American McGee's Alice

Full_Throttle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey all, I downloaded this awesome game (illegally) several years back, and then I decided to stop my downloading because it was bad, so I deleted all of my illegally obtained files, which included Alice (that was a pointless story).

Since I deleted the game, I've been looking everywhere for a legit way to get this great game, but it's nowhere to be found. I didn't think of asking here until today.

Does anyone know where I can get Alice, or does anyone have a copy which I could buy? This is the game where you are a (not-so-little) girl, whose parents are murdered, and you go into Wonderland with knives and a lethal deck of cards, etc. Great violent game.

Thanks in advance.

PS
I just got 100% on my Calc 2 final about an hour ago :D

If you don't have much luck locally, the game seems quite easy to pick up in Europe as it was rereleased as a budget title. There are plenty of brand new copies on ebay.co.uk for around $5 (though shipping will cost you another $5 >_>): > Link

Yeah, it's an awesome game. American McGee does twisted games and movies. He's coming out with a twisted version game of Wizard of Oz. Twisted meaning absolutely brutal. Alice chopping off heads of cards... Cheshire Puss is demonic... list goes on and on.

Europe, eh? Damn. Nowhere else to buy it from, like... somewhere in the USA? I don't even have an eBay account, so that kinda *ucks things up.

Wow! $2.95 for sale and $1.95 shipping. That's $5 total. Too bad somebody can't buy it for me and let me pay them cash... right at the link posted above... just $5. And I would "tip" too. :whistle2:(

Oh well. I'll just wait until it shows up at EB Games. By-the-bye, EB doesn't buy/trade used PC games... does it?

[quote name='Full_Throttle']Yeah, it's an awesome game. American McGee does twisted games and movies. He's coming out with a twisted version game of Wizard of Oz. Twisted meaning absolutely brutal. Alice chopping off heads of cards... Cheshire Puss is demonic... list goes on and on.

Europe, eh? Damn. Nowhere else to buy it from, like... somewhere in the USA? I don't even have an eBay account, so that kinda *ucks things up.

Wow! $2.95 for sale and $1.95 shipping. That's $5 total. Too bad somebody can't buy it for me and let me pay them cash... right at the link posted above... just $5. And I would "tip" too. :whistle2:(

Oh well. I'll just wait until it shows up at EB Games.[/quote]

EB doesn't sell used PC games anymore though

[quote name='Full_Throttle']
Wow! $2.95 for sale and $1.95 shipping. That's $5 total. Too bad somebody can't buy it for me and let me pay them cash.[/quote]

Thats not 2.95 in US dollars

MicroCenter usually has it for $9.99, but I don't know if they have one in your area check there website. Last time I was in there I saw it for $9.99. If you enjoyed the game you might want to check out another version of alice finally hitting bookstores in the US later in the year. Looking Glass Wars...

I think I saw it not too long ago as part of a bundle release
Had Alice, Dungeon Keeper and two others I can't remember.

Saw it at either Walmart or Target.

Wal-mart had it in a bundle with Clive Barker's Undying for $9.84 ,but has been OOS on their website for long time, but I did see it in the store awhile back in the bargain software section. Also GoGamer.com has it in stock right now but it's kind of pricey at $14.99 + their dirt cheap shipping @ $2.49 if you want to go that route.

[quote name='eaglebeak']Wal-mart had it in a bundle with Clive Barker's Undying for $9.84 ,but has been OOS on their website for long time, but I did see it in the store awhile back in the bargain software section. Also GoGamer.com has it in stock right now but it's kind of pricey at $14.99 + their dirt cheap shipping @ $2.49 if you want to go that route.[/quote]

Undying was another sweet game.

Oddly enough, my Half Priced Books usually has several copies of this. It's a jewel case with cardboard packing around it...but I think they're usually $4.99.

It's worth a phone call if you have any Half Priced Books in your area.

Forget about EB. They don't have used PC games anymore. I actually bought a copy of AM Alice new on clearance over a year ago at EB for 25Cents.

Never played it, but I just moved and it's stashed away somewhere in my storage unit with the rest of my house-guts.

If you can't find it anywhere else, look at Circuit City. They have a bundle for $10-$20 that has about 5-6 games, one of them being Alice. I've also seen it sold alone at Circuit City for only a few bucks.

Oh well. I bought it off of a CAG here for $21, along with Freedom Fighters and a nice PC gamepad I've been looking for. I guess it's a good deal: $5 for Alice, $4 for Freedom Fighters, $12 for Gamepad = 21, - shipping = $15. Quite a very good deal if you take out shipping costs.

Wow, Alice + Clive Barker's Undying runs for $30 on Amazon... I guess WalMart is good for some things.

Undying was probably the least played, but most interested first person game in a long time.

Alice was good in premise but the actual game wasn't nearly as good as the game's trailer.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']Oh well. I bought it off of a CAG here for $21, along with Freedom Fighters and a nice PC gamepad I've been looking for. I guess it's a good deal: $5 for Alice, $4 for Freedom Fighters, $12 for Gamepad = 21, - shipping = $15. Quite a very good deal if you take out shipping costs.

Wow, Alice + Clive Barker's Undying runs for $30 on Amazon... I guess WalMart is good for some things.[/quote]

Nice. Freedom Fighters is a great game. Haven't played the PC one but im sure it's exact same as the console one.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']Yeah, it's an awesome game. American McGee does twisted games and movies. He's coming out with a twisted version game of Wizard of Oz. Twisted meaning absolutely brutal. Alice chopping off heads of cards... Cheshire Puss is demonic... list goes on and on.
[/QUOTE]

Last I knew, Oz was on indefinite hold until they have enough of a franchise built up with toys and movies for it to be a less risky venture for game producers. Just look at Beyond Good and Evil and other simliar games. Great game, great reviews, sold like crap, and sequels put on indefinite hold because people were afraid to buy a game that didnt follow a known successful franchise.

PennyArcade_StrawberryShortcake.sized.jpg

It's a shame you weren't looking for this game about 2 yrs back. I'm looking at a copy that I got for 25 cents at EB. Yep, 25 cents.

bread's done
Back