amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has any announcement been made in regards to the Smash DLC characters besides Mewtwo?
I dont think anyone has shown anything besides a mystery listing in some stores inventory system.

Nintendo last announcements for amiibo were about the second wave of Animal Crossing coming out in December.

I probably should line up for villager since my Tru in NJ sold half their stock early, and there is always over 30 people in line regardless of stock (even for the Bowser Jr. release, and the nearly 100 ones they got sold out in less than an hour). But...reprint villager is ugly to me, so I'm going to stroll in at opening. Whether I get it or not, I think I'll scour ebay and look for a 1st print one. Someone's bound to sell one at a decent price after the restock.

I probably should line up for villager since my Tru in NJ sold half their stock early, and there is always over 30 people in line regardless of stock (even for the Bowser Jr. release, and the nearly 100 ones they got sold out in less than an hour). But...reprint villager is ugly to me, so I'm going to stroll in at opening. Whether I get it or not, I think I'll scour ebay and look for a 1st print one. Someone's bound to sell one at a decent price after the restock.
Which one is this, Deptford?

Oh im not going tomorrow, I just know Deptford Toys R US is usually packed lol.
Lol, oh. Yeah that's true. Man, there's too many collectors around these parts. ;P

Going 5am. overkill I know, but just going is fun in itself and I get to spend time with my sister and bro!
Hope ya have fun. I went at 4am or so once (it was the only time I could get a ride that day). Was pretty empty until around 6, as only two people showed up before then. Hope someone will join you three.

Grabbing Villager this morning was way too easy.  Walked into the store 5 minutes after opening and only 2 other people had grabbed one before me.  Hopefully everyone else will have an easy experience as well!

Amiibos starting to die down a lot after that retro pack. Yesterday I went to TRU and found tons of Mii Fighters and Bowser Jr. Also saw Fox, Lucario, and Greninja. Picked up Mii Fighters. Went to Best Buy and saw tons of Marth. Picked up Arkham Knight CE and rang up a penny. Employees thinking its some kind of error and they called a manager. I got denied. oh wells

Amiibos starting to die down a lot after that retro pack. Yesterday I went to TRU and found tons of Mii Fighters and Bowser Jr. Also saw Fox, Lucario, and Greninja. Picked up Mii Fighters. Went to Best Buy and saw tons of Marth. Picked up Arkham Knight CE and rang up a penny. Employees thinking its some kind of error and they called a manager. I got denied. oh wells
Yeah, seriously... now I'm just hoping for a Robin/Lucina reprint.

Villager is the only thing at TRU today, right? Last week was the Mii 3 pack and next week is Mega Yarn Yoshi?

Mewtwo up on bestbuy.com for shipping only. For now it's trying to charge $5 shipping even though I'm Elite Plus so I'll wait for them to fix that and hopefully it's still in stock!
I placed an order and called the Elite Plus line to remove the shipping charge.

I can add it on the mobile site. If it does go down hopefully just a sign they're fixing the shipping issue. Pretty sure there should be free shipping on everything right now as part of their holiday promo.
Yeah, I'm trying from my PC. Guess I'll try the mobile site.

Villager acquired! Arrived 30 minutes after opening and the store was mostly empty. The 20% coupon worked no problem, bringing the total to just under $12 after tax. They also had plenty of Mii 3-packs, Shulks, and my first time seeing Bowser Jr.

I can order it from my PC, but like was said, it adds $5.51 in shipping. I was really just checking for your sake, not going to actually order.
Can't do it from mobile either. When I click "add to cart" it gives a message in red that says "Invalid product association." Tried Firefox and Internet Explorer. fuck this - it isn't worth the hassle.

Update: Signed out of my BB account and then clicked add to cart and it finally worked. But like you said they are trying to charge for shipping. I'll just wait. Also, there is no option for store pickup yet.

Order it and after order change to in store pick up, removes the shipping charge.
How are people changing it to in store pick up?
I don't even see the option to cancel it lol...

Edit: lol just as I asked, my slow ass computer loaded the button (had the page open for at least 10 mins before I asked). NVM. XD

Update: Signed out of my BB account and then clicked add to cart and it finally worked. But like you said they are trying to charge for shipping. I'll just wait. Also, there is no option for store pickup yet.
Like themadgamer said, if you check out you can change it to store pick-up. I just did this.

There was a crowd of 20+ people at my TRU at opening.  It's nice that getting an amiibo is actually possible with just a little effort!  I hope getting Ike from Gamestop on Black Friday will be similarly easy.

How are people changing it to in store pick up?
I don't even see the option to cancel it lol...

Edit: lol just as I asked, my slow ass computer loaded the button (had the page open for at least 10 mins before I asked). NVM. XD

Like themadgamer said, if you check out you can change it to store pick-up. I just did this.
when i put my zip code...it says its not available for pick up after i put in the order :*(

when i put my zip code...it says its not available for pick up after i put in the order :*(
Don't lose hope yet. The same thing happened to me with the Wooly World bundle. Eventually I was able to order it at the store I wanted. Maybe they'll update the actual product page for pick-up and it'll work. Keep checking/trying

Order it and after order change to in store pick up, removes the shipping charge.
Did this but no option to select the store i want. Will keep checking it to see if my store eventually pops up.

If it comes back up for order with free shipping may just cancel this order and re order.

Did this but no option to select the store i want. Will keep checking it to see if my store eventually pops up.

If it comes back up for order with free shipping may just cancel this order and re order.
I also hear folks are just calling BB and having them remove the charge.

I currently live in St. Louis for grad school, but I was in Joplin this weekend visiting family. I went to the Toys R Us this morning a few minutes after opening, and they hadn't even put out the Villager Amiibo yet and would be setting them out later. Still, it's nice to be one Amiibo closer to a complete collection.

Just preordered MewTwo from Best Buy, figured I'll just purchase and call for adjusted free shipping, well after buying I went to make changes, clicked shipping and was able to change to store pick up and total went from $16... to $11 with gcu, adjusted itself, hope this helps and works for others.

Why is Best Buy including a shipping charge at all?  Everything is supposed to ship free for the holidays on their website.

Why is Best Buy including a shipping charge at all? Everything is supposed to ship free for the holidays on their website.
it a glitch. Anytime Best Buy list a new item on site it take it about a hour or two to update with store pickup and free shipping for some reason. Happens with everything

I wasn't able to get the order in on the app or chrome.  It worked on firefox tho.  I saw the 5.50 shipping charge, but was able to change it to store pick up after I put the order in too.

Toys R Us - Schaumburg, IL
(I know there is a couple local people I know of on here)

As of 11:30 CST, there was a huge cart with probably around 50 Villager left.
40-50 Shulk
5 Captain Falcon
10 Bowser Jr. (Estimate)
2 Olimar
3 Lucario
1 Sonic
30 Mii 3 packs (Estimate)
Maybe 5-10 Splatoon 3 packs?

For everyone else, this Toys R Us is in a heavily populated area next to one of the biggest/popular malls in the nation. If their stock is good, there is hope for you.

bread's done
Back