amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they release a complete edition of Smash with all the dlc.
Wii U DLC to date has totaled $51.66 if you bought them in all in a collection, plus whatever is still to come. Maybe they'd release a Gold Edition of sorts for $99.99? It would provide a substantial savings but might "look" bad still. I really don't see them releasing it for $60 that'd be too crazy. I'm sure we'll see an eShop Bundle of some sorts at least.

Wii U DLC to date has totaled $51.66 if you bought them in all in a collection, plus whatever is still to come. Maybe they'd release a Gold Edition of sorts for $99.99? It would provide a substantial savings but might "look" bad still. I really don't see them releasing it for $60 that'd be too crazy. I'm sure we'll see an eShop Bundle of some sorts at least.
It wouldn't be out of the norm to just charge $60 for all the dlc if we compared to all the game of the years or complete edition of other games on Microsoft and Sony systems.

Some bad news from Nintendo about the Cloud Amiibo:

Producing a proper Amiibo of Cloud that maintains the same feeling of density of the original would result in a volume of awesome that couldn’t possibly fit into one figure.”
It appears they will be selling the amiibo in multiple parts. Still better than none at all at least.

I don't get the enduring love for such a terrible character. 

If they want to do it right, maybe they should pose him curled in the fetal position, considering he ends up that way no less than 3 times during the game's storyline. 

It wouldn't be out of the norm to just charge $60 for all the dlc if we compared to all the game of the years or complete edition of other games on Microsoft and Sony systems.
I'd consider it out of the norm for what's going to amount to probably $70+ of DLC to be included in any definitive edition on consoles for only $60, especially Nintendo. It could happen, and probably has happened, but I wouldn't say that'd be normal.

Corrin announced as a new fighter from Fire Emblem Fates. Can choose it as a male or female version.

With all these fire emblem characters in the game now, I'm hoping they make a combo pack for them. Especially Robin and Lucina since they need a restock badly in NA.

I'm pretty confident that when the new Fire Emblem game releases they will restock some of the older FE amiibo including Lucina and Robin.
Especially since Fates directly uses the Amiibos to unlock content, in this case, making past characters playable in-game.

Bayonetta surprises me - I thought Nintendo is all about being family-friendly, but it looks like the only compromise they made with her is during her hair-clothes attacks, she sheds only her outer garments in Smash, versus her entire clothes (save enough to cover the naughty bits) in the original games.

You do get a Gino Mii costume.
That's more of a slap in the face than anything else... "Hey guys, we're finally admitting this character exists and totally could have made it happen, but we didn't. Here's a Mii costume, though!"

Nobody fucking cares about Mii costumes. You were so close, Nintendo... So very close.

I see some of you are excited about Bayonetta. I want to be happy for you, but I still feel like she's too new(much like I felt about Shovel Knight). Way too many classic Nintendo characters I'd go for first. And don't get me started on yet ANOTHER FE character... Geez, Sakurai.

I also wish they made the female version of Corrin the default, so the resultant Amiibo would be an actual woman, instead of yet another guy that looks like one. Cloud being available right now though . . . methinks my Nintendo points are going to drop by $7 (plus tax where I live).

Any amiibo alert groups going on? The we-chat one seems dead with no alerts in the last month. Looks like both Samus and Kirby popped in toys r us this week and I missed them both.

Under normal circumstances, it would be considered your average Nintendo direct. As the alleged Final Smash direct, this was very disappointing. :(

So very many characters to choose from, and they pick another from FE. Maybe in hopes to build up hype for the new FE game this spring? If not, there's gotta be some rational there even if I can't decipher it.

And while Bayonetta is certainly awesome in her own right (played 1 & 2 back-to-back recently), in my opinion her inclusion doesn't seem to fit the bill as THE clencher DLC character for this Smash finale. So many others deserved to be final additions more than these 2 characters. The roster may always feel (to me) woefully incomplete.

Cant believe ice climbers are really gone, was hopeing they would announce how they got them to work with the "new" 3ds and that they would be available.

Under normal circumstances, it would be considered your average Nintendo direct. As the alleged Final Smash direct, this was very disappointing. :(

So very many characters to choose from, and they pick another from FE. Maybe in hopes to build up hype for the new FE game this spring? If not, there's gotta be some rational there even if I can't decipher it.
And while Bayonetta is certainly awesome in her own right (played 1 & 2 back-to-back recently), in my opinion her inclusion doesn't seem to fit the bill as THE clencher DLC character for this Smash finale. So many others deserved to be final additions more than these 2 characters. The roster may always feel (to me) woefully incomplete.
Yes! I had meant to point that out in my last post... Bayonetta is fine, but doesn't feel like the last big "bomb drop" of a character. With the deep roster (heh) of characters that Nintendo has, it's strange seeing the last character be 3rd party. They should have either added a 3rd, or dropped Corrin and put in another character from the past.

Cant believe ice climbers are really gone, was hopeing they would announce how they got them to work with the "new" 3ds and that they would be available.
I'm less interested in Ice Climbers in Smash than missing out on what would be (for me) an instant buy of an Ice Climbers Amiibo.

I'd also really like a Donkey Kong Jr. Amiibo. I know he has been sort of "forgotten" due to Diddy and the Country games, but that was always my favorite old arcade game. I'd love to see a "classic" series where they used the 8-bit Mario style on the older games characters, then maybe added Amiibo support to the classic VC games or maybe gave you access to the full game somehow in some other way.

Bayonetta and yet another Fire Emblem character..... not my first choices but w/e.

Sucks there won't be anymore though.  Seems like they should keep producing for SSB at least until their next rushed console hits.

Last edited:
I'm less interested in Ice Climbers in Smash than missing out on what would be (for me) an instant buy of an Ice Climbers Amiibo.

I'd also really like a Donkey Kong Jr. Amiibo. I know he has been sort of "forgotten" due to Diddy and the Country games, but that was always my favorite old arcade game. I'd love to see a "classic" series where they used the 8-bit Mario style on the older games characters, then maybe added Amiibo support to the classic VC games or maybe gave you access to the full game somehow in some other way.
If you haven't seen them yet, they do make World of Nintendo 8-bit figures... So far I've seen Mario, Luigi, DK & two Link colorways.

They're neat.

They said in the video, out of all the FF characters, they chose that whiny little man-bitch Cloud over way cooler characters like Aerith, Sephiroth, or Yuffie! However, I bought his DLC last night, and he is awesome! His moves hit pretty hard, though he's also balanced, as he leaves himself open to counterattacks should he fail to connect, and that Limit Break is really powerful, which recharges at a good rate - not so fast as to be abused, but not so slow that it's useless.

As for his stage, I'd have much preferred a "travelling" stage, like the Wuhu Island, Mario Circuit (8) and F-Zero tracks, stopping at key points in Midgar (with cameos from other characters who will never appear in a Smash Brothers game . . . this time at least), but what they have is pretty interesting - a Battlefield-style configuration with Materia that shows up and causes various effects and hazzards to trigger, with the person who grabbed the Materia the one who gets the points for hazzard-related deaths. The effects in the 3DS version are especially cool.

One thing good is that the new Smash Brothers on the new system will probably come out when hype surrounding the FF7 remake is still strong, which will likely lead to the inclusion of several more characters.

So I saw FF VII on sale for like $3 on Steam (via Newegg) after Thanksgiving and grabbed it. How is it? I mean without the nostalgia and rabid "Best game ever" nonsense..... how is it by today's standards? Does Cloud in SSB reference a ton of stuff from that game, or does he feel like a generic swordsman?
They said in the video, out of all the FF characters, they chose that whiny little man-bitch Cloud over way cooler characters like Aerith, Sephiroth, or Yuffie! However, I bought his DLC last night, and he is awesome! His moves hit pretty hard, though he's also balanced, as he leaves himself open to counterattacks should he fail to connect, and that Limit Break is really powerful, which recharges at a good rate - not so fast as to be abused, but not so slow that it's useless.

As for his stage, I'd have much preferred a "travelling" stage, like the Wuhu Island, Mario Circuit (8) and F-Zero tracks, stopping at key points in Midgar (with cameos from other characters who will never appear in a Smash Brothers game . . . this time at least), but what they have is pretty interesting - a Battlefield-style configuration with Materia that shows up and causes various effects and hazzards to trigger, with the person who grabbed the Materia the one who gets the points for hazzard-related deaths. The effects in the 3DS version are especially cool.

One thing good is that the new Smash Brothers on the new system will probably come out when hype surrounding the FF7 remake is still strong, which will likely lead to the inclusion of several more characters.
god, that sounds awful. Ignoring the fact that WiiU is still way too young to be retired, rushing out a new SSB that quick sounds abysmal.

Last edited:
So I saw FF VII on sale for like $3 on Steam (via Newegg) after Thanksgiving and grabbed it. How is it? I mean without the nostalgia and rabid "Best game ever" nonsense..... how is it by today's standards? Does Cloud in SSB reference a ton of stuff from that game, or does he feel like a generic swordsman?
god, that sounds awful. Ignoring the fact that WiiU is still way too young to be retired, rushing out a new SSB that quick sounds abysmal.
FFVII is a very good JRPG. It's not my favoirite but it's definitely one of my all time favorite games and RPGs... The key here is that you have to realize it's a JRPG, not a Western RPG or an MMORPG, so expect a linear game for the most part (there are side quests but you won't play most of them until later into the game). I played it recently and while a lot of older games don't hold up, this one sure does... the graphics are dated (obviously) but the gameplay, story and music are just as good today as they were 18 years ago.

And regarding the Wii U being too young to retire... all signs are pretty much hinting to Nintendo having a new system out within the next year or two. The Wii U took almost 3 years to hit 10 million units sold... the PS4 and X1 hit that number within a year. Add in that fact that Nintendo has no third party support (and even some of their 1st party games simply haven't been up the standard Nintendo levels of quality) and that many devs already have NX kits, I think it's safe to say that they're focus has shifted, no matter no much they publicly deny it.

It'll be hard for me to stay objective since FF VII was my first ever Final Fantasy exposure. Without going into spoilers, I will say Sephiroth made the game in my eyes. It's entirely worth at least the first 40 hours of gameplay just to experience his shenanigans.

FFVII is a very good JRPG. It's not my favoirite but it's definitely one of my all time favorite games and RPGs... The key here is that you have to realize it's a JRPG, not a Western RPG or an MMORPG, so expect a linear game for the most part (there are side quests but you won't play most of them until later into the game). I played it recently and while a lot of older games don't hold up, this one sure does... the graphics are dated (obviously) but the gameplay, story and music are just as good today as they were 18 years ago.

And regarding the Wii U being too young to retire... all signs are pretty much hinting to Nintendo having a new system out within the next year or two. The Wii U took almost 3 years to hit 10 million units sold... the PS4 and X1 hit that number within a year. Add in that fact that Nintendo has no third party support (and even some of their 1st party games simply haven't been up the standard Nintendo levels of quality) and that many devs already have NX kits, I think it's safe to say that they're focus has shifted, no matter no much they publicly deny it.
Thanks, if it holds up that well I think I am going to play it after I finish Donkey Kong Country Returns.

They said in the video, out of all the FF characters, they chose that whiny little man-bitch Cloud over way cooler characters like Aerith, Sephiroth, or Yuffie! However, I bought his DLC last night, and he is awesome! His moves hit pretty hard, though he's also balanced, as he leaves himself open to counterattacks should he fail to connect, and that Limit Break is really powerful, which recharges at a good rate - not so fast as to be abused, but not so slow that it's useless.

As for his stage, I'd have much preferred a "travelling" stage, like the Wuhu Island, Mario Circuit (8) and F-Zero tracks, stopping at key points in Midgar (with cameos from other characters who will never appear in a Smash Brothers game . . . this time at least), but what they have is pretty interesting - a Battlefield-style configuration with Materia that shows up and causes various effects and hazzards to trigger, with the person who grabbed the Materia the one who gets the points for hazzard-related deaths. The effects in the 3DS version are especially cool.

One thing good is that the new Smash Brothers on the new system will probably come out when hype surrounding the FF7 remake is still strong, which will likely lead to the inclusion of several more characters.
First of all, if Smash keeps on its current release schedule, we'll be waiting another 4-5 years before we see the next installment. The FFVII hype train should have passed by then, or at the very least be waning. As for multiple characters, it'll never happen. When it comes to 3rd party characters in Smash, there's only ever been one from each franchise. If (and that's a big if) they do decide to add multiple FF characters in the next installment, I highly doubt they'd all be from the same game.

As someone that never played it when it came out, loves FFIV-VI, and didn't give VII a try until recently... It's OK. It's nothing to be overly-hyped for, as IMO FFVI is the better game in every way imaginable. VII is a good game, but it's not the awe-inspiring timeless piece of art that everyone makes it out to be.

It's worth giving it a shot if you like the old school JRPG genre, but if that isn't your thing to begin with VII isn't going to change your mind.

A complete edition of this Smash game with all the DLC could always be a launch title for the NX with the next version coming out 2-3 years later.

The PC version of FFVII was criticized for being inferior to the PS1 version due to some bugs and other issues, such as movies not being full-screen, though much of them might have been fixed by now, if not officially, then unofficially. Still, you should play it regardless of what version.

As for his in-game performance, there are a lot of references (notably his Limit Break and Climhazzard Final Smash) and he plays significantly differently from the Mii Swordfighter and the FE characters. You can also choose from his FFVII appearance, or his Advent Children look, along with a lot of more subtle variants among the two, such as a bare armed versus covered arm version. Where they messed up was the stage - a Midgar travelling stage would have been awesome, but instead we have Battlefield with hazards thrown in that mix things up. It's pretty cool usage of the Summons, but keeps Midgar as nothing more than a nice-looking backdrop.

What are the chances of a complete (with all DLC) version of the newest Smash Bros being released?
I'm putting the odds at 10%. If Nintendo releases a complete/gold/definitive edition, they are almost forced to charge $59.99 for it. As we know with their regular 1st party games, the MSRP often stays at $59.99 for years. I don't see them suddenly replacing their game they've been OK with selling for $60 with a version for $60 that includes $70+ worth of DLC. Dedicated Smash fans will be pissed that they paid $130 for all this while newcomers can swoop in at $60. However, if they try to charge $100 for it (fair price if you ask me), people will cry fowl saying "$100 game? WTF".

I put the odds of a complete eShop version at around 60% however. They already had something similar before a couple more rounds of DLC came out (game+Collections 1+2 I think), and it provided very minimal savings but it was a complete collection up to that point.

Nintendo should come out with a super ultra complete edition that comes with the game + DLC for both systems + guide + all the amiibo :D/

Maybe the new nintendo club etc will have a way to use points or what not to buy dlc. Would be neat if say a new fire emblem game gives u a discount on a fire emblem DLC etc.

I'm putting the odds at 10%. If Nintendo releases a complete/gold/definitive edition, they are almost forced to charge $59.99 for it. As we know with their regular 1st party games, the MSRP often stays at $59.99 for years. I don't see them suddenly replacing their game they've been OK with selling for $60 with a version for $60 that includes $70+ worth of DLC. Dedicated Smash fans will be pissed that they paid $130 for all this while newcomers can swoop in at $60. However, if they try to charge $100 for it (fair price if you ask me), people will cry fowl saying "$100 game? WTF".

I put the odds of a complete eShop version at around 60% however. They already had something similar before a couple more rounds of DLC came out (game+Collections 1+2 I think), and it provided very minimal savings but it was a complete collection up to that point.

Nintendo should come out with a super ultra complete edition that comes with the game + DLC for both systems + guide + all the amiibo :D/
If nintendo doesn't come out with a super ultra complete edition with all those things, you can bet GameStop will do it instead :p

Nintendo's still pretty new to dlc compared to other companies. So far they haven't put out any GOTY editions and it doesn't seem like they would given how long their prices stay stagnant, but that could always change. The biggest difference from them and other companies though, is you usually see the dlc complete versions of games show up for titles that have frequent sequels. Nintendo isn't putting out Smash every year or two, so there's less reason to try to get new players with more content in one package before the sequel comes out.

A complete edition of this Smash game with all the DLC could always be a launch title for the NX with the next version coming out 2-3 years later.
That would probably be the most likely scenario if any.

Maybe the new nintendo club etc will have a way to use points or what not to buy dlc. Would be neat if say a new fire emblem game gives u a discount on a fire emblem DLC etc.
That'd be a great idea. Though really, at that point, I'd rather just get the points turned into eshop credit.

bread's done
Back