amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU seems to have amiibos 25% off.  Put in a  preorder for Palutena, and grabbed one other I needed for free shipping.  I'll just cancel my original preorder for her.  It brings their amiibo to GCU pricing so good news for exclusives and those without GCU.

I just need 10 more Smash ones.  Never thought I'd get this close, but 7 of those have SMB or Kirby variants so not looking good for those ones.  I can't seem to find them.

TRU seems to have amiibos 25% off. Put in a preorder for Palutena, and grabbed one other I needed for free shipping. I'll just cancel my original preorder for her. It brings their amiibo to GCU pricing so good news for exclusives and those without GCU.

I just need 10 more Smash ones. Never thought I'd get this close, but 7 of those have SMB or Kirby variants so not looking good for those ones. I can't seem to find them.
Which ones do you need? Check gamestop regularly to see if they get any new trade ins. If you are looking for CIB, that may not happen with some of those kirby variants you mentioned. I have found most of the smash set preowned through gamestop, that includes harder to find ones like rosalina, lucina, robin, wii fit trainer, wario and bowser junior. Be patient. Someone will trade in their collection soon I bet

Mario, DK, Wario, Yoshi
Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight

Then just Toon Link, Sheik, Robin

I've seen it mentioned here maybe Robin will be a GS exclusive. I hope that happens as I know a lot of us need that one. Hopefully Nintendo makes more Toon Link & Sheik eventually. Maybe when the new Zelda is out.

I like to collect in box but I will have to keep checking GS anyway. I've been contemplating opening all the amiibos and figuring out a cool way to display them for awhile. Obviously some I mentioned like Mario seem silly to not have, but I was not able to get into collecting these til the day ZSS, Ganondorf, etc were out. Even then I was concerned with getting the new stuff as it came out and reprints.

I'm 14 away from having all of the Smash Bros. amiibos currently available.   I'm still kicking myself for picking up some of the Mario Series amiibos and seeing more be released.

I only started collecting last month and thanks to GameStop's B2G3 free, I have every single released Amiibo except for Robin (just gonna wait for the reprint and get him new) and the Dark Bowser Skymiibo. For the life of me I cannot find that one at any GS. I refuse to pay $40+ for the figure online, let alone $85 for the starter pack at Toys R Us. Come on Nintendo, release him as a standalone figure :(

I only started collecting last month and thanks to GameStop's B2G3 free, I have every single released Amiibo except for Robin (just gonna wait for the reprint and get him new) and the Dark Bowser Skymiibo. For the life of me I cannot find that one at any GS. I refuse to pay $40+ for the figure online, let alone $85 for the starter pack at Toys R Us. Come on Nintendo, release him as a standalone figure :(
The dark bowser skymiibo has eluded me as well. Next time I go to gamestop I will have to ask if there is a separate item number for it. If there is, maybe they can search their inventory in store. He's not online or I could do it myself

The dark bowser skymiibo has eluded me as well. Next time I go to gamestop I will have to ask if there is a separate item number for it. If there is, maybe they can search their inventory in store. He's not online or I could do it myself
There is a separate SKU for the dark edition, he's just not on the website (like Wii Fit Trainer and some of the others).

I've called GameStops across the country and none within 100 miles of the following big cities have it: Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Minneapolis, Iowa City, Kansas City, St. Louis, New York City, Columbus, and Tampa

I've come to terms with the fact that anyone who wants it hasn't sold it to GameStop and that no GS stores in the U.S. have it preowned. People who want it will just have to wait till Toys R Us drops the starter pack price.

I went to 2 different Meijer stores today. Saw lots of older amiibo/animal crossing amiibo on clearance. Some 50% off.

Really feel sorry for those of you hoard them... Saw the 3-packs discounted to $10 in Target and I still think it's too much (passed for someone else to buy or hoard). I only buy the ones I want, like Ryu, he's cool for $5. The knitted Yoshi ones are cool too, got three colors for $5 each. I paid two Amiibos at retail price... $12-$15 is way way too much. These things do even function much in the games, unlike DI, LEGO and Skylanders. This thread is quite entertaining though, that's all I have to say.
I really feel sorry for those that weren't able to sell enough of these to pay for a full collection. The demand was so high when they were coming out that all you had to do was pre-order 2 sets and the first set more than paid for the 2nd and some. The only draw back to the whole craze was having to encounter people in stores that smelled like they hadn't bathed in a year. They were probably the same types buying my dupes on ebay from their mother's basement. And now with all these coming out, I'm sure they have hidden every bar of soap in their house in anticipation for this launch day in the US:

HThS1vu.jpg

I really feel sorry for those that have to put so much effort into bragging about the dumbest stuff that no on else cares about.

I really feel sorry for those that weren't able to sell enough of these to pay for a full collection. The demand was so high when they were coming out that all you had to do was pre-order 2 sets and the first set more than paid for the 2nd and some. The only draw back to the whole craze was having to encounter people in stores that smelled like they hadn't bathed in a year. They were probably the same types buying my dupes on ebay from their mother's basement. And now with all these coming out, I'm sure they have hidden every bar of soap in their house in anticipation for this launch day in the US:
THERE IT IS! It sure took you long enough to post one of these.

The only draw back to the whole craze was having to encounter people in stores that smelled like they hadn't bathed in a year. They were probably the same types buying my dupes on ebay from their mother's basement. And now with all these coming out, I'm sure they have hidden every bar of soap in their house in anticipation for this launch day in the US:
I seriously love you, I'm not even being sarcastic or ironic here. You are the ONLY reason I still post on this thread since I sold my amiibo collection months ago

Waluigi, Boo and Daisy shipped from BB today for me as well. Going to wait on the other new "duplicate" characters in the SMB line till they're on sale if I decide to get them. Looking forward to that glow in the dark boo =)

Just posted this on Amiibo Reddit. Look what I found at GameStop today!

[attachment=24266:IMG_0688.JPG]

[attachment=24267:IMG_0689.JPG]

Purchase Samus today. I now have like 6 amiibo and I'm starting to want them all now... Lol

Is there some way I can get this 10% wish list discount, without a smart phone?
Save the regular 5% for REDcard account holders

Use the Target Kids’ Wish List app coupon to save another 10% ◦Download the Target Kids’ Wish List app for iOS or Android

◦Add a wish list (may have to add more than one wish list and close and open app to see coupon)

◦Redeem coupon in-store using barcode, or online using promo code

I'm definitely checking GameStop later on today. I need Robin in my life. Lol

Edit: Any way to check stock online? Should I just call around to see if Robin is available?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Nope, for some reason he's not on the website, even though some of the other restocked ones are like Samus, Pit, Sonic and Ness. Ironic because the three I saw in store (Robin, Gold Mario, Mega Man) are the three that' aren't on the website. You can maybe have the employee do a SKU check using the SKU on my receipt though?

Nope, for some reason he's not on the website, even though some of the other restocked ones are like Samus, Pit, Sonic and Ness. Ironic because the three I saw in store (Robin, Gold Mario, Mega Man) are the three that' aren't on the website. You can maybe have the employee do a SKU check using the SKU on my receipt though?
Good point. I'll have them check when I head out later. Thanks again.

Was able to secure Robin as well! The box is messed up so I'm going to try and switch it out. Thanks again for the heads up.

Edit: Found one in mint condition at another location. Will return the other one. So happy to finally add Robin to my collection!

So... how does the glow in the dark Boo Amiibo work? I have it in the box sitting in a pitch black room, and it's not glowing at all.

Wouldn't that like melt the paint though?
It has to be "charged" by holding it close to a strong light source, such as a bare lightbulb. It shouldn't melt the paint, unless it is a really shoddy job, or you're using a tanning lamp or something. It's also not necessary to physically touch the toy to the lightbulb.

My Daisy and Rosalina arrived from BB today. Both had their packages damaged due to no packing materials added to the box. Disappointing, especially after they properly packed my Pit and Lucina (though the Lucina is leaning forward at a slight angle, the exact same flaw the last one I got had). 

Mine are all coming from Amazon tomorrow. They cost me nothing because they were all showing 0.00 under the price.
Funny, same for me. I think I only paid for 2 of the 7 - the others somehow were sold for $0.00. Amazon even sent me e-mails for my amazing price guarantee.

I was going to cancel all but Boo, Daisy and Waluigi, but they wound up being free LMAO.

Why is nintendo releasing more amiibo like boo and daisy when cloud and bayonetta still are not out?  They really need to get it together. They don't realize that the intellegent minds on CAG don't have time to do their jobs for them every time they screw up.  CheapyD has enough on his plate right now as it is....

Yes, Cloud was a great character and many sales were lost by nintendo when they were tyring to compete with Final Fantasy 7 sales.  No reason why they should be so salty about it.

And what the hell is this now?

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles/1/8/3/7/5/0/2/the-new-zelda-is-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-146593254804.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

bread's done
Back