amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else's Best Buy have all Amiibos on sale for $2.99?

Even the 3 packs were $2.99.

They had big bins of them. and lots on shelves. Might go back tomorrow. I didn't really need any but still bought over 20.

Think it was only the BB closest to me. Signs were all printed regular white printer paper signs.

They had big bins of them. and lots on shelves. Might go back tomorrow. I didn't really need any but still bought over 20.

Think it was only the BB closest to me. Signs were all printed regular white printer paper signs.
man you are lucky.

#humblebrag

Well that manager must be an idiot. Its not like amiibo is EOL like Infinity. Those figure are only going to get restocked...

what city are you in?

My Bestbuy sure had shelves of amiibo, but none of them were discounted. Didn't seem like anyone was interested in them. Now that there's a huge surplus in my store, I wonder if it would be discounted in the future.

I have bought 20 Lucina Amiibos so far. Might go back and grab the rest. No one buying them except me. Got a bunch of Splatoon 3 packs too. Plenty left. I got a few AC 3 packs. All the animal crossing amiibos are not selling even at $3. They have lots of those.

They have a ton of Mewtwos. Quite a few dark Pitts and Pitts. And a couple of maybe 10 others.

I did check another store in the metro area and no $3 amibos.

I have bought 20 Lucina Amiibos so far. Might go back and grab the rest. No one buying them except me. Got a bunch of Splatoon 3 packs too. Plenty left. I got a few AC 3 packs. All the animal crossing amiibos are not selling even at $3. They have lots of those.

They have a ton of Mewtwos. Quite a few dark Pitts and Pitts. And a couple of maybe 10 others.
20 tho? Hope your retirement plan works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maplewood, MN Best Buy has all amiibo at $2.99. Mostly cleared out but there was still a bunch of Lucina, Pit, Dark Pit, and Captain Falcons left.

Plus a whole bin of Mewtwo, tons of Animal Crossing amiibo, and a few Splatoon 3-packs left.

I did check another store in the metro area and no $3 amibos.
What are you gonna do with all those? I mean, there's not really a demand for them anymore... The only ones I could see you actually selling for a worthwhile profit would be the Splatoon 3 packs

Maplewood, MN Best Buy has all amiibo at $2.99. Mostly cleared out but there was still a bunch of Lucina, Pit, Dark Pit, and Captain Falcons left.

Plus a whole bin of Mewtwo, tons of Animal Crossing amiibo, and a few Splatoon 3-packs left.
You found my store!!!! Actually parents store. I in town for weekend.

What are you gonna do with all those? I mean, there's not really a demand for them anymore... The only ones I could see you actually selling for a worthwhile profit would be the Splatoon 3 packs
Good question. Thanks to CAG I knew Lucinas trade in for $12.50ish on amazon. So I lined up trades for 6 of them on 3 accounts. Sold a few already for $22. They are selling for good prices on eBay and amazon.

I don't really like amiibos, but I ordered the new Zelda ones from Amazon because I thought they were cool. They threw all 3 in a box with nothing else in it. A couple are a little dinged, but since I'm not an amiibophile, it doesn't bother me much.

The weird thing about it though was that for the first time ever in my life in my ordering from Amazon, I didn't get a shipping notice from them. It just came and the order page for them says they didn't ship yet. Weird.

I was able to pick up a brand-new Robin from GameStop. (where they have been re-stocked extensively, all the GameStops I visited recently had seven or more) I had already imported the elusive Robin, so now I have an open figure and a mint-in-box. I had missed out on Robin and Lucina on their initial run simply by being about one place too far back in line, so the rarity on those two figures always rankled.

I pre-ordered all of the upcoming Zelda figures. That was a foregone conclusion for me. Huge Zelda fan, and they included an 8-bit iteration of Link. They might as well have just reached directly into my wallet.

Got OoT Link and 8-Bit Link in from BB. As OoT is my favorite LoZ game, I'm glad he got an Amiibo. An OoT Child Link Amiibo would be cool too.

I thought the nose on 8-Bit Link looked too long until I looked up his NES sprite. Still kinda weird looking from the front.

I'll get the Toon Link + Zelda Amiibos later if they get cheap since I already have their Nendoroids (which are awesome!).

There's people who opened the original Zelda for NES during the launch of the game, and then... well.....there's everyone else.  I think it's these OG's that have a true appriciation for the 8-bit link, because they were there the ones there at the start of it all.  Seeing that gold cart for the first time.....only real OG's know what I'm talking about.

Thanks Best Buy for sending me a box with 2 ocarina of time link amiibo instead of the 8 bit, ocarina, and toon zelda 2 pack that was on my packing slip. Turds!

Was able to pick up my OOT and 8-bit Link from in store today at BBY...had to change my WW 2-pack to shipping because I was sent a notice yesterday that my store wasn't going to have one of the WW pack for me to pick up. Has this happened to anyone else? I preordered these the second they went up. Not a huge deal, but a bit strange.

Saw several at Best Buy as well, so I really don't think they're rare any more.
Ya i just wanted a gold one. I dont really care about the rarity at this point. And i didnt even think of checking BB. Oh well... I havnt been following amiibo too much lately. I think after the 2017 LOZ amiibo come out ill stop, maybe.

There's people who opened the original Zelda for NES during the launch of the game, and then... well.....there's everyone else. I think it's these OG's that have a true appriciation for the 8-bit link, because they were there the ones there at the start of it all. Seeing that gold cart for the first time.....only real OG's know what I'm talking about.
That gold cartridge was awesome, and you didn't just get it at launch (like the N64 games), but it lasted the entire run, as well as with the sequel, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

There's people who opened the original Zelda for NES during the launch of the game, and then... well.....there's everyone else. I think it's these OG's that have a true appriciation for the 8-bit link, because they were there the ones there at the start of it all. Seeing that gold cart for the first time.....only real OG's know what I'm talking about.
Not really, I didn't grow up with the NES but I still love both the games and the 8-bit Amiibos

That gold cartridge was awesome, and you didn't just get it at launch (like the N64 games), but it lasted the entire run, as well as with the sequel, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
Towards the end of the NES' life they re-released Zelda 1 and 2 as gray cartridges

I remember finding my Legend of Zelda cartridge a few weeks before xmas in my parents xmas gift hiding spot. I would carefully open it and play a little bit each day and put it back before my mom got home from work. By the time xmas came around I think I have beaten at least three times.

Amazon sent me the 3 Zelda amiibos all crammed into a box they normally send just a single amiibo in.  Unsurprisingly, the cardboard packaging was all bent.  Immediately requested a refund.  I'll just buy from Best Buy using GCU.

Best Buy seems to be putting amiibo as DOTD at least once a week now.  I think the best deal was when they had that 4 hour flash sale and most were under $5 before GCU.  They need to do that again.

Best Buy seems to be putting amiibo as DOTD at least once a week now. I think the best deal was when they had that 4 hour flash sale and most were under $5 before GCU. They need to do that again.
That's my buy price on the new mario party series. I really would like to pick up Boo at that price

Not really, I didn't grow up with the NES but I still love both the games and the 8-bit Amiibos
I'm not saying that you won't enjoy the stuff. It's only natural to love something that was enjoyed by your older brothers or parents when it was released. I'm saying that appreciating something after the fact is never the same as when it first happened. There's been other gold karts since the release of zelda, but when zelda released it was the first gold kart ever.

Then with the adventure of link, you didn't know if it was going to be a good game or not. You had a single screen shot from your sears catalog. There was no internet. There was no "watch youtube to find out how to beat a game". You either found that mallet to progress in zelda 2 or a friend did or you were sol unless you opted to sped the $1.99 per minute to call up the nintendo "cheat line" where they would tell you how to beat a game lol!

We didn't have 1000+ skyrim strategy guides.

I remember zelda 2 coming out and calling up stores to see which ones had any is stock and getting 1 of 3 left at sears when my dad got home from work.

Non NES kids will never know that experience. There was no "game stop" or video game exchange when NES launched. you either trade borrowed games with your friends or you had to wait until you had another $50 for a game.

NES era, back when REAL gaming happened.

Is this good in-store as well?  Last time I ordered an amiibo from Best Buy, they shoved it into a bubble mailer with a video game. 

Ordered it during the preowned buy 2 get one free.  The games all came in separate bubble mailers, when they could have fit in probably one or two at most.  Why is that?

It seems you can no longer trade in amiibo at GameStop. That sucks because I wanted to buy the Splatoon 3 pack and trade in Boy & Girl, and it also is bad because I wanted to buy some of the Super Mario series for cheap at their next sale.

Anyone work there and know if this is permanent or temporary? The website can't be searched for it, so I called the store and he said amiibo are showing no trade in value.

It seems you can no longer trade in amiibo at GameStop. That sucks because I wanted to buy the Splatoon 3 pack and trade in Boy & Girl, and it also is bad because I wanted to buy some of the Super Mario series for cheap at their next sale.

Anyone work there and know if this is permanent or temporary? The website can't be searched for it, so I called the store and he said amiibo are showing no trade in value.
Amiibo only were trading in for a $1 anyway.

This is going to make it much harder for me to get some of the newer figures. I understand not taking in skylanders or disney infinity because the shelves are flooded with them. The amiibos actually move off the shelf, at least the non-animal crossing ones do. Of course this is probably mostly due to the B2G3 free sale.

Just be patient and wait for the best buy sales

Amiibo only were trading in for a $1 anyway.
I actually got $3.50 or so for each of the other 2 Animal Crossing ones I traded in from the 3-pack (so I could keep KK Slider). Was hoping to do that again with Splatoon. Of course that was right as the market was sliding from over-saturation, and not the complete free-fall that it's in now. I will try to wait as the other person above said (and hope Best Buy will do $5 new on those eventually as well).

Well that's the last time I buy more than 1 amiibo in an order from Amazon...

2016-12-05%2017.06.39.jpg

2016-12-05%2017.06.48.jpg

2016-12-05%2017.06.57.jpg

Keep in mind these are the replacements for the original order which arrived damaged in much the same way.

That's just hurtful. I have never had that happen with Amazon. I'm use to it from Best Buy but it doesn't matter to me since I open mine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back