AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Socket 939 CPU for $150AR

[quote name='Digitalpinoy']http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1447065

For those still on socket 939 motherboards and can't afford the upgrade to C2D, this is a sweet deal. It runs @ 89W and each core has a 1MB Cache (2x1MB). Most 939s only feature a 512kb cache per core to cut cost down in order to compete with Intel's C2D.

Shipping is about $6.50[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. Tempting, but my Opteron 165 runs at 2.4ghz... Are the latest 4400+s good overclockers?

[quote name='doomgaze_86']Hmm.. Tempting, but my Opteron 165 runs at 2.4ghz... Are the latest 4400+s good overclockers?[/QUOTE]

The people who should consider upgrading are those who aren't on dual core yet. If you want to compare the two, your Opteron 165 has a 9x multiplier while the 4400+ has a 11x multiplier. If you did buy one you could probably get it to over 3ghz but in your case I don't think it's that necessary.

I'm running the X2 4400+ 939 right now, and I have to say it's worth it. If you aren't ready to replace your whole board (and maybe even video card if you're still on agp!) then it's a cheaper way to increase performance significantly.

If that rebate is good (Tiger-Direct can be sketchy...) then this is a great deal.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I have a 3700 right now should I consider this or wait till a bigger one goes for less?[/QUOTE]

It's a much better processor... but I'm pretty sure that I saw a 939 FX processor for $200 just recently. It was a low end one but you could OC it to much higher levels.

The prices on these 939s will just keep on falling so unless you really feel like you need to upgrade, I would wait.

Thats an insane price. My 4200 was 400 when I got it. They overclock pretty nice too. I've got a 10% OC on stock cooling.

Son of a bitch, I just spent 150 on a dual core 3800+ just a couple days ago. Oh well, I should have waited a little while, or maybe I could try to return it.....

bread's done
Back