amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Added Mewtwo to cart, said only shipping was available w/ $5 charge. Went to check out and it said free, so you should be able to get free shipping right now! Done deal.

Order Summary
  • Product Total $12.99
  • Shipping FREE
  • Sales Tax, Fees & Surcharges
    $1.04
  • Order Total $14.03

Added Mewtwo to cart, said only shipping was available w/ $5 charge. Went to check out and it said free, so you should be able to get free shipping right now! Done deal.
Confirming this. Just used an incognito window in Chrome and it got around the "invalid product association" error and showed with free standard shipping in cart. $10.39 + tax, estimated delivery day Tuesday November 17th.

Almost feel like going to my local TRU to get a Villager to keep sealed with Lucina and Mega Man.  Definitely my 3 favorites to use in game.  With so many everywhere I don't feel like I'm taking one from someone who wants it.

Shit!  Completely forgot about Villager today! I'm about 70 miles (round trip) from the closest TRU.

Don't really want to drive for just him today. I'll go tomorrow, since I'll be closer. If he's sold out, I guess I'll get it from a reseller. :/

EDIT:  A friend of mine was able to stop by a close TRU and grab me a Villager.  They took the 20% off coupon, too!

Now that I'm done with errands I can tell my villager story:
Went to get villager early this morning, a little after opening (woke up late). I get there, and there's a bunch of cars at the store. My buddy says, "They can't all be here for villager..." I look in front of me and see a car with Samus, and Banjo and Kazooie vinyl stickers on it. I don't respond lol.
Walk in, sure enough: tons of people heading to, and from the electronic section.

It was all good though, they had newly delivered boxes they were unpacking. There were so many. Got villager for $8.99 with a rewards certificate (a nice one too, he looks normal: severe lack of giant forehead). Very happy.

I placed my order for Mewtwo almost 2 hours ago but never received any confirmation email is that normal? I did the online chat with best buy and he said my order is fine but I dont want to cancel walmart til I know this one is fine

Has anyone tried Pre-ordering Mewtwo in store? I know if you give the cashier the sku # they should be able to look it up.
It won't work. During the madness of Wave 3/4, when every pre order was sold out, people were still able to print out pre order slips from their kiosks. However, when you go to pay you get denied by the register. Pre orders, even in store, are tied to their online site.

I hope the pre-order is still up when I come back for the mewtwo. Also, my lil sister bought two villager from the TRU near her. Awesome. :D

I just now got the Best Buy order confirmation, so I imagine you'll be ok. My order was placed three hours ago almost to the minute.

I placed my order for Mewtwo almost 2 hours ago but never received any confirmation email is that normal? I did the online chat with best buy and he said my order is fine but I dont want to cancel walmart til I know this one is fine
If you mean has anyone else not gotten a confirmation email yet then yes, you're not the only one.

If you mean has anyone else not gotten a confirmation email yet then yes, you're not the only one.
I just got mine like 10 minutes ago so does that mean its OK..because I have this pre ordered at walmart.com too and I want to cancel the walmart order since with GCU Im saving more money

Whats the # everyone is calling to have the shipping charges removed?

I noticed now when i go to make changes to the order that choosing in store pickup is not an option anymore.

Picked up Villager and the Mii Fighters at TRU (carle place, NY) and they still had at least a dozen of each an hour ago. Thanks to the few I picked up while I was away, I just need Falco to ship and my collection will be complete =D

Washington, PA Toys'R Us had approximately 15 Bowser Jr and 25+ Villager on pegs as of 5pm EST. They still have more in boxes as well, according to rep on the phone.

I was relieved to stop by on my break to TRU to pick up the reprint villager and Mii fighters. I used the 20% off coupon and it took it off the mii fighters despite the cashier telling me it wouldn't work. Little did she know I was a CAG and you guys said it worked.

My wallet is crying but my amiibo hunt is almost over. I just need Modern Mario, Falco, Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, Lucas, all the animal crossing amiibo, mega yarn yoshi, and about 3 quarters of the amiibo cards. My famicom ROB from amazon for $24 arrives tomorrow.

I picked up my Villager from TRU a couple hours (around 4 PM Pacific time). They weren't on display, though... They had them in a box behind the register in the video game section. Glad I didn't get the first print run of Villagers since the forehead looks horrible on those.

That brings my amiibo collection to seven (the Splatoon 3-pack, Toad, Green Yarn Yoshi, Blue Yarn Yoshi and Villager). I just need to get that Animal Crossing 3-pack and a Sonic amiibo and then I should be done collecting these damn things.

That brings my amiibo collection to seven (the Splatoon 3-pack, Toad, Green Yarn Yoshi, Blue Yarn Yoshi and Villager). I just need to get that Animal Crossing 3-pack and a Sonic amiibo and then I should be done collecting these damn things.
You're still short Rosalina, Lucina, Shulk, Zelda, Ganondorf, King DeDeDe, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, the Wii Fit Trainer, the two Pits, and a whole bunch of others that are worth getting, all of which are far better than Sonic and anything Animal Crossing.

[quote name="afroman787" post="13016465" timestamp="1447055691"]hey all does anybody know if the Canadian amiibos are the same as those in the US, is there any difference in packaging?[/quote]
No difference at all lol like Canada is special

You're still short Rosalina, Lucina, Shulk, Zelda, Ganondorf, King DeDeDe, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, the Wii Fit Trainer, the two Pits, and a whole bunch of others that are worth getting, all of which are far better than Sonic and anything Animal Crossing.
For the most part, I buy my amiibo based on the in-game content they unlock, not on their looks. They usually tend to be characters I like, though. I'm not really a fan of any of those characters, so... yeah.

I will admit that I purchased the Yarn Yoshi's solely on their looks.

Don't sometimes they have dual language packaging with French?
Not in this case... It has to do with region which ours (including Canada & South America) are considered North American region... Then there's Europe and Japanese regions (explaining why you only seen/heard of those 3 type of boxes)

Is it just me or do you guys find it weird that Mega Yarn Yoshi has no special functionality in Woolly World but does get recognized as Mega/has functionality in Super Mario Maker......What's that about ???

Got a confirmation on a TRU Rep yesterday about Mewtwo. He told me that is was going to be sold This friday (Nov. 13).

Just a little clarification, since i think that a couple of people said that it was coming out the 18.

Take this with a grain of salt, don't know if it's anything true or not, just a little info on the long awaited Amiibo since there hasn't been a specific date for him, unless it was confirmed while i was away for the weekend.

Got a confirmation on a TRU Rep yesterday about Mewtwo. He told me that is was going to be sold This friday (Nov. 13).

Just a little clarification, since i think that a couple of people said that it was coming out the 18.

Take this with a grain of salt, don't know if it's anything true or not, just a little info on the long awaited Amiibo since there hasn't been a specific date for him, unless it was confirmed while i was away for the weekend.
The 13th is what BB has for the release date, and estimated arrival for preorders. I'd say it's confirmed as the date now.

So Mewtwo is going to be a "regular" release in all stores that sell Amiibo?  Should be able to walk into a GS or Wal Mart on Friday and pick one up without issue?

I was in Toys R Us to take advantage of the buy 1, get on 40% off deal on the Disney Infinity characters. Grabbed a blue Yoshi Yarn amiibo while I was at it. When I brought everything up to the register, the clerk asked me if I was looking for a Villager. Didn't know they were going to be available there, so I said yes. I had managed to get a used Villager a while ago, but I decided I wouldn't mind having a mint-in-box Villager. I've played a LOT of Animal Crossing over the years, so I consider myself a fan.

According to the GameStop black Friday add, there are going to be some rare amiibo re-prints available. Those clever buggers know how to keep pulling me in on black Friday morning.

So Mewtwo is going to be a "regular" release in all stores that sell Amiibo? Should be able to walk into a GS or Wal Mart on Friday and pick one up without issue?
I don't think you can count on Walmart for anything, ever. Not saying they won't have it, but, for amiibo purchases, I would never depend on them. They have been better. I think it was Wave 2a or 3 that they just never stocked. This may have changed finally.

Gamestop is good since they are a games retailer, but they do have limited shelf space, and possibilities of employee shenanigans (which is possibly everywhere of course). They often post stock numbers on their front door so you know what to expect though which is great.

Target does a pretty good job. Plus they open the earliest - most likely 8am. You can check stock numbers on brickseek ahead of time.

Best Buy has improved since the early waves in terms of getting stock on release day, limiting to 1 per customer, etc. Plus, GCU!

Whatever route you choose, I recommend getting there at opening. The days where you need to camp out seem to be fading, but it's best to get there right when a store opens. Call in sick, take an early lunch, run an errand, have an "emergency". Be creative if you work.

I was in Toys R Us to take advantage of the buy 1, get on 40% off deal on the Disney Infinity characters. Grabbed a blue Yoshi Yarn amiibo while I was at it. When I brought everything up to the register, the clerk asked me if I was looking for a Villager. Didn't know they were going to be available there, so I said yes. I had managed to get a used Villager a while ago, but I decided I wouldn't mind having a mint-in-box Villager. I've played a LOT of Animal Crossing over the years, so I consider myself a fan.

According to the GameStop black Friday add, there are going to be some rare amiibo re-prints available. Those clever buggers know how to keep pulling me in on black Friday morning.
I would feel fairly certain that other than Ike, their "rare reprints" are going to be Marth, Captain Falcon and the others we already saw at TRU and Best Buy. They probably just held them back for Black Friday. Maybe Ness will make a re-appearance though, but I would think they might advertise that since he was exclusive to them.

Now that most of the rare ones have come back in strength, I wonder when we might see Dedede, Meta Knight, Robin, Lucina and Wii Fit Trainer again. I know they had a small restock a while back, but nothing compared to the swarm we recently had. One more dump like this and they will wipe out the old backlog many could not get.

Nintendo should have held back all of these massive re-stock dumps for Black Friday. They probably would have sold out instantly (although high returns may have resulted also, who knows...).

Nintendo should have held back all of these massive re-stock dumps for Black Friday. They probably would have sold out instantly (although high returns may have resulted also, who knows...).
The last thing stores need are more people lining up on Black Friday and dealing with that craze at the same time. Do you want to wait in a giant line then the huge checkout line to pick up and Amiibo or two?

They don't need a special shopping day to sell them, they are better off getting them in and selling them on an inconsequential day since they are going to sell anyways (and people might pick up some other stuff while they are there). TRU has been doing it like this a while, the past two weekends (and next) they have given Amiibo and Skylanders fans a good reason to be at the store on opening. If you are a Black Friday shopper AND fans of those franchises, they have given you reason to come to the store and shop on four times in five weeks on top of the day the reprints came in. That's good business, foot traffic generates sales.

The last thing stores need are more people lining up on Black Friday and dealing with that craze at the same time. Do you want to wait in a giant line then the huge checkout line to pick up and Amiibo or two?

They don't need a special shopping day to sell them, they are better off getting them in and selling them on an inconsequential day since they are going to sell anyways (and people might pick up some other stuff while they are there). TRU has been doing it like this a while, the past two weekends (and next) they have given Amiibo and Skylanders fans a good reason to be at the store on opening. If you are a Black Friday shopper AND fans of those franchises, they have given you reason to come to the store and shop on four times in five weeks on top of the day the reprints came in. That's good business, foot traffic generates sales.
it does not matter, the more people in store during black friday, the more they will sell. A lot of people would pick up a game, a bluray or anything just ebcause they were in store for something else. I end up buying more stuff than I need when I go in stor.e

I'm talking about what's best for Nintendo, not collectors. I think Nintendo killed the amiibo craze with the massive re-stock. Best Buy's racks of Marths (and others) bear this out...

I think Nintendo killed the amiibo craze with the massive re-stock. Best Buy's racks of Marths (and others) bear this out...
And this is a bad thing? I'm perfectly fine with finally having easy access to the various products that I want to collect. Having a sharply restricted supply is not good for me, as a collector. The only people that actually benefits are re-sellers. If Nintendo has finally managed to catch up with the demand, more power to them.

And this is a bad thing? I'm perfectly fine with finally having easy access to the various products that I want to collect. Having a sharply restricted supply is not good for me, as a collector. The only people that actually benefits are re-sellers. If Nintendo has finally managed to catch up with the demand, more power to them.
I think it's great. Now the fans can get the ones they want (for the most part) without much of the craziness, and it destroys a good bit of the overpriced second hand market that has plagued Amiibos. Trading/helping people out is one thing, but when your only reason to even be in the Amiibo market is to shave profit off the top of fans that's something we can do without.

Walked into Toys R Us to see a folding table covered with what looked like 75 to 100 villagers, and then saw another 25 or so behind glass further into the videogame section.

Nobody should have difficulty getting on this go-round unless you live in a rather scalper-heavy area.

Also saw a bunch of the Mii 3-Packs, which I'll likely pick up later in the week.

Target ad is up and its sad that nintendo didnt have deals for amiibos! They should have made a killing if they put up amiibos for 6.99 or something! Sheesh! Even the wii bundle is underwhelming due to it being pre installed games!

bread's done
Back