amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That Rosalina looks almost exactly like the original, except for the lack of a wand, and no Luma. Still, it's Rosalina . . . must get . . .

Am I the only one who thinks this way, but I really don't associate Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong as super Mario characters. I always put them in their own DK "bucket"
You probably feel that way b/c of the DKC games, but DK himself I would definitely consider a Mario character.

Not so much for Diddy, but if they want to make another one and aren't planning on doing a Kong line, then this one would be the only one that makes sense.

Is it safe to assume there will be plenty of stock for the super Mario series? I collect OOB so I feel like it would be okay to wait for an inevitable sale.

Is it safe to assume there will be plenty of stock for the super Mario series? I collect OOB so I feel like it would be okay to wait for an inevitable sale.
I think it will be fine. I grabbed a pre-order for Boo because they are one of my favorite enemies but I bet you will see most of these discounted.

Just picked up a Mega Yarn Yoshi and Waddle Dee for $20.  Add in the WoN 2.5" Samus and it was a successful lunch break.  

I ordered a set of the NSMB amiibos from Best Buy.  I'm fine with paying $10.50 apiece for all the new amiibos I want, and for peace of mind.  It's not worth it for me to sit around and wait for the amazon clearance to only pay a few dollars less at $6-7 apiece.  Besides, if everyone did that we'd be sending the wrong message to Nintendo and our supply would diminish. 

However, I will definitely have a good laugh the next time someone cries about missing out on a wave.

Thanks on the Mega Yarn Yoshi tip, I was able to grab 2 for 21.xx without issue. Nephew is gonna be pumped.
Called my local TRU today & comfirmed Giant Yoshi Yarn is OOS. On my way home i stopped by Toysrus i spotted 2 Giant Yoshi Yarn on floor "Surprised". Pick up both of them & check out as quick as Possible. Under $22 is steal deal ever ;)

I just got 2 MYY as well in Houston, Texas. They had them in the back and at first she was restricting them to 1 per person but my wife was with me so she let us buy 2. For the people who are calling stores, you can give them the item number 237188 so that they actually check the system and not just say "Oh yeah we sold out of those a long time ago."

All these Mega Yarn Yoshi stories lit a fire under my ass. I called the local TRU, and they had one in stock. Went and grabbed it and a Ryu that I'll give to my brother.

You should be fine. Outside of the variants it was the first series they made that was easily & steadily available. Since all other amiibo have been this way recently, I see no reason for the trend to stop.

This recent sale of MYY makes me salty, lol. I bought one for MSRP when there was that restock. Oh well. Sweet deal as always!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Cloud, Corrin, Bayo

Where are you?????
Bayonetta is too over rated, Cloud have SUPER Giant SWORD and Corrin is too Female-ish (Can't tell different boy or Girl). Nintendo US plans to cover up Bayonetta body, Slim down Cloud Sword & Trim down his Hair, and add mustache on corrin. We won't see the last 3 SMB in late September!

Alright, I tried looking this up, but I couldn't find a straight answer:

Are the Kirby series amiibo functionally the exact same as their Smash counterparts, for the ones that have them? The box says they'll work in Planet Robobot, but will they also work in Smash, Rainbow Curse, etc. just like the Smash ones did? Is there any difference at all?

Are the Kirby series amiibo functionally the exact same as their Smash counterparts, for the ones that have them? The box says they'll work in Planet Robobot, but will they also work in Smash, Rainbow Curse, etc. just like the Smash ones did? Is there any difference at all?
I can't tell you for sure but they should. That's the way all other amiibo work.

Looking at the values for amiibo on ebay, CL, and amazon...and looking at the 50% bonus at gamestop I may dump a few there. I've kind of burned out on some of these suckers.

The Compatibility matrix is a good starting point. http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility Shows they don't work with Smash Bros. Sadly, they don't even work with Kirby & the Rainbow Curse. :shame:

Edit: see relies below. The matrix is a sham!

The Compatibility matrix is a good starting point. http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility Shows they don't work with Smash Bros. Sadly, they don't even work with Kirby & the Rainbow Curse. :shame:
If that's true I'd honestly be shocked. But it would be a good ploy to get people to buy these newer versions of existing amiibo if you're at all interested in the content.

Looking over that compatibility chart again, it also lists only the Kirby series amiibo as working with Planet Robobot, which we know isn't true. At the very least, the Smash line Kirby adds in its own semi-unique ability. So I don't know if that thing's reliable in this case.

...Well, if nobody can/wants to answer that question, then let's try a different one:

What's Best Buy's return policy regarding opened amiibo? Will they do a normal return or exchange, or do they treat it like an opened video game where it's identical exchange only?

Looking over that compatibility chart again, it also lists only the Kirby series amiibo as working with Planet Robobot, which we know isn't true. At the very least, the Smash line Kirby adds in its own semi-unique ability. So I don't know if that thing's reliable in this case.

...Well, if nobody can/wants to answer that question, then let's try a different one:

What's Best Buy's return policy regarding opened amiibo? Will they do a normal return or exchange, or do they treat it like an opened video game where it's identical exchange only?
Im actually curious about that too. About the opened amiibo.

If they start making amiibo only work for one particular game then I'm done getting these. My $1000 investment in the SSB line better keep paying dividends in free play features.

Wow, I can't believe that Nintendo made an inaccurate compatibility matrix. Good to know these Kirby Amiibo can be used in more than one game.

Looking over that compatibility chart again, it also lists only the Kirby series amiibo as working with Planet Robobot, which we know isn't true. At the very least, the Smash line Kirby adds in its own semi-unique ability. So I don't know if that thing's reliable in this case.

If no one gets you an answer I may pick one up and let you know tomorrow. I only have Smash to test them with, but that should suffice.

**EDIT**

I found a video on YT where a guy unboxes the 3 that are in Smash and scans them in successfully, so that should answer your question.

If no one gets you an answer I may pick one up and let you know tomorrow. I only have Smash to test them with, but that should suffice.

**EDIT**

I found a video on YT where a guy unboxes the 3 that are in Smash and scans them in successfully, so that should answer your question.
THANK YOU!! That answers my question perfectly. Guess I'll be picking up the new Kirby & Meta Knight, then.

YMMV: If the signage in TRUs is not universal, then I apologize. My store had 5 or 6 signs along the Skylanders aisle that said "All Skylanders Superchargers Starter Sets $39.99" and then on the other half of the sign said something to the effect of 3 Free Single Superchargers Figures with Starter set purchase. No listed exceptions for Dark Starters like they usually have. So I picked up the Dark Bowser starter and 3 Legendary figures for $40. Best deal I've seen for him. I hope that also works for somebody else that is still looking for him.

ETA: They had to manually adjust the price.

You got the

YMMV: If the signage in TRUs is not universal, then I apologize. My store had 5 or 6 signs along the Skylanders aisle that said "All Skylanders Superchargers Starter Sets $39.99" and then on the other half of the sign said something to the effect of 3 Free Single Superchargers Figures with Starter set purchase. No listed exceptions for Dark Starters like they usually have. So I picked up the Dark Bowser starter and 3 Legendary figures for $40. Best deal I've seen for him. I hope that also works for somebody else that is still looking for him.

ETA: They had to manually adjust the price.
That is a great deal, since the Dark Bowser starter seldom goes on sale. Sounds like a definite YMMV.

Dropped Rosalina, Boo, and Waluigi preorders at Best Buy just in case.

I was at Fred Meyer today and noticed they had most of the AC Amiibo, the Splatoon Amiibo, and pink yard Yoshi all at half price and the "sale" goes until September. So now I'll wait for a B2G1 and $10 off $50 to get a few of those along with the Kirby stuff that I didn't even know existed. Once again I took a break and checked in here for the first time in months and there's lots of new stuff.

So what's the best price on getting just the Squid amiibo? Seems like buying the set at a discount might be the route to go, but I don't really want or need boy/girl and likely won't get much if anything for selling them.

No one has pointed this out that I saw but if you want a free wolf link amiibo, you can buy Twilight Princess HD from BB for $31.99 with GCU and trade just the game in for $40 at GameStop with a PUR Pro account.

I was able to pick up the last Mega Yarn Yoshi at my local TRU. I originally had no intention of getting it but that deal was too good.

I then stopped by GameStop and found the squid, Splatoon boy, Greninja, Pikachu, and Diddy Kong for the buy 2 get 3. I had bought any Amiibo in quite some time but these deals were too good to pass up.

That b2g3 is awesome. A lot of people dumped their collections during doom/uncharted shenanigans. I got all 3 yarn yoshi, shovel knight, megaman, toon link, falco, link, fox, and the squid for ~$44

I'm amazed at how many of you are still getting these... even the new ones coming out. I've got them sitting in boxes and am wondering WTF I'm gonna do with them... outside of leaving them in boxes. 

Is Boo the only upcoming one that is glow in the dark?  I might try and preorder that one as that sounds pretty damn cool.

I'm amazed at how many of you are still getting these... even the new ones coming out. I've got them sitting in boxes and am wondering WTF I'm gonna do with them... outside of leaving them in boxes.
Because some people genuinely enjoy them, want them on display and/or *gasp* want to use them?

Because some people genuinely enjoy them, want them on display and/or *gasp* want to use them?
Haha... guess that came out wrong. Just saying, at some point, I'd think interest in these would have peaked off. I mean, a number of these have gone on clearance already but seems like any time they announce a new line, hype is re-newed.

bread's done
Back