amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why, Best Buy, why?

[attachment=18335:spidertrapmania.jpg]

This one in particular tends to get a little carried away with spider wrapping things, but seriously?

Probably. Villager did. Gold Mario would be the only one that really hasn't been.
The Fire Emblem characters (Marth aside) haven't gotten a true restock yet. I'd argue that WFT, DDD and Pit haven't yet either.

A couple figures being sent to the busiest stores hardly counts, not if we are comparing to the Villager restock TRU had.

Last edited:
The Fire Emblem characters (Marth aside) haven't gotten a true restock yet. I'd argue that WFT, DDD and Pit haven't yet either.

A couple figures being sent to the busiest stores hardly counts, not if we are comparing to the Villager restock TRU had.
Pit had a brief restock, but yeah they're def holding out for fates, I feel.
Pit must have had a good restock. Ebay prices are fairly low right now. I think I saw a mint NiB Pit for $25 buy it now the other day. Still too high for me, and it does suck to wade through pages of Dark Pit to find one lol. WFT and KD3 are still fairly high though.

Have Ike and Dedede seen a significant restock? 

I already have them, but noticed I haven't really seen them come back around since release. The big ones everyone are waiting on are obviously Robin and Lucina, but it seems like Ike may be a sleeper. 

Pit must have had a good restock. Ebay prices are fairly low right now. I think I saw a mint NiB Pit for $25 buy it now the other day. Still too high for me, and it does suck to wade through pages of Dark Pit to find one lol. WFT and KD3 are still fairly high though.
I was able to snag a Pit of Gamestop one day when they were in stock on the website for like an hour, but otherwise I've never even seen a Pit. Not online (aside from maybe an Amazon flicker once or twice) and certainly never seen another in person. I feel like I put in a bit more effort than the common collector and the only reason I got mine was dumb luck, so whereas I can't even count how many Marth/Shulk/Dark Pit/ect I've seen lately. None of that means much in the grand scheme of things I know, but I've never seen a Pit restock even remotely like the Villager restock, let alone the truely big ones like Marth/Shulk/Dark Pit/ect.

Besides, I don't know if ebay/Amazon/ect prices are a particularly good indicator of rarity anymore. I mean hell I just bought Ike + Robin for under $30 NiB (including shipping) and they are about as rare as it gets. Shit, the Japanese versions of both are still up on Amazon for around $15 each. I guess the point is, as the collectors get their hands on these, even the "rare" ones will drop in price since demand will plummet.

Assuming they are delivered without incident, I'll have the full set besides Lucina. I still can't believe it lol. Here's hoping the FE's get a reprint with Fates.

I already have them, but noticed I haven't really seen them come back around since release. The big ones everyone are waiting on are obviously Robin and Lucina, but it seems like Ike may be a sleeper.
I don't think Ike has, but if you don't have to have an NA one it's $15 on Amazon right now. That's the most I'd be willing to pay, but considering that Wal-Mart and TRU have been known to mark-up amiibo prices before I guess it's a fair deal.

King DDD got a restock at Gamestop the same time Ness did, but they were gone within a day or two. They were on the website too, but that didn't last long either. It wasn't anything like the recent restocks but it was something.

Last edited:

Dedede and Ike both had minor restocks (like, available for awhile from gamestop.com some time a few months after launch). Ike is coming back to Gamestop, it's in their Black Friday ad.

Dedede and Ike both had minor restocks (like, available for awhile from gamestop.com some time a few months after launch). Ike is coming back to Gamestop, it's in their Black Friday ad.
Shit, I've put more effort into Amiibo than I should have, but even I'm not about to deal with black Friday nonsense for amiibo. Nintendo and Wal-Mart can go to hell for that Modern Mario nonsense.

A teeny tiny Ike restock happened during GameStop's Marth restock (at the beginning of summer I think.) It was limited to 1 to 2 Ike amiibo per store in my area, and it was originally intended to fulfill old preorders. But GS sold those Ike after a week of waiting for pickup.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Black Friday GameStop ad shows an Ike restock.

GS shortly after received a restock of KD3 and Ness. In my area, it was around 3-4 KD3 and 9-12 Ness. Then there were rumors of KD3 restocks at TRU, but we never ever saw any of those here. If I remember correctly, most of the KD3 restock was confined to a TRU in one state only, can't remember which though.

Found a modern 8 bit Mario at a Walmart in Nashville today. Card was pretty bent, and was the only one on the pegs, but I was still excited to find one early. Until I got to the register and it was blocked from sale. Oh well, was fun for a minute to have it!
I assume you hid him somewhere that no one will likely find him before you return on BF.

Besides, I don't know if ebay/Amazon/ect prices are a particularly good indicator of rarity anymore. I mean hell I just bought Ike + Robin for under $30 NiB (including shipping) and they are about as rare as it gets. Shit, the Japanese versions of both are still up on Amazon for around $15 each. I guess the point is, as the collectors get their hands on these, even the "rare" ones will drop in price since demand will plummet.
That's very true. Inflated third party market prices don't exactly indicate rarity. I was just saying the current price isn't bad if you've got to have a Pit right now.

Demand is definitely affected by more than rarity. I went a long time without an Ike, because I wasn't as interested in him as a character. Still, I don't remember Ike ever being prohibitively expensive for me, unlike Marth, Lucina, and Robin.

I've noticed that Ike, Palutena, and Dark Pit haven't done as well as similar characters such as Lucina, Robin, Pit--even accounting for spikes and plummets in demand before, during, and after release.

Numerous factors determine the going third party market rate, but I'm thinking popularity is a major factor in the discrepancy between Ike and Robin/Lucina and between Pit and Palutena/Dark Pit. But there's the Age of the Amiibo Craze to consider too, which drove up ebay prices senselessly. I can't even.

Got a shipping confirmation from Bestbuy for my Falco. I'm an elite member and I open mine, so I'm not too worried about packaging.

That's very true. Inflated third party market prices don't exactly indicate rarity. I was just saying the current price isn't bad if you've got to have a Pit right now.

Demand is definitely affected by more than rarity. I went a long time without an Ike, because I wasn't as interested in him as a character. Still, I don't remember Ike ever being prohibitively expensive for me, unlike Marth, Lucina, and Robin.

I've noticed that Ike, Palutena, and Dark Pit haven't done as well as similar characters such as Lucina, Robin, Pit--even accounting for spikes and plummets in demand before, during, and after release.

Numerous factors determine the going third party market rate, but I'm thinking popularity is a major factor in the discrepancy between Ike and Robin/Lucina and between Pit and Palutena/Dark Pit. But there's the Age of the Amiibo Craze to consider too, which drove up ebay prices senselessly. I can't even.
Yeah those are all good points. Honestly I couldn't give a damn about Ike, and I didn't have any great love for ROB or Ness either. I just bought those for the sake of having a complete collection (and cause ROB was forced upon me by that 3 pack lol). Ike certainly doesn't stand out like most of the others do though.

Maybe I'm biased though, I never was able to play the GC/Wii Fire Emblems so I can't appreciate Ike the way I do virtually every other character in the main roster.

Last edited:
Got a shipping confirmation from Bestbuy for my Falco. I'm an elite member and I open mine, so I'm not too worried about packaging.
So that's why my Mewtro arrived late - because of you elite bastards. Mine was packed right and sustained no damage, but the package was flawed anyway, so back it went.

I agree that's a bit ridiculous but you wouldn't believe the amount of shit that gets stolen from some Best Buys.
Are investing in a few glass cases or those little black chain link cages they keep the consoles in at my local store really out of the question?

Last edited:
Are investing in a few glass cases or those little black chain link cages they keep the consoles in at my local store really out of the question?
Yeah they obviously should have just put it in a clear security case. Wrapping up a product like that is pretty dumb since you wouldn't even need a knife to get the amiibos out if you really wanted to.

Got email notice of falco being shipped

Also back when mewtwo was available for order but shipping was being charged. I went ahead and ordered one anyway and called in to get the shipping charges credited back. Well that did that with no issues and that was the day that mewtwo went up.Well today i get an email saying there was an error on the order and that i was being refunded for the shipping charges.I checked my bestbuy account and got credited back for shipping twice.

Hi guys. Please forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but Ike is $15.13 on Amazon right now with free shipping for prime members. Its the JP version, so for collectors that are looking to complete a US set, this may be a no go. I just ordered one for my opened collection.

Decided to pass on the Mega Yarn Yoshi on Sunday as I had more important things to do that day -- figures he'd sell like hot cakes.  Now I'm back to missing one!

It's possible they just really didn't like Festival.
Lolwat. Sounds like they must have been punishing their kids or something. Those things arent even a week old.

Holy cow! No way that guy was in his right mind. Congrats on your haul!

Haha, I hadn't even considered that possibility. That's probably it. Gosh, those trade-in values gotta be low with the sale going on.

Guy worked at Target, They get them for free and he had no interest in them. Saw a few more at another gamestop I went to this afternoon to trade in the extras. They are giving $6 for the animal crossing amiibos. I paid less than what that guy got in trade in for all of them.

Saw the 8 Bit Mario Classic Color on the shelf today at Target. They had 4

[attachment=18361:8 bit mario amiibo.jpg]

Strolled into TRU late Weds evening and picked up Villager.  That's the first time I've ever seen that as anything other than an empty peg.   Unfortunately I couldn't think of a second to buy for the 2 for $22 deal.  I pretty much had all the rest except for maybe Pac-Man.  So I just bought a second Villager instead.  I saw the signs that limited Mega Yoshi's (and some of the other ones they still had there like Tom Nook) to one per person but of course didn't see one anywhere.

And man are the Skylanders overwhelming now.  I think both DI and Skylanders have really oversaturated the market.  The only thing I'm buying now are Amiibos just because they are Nintendo.  We're not even really using the figures.  I was going to get Amiibo Festival but the reviews are horrendous so I'll wait for a super-cheap deal.  It is really too bad they couldn't have made a good game out of it.  Hopefully a real Animal Crossing game comes out soon and they make good use of the Amiibos.

I also had to venture into Walmart (shudder) to return the online order that I had forgotten I put in a few months back for the AC triple-pack.  I ended up getting one from Best Buy with GCU so I got my $35 back on the Walmart one.  Walmart's Amiibo section was pathetic.  I can't believe Nintendo gives them exclusives.  They had about 10 Amiibo's locked in the case with the games and they were all the super-commons.  Even their Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and DI sections were pathetically small.  Target, Best Buy, TRU, and even Fred Meyer (a Pacific NW grocery chain with an Electronics section) has much more comprehensive "Toys To Life" sections.  Walmart doesn't deserve exclusives for those crappy displays.

And man are the Skylanders overwhelming now. I think both DI and Skylanders have really oversaturated the market. The only thing I'm buying now are Amiibos just because they are Nintendo. We're not even really using the figures. I was going to get Amiibo Festival but the reviews are horrendous so I'll wait for a super-cheap deal. It is really too bad they couldn't have made a good game out of it. Hopefully a real Animal Crossing game comes out soon and they make good use of the Amiibos.
Yes they are. Geeze I'm glad I gave up on skylanders. I only have the Original DI and I'm happy with that. I'd love the 3.0 for star wars but I can wait until its dirt cheap.

I dont think Amiibo Festival is horrible but they could have done so much more with it. I picked it up since I got it for under $35 by stacking it with Target Registry Coupon, B2g1 free Wishlist coupon and $10 off 100. I figure $15 for the game isn't horrible. If they were available I wold have bought the Amiibos included for $10 each so $35 for everything not to shabby. I have to have all the Animal Crossing Amiibos =D

Strolled into TRU late Weds evening and picked up Villager. That's the first time I've ever seen that as anything other than an empty peg. Unfortunately I couldn't think of a second to buy for the 2 for $22 deal. I pretty much had all the rest except for maybe Pac-Man. So I just bought a second Villager instead. I saw the signs that limited Mega Yoshi's (and some of the other ones they still had there like Tom Nook) to one per person but of course didn't see one anywhere.
You could've used TRU's 20% off one regular priced item. That's what I did since I didn't want a second amiibo.

Falco Nov 20th - Check

Lottie Nov 22nd - Check

Modern 8 bit Mario - Black Friday - Hell no I'd rather pay the premium online for the US version than go to Wal-mart on Black Friday....

Shovel Knight Dec 18th

Lucus - Jan 22nd

Resetti - Jan 22nd

Blathers - Jan 22nd

Celeste - Jan 22nd

Kicks - Jan 22nd

Gold Mega Man Feb 23rd

Wolf link - Mar 4th

Shadow Mewtwo - Spring 16

Timmy & Tommy - TBD

Kapp'n - TBD

Rover - TBD

Roy - TBD

Ryu - TBD

Cloud - TBD

Fanticom ROB - TBD

Falco Nov 20th - Check

Lottie Nov 22nd - Check

Modern 8 bit Mario - Black Friday - Hell no I'd rather pay the premium online for the US version than go to Wal-mart on Black Friday....

Shovel Knight Dec 18th

Lucus - Jan 22nd

Gold Mega Man Feb 23rd

Roy - TBD

Ryu - TBD
Walmart is open most the day thanksgiving, you could go in early get near the area they would be, wait around abit or go shopping for normal grap, get there 5 min to black friday time and get yours and leave. I got a bluray player like this 2yrs ago, i went in like 20min to start time, found out where it was, when it was time to go, grapped bluray and was out the store 5min later as the lines were short as ppl were still looking for other stuff.

Or you could pay a tad extra and order one online, avoid all this and spend your thanksgiving doing other stuff :) Hopefully these will pop up online during the Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend.

I'll be going to best buy for some games first and then maybe Walmart/target if I feel like it. Im hoping some these deals pop up online and I can avoid it all :)

Black Friday has been a waste of time for me almost every year. I usually find better deals just tripping over them a couple weeks later. And that applies not only to games and consoles but also to apparel, hardware/tools, and bedding.

Still, I can't stop myself from looking at Black Friday ads or visiting just to see what they have. I'll probably go out again this year too lol. Getting one will likely be ridiculous since it is Walmart and Black Friday, but if I'm already there anyway, I'll try to get a Modern Mario. 

Edit: Can I just say that Mewtwo is my favorite amiibo ever? Because he is. By a wide margin. His pose is perfect, they got his "fingers" and tail just right, and (maybe it's just my figure) but the paint job is spot-on. My only nitpicking complaint is the decal eyes, but even that doesn't really bother me.

I want to do a Mewtwo custom, but I can't think of any good ideas. Other than his armor from the First Movie which would be awesome! Buuut that would require moldy, and I suck at it.

Falco Nov 20th - Check

Lottie Nov 22nd - Check

Shovel Knight Dec 18th

Lucus - Jan 22nd

Resetti - Jan 22nd

Blathers - Jan 22nd

Celeste - Jan 22nd

Kicks - Jan 22nd

Gold Mega Man Feb 23rd

Wolf link - Mar 4th

Shadow Mewtwo - Spring 16

Timmy & Tommy - TBD

Kapp'n - TBD

Rover - TBD

Roy - TBD

Ryu - TBD

Cloud - TBD

Fanticom ROB - TBD
Jesus... I thought it was almost over...

Got this message in my inbox this morning:

Dear Josh,

Thank you for your interest in ordering the new amiibo figures from Amazon.com! Quantities of the new character will be limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have availability information. The individual character from the latest wave will be available for purchase Thursday, November 19, at this time.

Chibi-Robo amiibo - Amazon Exclusive: 2:00 p.m. PT

Purchases are limited to 2 per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be enabled for these items. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We have ample quantities of the amiibo, but do expect to sell out. Please act quickly Thursday afternoon for your best chance at buying the character you want. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long.

Thank you for shopping with us.

~Amazon.com Video Games

The ride is over though

Animal crossing amiibos are just meh , no need for them for random characters , I like K.K though
Exactly. I have no problem skipping the amiibos like that (SSB series, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, ect).

Unless they make some really killer Zelda/Metroid ones then I am done with any sets after SSB. I still may buy an individual here or there like the TP Wolf Link/Midna, but I'm not starting the nightmare again with any franchised collections unless they are really, really good.

The amiibo addiction is strong. I'm trying to kick it
Eh, think of it like I do. I've learned my lesson from the first half of this collection. Nintendo can go back into artificial scarcity mode at any time, and I'm not going to subject myself to that again. After SSB I'm done.

bread's done
Back