amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that direct was as disapointing as it could have been... I never thought nintendo would be trying so hard to push me away, but here I am, reconsidering spending less money on their stuff, and more on stuff like Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider instead...

at least my brother will love Wolf Link, Twilight Pricess was his favorite Zelda so far (the only one he beat before me haha)
It seems like they are just pushing risk-free games until the NX comes out since they already jumped ship off the Wii U. There are some nice JRPG coming out though that little to do with what Nintendo's own projects are up to.
I'm glad someone else gets it. Most Nintendo fans are irrational.

Probably just the bundle only since I don't think you can use the amiibo anywhere else besides Twilight Princess. Maybe in other regions but I don't think it's likely with the U.S. market.

That was as impressive a Nintendo Direct as it could have been, plenty of new games in just the next 6 months. Preordered FE: Fates, Twilight Princess HD, StarFox Zero, Xenoblade X & Dragon Quest so far.

I can live without another Mega Man. I hope they add Tails or Knuckles to Smash so we get corresponding amiibo. I don't want Sonic Boom style.

Shadow Mewtwo. Cloud in Smash. Female Link. Pokemon RedBlueYellow rereleased for 3DS. 

giphy.gif

Gone for 2 days and this happens. Man, I picked a terrible time to adult. Too bad Ninty decided to go the cards direction with Pokken. A Shadow Mewtwo figure would have been irresistible. Missed me again, Nintendo! :p

Good news: I have CAG to thank for my chance to preorder the LoZ: TP HD and FE: FATES Bundles.

Bad news: I somehow managed to totally miss the Mewtwo amiibo preorder window at BB. Both shipping and in-store.

Closest available store pickup is showing Greensville. Or Greensboro. I don't remember. Either way it's ridiculous. 

Should I even bother going to my BB tomorrow morning? Or is it a fair bet that all on-hand Mewtwo amiibo will be reserved now that bestbuy.com allows online preorders of in-store stock again?

I suppose I could use that 20% of coupon at the Cary TRU. But it's TRU. And it's in Cary. 

And I was so looking forward to tomorrow too. :/

Shadow Mewtwo. Cloud in Smash. Female Link. Pokemon RedBlueYellow rereleased for 3DS.

giphy.gif

Gone for 2 days and this happens. Man, I picked a terrible time to adult. Too bad Ninty decided to go the cards direction with Pokken. A Shadow Mewtwo figure would have been irresistible. Missed me again, Nintendo! :p

Good news: I have CAG to thank for my chance to preorder the LoZ: TP HD and FE: FATES Bundles.

Bad news: I somehow managed to totally miss the Mewtwo amiibo preorder window at BB. Both shipping and in-store.

Closest available store pickup is showing Greensville. Or Greensboro. I don't remember. Either way it's ridiculous.

Should I even bother going to my BB tomorrow morning? Or is it a fair bet that all on-hand Mewtwo amiibo will be reserved now that bestbuy.com allows online preorders of in-store stock again?

I suppose I could use that 20% of coupon at the Cary TRU. But it's TRU. And it's in Cary.

And I was so looking forward to tomorrow too. :/
I don't think Mewtwo ever sold out for shipping, I just added it and went all the way the payment so it's in stock now for shipping but not in store.

Here is the Amazon information

Mewtwo: 2:00 p.m. PT
Mabel : 3:00 p.m. PT
Tom Nook: 4:00 p.m. PT
Animal Crossing Series 3-Pack : 5:00 p.m. PT

Waiting for best buy to put MY legacy CE up. I want the game so the bundle is a lock.
Same here with me :) kinda sad they should create new mega man character & turn mega man in gold instead rebuy new character with gold color. You lazy bastard crapcom & nintendo.

Can someone explain this mewtwo card thing to me?
-It's only in the first editions of the game.
-It unlocks Shadow Mewtwo in advance (instead of you unlocking it, by playing).

In other words, it's pretty pointless right now.
I really think it's just an introduction to Pokemon Amiibo cards.

AmiAmi has the Animal Crossing Amiibos up for pre-order, including individual KK Slider (for those, like me, that don't want the 3-pack) and US Target exclusive Lottie:

KK Slider: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014946

Lottie: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014950

AmiAmi also has restocks of Ike, Robin, and Marth:

Ike: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-009099-S002

Robin: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-010312-S002

Marth: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-008578-S002

For AC Amiibo, I think I'm just going for Vilager (TRU), KK Slider (AmiAmi), Nook (BB), and Blathers (next year). Would also get Isabelle if I didn't already have her Nendoroid.

Only 3 people in line at Target. They open in 10 minutes and have 40-50 of each Amiibo out today, minus the AC game bundle. Only 10 of those.

I'm at target and they don't have it on the peg. Talk to one of the employee and they just brought it to us. Limit to 1 per customer.

I don't think Mewtwo ever sold out for shipping, I just added it and went all the way the payment so it's in stock now for shipping but not in store.
Thanks for the response.

There was no option to ship to home for my district when I logged on last night. Only in-store pick-up was available, but nowhere within 100 miles. Too bad I missed Deader's post. And now the add to cart option is bright yellow yet unresponsive. Psssh.

Oh well, I'm waiting now. The worst that can happen is I bag just a Green Woolly Yoshi as a conciliation prize. Here's hoping they got restocks on Pink and Blue too.

Thanks for the response.

There was no option to ship to home for my district when I logged on last night. Only in-store pick-up was available, but nowhere within 100 miles. Too bad I missed Deader's post. And now the add to cart option is bright yellow yet unresponsive. Psssh.

Oh well, I'm waiting now. The worst that can happen is I bag just a Green Woolly Yoshi as a conciliation prize. Here's hoping they got restocks on Pink and Blue too.
Mewtwo was pretty much available for store pickup only through last night at least. I was hoping to get him for shipping for that GCU discount so I was watching the page quite frequently.

Mewtwo was pretty much available for store pickup only through last night at least. I was hoping to get him for shipping for that GCU discount so I was watching the page quite frequently.
Yeah, I know it's my fault for not paying attention. I'm praying if they don't have some today, that BB will get another shipment soon.

Ain't no one here at BB. It's so nice to be able to wait in the car until the store opens. Unless some idiot starts the line. Too cold for that nonsense.

Edit: Goddamit jinxed myself...oh well lol

Grabbed all AC Amiibo along with the game bundle. Passed on Mewtwo since I'm not a fan of either Pokemon or SSB. Although I'm thinking I should have grabbed him for trading purposes.

Ain't no one here at BB. It's so nice to be able to wait in the car until the store opens. Unless some idiot starts the line. Too cold for that nonsense.

Edit: Goddamit jinxed myself...oh well lol
Sorry for starting the the line.

So no instore pickup means none at all when they open or there are some that can't be picked to be sold to walk ins?

Wolf Link will be separate too.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/664946129436549120
Hopefully that's the case, but this *could* just be the packaging of the amiibo within the game's packaging. MP10 and Wooly World both came with complete, packaged amiibo (but yes, both came out separately later). Chibi-robo comes in a cute half package thing in the US I had a hard time opening it.

Then of course I believe the amiibo Festival ones have no shelf packaging, just sitting in a plastic shell.

It's okay, I forgive you.

I'm hoping that's not the case, but I'm waiting here anyway. If they have nothing, I'll just go somewhere else.
I was never able to secure an order with Best Buy, but I stopped at Target this morning and they had a ton of everything except the amiibo festival game itself..... then again I didn't check the games case so maybe most of the copies of the game were there.

If that stock was any indication though I think you'll be fine. They had a cart full of Mewtwo, and another full of AC amiibo. They limited 1 per person so I'm hoping Best Buy still has Mewtwo this afternoon so I can get one for a friend lol.

That shit better come back in stock or I'll pass on the games completely. I'd rather not play them at all than play incomplete versions just because Nintendo wants to play their bullshit artificial scarcity game.

They seemed to be doing better with bundles like this since the Majora's Mask fiasco, so hopefully these will come back in stock before release.

Last edited:
Only Mewtwo amiibo available at BB were reserved for pickup. No Green Woolly Yoshi in sight.

I just swung by GS in that same shopping center and used a little credit to get both. GS had 6 Mewtwo and 6 Green Woolly Yoshi left at 10:15 this morning. 

I can't decide if I want to return my Woolly World bundle. It's just too adorable!

I was never able to secure an order with Best Buy, but I stopped at Target this morning and they had a ton of everything except the amiibo festival game itself..... then again I didn't check the games case so maybe most of the copies of the game were there.

If that stock was any indication though I think you'll be fine. They had a cart full of Mewtwo, and another full of AC amiibo. They limited 1 per person so I'm hoping Best Buy still has Mewtwo this afternoon so I can get one for a friend lol.

That shit better come back in stock or I'll pass on the games completely. I'd rather not play them at all than play incomplete versions just because Nintendo wants to play their bullshit artificial scarcity game.

They seemed to be doing better with bundles like this since the Majora's Mask fiasco, so hopefully these will come back in stock before release.
They had a great animal crossing stock for none-pre-orders, but only 5 or 6 Mewtwo and Woolly Yoshi (which were all bought up at opening). Good luck to you though. It'll be on amazon today, so you can always order it if you miss out.

And I too will not be buying those games if the bundle doesn't pop back up. I wanted to buy it, and had the opportunity, but my money is far too tied up with the holidays coming up (and of course, all the amiibo releases). Hopefully it'll re-stock.

I went to 2 Targets this morning for needed shopping, including at opening for one of them and I saw no one in line to buy amiibo and no one buying them in store.  In fact both Targets didn't even have them out yet (guess they were at the Electronics counter).  I didn't get any since I reserved what I wanted from Best Buy.  Still it was kind of surreal seeing no one wanting the new amiibo after the hype train of the past 6 months.

Walk in to Toys R Us, get everything that came out today, on sale, and pick up a $5 Mickey Mouse plush to add to my stack of Christmas gifts because I spent more than $50.  (Seriously, my Christmas list is 25-30 people deep, so every extra deal is appreciated.)

Trivial and hassle free. Just how I like my amiibo shopping.

They had a great animal crossing stock for none-pre-orders, but only 5 or 6 Mewtwo and Woolly Yoshi (which were all bought up at opening). Good luck to you though. It'll be on amazon today, so you can always order it if you miss out.

And I too will not be buying those games if the bundle doesn't pop back up. I wanted to buy it, and had the opportunity, but my money is far too tied up with the holidays coming up (and of course, all the amiibo releases). Hopefully it'll re-stock.
I just said the hell with it and went by Best Buy anyways. It's an extra trip but everyone makes it sound like the stock is super low.

Sounds like the stock was just like your store. They had like have half dozen Mewtwo's when I got there around 11. Not the cart-ful Target had but I was able to grab one nonetheless. Tons more of the green yarn yoshi and AC amiibos, and a small mountain of what used to be unicorns. Still can't believe we ever saw this day where Marth and Charizard are more common than Mario, Link, and Pikachu lol.

If I remember I'll swing by while I'm up there this afternoon and see if they have any left. I don't know if this bodes well for future DLC amiibos, but if I'm being perfectly honest Mewtwo is the only DLC character I've even remotely enjoyed. I don't even know who this new FF guy we're getting is, all I know is he's like the poster boy for Playstation lol.

I had to look him up when he was announced, I see his name is Cloud? I knew FF was popular, but surprised to see him being added over an established character like Wolf/Squirtle/Ivysaur and over characters like Ridley and K. Rool.

Last edited:
Mewtwo came from Best Buy boxed and padded, package is pristine.  They apparently have some new boxes for these, because they fit unlike some previous orders.  I hope they have learned now.

AmiAmi has the Animal Crossing Amiibos up for pre-order, including individual KK Slider (for those, like me, that don't want the 3-pack) and US Target exclusive Lottie:

KK Slider: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014946

Lottie: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014950

AmiAmi also has restocks of Ike, Robin, and Marth:

Ike: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-009099-S002

Robin: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-010312-S002

Marth: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-008578-S002

For AC Amiibo, I think I'm just going for Vilager (TRU), KK Slider (AmiAmi), Nook (BB), and Blathers (next year). Would also get Isabelle if I didn't already have her Nendoroid.
Thanks man! Bought KK! Now I just need Japanese R.O.B.

bread's done
Back