he discovered Rick and co in his shack.[/QUOTE]

The guy was nuts, he was living with a dead rotting dog on his floor.

[quote name='Scorch']February.

I'm surprised they didn't [graphic novel spoiler]
have Michonne be caught, kidnapped, tortured, raped, etc. like she was in the graphic novel. I guess not too surprised, that's extremely controversial for TV and they didn't need to have it happen to get across how sinister the governor is.
[/QUOTE]

Well, it didn't really make sense to do that to Michonne because with the way they switched things up for the show, she had no information they needed when she was there. But as I kind of alluded to last week, by putting Maggie in that position, to me, it changes the feeling of the situation entirely. I mean, rape is rape...but Michonne was already proven to be a numb to the world, badass who could take care of herself at that point in the comic. Maggie, on the other hand, seems to just be finding her place in this new world and discovering that she can survive. Putting her through what Michonne went through in the comic would have ruined her.

Also, my wife and I discussed the point that how they handled this would determine how the show really wants to portray the Governor. Is he a man who's adapted to a new world and is doing what he has to do to protect what he feels is the last bit of "normal life" left. Or is he just a beyond fucked up sociopath? Raping Maggie there would have absolutely nothing to do with the circumstances his people are in or the fact that zombies are now the dominant species on the planet.

The way it was written on the show, it seemed like nothing more than a humiliation tactic to get information. The look on his face after he walked away from her almost made it seem like he never would have gone through with it. So, while he definitely has some issues and is certainly an adversary for Rick's group, I don't know that he's the pure evil that Kirkman writes him to be in the comic.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
. Is he a man who's adapted to a new world and is doing what he has to do to protect what he feels is the last bit of "normal life" left. Or is he just a beyond fucked up sociopath? [/QUOTE]

He has a wall of zombie heads in fish tanks, nuff said.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Also has that guy been asleep for a while? Saying he's going to call the cops when he discovered Rick and co in his shack.[/QUOTE]

could of been drunk or high on drugs or maybe he wasnt all there in the head.. His family told him not to leave the house until they returned (they never came back so he never went outside)

What was the season 2 midseason thing i think it was when they found out sofia was dead?

I liked Rick trying to convince the hillbilly in the shack that he was a cop. That meeting would've gone a bit smoother if Rick was still wearing his Sheriff's uniform. Just goes to show you never throw out anything in a zombie apocalypse. Now where's that storage chest that magically movies items from place to place like in Resident Evil...

[quote name='Bezerker']He has a wall of zombie heads in fish tanks, nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you just want to sit and relax and watch some TV on your recliner. He doesn't have that, he just has heads moving their mouth not saying anything. Hell, sounds better than most reality television shows now.

bread's done
Back