amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this message in my inbox this morning:

Dear Josh,

Thank you for your interest in ordering the new amiibo figures from Amazon.com! Quantities of the new character will be limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have availability information. The individual character from the latest wave will be available for purchase Thursday, November 19, at this time.

Chibi-Robo amiibo - Amazon Exclusive: 2:00 p.m. PT

Purchases are limited to 2 per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be enabled for these items. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We have ample quantities of the amiibo, but do expect to sell out. Please act quickly Thursday afternoon for your best chance at buying the character you want. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long.

Thank you for shopping with us.

~Amazon.com Video Games
I too got this email this morning. I think I'm pretty much done with amiibo though since I just don't have a spot to display anymore of them properly.

Which type of packing do these Amiibo come in? U.S. Or something else? Never bought from this site before.
JP packing. This is a Japan import site. They are a reliable company, but you won't know the exact shipping cost until after you order (there is a weight-based guide on the site for shipping cost estimates). The good news is that they ship directly to the US, so you won't need a forwarding service like Tenso.

Inside my TRU. Has about 12 Mii 3 packs, some Captain Falcon, Fox, Lucario and Greninja. Splatoon 3 packs. Like 30 villagers. Some ZSS. Bowser, Bowser Jr. Jesus. I'm surprised it has so many! But no Toon Link :/. That's who I wanted

Last edited:
Inside my TRU. Has about 12 Mii 3 packs, some Captain Falcon, Fox, Lucario and Greninja. Splatoon 3 packs. Like 30 villagers. Some ZSS. Bowser, Bowser Jr. Jesus. I'm surprised it has so many! But no Toon Link :/. That's who I wanted
oh wow they have the Jesus amiibo?

I hear it's going to be quite popular this Christmas.

My Best buy had plenty of:

Marth, Fox,Green Woolly Yoshi,Tom Nook,Amiibo Festival bundle,Dark Pit,Pacman,Zero Suit Samus,Mabel,Link,Zelda,Toad,Mario, AC three pack,Chibi Robo Bundle, and Warp Pipe stand

There's no reason to think that there won't be stand alone's of Digby and Isabelle because every other bundle has had the previously packaged amiibo available as a standalone. Mario in Mario Party bundle, Chibi Robo, Green Woolly Yoshi, 8 bit modern Mario all come to mind. First Nintendo creates them as a bundle to get copies of the game sold and then they release them as stand alones to increase sales.

JP packing. This is a Japan import site. They are a reliable company, but you won't know the exact shipping cost until after you order (there is a weight-based guide on the site for shipping cost estimates). The good news is that they ship directly to the US, so you won't need a forwarding service like Tenso.
You can actually get a shipping quote, you just need to email them first with the item name and number.

There's no reason to think that there won't be stand alone's of Digby and Isabelle...
Hasn't it already been confirmed that Digby is exclusive to the bundle and only for a limited time? After that, he will no longer be available either in the bundle or individually. After the limited run, only Isabelle will be in the bundle and will also be released as a standalone.

My Best buy had plenty of:

Marth, Fox,Green Woolly Yoshi,Tom Nook,Amiibo Festival bundle,Dark Pit,Pacman,Zero Suit Samus,Mabel,Link,Zelda,Toad,Mario, AC three pack,Chibi Robo Bundle, and Warp Pipe stand

There's no reason to think that there won't be stand alone's of Digby and Isabelle because every other bundle has had the previously packaged amiibo available as a standalone. Mario in Mario Party bundle, Chibi Robo, Green Woolly Yoshi, 8 bit modern Mario all come to mind. First Nintendo creates them as a bundle to get copies of the game sold and then they release them as stand alones to increase sales.
Yes, but you also have to realize Nintendo hasn't released a game that absolutely, unequivocally requires amiibo before. This one does. For that reason alone, I can't see Nintendo ever selling it without an amiibo; otherwise you'll get a bunch of clueless moms and casuals buying a "game" they can't play.

Whether that means Nintendo will go back on what's been said and release these as standalone amiibo..... I have no idea. But I can't imagine them selling the game without the amiibo bundled.

Last edited:
Hasn't it already been confirmed that Digby is exclusive to the bundle and only for a limited time? After that, he will no longer be available either in the bundle or individually. After the limited run, only Isabelle will be in the bundle and will also be released as a standalone.
Take that for a grain of salt. They also "confirmed" that there would never be any more Marth, Villager, or WFT produced.

By all means, buy the bundle if you think it will no longer be available with digby, but I think it will.  I also think mega man gold and wolf link will be available as stand alone amiibo as well.

Is the Chibi Robo amiibo (Amazon exclusive) the same one as the amiibo in the 3ds game bundle?
The amiibo itself is the same, but the packaging is different. The one in the game bundle is a half package thing so that it fits in the box. Amazon will have regular packaging like the JPN version.

So did it sell out instantly or did Amazon lie?  I would really like to nail this down so I can return my Zip-Lash bundle to Best Buy - I'm pushing up against the 45-day return policy!

I did notice that the Japanese version was $12.96 with Prime shipping so maybe I'll just get that.

Wow you're moody and/or cynical. Just because it wasn't up EXACTLY at 5 doesn't mean either of those are true. Palutena went up a few minutes late you'll remember
No I don't remember because I didn't even know that was a thing.

And sorry but I'm used to Amazon lightning deals that strike exactly at the time specified and sell out before I can even click the button so I think my cynicism is entirely justified. I don't have all fuck ing day to sit here and refresh my browser. It is 2pm and I have work to do.

This is what Amazon sent me:

Chibi-Robo amiibo - Amazon Exclusive: 2:00 p.m. PT

Purchases are limited to 2 per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be enabled for these items. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We have ample quantities of the amiibo, but do expect to sell out. Please act quickly Thursday afternoon for your best chance at buying the character you want. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long.
It isn't unreasonable to expect that to be up at, you know, 2pm, given that they stress the need for one-click ordering to be sure you can get it before it sells out!

I'm actually still seeing it available via the search page now (unlike when it first came up).  Maybe they are rolling them out in bunches.

The Japanese version price went up a bit too (from $12.96 to $20) - some people probably bought that one thinking it was the Amazon U.S. one or maybe just because it was available to ship now.  Since this is just going on my desk (opened) I should have just gotten that before they even put the new one up.

I have a second one in my cart but I'm not sure what the point would be.  I see so many of the zip-lash bundles in stores.  I'm sure those will get dirt cheap sooner or later.

They didn't combine mine. I have 2 diff order numbers.
When I go to my orders there are what looks like two seperate orders, but under the same order number and the invoice was combined. Is this just how amazon does it? I'll be honest, I hardly ever use this site...

Has Amazon ever restocked Palutena?  That one is really expensive on the secondary market even for the Japanese version.

bread's done
Back