amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already got 4 Yoshi, and I'm in the market for another.

Preowned even. But every GS is out near me. In fact, if anyone wants to trade a loose Smash Peach for a loose Smash Yoshi, PM me.

Yoshi is the easiest amiibo to custom paint and was super cheap with plentiful stock for quite awhile. Thus, that lovable lizard was best amiibo to practice on. Plus, who doesn't want a complete rainbow tribe of Yoshi? :p
My Toys R Us had tons of the smash Yoshi and MP Yoshi and were doing a B1 G1 40% too. Almost the same price as Best Buy with that sale.

My Toys R Us had tons of the smash Yoshi and MP Yoshi and were doing a B1 G1 40% too. Almost the same price as Best Buy with that sale.
Thank you for sharing that tip! I actually bought several from TRU last night. Because I'm sure Smash Yoshi would be the last to ever see a reprint, what with all the variations of Yoshi amiibo out there now. That and some real super bros on craigslist are asking $15 for loose Smash Yoshi lol. Won't risk paying scalper prices to complete the rainbow later. Now I gotta stock up on my Vallejo paints.

Btw, Garner NC Target has 2 Smash Peach and and East Garner NC Target has 1 Smash Peach ($9.99) for those amiibros who still need her.

Why both? People still need to buy multiples of things? It's like buying two of every cd I buy, or 2 of every blu-ray, or game. It's just kinda stupid. Let someone else buy one of the two for christs sake.
I can understand the desire to buy an extra to keep mint-in-box. The amiibo's packaging is actually pretty good, and looks nice on the shelf. It's design also allows you to see the model inside fairly well without removing it from the packaging. So for some of the more intense collectors there is a pretty big draw for acquiring two instead of one. (one for show, one for go)

At the same time, I do understand where you're coming from. With some of the recent re-prints, I've started to move away from picking up extras. They're just piling up at my place and I have no intention of flipping them, so it does seem a little pointless to double up. I'll only look for an extra if its a character that I'm particularly fond of.

At the same time, I do understand where you're coming from. With some of the recent re-prints, I've started to move away from picking up extras. They're just piling up at my place and I have no intention of flipping them, so it does seem a little pointless to double up. I'll only look for an extra if its a character that I'm particularly fond of.
I have two of most of them b/c I wanted to keep 1 unopened and 1 to display/use but I've got a shitton of these things sitting here and kinda regret getting multiples. It was fun at first but these things have gotten way out of hand.

So are the Splatoon 3 packs still rare at all?  Just curious since I saw nearly half a dozen at Best Buy yesterday.

Normally I wouldn't consider touching the damn things but I have some reward certs expiring soon and I can't think of anything better to get with them, so if somebody here who hasn't made a complete ass of themselves wants a set I could probably ship it out to someone in the US for around $30.  But if they aren't rare then I guess the whole idea is moot anyways.

I haven't seen the 3 set since they launched, the quality of the squid and the girl were significantly better than what they had in stock then.  If they weren't just being used to lock Day 1 DLC and if my shelf wasn't already full of amiibos I might have bought a set for myself lol.

Last edited:
So are the Splatoon 3 packs still rare at all? Just curious since I saw nearly half a dozen at Best Buy yesterday.

Normally I wouldn't consider touching the damn things but I have some reward certs expiring soon and I can't think of anything better to get with them, so if somebody here who hasn't made a complete ass of themselves wants a set I could probably ship it out to someone in the US for around $30. But if they aren't rare then I guess the whole idea is moot anyways.

I haven't seen the 3 set since they launched, the quality of the squid and the girl were significantly better than what they had in stock then. If they weren't just being used to lock Day 1 DLC and if my shelf wasn't already full of amiibos I might have bought a set for myself lol.
It isn't rare anymore.

Has anybody else noticed that all of a sudden the SBB 1 wave commons like Mario/Peach/Yoshi/Pikachu have been disappearing from store shelves?

[quote name="thatcaveman" post="13091714" timestamp="1449694675"]Has anybody else noticed that all of a sudden the SBB 1 wave commons like Mario/Peach/Yoshi/Pikachu have been disappearing from store shelves?[/quote]
Gotta make space, only make sense like all things

I'm still holding out hope for Geno from SMRPG. Cloud gives me slightly more hope that it could happen.
Geno was my 2nd pick but I'm holding out hope for Isaac from Golden Sun. Make it happen! (Maybe even multiple characters will be announced since this is the last ND dedicated to Smash.

[quote name="xFatalFlaw" post="13092514" timestamp="1449723517"]Geno was my 2nd pick but I'm holding out hope for Isaac from Golden Sun. Make it happen! (Maybe even multiple characters will be announced since this is the last ND dedicated to Smash.[/quote]
How about just another golden sun I'm general

I have a feeling it's going to be Shovel Knight also. I get why people want him, but he's still too new for me... There's way too many classic Nintendo characters left that I'd want to see that are probably more deserving of a spot.

I feel like there's enough 3rd party representation as it is anyway.

Has anybody else noticed that all of a sudden the SBB 1 wave commons like Mario/Peach/Yoshi/Pikachu have been disappearing from store shelves?
Nope. Aside from Yoshi I've seen those everywhere (Link too, everyone says he's becoming rare now).

Yoshi is only ever sold at TRU anymore but there's a mountain of him there too.

I have a feeling it's going to be Shovel Knight also. I get why people want him, but he's still too new for me... There's way too many classic Nintendo characters left that I'd want to see that are probably more deserving of a spot.

I feel like there's enough 3rd party representation as it is anyway.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind Snake as much (as long as it was David Hayter's Snake), but Shovel Knight? Come on. If every flash in the pan character is suddenly worthy of being in what's essentially a celebration of the history of video games, it really cheapens the whole damn thing IMO.

Especially when Ridley and K. Rool and Kamek and Wolf and god knows how many other iconic villains aren't in yet.

Last edited:
Let's put a real wolf in the mix. It's gotta be Okami Amaterasu. Huge potential for fabulous final smash given her divine form and iconic celestial brush techiques, variety of attacks come naturally for her celestial weapons (sword for down smash, beads for ranged attacks, etc.), and including her is like a celebration of Japan. Plus, it would be nice to have a true quadruped. :p

D'oh, I just saw the tweet from yesterday regarding Kirby on toysrus.com; they are not available at the moment.  Does anyone know if these can be found in-store?  Kirby is one of the three I still need (along with Palutena and original Pit).

Kirby is extremely hard to find in-store now. Even at TRU. Last time I saw him there was back in mid-September.  Given how many months he was a peg-warmer, Kirby is very unlikely to get reprint. Looks like he's going for $30ish on ebay right now if you want to go that route.Or start hoping for a new Kirby game. That might mean reprints all around for Kirby, KD3, and Meta Knight.

Edit: Wait. Did you just say Kirby was previously available for shipping? Haha, that's awesome! If one of you CAGs got in on one, let us know what the print number is on the back. Would be nice if Samus would pop up just one more time too.

Kirby is extremely hard to find in-store now. Even at TRU. Last time I saw him there was back in mid-September. Given how many months he was a peg-warmer, Kirby is very unlikely to get reprint. Looks like he's going for $30ish on ebay right now if you want to go that route.Or start hoping for a new Kirby game. That might mean reprints all around for Kirby, KD3, and Meta Knight.

Edit: Wait. Did you just say Kirby was previously available for shipping? Haha, that's awesome! If one of you CAGs got in on one, let us know what the print number is on the back. Would be nice if Samus would pop up just one more time too.
Yeah, in the same way that Lucina was on Amazon a day or two ago: It lasted no time at all and is scarcely worth mentioning.

I know next to the trilogy Fox was the rarest of Wave 1, but he was still widely available online and he got a reprint, so I wouldn't give up completely on Kirby and Samus. I wouldn't hold my breath either though.... especially since Samus was pretty damn detailed.

Last edited:
Marth? GIve me robin or lucina and i'll give a fuck.
Robin was around $14.50 after shipping for a Japanese import on amazon.com a couple weeks ago. I'd keep an eye on him after the holidays as he'll probably drop that low again.

Likewise, Amazon Warehouse deals had the Japanese ROB for $16. So congrats on those who got in on that.

Lucina is the last one that's been released that I need. I'm sorely tempted just to pay to import her but I haven't paid more than $15 for any of the SSB amiibo yet and I don't wanna start now.

Last edited:
Robin was around $14.50 after shipping for a Japanese import on amazon.com a couple weeks ago. I'd keep an eye on him after the holidays as he'll probably drop that low again.

Likewise, Amazon Warehouse deals had the Japanese ROB for $16. So congrats on those who got in on that.

Lucina is the last one that's been released that I need. I'm sorely tempted just to pay to import her but I haven't paid more than $15 for any of the SSB amiibo yet and I don't wanna start now.
You can import Lucina for $12 shipped from Play Asia with that coupon code.

Aw. I guess that means poor Daisy is never getting into the game.
Stuff from today's video has already been leaked. I was actually going to try to go into this fresh, but spoilers are all over the first page of Destructoid.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:
I know! Why the fuck would you have a picture of the leaked info on the front page
Well whyever they did it, it just cost them a regular visitor. Just as well I guess, the community used to be great but has slowly been devolving into the beta DLC loving, fanboy obsessed, microtransaction supporting shit.

I'm pretty confident that when the new Fire Emblem game releases they will restock some of the older FE amiibo including Lucina and Robin.

bread's done
Back