amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The store-pickup stickers which are usually fine for most things, actually do indeed ruin the amiibo boxes.  I'm just going to plan a trip to the store on the morning of Jan. 22.

The store-pickup stickers which are usually fine for most things, actually do indeed ruin the amiibo boxes. I'm just going to plan a trip to the store on the morning of Jan. 22.
Hair dryer for a minute will make the sticker peel right off without damaging it. Either way, I don't think stock will be an issue and you should be able to just walk in and get one.

In for the new series of AC amiibo for my daughter.  I also got the code for the pin set.  I wasn't even aware that I qualified for it, but I'll take it.

Got my promo email as well. 

I initially thought it was a glitch and these were sent out months ago.

But thinking about it, i did preorder AC:AF and Twilight Princess "HD". (So i guess twilight princess counted towards the promo) 

Sweet, I got the code for the pin set too.  I had no idea I qualified.  The only Wii U games I purchased were the Xenoblade CE and then Splatoon on black friday.

Thanks for posting re amiibo. Pre ordered all 5 for in store. Never had a problem removing labels plus I open most so not an issue. Already ordered pins. Will people actually pay $75 for these?

The pin set shows greyed out "sold out online" for me.  It was showing for your guys earlier?  (I have my code email.)

Anyone have experience with changing these pick-up orders after making them? Resetti is the only one showing at a store near me, but I don't know if I'd be able to edit my store location if they add mine later.

I was asleep at the wheel, Lucas and Kicks are not available anywhere near me. Had to order everything for pick-up a state over (sounds inconvenient, but it's worth it to just be able to walk in and pick up 2 of everything in one place).
Hope it becomes available close by when these things go up for shipping.

(Still waiting on my email for the pin set).

Went ahead and pre ordered all five of them. All for in store pick up since I didnt see shipping option available..found the nearest best buy near me that will have them so hoping for the best

Missed Lucas.   fuck the fuck.  

And Skymiibo's being sold individually at $25 apiece?  I like the designs as much as the next guy but someone's smoking some serious crack there.

Love how that was announced right after Xmas though..... Activision sure knows how to give the finger to it's fans.

Last edited:
Anyone snag any used amiibos in the Buy 2 Get 3 Free sale at Gamestop?  I got some Disney Infinity figures and Skylanders for cheap, but only a couple stores had any used amiibos.

Anyone snag any used amiibos in the Buy 2 Get 3 Free sale at Gamestop? I got some Disney Infinity figures and Skylanders for cheap, but only a couple stores had any used amiibos.
The stores around me had primarily only the SMB series amiibos as far as used stuff goes. Maybe an occasional SSB Luigi or Peach.

I just bought 4 Amiibos that were in stock used on Gamestop.com and threw in 1 Disney Infinity figure.

With Buy 2 Get 3 Free the price was $23.98.  $29.93 after tax and shipping.  I got:

Zelda
Bowser
Link
Luigi
Disney Infinity Spider-Man

My daughter only owns Mario, Peach, and the 2 that came with Animal Crossing, so good deal for us.

Not really the place, but figure it would do some good here.

Bestbuy is sending out promo codes for those Mario Maker pins for the people who pre-ordered 2 eligible titles. The pin set is 75 dollars, but the code obviously makes it free for you. Seems like I'll be getting my set on Jan. 6th. Just a friendly post to keep an eye out in your email if you took advantage of that promotion.
Thanks for the heads up, forgot about those things.

The pin set shows greyed out "sold out online" for me. It was showing for your guys earlier? (I have my code email.)
Just ordered mine, try again :)

Looks like I missed the online order for my local BB, but the next closest one still had orders available, so if I can't get it there after launch, I'll just have to go another 20 minutes out. Glad this set is almost done.

Are the pin coupon emails coming from Nintendo or Best Buy?  I have a feeling I'm not going to get one because I didn't pick up my second preorder until a couple weeks later.  But if they're going out for Star Fox or cancelled preorders maybe I don't have much to worry about.

Are the pin coupon emails coming from Nintendo or Best Buy? I have a feeling I'm not going to get one because I didn't pick up my second preorder until a couple weeks later. But if they're going out for Star Fox or cancelled preorders maybe I don't have much to worry about.
I don't know of any going out for cancelled orders but they only let the Star Fox preorders slide since it's not our fault it got delayed.

The emails are coming directly from Best Buy.

Got my order in for all 5. Have to drive out to a different best buy for lucas tho. I wish I didn't like the AC ones so much :cry:
Yeah, same here. Pickup at my usual place for all the AC amiibos, and another BBY farther out in the opposite direction for Lucas. Now if I could actually be around when Shovel Knight shows up for pre-order again...

Are the pin coupon emails coming from Nintendo or Best Buy? I have a feeling I'm not going to get one because I didn't pick up my second preorder until a couple weeks later. But if they're going out for Star Fox or cancelled preorders maybe I don't have much to worry about.
I canceled both of my pre-orders... still got the code/place my order.

Missed shovel knight again!....

Ugh, thankfully i dont care much about his character.

But ofcourse im gonna grab him for completion sake. Hopefully he goes back up around release. 

Missed shovel knight again!....
Ugh, thankfully i dont care much about his character.

But ofcourse im gonna grab him for completion sake. Hopefully he goes back up around release.
Don't feel bad, it was only up for around 10 minutes. I thought I was lucky only to see it unavailable.

It is from Best Buy.
I preordered Zelda Triforce Heroes and Star Fox. I never went and picked up Zelda, and I got the coupon.

I must be living right, walked into TRU today just to poke around and see what they had and found this guy in the case!  Didn't have one yet so I am quite excited.  Looks like someone returned a gift or maybe it fell off a shelf in the back room.

YsmJGhi.jpg

trying to decide rather or not to get mabel and tom nook off amazon since they are pretty much half price but what are they used for in the wii u game? 

bread's done
Back