AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

PDJ

CAGiversary!
[customspoiler=Show Image]
KLsisLP.png
[/customspoiler]

Looks like AMD is putting together another promotion for those who pick up a 7800 or 7900 series graphics card. You get Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider free with a 7800 card, or Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with a 7900 card. And if you really feel like blowing a ton of cash and buying two 7900 cards to crossfire, you get the above three games plus Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

I read this promotion is supposed to go live sometime next week, but NewEgg seems to be offering these deals as of today.

Newegg Graphics Cards

Figured I would provide a link above. I've been waiting for a promotion like this before I picked up another 7850 to crossfire with my other card. The 7950 cards have dropped below the $300 mark and offer a good choice as an upgrade if you're looking to get rid of that old graphics card.

Edit: Here's a list of participating stores/sites taken from AMD's webpage:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

[Customspoiler=Show Image]
chart_black.png
[/customspoiler]

Just added, all previous and current customers of this promotion with also receive FC3 Blood Dragon free! Credit to DarthVicious82 for the heads-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, just got my FC:BD code, and that was completely unexpected! So I bought this code off of Ebay about a week before TR came out for $55, and not only got TR & B:I at launch for that price but now FC:BD. I'm good with that. :D

[quote name='MarkTheArk']I have far cry on steam so even though they gave me the uplay code I guess I cant play it?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you? Just get it on Uplay. It doesn't require Far Cry 3 to play.

[quote name='Aerc']Why wouldn't you? Just get it on Uplay. It doesn't require Far Cry 3 to play.[/QUOTE]

I thought it wasn't standalone?

[quote name='MarkTheArk']I thought it wasn't standalone?[/QUOTE]

you thought wrong.

I have the game, but its not showing up in my uplay account and on the store page it says releases on 5/1/2013... which it is as of 2 hours ago.

Guess it doesn't unlock at midnight eh.

[quote name='retrad'] I have the game, but its not showing up in my uplay account and on the store page it says releases on 5/1/2013... which it is as of 2 hours ago.

Guess it doesn't unlock at midnight eh.[/QUOTE]

Same situation here.

Steam has the game being "available" in approximately 3 hours, so I'm guessing the game won't officially be available in Uplay until 1pm-ish Eastern time US.

[quote name='retrad']I have the game, but its not showing up in my uplay account and on the store page it says releases on 5/1/2013... which it is as of 2 hours ago.[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear it's not just me. I remember FC3 showed up in my games catalog but just couldn't be selected (mousing over it said it hadn't launched yet) but FC3:BD just didn't show up at all. Was a little nervous about it but figured I'd just sleep on it and take another look this afternoon.

Pre-loading would have been nice though. Who do I rage at that installing my free bonus game is mildly inconveniencing me?

You guys who received your key, did you sign up for that "Gaming Evolved" newsletter?

I saw this tweet from @AMDRadeon and I know I didn't click that subscribe check box when I entered my code.

Doubt it's necessary at all, and I'll just wait patiently.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']You guys who received your key, did you sign up for that "Gaming Evolved" newsletter?

I saw this tweet from @AMDRadeon and I know I didn't click that subscribe check box when I entered my code.

Doubt it's necessary at all, and I'll just wait patiently.[/QUOTE]

I didn't sign up but just got my key a little while ago.

Still can't use my promo code. So bummed. Has anyone else run into this? Just says "INVALID PROMO CODE" after I add the correct game to my cart (from the email).

Oh, and check your spam folders.

My key last night went into my spam folder when the keys for TR and BSI went into my regular mail. I'm not sure what the difference was that tripped my GMail's spam filters but if I didn't know to look for it, I never would have seen it come and go.

[quote name='WilliamG']Still can't use my promo code. So bummed. Has anyone else run into this? Just says "INVALID PROMO CODE" after I add the correct game to my cart (from the email).[/QUOTE]

I am having this same issue. I think the only solution is to try to contact Ubisoft Support.

[quote name='THHG']I am having this same issue. I think the only solution is to try to contact Ubisoft Support.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft won't help.

Mid-Day Update:
This is the Official AMD Message going out across social media:

"We are aware of an “invalid code” issue on Uplay for some of our customers. We are looking into the situation with Ubisoft and will update and deliver the Far Cry ® 3 Blood Dragon keys once this has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

I confirmed that not all regions have been suspended with game-key distribution. Just the affected regions.

;Marc

http://forums.amd.com/game/messagev...=165292&STARTPAGE=2&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Mine went through a short while ago. Not sure if anyone else has had the same luck?

Took forever for it to show up in "My Games" section but I was currently downloading it until I got a Windows Activation error

It's not a very simple task although.. You essentially receive a "Promo Code" that acts as $15 off coupon in the checkout process. Then you proceed by waiting forever for it to actually show in both your games section and order history...Too many hands in the cookie jar if you ask me

Anyone get two 7950s or 7970s during this deal or ever? I know there has been a lot of talk of "Frame Rating" and AMD lacking in that department but what's everyone's actual take on it?

I currently only have one Powercolor 7950 OC to 1100/1400 and I am quite impressed but I wouldn't mind having some extra kick as well.

[quote name='thealmighty96']It's not a very simple task although.. You essentially receive a "Promo Code" that acts as $15 off coupon in the checkout process. Then you proceed by waiting forever for it to actually show in both your games section and order history...Too many hands in the cookie jar if you ask me[/QUOTE]

I thought it was simple enough for me. I just received my code this morning. Clicked the provided link, registered online, add game to cart, input code, downloaded uplay, installed it, logged in, and now downloading the game.

[quote name='WilliamG']Ubisoft won't help.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they referred me to AMD. And the waiting game continues...

I redeemed my first code on Uplay last night and had no problems. got an email this morning that it should now be in my library.

I have one more and this gives me some hesitation selling it.

I got my code this morning and I just tried to use it. DUD.

I'm one of the folks who got a Bioshock key late, and now the Blood Dragon code doesn't work. I have the worst luck with this promotion :(

I already contacted AMD. Hopefully I'll get a new one by tomorrow...

Im unlcear on the blood dragon code, when you put blood dragon in your cart and enter the promo code should the discount appear right away?

[quote name='paz9x']Im unlcear on the blood dragon code, when you put blood dragon in your cart and enter the promo code should the discount appear right away?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If it doesn't, then you're in the same boat as me and have a bad key. Email [email protected] and give them your name and email address and they should send you a new one at some point.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Yes. If it doesn't, then you're in the same boat as me and have a bad key. Email [email protected] and give them your name and email address and they should send you a new one at some point.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I sent them an email. An odd way to handle this promo, why not just send a game key?

I don't think Uplay has a "Enter a game key" function like Steam does. Even when I've purchased games from other retailers (such as Anno 2070), it made me install the game from GameFly's servers, then launch it and not until I entered the activation key in game did Uplay add it into my catalog.

So, since they don't have that, they're doing unique coupon codes for 100% off the game purchase from the Ubisoft store.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I don't think Uplay has a "Enter a game key" function like Steam does. Even when I've purchased games from other retailers (such as Anno 2070), it made me install the game from GameFly's servers, then launch it and not until I entered the activation key in game did Uplay add it into my catalog.

So, since they don't have that, they're doing unique coupon codes for 100% off the game purchase from the Ubisoft store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sounds right. It such an odd system.

I just got my code for Blood Dragon and it worked fine on the Ubistore link they provided. Downloading now and such!

Fyi, if you think you have a bad code, follow their instructions to a T. I tried the code thru uplay on my PC and i got nothing. Used the code via their link and success!

Well I finally got my code from AMD, but uplay says 'a ubisoft service is not available at the moment' and has been for the last 12 hrs... so yeah this whole thing is pretty shitty.

[quote name='deltakong']so yeah this whole thing is pretty shitty.[/QUOTE]
Not to belabor the obvious but the inclusion of FC3:BD was a total gift from AMD/Ubisoft. Not part of the advertised promotion and included just to be cool. They owed none of us anything beyond the initial terms of the Never Settle deal. A little patience for the glitches and bugs wouldn't hurt.

got my key this morning too

its downloading now, but wow uPlay is horrible. it wont even let you pick a folder to install games to, so i have no choice but to install to my 120 gb SSD.

bread's done
Back