amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had gotten a preorder in on Pyra/Mythra at my nearest GAmestop and was able to pick them up yesterday.  The guy told me they had like 4 preorders total and got like one extra in, which was immediately scooped up.  

none of the Target stores in my region received Pyra and Mythra amiibos for release yesterday.  zero

Gamestop only had enough for pre-orders, as per usual. 

Best Buy didn't have any extras either.  They haven't hit stores yet.  I'm sure they'll be easy enough to find when they do. 

none of the Target stores in my region received Pyra and Mythra amiibos for release yesterday. zero

Gamestop only had enough for pre-orders, as per usual.

Best Buy didn't have any either. They haven't hit stores yet. I'm sure they'll be easy enough to find when they do.
All the Best Buy ones went to people who got orders in online. I picked up mine from Best Buy yesterday and saw a few others in the pickup area.

Amazon delivered the Xenoblade set today after ordering it yesterday … of course it was in a mailer envelope and partially crushed. Luckily amiibos weren’t damaged but won’t ever be able to resell it. Called and they refunded the cost of shipping … even though it shipped free. Still, saving $7 seemed better than a refund and possibility of missing out.

It's weird to me how these corporations always distribute juuuusst enough to cover pre-orders, without any additional stock, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Instead of meeting demand more at it's head with some extras...the additional shipments come in weeks later, maybe hit clearance, get destroyed, or sit around on shelves and languish forever because nobody wants them anymore.

For example, you've got retailers like Gamestop shipping dozens of Diablo 4 steelbooks to their stores weeks after the fact, and then stores have to give them out for free because NOBODY CARES ANYMORE.  When they could have sold 20 more copies if they had just routed 1 additional brown box on release week. like "huehuehue we're going to teach these dern customers a lesson or two about pre-ordering!"  Joke's on us, ya?

I thought we learned some valuable lessons from all these failed Just-in-Time inventory management systems from 2020+ but apparently not.

(half of) People also don't order amiibos to get them manhandled and stickered with ISPU either. 

I think it’s more Nintendo controlling the supply.  They don’t like to see their stuff languishing on shelves.  Like the Metroid Dread, Skyward sword Zelda and Minecraft Amiibo.  If they let the companies have open preorders the scalpers would still order up a bunch but when they find out they can’t turn a profit, they return and they sit on shelves.  Nintendo doesn’t want that.  

I just got mine in from WalMart- they shipped in a box but the cardboard was creased anyway, but I can live with it. I will say, something about both figures' faces look off. I think it might be that they don't have their lips painted... 

Gee, Nintendo limiting/straining the supply chain of their products?

They'd never do that, right?

Saracasm aside, the Big N has been doing this since, well, forever. It creates FOMO and instructs consumers to pay MSRP rather than wait for sales and discounts.

Nintendo makes a killing selling these for MSRP. Their manufacturing/distribution costs are probably below $5 (as we've seen some get clearanced right at that price).

And people keep falling for it. Hats off to Nintendo for keeping their customers on that tight leash.

So I called asking about my amiibo pre order to Gamestop. I’m out of the country til Friday and they said “we can only hold it for as long as we can, until someone orders it online”. Wtf does that even mean 😭

So I called asking about my amiibo pre order to Gamestop. I’m out of the country til Friday and they said “we can only hold it for as long as we can, until someone orders it online”. Wtf does that even mean [emoji24]
from what I’ve experienced you have it on hold for 48 hrs after release and it’s basically FIRST come first served on your amiibo, they started enforcing the 48hr pickup on any and all preorders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I called asking about my amiibo pre order to Gamestop. I’m out of the country til Friday and they said “we can only hold it for as long as we can, until someone orders it online”. Wtf does that even mean
After 48 hours the system releases it for others to purchase.

I found out that my store’s lead quit over an issue with this. The store got some stupid Pop late. There were in store preorders for it, but since the release date had passed by more than 48 hours it was open for online orders. Store lead called the district manager to ask if they could cancel the online orders so they could call the in store preorder people, Answer was no. I guess this was the straw that broke the cake’s back and she quit.

My GS store didn't receive any of the Pyra/Mythra pack. Presumably when their shipment comes in they'll hold them for 48 hours.

We shall see.

Got super lucky and my Pyra/Mythra from Best Buy came in a large box with plenty of bubble padding. Looks pretty flawless. I had fully expected an envelope and crushed cardboard.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1692160612556496904?s=20

Deep Cut Amiibo coming out on November 17.  My kid is super excited since she loves that game (and they announced these on her birthday).  

Now to the stress on getting preorders for all of them in.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1692160612556496904?s=20

Deep Cut Amiibo coming out on November 17. My kid is super excited since she loves that game (and they announced these on her birthday).

Now to the stress on getting preorders for all of them in.
It better have a larger production run than Pyra + Mythra and Skyward Sword Link (OG run and 2023 run)!

It better have a larger production run than Pyra + Mythra and Skyward Sword Link (OG run and 2023 run)!
Skyward sword link is in stock at $15.99 right now on Amazon and has been for a couple weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-amiibo-Link-Skyward-Sword-switch/dp/B06ZZ6FKGF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2OSML76R1PWM7&keywords=skyward+sword+amiibo&qid=1692287285&sprefix=skyward+sword+ami%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-1

Scroll down to "other sellers on Amazon" for whatever reason amazons listing isn't the main one

Skyward sword link is in stock at $15.99 right now on Amazon and has been for a couple weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-amiibo-Link-Skyward-Sword-switch/dp/B06ZZ6FKGF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2OSML76R1PWM7&keywords=skyward+sword+amiibo&qid=1692287285&sprefix=skyward+sword+ami%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-1

Scroll down to "other sellers on Amazon" for whatever reason amazons listing isn't the main one
Thanks. Ordered one. In fact, one is the limit. Can't even order a second with a second order number. It's not shipping for two more weeks, so that's interesting and concerning. Concerning because I can't bundle anything with it to try to get a box. Prayers it's not thrown into a bubble mailer.

Thanks. Ordered one. In fact, one is the limit. Can't even order a second with a second order number. It's not shipping for two more weeks, so that's interesting and concerning. Concerning because I can't bundle anything with it to try to get a box. Prayers it's not thrown into a bubble mailer.
Mine is coming Sunday so I'll let you know how it comes.

Seems like most of the Splatoon ones have been easier to acquire.
There will probably be leftover Frye. Big man & Shiver are more popular.
Gotcha, I haven't been collecting the splatoon line. Just recently started collecting the Zelda line with all t he restocks and I enjoyed splatoon 3 quite a bit so why not.

Got preorders in for the Amiibo at Best Buy.  Not sure if I actually want the Xenoblade ones, but it’s a lot easier to cancel than get an order in later.  The Zelda ones will be a Christmas gift for one of the kids.  

Seriously wtf is up with xenoblade chronicles amiibo selling out? I managed to get both zelda ones at best buy now I can cancel my play-asia preorders for the zelda amiibo.

Seriously wtf is up with xenoblade chronicles amiibo selling out? I managed to get both zelda ones at best buy now I can cancel my play-asia preorders for the zelda amiibo.
Got the two Tears ones also. I think Nintendo makes a lot more units of Legend of Zelda amiibo than they ever will of Xenoblade.

Got the two Tears ones also. I think Nintendo makes a lot more units of Legend of Zelda amiibo than they ever will of Xenoblade.
I mean I guess, but the TOTK Link disappeared pretty soon after release. So it’s not an excessive amount by any means.

As for Xenoblade they knew people wanted their waifu Mio so they forced a 2 pack.

Every order for zelda and Ganon best buy keeps canceling for me. I get a confirmation and then 5 minutes later a we cancelled your order email. Says I exceeded limit. I was able to get xenoblade at least.

bread's done
Back