amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These have been in freefall over the last few days. Hope they can hit Animal Crossing levels eventually then it's time to strike!
C'mon, ~$5! Then I will get the diorama, too.

EDIT: Ahh, screw it. I got a $25 Amazon GC from work this week, so it's only $20 out of pocket for the set and the diorama. There's only one of the dioramas left in stock, so wanna snag it now.

These have been in freefall over the last few days. Hope they can hit Animal Crossing levels eventually then it's time to strike!
Yea im waiting for those to drop. I'm sure it will drop to like around $5. then i need to worry about getting stuff over $49 for free shipping lol

Does the new kirby work with mario kart 8?  and does waddle dee work with super mario maker? or do they just work for the Kirby 3DS game?

Most of the Kirby line keep slowly dropping, except Kirby who just shot up to 8.69
Dammit, of course I bit on all the others except Kirby at $7.xx because I figured he'd be the most common and drop more than the others. D'oh!

I wonder how low Waddle Dee and King Dedede will go at Amazon?  Can't be much lower I imagine as Kirby and Metaknight are both back up to full price.

I wonder how low Waddle Dee and King Dedede will go at Amazon? Can't be much lower I imagine as Kirby and Metaknight are both back up to full price.
I think the price those two will drop throughout the weekend and will probably jump back up on Monday. I've noticed that with a couple other items I am watching. At the rate it's going, I think it will bottom out around $4.00

Kept waiting but now waddle Dee is back to full price. I'm not chancing it anymore got dedede. Now to wait for the others to drop back down...

Hope we get something good outta this BestBuy sale. And by good I mean no more Animal Crossing pls. Not sure if I wanna stay awake for all that though.

Best Buy has a bunch of AC amiibos for 8.99  (7.19 after GCU)

Normally that's just an ok deal for most of the AC line, and I wait til Amazon has them in the $4-5 range.  Timmy & Tommy is included though.  That one is harder to fine and I've never seen a deal at all for it.  So I'm definitely grabbing that one.  The only other one I didn't have was Isabelle's variant, and I'll probably wait for the Amazon price to trickle down to the magic range for that one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/0skuidsaas

I've noticed that some Targets in my area have started to clear out some of the latest amiibo:

Kirby 207-03-4028 - $6.48

Splatoon series 3 pack 207-03-4036 - $17.48

Ryu 207-03-4020 - $6.48

Callie & Marie 2 pack 207-03-4037 - $12.48

Only Amiibo's we wanted is Cloud, Bayonetta and Nero. Give US the last 3 amiibos.
I don't know about "only." There are plenty of other amiibos I could potentially be interested in, for a lot of different games. But yes, I do also want those three, in order to complete my Smash collection. I had to import Japanese versions for some of the more hard-to-find figures, but I now have all but those three. Nintendo has been awfully quiet as of late.

I don't know about "only." There are plenty of other amiibos I could potentially be interested in, for a lot of different games. But yes, I do also want those three, in order to complete my Smash collection. I had to import Japanese versions for some of the more hard-to-find figures, but I now have all but those three. Nintendo has been awfully quiet as of late.
Well yeah. This is a dead time. Why dump product out right now that would sell-through twice as quickly in November and December?

Right now is when you announce that you're going to add games to a value line or try to clear old stock rotting on shelves... you try to take the brunt of any financial hit right now because your fiscal year 2017 likely starts October 1, so you want everything looking awesome and amazing and swell for the stockholders at the start of the new fiscal year, and bury any of the mistakes and misteps with Fiscal year 2016.

Yeah, there are a load of Mario enemies I'd love to have as Amiibos (looking forward to Boo). And don't forget Metroid, I would love one of those. Unfortunately, once Nintendo caught up with demand and did some reprints to satisfy fans, they basically killed the magic. The rarity was why so many people wanted them, now only people that really want them buy them.

I'd bet that we only get new ones for headliner games (and NX support) after November's Mario Party line. Cloud and Bayonetta obviously have fans that would love to pick them up, but that base is probably fairly small - noting how popular figures like Ryu really didn't sell at that well.

I'd bet that we only get new ones for headliner games (and NX support) after November's Mario Party line.
I think the NX comment may be key. I strongly suspect that Nintendo is in a holding pattern until they announce whatever the NX is going to be. Without a fresh boom in Wii U sales, or some solid-selling 3DS games along with a bump in New 3DS sales, cranking out more amiibos wouldn't make that much sense. Amiibo demand is partially influenced by the reach of systems that can actually take advantage of them. More casual consumers, such as those who enjoyed the original Wii, would be far more likely to get into Animal Crossing amiibos. But those consumers aren't the ones picking up the Wii U, and are less likely to get a New 3DS. So the amiibos with more mainstream appeal do not have the kind of install base that would support their popularity.

I would expect to see an uptick in amiibo activity after we hear actual news for the NX, and its launch.

I think the NX comment may be key. I strongly suspect that Nintendo is in a holding pattern until they announce whatever the NX is going to be. Without a fresh boom in Wii U sales, or some solid-selling 3DS games along with a bump in New 3DS sales, cranking out more amiibos wouldn't make that much sense. Amiibo demand is partially influenced by the reach of systems that can actually take advantage of them. More casual consumers, such as those who enjoyed the original Wii, would be far more likely to get into Animal Crossing amiibos. But those consumers aren't the ones picking up the Wii U, and are less likely to get a New 3DS. So the amiibos with more mainstream appeal do not have the kind of install base that would support their popularity.

I would expect to see an uptick in amiibo activity after we hear actual news for the NX, and its launch.
Pokemon Sun/Moon and the upcoming $150 New 3DS bundle?

Pokemon Sun/Moon and the upcoming $150 New 3DS bundle?
A possibility. Pokémon as a series might as well be amiibo-bait. I know they're adding a physical component to the new Sun/Moon, but I haven't heard much about amiibo support and/or new pokemon amiibos.

I've noticed that some Targets in my area have started to clear out some of the latest amiibo:

Kirby 207-03-4028 - $6.48
Splatoon series 3 pack 207-03-4036 - $17.48
Ryu 207-03-4020 - $6.48
Callie & Marie 2 pack 207-03-4037 - $12.48
Ymmv for sure. I think the closest store to me clearance them out already, but the next still has 12 at regular price.

What's the lowest we've seen so far on Kirby btw?

Ymmv for sure. I think the closest store to me clearance them out already, but the next still has 12 at regular price.

What's the lowest we've seen so far on Kirby btw?
YMMV indeed. I was at a store that had all those on clearance at those prices except that the one I wanted most (Kirby) was still $9.xx. I picked it up anyway just in case since of all that series it is the only one that isn't cheap on Amazon. I was so tempted to pick up a Ryu even though I already have it. I'm going to check on Monday for the Splatoon pack to be cheaper - I'd definitely buy that with another drop.

YMMV indeed. I was at a store that had all those on clearance at those prices except that the one I wanted most (Kirby) was still $9.xx. I picked it up anyway just in case since of all that series it is the only one that isn't cheap on Amazon. I was so tempted to pick up a Ryu even though I already have it. I'm going to check on Monday for the Splatoon pack to be cheaper - I'd definitely buy that with another drop.
And today brickseek is telling me that all locations near me have them discounted at 9.08. Not true in store though. They ring for 12.99 still. wp Target wp

Still waits for NERO, Bayonetta and Cloud.  Nintendo did not give what's FANS wanted.  Possible they release Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition on NX along with 3-6 new characters next year! Just only 3 left and i finished my collection. 

OK fuck it.  Apparently we're not getting a Robin/Lucina reprint, and I'm tired of being 2 down in an otherwise complete collection.  I don't care the version (have a so far complete US set, but open (I carefully cut away the bubbles at the bottom so I could repackage them to look sealed if desired in the future, cuz I think the packaging just looks snazzy).

Anyone recommend a good place to get Robin/Lucina at a decent price, any version?  Amazon sellers have Lucina at 25 and Robin at 22, EU or Japan versions.

Anyone recommend a good place to get Robin/Lucina at a decent price, any version? Amazon sellers have Lucina at 25 and Robin at 22, EU or Japan versions.
If you don't care about region, Play-Asia has Lucina and Robin for 19.99 each, but their shipping price and timeline might otherwise turn you off from them.

Edit - just saw that you're indifferent to region. I believe the Lucina is Japanese, and Robin European.

OK fuck it. Apparently we're not getting a Robin/Lucina reprint, and I'm tired of being 2 down in an otherwise complete collection. I don't care the version (have a so far complete US set, but open (I carefully cut away the bubbles at the bottom so I could repackage them to look sealed if desired in the future, cuz I think the packaging just looks snazzy).

Anyone recommend a good place to get Robin/Lucina at a decent price, any version? Amazon sellers have Lucina at 25 and Robin at 22, EU or Japan versions.
thats actually a good price. i just checked ebay. US versions of Lucina are going for around $40. WOW!

Ordered Isabelle Winter ver Amiibo last night from Amazon at $4.32.

Alternatively I could have got her with the AC Amiibo Festival set from BB for $16 after GCU, but then I would have AC Amiibo Festival :\

Thanks all.  There also seem to be a decent number of European and Japanese Robin and Lucina's available via ebay for ~20.00 shipped free.

I still keep hoping I'll see a one more Lucina in the preowned pile at GameStop. For something like that to happen, it would require GS associates that don't recognize what was traded and for (really any) preowned amiibo to stick around for more than 48 hours. Fat chance.

Where have you guys been? Lucina Is getting a restock. CPSIA was recently updated, along with Palutena . Possibly coming for the holiday rush like last year. Nothing on Robin, however. That means they'll be msrp (or clearance if they sit long enough) if nintendo makes plenty, like every other amiibo released in the past year.

Oh good I totally hadn't heard that.  If they do the rumored Smash NX, I assume it too would have Amiibo support, so maybe they'll re-release everything to allow people just getting it to get them too?

Or they could be completely evil and release the entire series over again in terms of characters, but in different poses, to truly drive the collectors nuts...

I'm hoping they release Smash NX with basic support for the original amiibo, then "advanced" support for amiibo 2.0 which are all essentially the same poses as the originals ^_^

I want another pose. There are tons of trophies with various poses from all the Smash games. Just make them do all the same Amiibo functionality, though, so I can just choose poses I really want.

Where have you guys been? Lucina Is getting a restock. CPSIA was recently updated, along with Palutena . Possibly coming for the holiday rush like last year. Nothing on Robin, however. That means they'll be msrp (or clearance if they sit long enough) if nintendo makes plenty, like every other amiibo released in the past year.
While I'm glad to hear this, WTF took them so fucking long? They figured out Marth needed a reprint and announced it after a few months of release. Even though they took forever to actually get stock rolling out, at least they acknowledge the reprint early on. They took over a year to just announce a Lucina reprint that unlike Marth, who was around for a few weeks before he became obscure, she was nearly impossible to even pre-order. I'm hoping Robin gets a reprint as well.

Oh good I totally hadn't heard that. If they do the rumored Smash NX, I assume it too would have Amiibo support, so maybe they'll re-release everything to allow people just getting it to get them too?

Or they could be completely evil and release the entire series over again in terms of characters, but in different poses, to truly drive the collectors nuts...
I'm curious to know if Amiibo are as profitable as they used to be. I mean, the hype is dead and everything goes on clearance these days... but they keep making/releasing new lines so I guess they're still making money on them. But for some reason, they refuse to finish up the Smash line.

While I'm glad to hear this, WTF took them so fucking long? They figured out Marth needed a reprint and announced it after a few months of release. Even though they took forever to actually get stock rolling out, at least they acknowledge the reprint early on. They took over a year to just announce a Lucina reprint that unlike Marth, who was around for a few weeks before he became obscure, she was nearly impossible to even pre-order. I'm hoping Robin gets a reprint as well.

I'm curious to know if Amiibo are as profitable as they used to be. I mean, the hype is dead and everything goes on clearance these days... but they keep making/releasing new lines so I guess they're still making money on them. But for some reason, they refuse to finish up the Smash line.
I was surprised they continued the Mario party line after the less than stellar sales of that game and the disaster of the animal crossing Amiibo series.
I have enjoyed picking these up preowned at GameStop with the b2g3 free sale

I'm sure they are reevaluating their business, especially production run #s, and deciding what will sell well. We'll probably see the rest of the Smash characters during Christmas.

bread's done
Back