amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, saw that. Already pre-order my. Now it is Gamestop turn to announced it too with Robin as their exclusive. Pretty much got half of the Smash Bro line up with this restock.

Some dude on Craigslist is selling his amiibo collection for $20. I see Robin, Lucina, Palutena, DDD, and a bunch of other ones. Seems weird :/

Some dude on Craigslist is selling his amiibo collection for $20. I see Robin, Lucina, Palutena, DDD, and a bunch of other ones. Seems weird :/
Doesn't sound that unusual, probably realized his collection's value takes a nosedive come Friday. This won't be the last restock, I would expect some of the others in the future.

Same here, someone in Chicago listed their Amiibo "collection" on Craigslist and it just happened to be all the ones receiving a reprint in the next few weeks (Ness, Gold Mario, Lucina, etc.). Dude wanted like $20-25 each for them. "B-b-but they're the first print!!!" Lol gotta love when people investing in literal children's toys get caught with their pants down.

Happy that these re-prints are popping up so people can grab what they missed out on during the initial rush and finish their personal collections. Very glad that Gold Mario showed up as a reprint recently as that was the last one I was missing.

I'm rather amazed that people DIDN'T see this coming. Nintendo has been operating like this for a while: 

Make new thing, produce conservative amount. 

People go nuts, item disappears from market. 

Glut market. People lose interest. 

Repeat. 

Happened with the Wii, happened with the Wii U, happened with Amiibo. Happening right now with Pokemon Go Plus.

I'm rather amazed that people DIDN'T see this coming. Nintendo has been operating like this for a while:

Make new thing, produce conservative amount.

People go nuts, item disappears from market.

Glut market. People lose interest.

Repeat.

Happened with the Wii, happened with the Wii U, happened with Amiibo. Happening right now with Pokemon Go Plus.
The Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition proves that's not always the case.

And you can't lump in consoles with that. Every system is short in supply at launch until manufacturing catches up, and with the Wii, the demand was so high it would have been impossible to produce enough the first few months it was available.

Speaking of exclusives, Palutena is now a Toysrus exclusive.
Well, at least now I know what to use that $10 reward certificate on.

Also, quick PSA for everybody here: their free shipping on everything ends today. Otherwise it's only free shipping on $19 or more, so if you're like me and only want Palutena from them, preorder it now.

Got Falco for $4 cause I guess I'll get any Smash amiibo for that price or less. Any place else got some that low? Don't really want the Splatoon or AC ones besides already got Resetti and KK and would get Nook if he had his blue apron on instead of a freaking sweater.

Don't look at the site for just a day and miss out on the Splatoon 3-pack. The link is dead now so I was curious as to price and whether it was the alternate colors of the original colors. I just want an original squid for cheap.

Don't look at the site for just a day and miss out on the Splatoon 3-pack. The link is dead now so I was curious as to price and whether it was the alternate colors of the original colors. I just want an original squid for cheap.
Just the original. I believe it was $16 after GCU.

All the neckbeards are probably all depressed that amiibo will no longer be able to pay off their mortgage so wargod probably hasn't seen any recently.

Is this recent reprint a Best Buy exclusive?
Not quite. Palutena is a Toys R Us exclusive. They also seem to be getting a reprint of other amiibos on October 27th.

GameStop is likely getting Robin as an exclusive too.

All the neckbeards are probably all depressed that amiibo will no longer be able to pay off their mortgage so wargod probably hasn't seen any recently.
Nah. They're probably whining about how the "normies" ruined it all for them, so now they're moving to the next thing- probably Playstation VR or something silly like that.

My BB had Falco and Fox, but other than that, the same old stuff. No Pit, Lucina, Ness, or even Callie and Marie 2 pack, this despite the store locator saying they had them in stock. Naturally, no one on the floor to look in the back or other areas, but I still wonder why I bother going to the physical store. They didn't have any Tomodachi Lives when those became a Greatest Hit. 

Just picked up my lucina amiibo today. The bestbuy I went to had at least 15 on the shelf along with a couple ness, gold mario, and sonic amiibos.

Feels good when you can actually pick out a figure that doesn't have a bent sword or derp face.

Decided to grab Pac Man because he looks cool lol. I open the few that I have so box condition doesn't matter to me, but for all of you that it does would be pretty upset right now lol. I moved to a new city around here. My previous mailman used to just leave my amiibo packages on my doorstep. This new one showed the amiibo in the tiny ass mailbox. Box is all sorts of bent and jacked up lol

I got an in-box Lucina, an in-box Pit, and a pair of Gold Marios. (one for show, one for go) I had previously acquired import versions of Lucina and Pit, but had always promised myself that I would get in-box copies if I ever had the chance at standard retail price. Mission accomplished there. I had never gotten the Gold Mario, so that was technically completing my collection.

Now that the restocks have hit, I can finally wait until they go on sale to actually buy them. 

Really feel sorry for those of you hoard them...  Saw the 3-packs discounted to $10 in Target and I still think it's too much (passed for someone else to buy or hoard).  I only buy the ones I want, like Ryu, he's cool for $5.  The knitted Yoshi ones are cool too, got three colors for $5 each.  I paid two Amiibos at retail price...  $12-$15 is way way too much.  These things do even function much in the games, unlike DI, LEGO and Skylanders.  This thread is quite entertaining though, that's all I have to say.

i was fortunate enough to find a robin and lucina used at a gamestop. I don't want to pay retail and with the b2g3 free preowned game to life figures sale that never seems to end. the price was right. I grabbed ness, roy, and dr mario as well

Really feel sorry for those of you hoard them... Saw the 3-packs discounted to $10 in Target and I still think it's too much (passed for someone else to buy or hoard). I only buy the ones I want, like Ryu, he's cool for $5. The knitted Yoshi ones are cool too, got three colors for $5 each. I paid two Amiibos at retail price... $12-$15 is way way too much. These things do even function much in the games, unlike DI, LEGO and Skylanders. This thread is quite entertaining though, that's all I have to say.
Oh yeah, the "these don't do anything I don't know why you dumb people would ever want to buy them all" posts. Also good.

bread's done
Back