amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I´m a longtime Zelda fan who started collecting amiibos a couple of years ago, and would appreciate some advice. I have an unopened SS Link from Amazon (with dented packaging) and a TP Link from Gamestop. The other Zelda amiibos I have are all opened: Smash Bros Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Wolf Link, 8-bit Link and OoT Link. What would be the best way to get some of the remaining Zelda amiibos in exchange for the newest two?

I´m a longtime Zelda fan who started collecting amiibos a couple of years ago, and would appreciate some advice. I have an unopened SS Link from Amazon (with dented packaging) and a TP Link from Gamestop. The other Zelda amiibos I have are all opened: Smash Bros Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Wolf Link, 8-bit Link and OoT Link. What would be the best way to get some of the remaining Zelda amiibos in exchange for the newest two?
You can try posting in the trading forum here at CAG https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340285-nintendo-amiibo-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-rules-in-the-op-before-posting/, you can also use https://www.reddit.com/r/amiiboSwap/ to find a trade partner.
Both have worked for me.
Good luck!

I'm confused. I ordered the Skyward sword amiibo but I don't think that's what I received. Link appears to be holding the sword horizontally not skyward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried an OMS order for MM Link at Best Buy this morning and it was a no go.  Not surprising considering it was a week after release but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway.

Sounds like the double cannon-armed Samus defect. That could be worth THOUSANDS! :D
Collector value means nothing to me (other than insurance value) as I would never part with any of my video games or their collectibles. Just have to find a normal one now and I'm good to go.

Are the BOTW rare now? The Best Buy next to my work has a million Zelda and Riders, only one archer (which I needed). I wasn't sure if they were currently rare.

Are the BOTW rare now? The Best Buy next to my work has a million Zelda and Riders, only one archer (which I needed). I wasn't sure if they were currently rare.
All the first wave have been reprinted (all but Bokoblin), which is surely driving down their gray market value.

Might have to dump my SS Link and take the $70+ before expenses.  And take a chance it gets reprinted.   It's one of the "cool" ones though.

Picked up a Dark Bowser Skymiibo yesterday for $20 at TRU. It even came with a bunch of extra stuff like some wii game idc about.

The Best Buy I stopped by close to Cincinnati is crammed full of BOTW amiibo. This is not even all the guardian amiibo they had.[attachment=27025:IMG_0847.JPG]

Local Best Buy restocked as well, saw like 4 of each Amiibo including Guardians sitting on the shelves, probably had more in back but I just glanced.

The BB closest to me had a massive restock on all BotW Amiibos as well. Seems like they're not super rare anymore. I would love to get my hands on a MM Link but I don't think there's a chance of that.

we are almost at splatoon 2 time! Reminder: Inkling squid may be a rare one, since it's not on Gamestop's website for sale. So make sure to pre-order in-store at gamestop if you can!

Thanks for the heads up on the BB Guardian restock. Picked one up this morning (they had 8 on the floor).

They also had around 12 Archer Links. No other BotW Amiibo were restocked at my store.

The local distribution center for my store has 300+ of each of the Zelda amiibo that are getting restocked. Not going to be all that rare. ;)

If anything, the Bokoblin is absolute proof that people will pay money even for complete trash. Doesn't even unlock good items in the game, and it's the worst figure from the BOTW line.

If anything, the Bokoblin is absolute proof that people will pay money even for complete trash. Doesn't even unlock good items in the game, and it's the worst figure from the BOTW line.
The Guardian doesn't unlock anything much better, nor Archer Link or BotW Zelda. The Bokoblin looks pretty cool though, which is pretty much the only reason to buy the Guardian.

The only one I still need is that damn Bokoblin. :`(
Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
I figured I would be able to pick bokoblin up on clearence because it would be overproduced and under purchased after the initial hysteria died down. I started to notice it wasn't in anymore stores and thankfully grabbed the last one at a local GameStop about a month ago

we are almost at splatoon 2 time! Reminder: Inkling squid may be a rare one, since it's not on Gamestop's website for sale. So make sure to pre-order in-store at gamestop if you can!
They're all still available at BB, so I wouldn't be too concerned yet. Also, there's GCU, so I don't know why you'd go with GS

I figured I would be able to pick bokoblin up on clearence because it would be overproduced and under purchased after the initial hysteria died down. I started to notice it wasn't in anymore stores and thankfully grabbed the last one at a local GameStop about a month ago
thats the reason i didnt buy. i see lots of other amiibo went down on clearance at BB. so i was assuming it wont sell out.

bread's done
Back