amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never understood the saying, like pots and kettles can be multiple range of colors, wouldnt like "grass calling the tree green" make more sense?

There are a lot of those sayings that are confusing, like there is one about making a mountain out of a mole hill, like isnt that all based on perspective? Like it would be a mountain to ants and like giants see mountains as like hills.

The giant in jack in the beanstalk did he have parents or like a family? Did he have a cat because he always seemed like a cat giant to me.

Arent lions like giant cats, I know they call them big cats but like in the animal kingdom are they like equivalent to giants to other cats?

I wonder if the animal kingdom is really a monoarchy, we just assumed they they have kings and queens, maybe they have a different establishment of goverment?
I'm still waiting for the day I get to see this marvelous "meat wagon" that I'm supposed to try to "talk a hungry dog off of". Where the hell are these meat wagons? Do they have bacon?

meat wagon

noun informal

an ambulance or a hearse

....well, that's morbid.

I was thinking something more like this:

meat-wagon1.jpg

That image is more disgusting than it usually would be after the definition google upturned lol. 

meat wagon

noun informal

an ambulance or a hearse

....well, that's morbid.

I was thinking something more like this:

meat-wagon1.jpg

That image is more disgusting than it usually would be after the definition google upturned lol.
Now that's one hell of a meat wagon. The little Southeast Asian kid standing next to it totally adds to the exotic effect. All it needs now are some hungry dogs standing on it for me to talk to.

I'm sure you guys saw the post about the Skylanders Superchargers starter packs being on sale at Amazon, but just in case I wanted to post about it here: You can get the Bowser Skymiibo for about $15 and Donkey Kong for about $10 after trade in credit right back to Amazon. Seems like more than reasonable prices for them, especially considering eBay.

I'm sure you guys saw the post about the Skylanders Superchargers starter packs being on sale at Amazon, but just in case I wanted to post about it here: You can get the Bowser Skymiibo for about $15 and Donkey Kong for about $10 after trade in credit right back to Amazon. Seems like more than reasonable prices for them, especially considering eBay.
What does Amazon require for trade in? Game only?

[quote name="litepink" post="13080047" timestamp="1449255364"]What does Amazon require for trade in? Game only?[/quote]
Complete and in good condition for max credit. Acceptable credit is usually game only I believe but it might be anything less than complete. I don't really trade stuff on very often. I'm hoping they take it in mint condition with just the Skymiibo missing for the max but it's a minimal difference right now anyway.

In for the 3ds bundle/bowswer amiilander

Thanks for the heads up, saw the sale earlier and didnt even think about it.

still debating the wii u/DK purchase

Picked up the 3DS bundle, I'll wait for the Wii U version to hit $20 or so before I bite, even if that doesn't happen until next BF.

anyone get their amiibos from best buy and gamestop from black friday sales? my best buy order has been ready for pick up by ups for a week now.

[quote name="metrokard" post="13080597" timestamp="1449267446"]anyone get their amiibos from best buy and gamestop from black friday sales? my best buy order has been ready for pick up by ups for a week now.[/quote]
I didn't get amiibo but I did get a game took forever for the ups pickup and actually shipping.

Got into the Amiibo game late.  I'm not collecting all but I have all but two that I want(Little Mac & Rosalina).  So I'm curious, I know there were rumors that LM made a return at BB (never saw him) but has Rosalina ever been rereleased since it came out?

[quote name="Corvin" post="13081572" timestamp="1449322145"]Got into the Amiibo game late. I'm not collecting all but I have all but two that I want(Little Mac & Rosalina). So I'm curious, I know there were rumors that LM made a return at BB (never saw him) but has Rosalina ever been rereleased since it came out?[/quote]

Rosalina reappeared once, seemingly only online at Target. That's when I got mine. I just pegs full of Little Mac at BB a couple days ago.

Got into the Amiibo game late. I'm not collecting all but I have all but two that I want(Little Mac & Rosalina). So I'm curious, I know there were rumors that LM made a return at BB (never saw him) but has Rosalina ever been rereleased since it came out?
Rosalina just made an ultra brief appearance on Target's eBay page a couple of days ago. Best Buy should be crazy with Little Mac, mine has at least 11 just collecting dust.

Rosalina reappeared once, seemingly only online at Target. That's when I got mine. I just pegs full of Little Mac at BB a couple days ago.
She was online for almost an entire day at Target. I took that as meaning she was now a common, so I opened the one I bought. She's my favorite of all the Nintendo characters, and the only one I had any interest in actually using.

I just started getting into amiibo collecting (despite all your warnings not to) and I saw a couple of Dark Pits at Best Buy. Are those kinda on the rarer side?

I originally didn't want to get into it. When Smash came out, I picked up Samus, Kirby, Mario, and Link. Since they we so hard to come by in later prints, I didn't want to chase them down. But when Gamestop had their reprinted releases for black Friday, I jumped on it. I'm hoping these reprints are going to become a more common thing.

I also saw Rosalina on Target's website, but it's currently unavailable. Fingers crossed for a restock there too.

I just started getting into amiibo collecting (despite all your warnings not to) and I saw a couple of Dark Pits at Best Buy. Are those kinda on the rarer side?

I originally didn't want to get into it. When Smash came out, I picked up Samus, Kirby, Mario, and Link. Since they we so hard to come by in later prints, I didn't want to chase them down. But when Gamestop had their reprinted releases for black Friday, I jumped on it. I'm hoping these reprints are going to become a more common thing.

I also saw Rosalina on Target's website, but it's currently unavailable. Fingers crossed for a restock there too.
Here's a rundown on the four classes of Amiibo:

Common - you see tons of them everywhere. Mario, Peach, Pikachu, etc.

Uncommon - They're still on the shelves, but you might have to check several stores to find one. Dark Pit falls into this category.

Unavailable or Rare - Available on shelves at one time, but now are nearly impossible to find. Kirby, DK, and Samus were once Commons, now they are in this category. .

Unicorns - Never even had a chance to buy it because it never made it onto shelves, and/or low print numbers. Lucina and Robin, are the big ones. Not long ago, Marth and Villager were also among these, but Marth is now Common and Villager is Uncommon.

The reprints have wreaked havock on the secondary market, but have made it easier for those collecting amiibos for themselves to complete a collection or get what they want. Overseas, they're all commons, so that route is another option. Shipping usually kills it, but Amazon has begun selling Prime Eligible versions on the U.S. site. They might have different names (Rosetta instead of Rosalina, Reflet instead of Robin), but even Unicorns can often be found through this channel. The packaging is slightly different for each region (NA, Europe and Australia, and Asia), but the figures are identical in all regions.

Basically, No Amiibo is rare now. Repints left and right. Nintendo stocking everywhere. The market demand was driving high and now that the needs are there, They unleashed the supply. 

Even Gold Mario is making a come back. 

Edit: Only HARD Amiibos to really focus on is anything Fire Emblem..New game thats going to use them.. makes it that much harder to get too.

Basically, No Amiibo is rare now. Repints left and right. Nintendo stocking everywhere. The market demand was driving high and now that the needs are there, They unleashed the supply.

Edit: Only HARD Amiibos to really focus on is anything Fire Emblem..New game thats going to use them.. makes it that much harder to get too.
When is gold mario getting a reprint?

Damn I was so busy playing Xenoblade I straight up miss Lucas even though I had my laptop open lol.

Whatever, I'm sure he'll be easy as piss to find

For the most part you're right, though the US market still needs to see reprints of Palutena, Lucina, Robin, King Dedede, Metaknight and a few others.

Thank you for the information, rbenns2 and Mysticales! I appreciate it! It looks like I'm going to have to be patient with some reprints if/when they happen. Plus paying attention to this thread should certainly help.

That sucks :( They're the only ones I'm interested in, exactly because Fire Emblem Fates coming out soon. I got Ike from Gamestop on Black Friday, but were Marth, Lucina or Robin exclusive to some stores?

[quote name="ithebigc" post="13083294" timestamp="1449373956"]That sucks :( They're the only ones I'm interested in, exactly because Fire Emblem Fates coming out soon. I got Ike from Gamestop on Black Friday, but were Marth, Lucina or Robin exclusive to some stores?[/quote]

No, they weren't exclusive. Marth was part of the recent restock at BB. You may be able to still find him out there.

That sucks :( They're the only ones I'm interested in, exactly because Fire Emblem Fates coming out soon. I got Ike from Gamestop on Black Friday, but were Marth, Lucina or Robin exclusive to some stores?
Lucina and Robin will probably get a restock before it comes out...seems to be the trend lately since Villager got restocked around the new AC release.

So I went into a Best Buy on Black Friday evening, well after the hordes of shoppers, to pick up an order, and saw this Marthpocolypse:

[attachment=18686:IMG_6530.JPG]

The two rare FE amiibo (Robin, Lucina) were recently reprinted in JP. I suspect we'll see a massive restock, a la Marth, early next year to coincide with the new game.

The two rare FE amiibo (Robin, Lucina) were recently reprinted in JP. I suspect we'll see a massive restock, a la Marth, early next year to coincide with the new game.
Oh please be the case. The recent restocks have been fantastic for those needing ones they've missed, but these are the only two I still need for a full US set.

In that case, we need a new Kirby game. Dedede and Meta Knight need some love.

What's generally the turn around time from when Jpn gets a rerun vs when said rerun happens in NA? I feel like it's a pretty long gap between Jpn and NA.

Oh well, either case, glad they're finally doing another run. Hope it's a decent sized run.

Ike reprint is exclusive to GS, and they're still out there, as I bought one yesterday, and there were several others on the shelf. Other stores I went to were sold out, though.

What's generally the turn around time from when Jpn gets a rerun vs when said rerun happens in NA? I feel like it's a pretty long gap between Jpn and NA.

Oh well, either case, glad they're finally doing another run. Hope it's a decent sized run.
It's been anywhere from 1-3 months, typically speaking. Which, coincidentally, would line it up with the launch of Fates.

Today is a good day for me. Went to my local Target early today to look around and when I was checking out the amiibo section, I saw two Smash bros Yoshi on the Peg. And the best part was they are $9.99 at the moment. Got both of them, but one of the them got a crease on the top right corner on the cardboard. Other than that, today was a good day. 

Today is a good day for me. Went to my local Target early today to look around and when I was checking out the amiibo section, I saw two Smash bros Yoshi on the Peg. And the best part was they are $9.99 at the moment. Got both of them, but one of the them got a crease on the top right corner on the cardboard. Other than that, today was a good day.
Why both? People still need to buy multiples of things? It's like buying two of every cd I buy, or 2 of every blu-ray, or game. It's just kinda stupid. Let someone else buy one of the two for christs sake.

I've already got 4 Yoshi, and I'm in the market for another. 

Preowned even. But every GS is out near me. In fact, if anyone wants to trade a loose Smash Peach for a loose Smash Yoshi, PM me.

Yoshi is the easiest amiibo to custom paint and was super cheap with plentiful stock for quite awhile. Thus, that lovable lizard was best amiibo to practice on. Plus, who doesn't want a complete rainbow tribe of Yoshi? :p

bread's done
Back