amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That picture was from months ago when stuff got restocked, the only stores I still see stuff at is tRU consistently.
I know that the picture was from then. Thank you.

My source was my own personal observations and discussions with casuals.

Thank you so much for the Roy and the Pokemon plate. Missed it and was worried I was gonna have to pay 40$+ on Amazon or something. And as far as Roy, I'm worried about Gamestop shenanigans

Wave 3 of the Animal Crossing amiibo were announced. Comes out the end of March in Japan. Also a new trailer on the amiibo support in LoZ: Twilight Princess.

https://twitter.com/amiiboAlerts/status/690059027867377664

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FWcjjpC-5Dc

I might think about getting Timmy and Tommy. But seeing that animal crossing amiibo isn't doing that well, I will wait it out until they go on a discount. As for the Roy amiibo, I won't be able to pre-order my copy since I will be at work and won't be getting out on midnight (EST). :/ Hopefully, there will be enough stock when I come out, but I doubt that. :/

So Roy is opening up @ 3pm EST or is that just for instores? i don't even know if that's even the correct time, just read a random post on neoGAF

Thank you so much for the Roy and the Pokemon plate. Missed it and was worried I was gonna have to pay 40$+ on Amazon or something. And as far as Roy, I'm worried about Gamestop shenanigans
Was the Pokémon faceplate available in the US for pre-order? I saw the Japan and Euro availability.

Was the Pokémon faceplate available in the US for pre-order? I saw the Japan and Euro availability.
US hasnt released any new plates since the initial batch when the console came out last year, they just totally forgot about it. Everything else has been imports from Japan/Europe.

Maybe with this bundle coming out and likely selling more than the Happy Home Designer one did, we might see more on their store soon.

US hasnt released any new plates since the initial batch when the console came out last year, they just totally forgot about it. Everything else has been imports from Japan/Europe.

Maybe with this bundle coming out and likely selling more than the Happy Home Designer one did, we might see more on their store soon.
NoA is the absolute fuck ing worst. How hard is it for them to offer these "import" plates on their US web store? There is ZERO extra work to be done besides getting them sent from Japan. It's not like the systems, where the region, and packaging needs to be changed.

Most of the cool ones they offered last year sold out right away(the few they actually had, most where garbage), so why not offer more of these cool plates? I swear these guys have no concepts of good business, and appear to just hate money. LOL

For anyone who preordered the AC wave 2 amiibos on Amazon: is your order still showing "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate" or do you have an actual date?

Nintendo Press Release January 21- amiibo

• Wave 3 Animal Crossing amiibo revealed: Timmy and Tommy, Kapp'n, Rover, and Digby. No mention of Isabelle. Series 3 amiibo cards to arrive as well, all on March 18th.
  • Ryu, Famicom ROB, and Roy mentioned for March release
  • Twilight Princess HD amiibo functionality detailed (Wolf Link, Link, Toon Link, Sheik, and Gannondorf)
  • Star Fox Zero confirmed to have amiibo support
  • Mario and Sonic at Rio Olympics (3DS) amiibo functionality revealed
  • Pokemon amiibo restocks mentioned again

I'm kinda confused, it said in the flyer 2 pm CST, which translates to 4 pm EST.

But a couple you guys are saying 3 EST..
3PM CST is 4PM EST.

We're only one timezone away.

EDIT: So, if the flyer said 2PM CST...then it is 3PM for EST.

Why is Tom Nook so cheap? I thought that was one of the main characters everyone was excited about after seeing him on the original display even before AC line was announced.

How else to explain why, with the exception of a lone SNES release in the early '90s, the Mother (Earthbound) games were never officially released here.
the first game, mother, was officially released on the vc as earthbound beginnings or something like that last summer

I think I price matched at at Best Buy for about $6.80 or so? Didn't think they'd get down this low, ever.

If you don't have Prime you can PM the deal at Best Buy/Target. That way the price keeps dropping on Amazon too :)

Site is getting HAMMERED!  Took several minutes to finally checkout.  Here's hoping!

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but any way to get around the Gamestop shipping fee?  Like if I order in the store, could they just ship it to the store for me?  (Assuming they're still taking pre-orders instore when I get off work...)

I tried to avoid the shipping fee by adding a game I've been wanting to buy, anyway, but it kept giving me an order submission error when I did that. Not surprised that it worked after I checked out with just Roy and had to pay $3.99 shipping.

Looks like all those people who were complaining about Amiibos being too easy to find, and pined for the old days of crashed servers and instant sellouts, got their wish. The GS site is legally dead now.

Could add Bravely Second LE to my cart but couldnt do it for Roy. Used the app on my phone and was able to add both and checkout with no problems.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but any way to get around the Gamestop shipping fee? Like if I order in the store, could they just ship it to the store for me? (Assuming they're still taking pre-orders instore when I get off work...)
In store preorder or a web in store (a preorder done in store to ship to your house) will have no shipping costs.

Looks like all those people who were complaining about Amiibos being too easy to find, and pined for the old days of crashed servers and instant sellouts, got their wish. The GS site is legally dead now.
It doesn't take much, it doesn't help when you get a bunch of grown ass men hiiting f5 all at once on multiple devices.

bread's done
Back