amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Super Smash Bros Samus was considered to be one of Nintendo's core franchises in the West, and one of the more popular characters. So it's been reprinted several times, and is generally easy to find in the wild. It's a pretty sweet amiibo, so I would recommend it for any fan of the series.

The Zero Suit Samus from the Smash Bros line is the one that is more difficult to find, and even that one isn't extremely rare. Keep an eye on used game stores in order to get your hands on one of those for a cheaper price. (or import the Japanese version) You might even be able to find one on store shelves, though it's less likely. Toys R Us is probably your best option. They usually have older figures on shelves for longer.

And $12 an hour is not causing businesses to close. That's a conservative myth, areas like Seattle that have done it along with lots of complaining conservatives have discovered it increases the economy. Turns out that when the poorest have more money to spend, businesses sell more. Poor people don't dump money in investments, stock buybacks and offshore funds.
And you are repeating some liberal myths. Depending on the bias of the study and reporter, you will hear different points. But I know for sure that some restaurants are raising prices or explicitly adding a line item to pay for the min wage increase or forced health care, so that directly affects what I have to spend. OK, now I am really shutting up.

I'm curious, I see a lot of sellers on amazon selling Shiek that have a delivery of later this month/early next month.  I know a few of them are "Just Launched" scammers, but many look from legitimate businesses.  Is there a Japan reprint coming up I'm not aware of?  I regret passing her up way back when she was common.

I'm curious, I see a lot of sellers on amazon selling Shiek that have a delivery of later this month/early next month. I know a few of them are "Just Launched" scammers, but many look from legitimate businesses. Is there a Japan reprint coming up I'm not aware of? I regret passing her up way back when she was common.
I think there were some news about Japan getting a restock on Legend of Zelda amiibos.

https://nintendosoup.com/japan-legend-zelda-wave-2-amiibo-restock-coming-late-october/

I think there were some news about Japan getting a restock on Legend of Zelda amiibos.

https://nintendosoup.com/japan-legend-zelda-wave-2-amiibo-restock-coming-late-october/
Nice! Gonna keep my eye out so I can get a Bokoblin, and Toon Link/Zelda. That'll complete my set save for other JP only Amiibo and the cards. If I import those I'll probably snag Qbby and the MH amiibo. Hopefully the latter will get released here. Still holding out for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuck , did the preorders for the bourgeoisie and proletariat amiibo 2-pack already go live?!?
Don't worry Walmart always takes preorders from those two castes which by your poor grammar and attitude leads me to believe you are at best of the latter variety.

Not looking for sympathy, just wanna sell them.

And by the way I wasn't trying to scalp, Toys R Us sent me them even though I cancelled the order.
"I waited too long to return them because I tried to sell them for a profit " -MattOK....definitely not a conflicting story....

"I waited too long to return them because I tried to sell them for a profit " -MattOK....definitely not a conflicting story....
I think he means his order did not get cancelled, so he got them anyway, so he tried to sell them for a profit but took too long because of some mishap. He did not buy them intending to flip.

I think he means his order did not get cancelled, so he got them anyway, so he tried to sell them for a profit but took too long because of some mishap. He did not buy them intending to flip.
Yep. I bought them from Toys R Us. Then they were available at Best Buy and I bought them there, called and cancelled the Toys R Us ones. But I still got the Toys R Us ones.

The issue is your story doesn't end with "I took the items I tried to cancel back to toys r us and returned them so someone else could buy them at regular price." Your original intent doesn't change the fact you decided to try and sell them at a profit.

Yep. I bought them from Toys R Us. Then they were available at Best Buy and I bought them there, called and cancelled the Toys R Us ones. But I still got the Toys R Us ones.
I think what everyone is trying to say is that CAG is not the place to sell readily available, non-rare items at cost PLUS SHIPPING when you're an admitted scalper who missed the return window on account of greed.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that CAG is not the place to sell readily available, non-rare items at cost PLUS SHIPPING when you're an admitted scalper who missed the return window on account of greed.
1. They're not readily available

2. I ended up with extra copies by accident, not sure what's so bad about selling something I already had. If Best Buy sent someone an extra NES and charged $60 for it even though they never ordered it, how many people would just return it to Best Buy instead of getting a profit?

1. They're not readily available
2. I ended up with extra copies by accident, not sure what's so bad about selling something I already had. If Best Buy sent someone an extra NES and charged $60 for it even though they never ordered it, how many people would just return it to Best Buy instead of getting a profit?
I think you'd have better luck going to the trade section of the forum and posting what you have there.

Wow I was writing a big story and realized, who gives a sh*t. It's a bunch of people you don't know. So I'm just going to tell it like this, my brother gave me the wind waker 2 pack. Pretty sweet so I just wanted to show it off.

aed456b0932cc66d88600cb54002802d.jpg

I'm hoping these are widely available like pretty much all of the other recent two packs, just to make some people feel foolish about stressing so much over it.
We should all feel foolish for ever stressing about any of these pieces of plastic...

We should feel foolish about stressing over anything. Everything will die eventually and nothing will matter
I agree with you, I mean people stress over which group of people can run with a ball in one direction versus another. They stress about whether their clothes are considered "in fashion". They stress about getting the latest song from someone. Whether they win against people they don't know over the Internet.

Trying to shame people because they have a completely harmless hobby that is taking up time/money and you do not consider it worthy is the thing that is silly.

Anyone know where to buy zero suit samus for a reasonable price? I really don't want to spend more than $20 for it, but so far I can't find anything. I don't mind open box, all my amiibo are OOB.

Edit: nevermind ha I found a retail price new on eBay. Just $3 shipping

Wow I was writing a big story and realized, who gives a sh*t. It's a bunch of people you don't know. So I'm just going to tell it like this, my brother gave me the wind waker 2 pack. Pretty sweet so I just wanted to show it off.

aed456b0932cc66d88600cb54002802d.jpg

I was a boxed 2 pack today in a thrift store behind glass. =) My excitement soon faded, however. They wanted $70 for it. :(

Anyone know where to buy zero suit samus for a reasonable price? I really don't want to spend more than $20 for it, but so far I can't find anything. I don't mind open box, all my amiibo are OOB.

Edit: nevermind ha I found a retail price new on eBay. Just $3 shipping
I know you already have it, but my walmart had about 15 of them last weekend. I grabbed one.

I hope they tweak the paint a bit to better match the art. These almost seem like a variant set.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I watched the reveal video thinking "oh Game Grumps this makes sense ha ha fun"

Then I saw it was actually uploaded to the official Nintendo youtube channel itself. Now I'm offended. Too risqué!

bread's done
Back