amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo has a long history of selling fans different plastic peripherals and then their functionality falls by the wayside.
Not entirely fair when it comes to the amiibos. There have already been numerous instances of amiibo support getting added to games that had already been released without such support. (through patches) There have also been many instances of new games coming out that included support for amiibos that had already been released earlier that were designed for other games. Given the flexibility of NFC reading, there's no reason to think that any of these approaches will change with the Switch. A lot of Switch games will likely feature support for existing amiibos.

Oh, don't get me wrong. They'll make new amiibos and try to sell those as well. That's happening. Nintendo has already seen what kind of profits they can make off of plastic peripherals. They just aren't going to abandon their existing amiibos. Not when there's a chance to boost interest and demand for them with cheap digital content. It doesn't cost them much at all to include amiibo support in a first-party game. It's a little bit of extra effort in the development stage, but once that's done there is zero overhead for that sort of thing. You can be certain that Breath of the Wild will feature support for every Zelda-themed amiibo released so far.

Not entirely fair when it comes to the amiibos. There have already been numerous instances of amiibo support getting added to games that had already been released without such support. (through patches) There have also been many instances of new games coming out that included support for amiibos that had already been released earlier that were designed for other games. Given the flexibility of NFC reading, there's no reason to think that any of these approaches will change with the Switch. A lot of Switch games will likely feature support for existing amiibos.

Oh, don't get me wrong. They'll make new amiibos and try to sell those as well. That's happening. Nintendo has already seen what kind of profits they can make off of plastic peripherals. They just aren't going to abandon their existing amiibos. Not when there's a chance to boost interest and demand for them with cheap digital content. It doesn't cost them much at all to include amiibo support in a first-party game. It's a little bit of extra effort in the development stage, but once that's done there is zero overhead for that sort of thing. You can be certain that Breath of the Wild will feature support for every Zelda-themed amiibo released so far.
Yeah, I agree "N" will milk their fan base when ever possible, but I don't see them coming out with a new type of Amiibo, as they will just add support to the NS games, and then be able to sale the ones sitting on store shelves, as well as any new ones that are released later.

Where "N" is far from perfect, they have been getting better in regards to recycling certain things. The DS has been using the same AC adapter for awhile now, and even the NES Classic uses the Wii attachment ports, so if you have controllers from the Wii, they can still be used. So it does appear to me at least, that they have been trying to unify things, although slow and poorly, but at least I'm seeing an effort.

Now I don't know if the NS will continue to use the AC adapters that they have been used for the 3DS, and I pray for their sake they actually include a charger with the NS(at least a USB charger of some kind), and since the NS seems to be pretty much wireless, who knows if any of the past wireless controller will sinc with it, but they may.

I don't really agree with that sentiment. They will probably just make new ones. Nintendo has a long history of selling fans different plastic peripherals and then their functionality falls by the wayside.
Adding to what the others mentioned, Nintendo has already shown that new amiibo doesn't necessarily mean new compatibility. The Super Mario and Kirby series amiibo are functionally the same as their Smash counterparts outside of one or two exceptions, so even if they do make more amiibo for Switch games, there's no reason to believe that it wouldn't be the same: Mario amiibo is Mario amiibo, Link amiibo is Link amiibo, etc.

Now I don't know if the NS will continue to use the AC adapters that they have been used for the 3DS, and I pray for their sake they actually include a charger with the NS(at least a USB charger of some kind), and since the NS seems to be pretty much wireless, who knows if any of the past wireless controller will sinc with it, but they may.
The rumor I've seen based on the Fallon premiere video is that the NS uses a micro USB port for charging.

Adding to what the others mentioned, Nintendo has already shown that new amiibo doesn't necessarily mean new compatibility. The Super Mario and Kirby series amiibo are functionally the same as their Smash counterparts outside of one or two exceptions, so even if they do make more amiibo for Switch games, there's no reason to believe that it wouldn't be the same: Mario amiibo is Mario amiibo, Link amiibo is Link amiibo, etc.
For sure. Meaning new (and old) amiibos aren't going to add anything of relevance to functionality on the Switch. Mario is still Mario, like you said. But Nintendo will still make new versions of mostly the same characters, just to sell them.

I really don't think most adults are buying amiibos for their functionality either. Although I could be wrong about that.

I also don't believe Nintendo is manufacturing amiibos with their functionality in mind. It's just about profits. There has been nothing in the way of game design revolution in regards to amiibos. It's just simple skins, graphics, etc shoehorned in at the last minute. Plus it has been proven for years that people are going to buy them regardless of their functionality; Nintendo has little incentive to improve amiibo functionality.

Perhaps they go another route and design a system of games designed around amiibos that will boost interest in the figues as well as sales. But judging from the previous generation and the crappy animal crossing games, I sincerely doubt anything will be improved. I expect it to be more of the same.

As a collector, I don't miss the limited supply nonsense AT ALL. As a former retail worker, I absolutely miss the limited supply nonsense because nothing, and I mean NOTHING, could top ruining the days of neckbeards and rude scalpers.

I will never forget the neckbeard we almost managed to bring to tears when we wouldn't sell him an extra Meta Knight despite the giant "limit one per customer" sign clearly on display. I'll never forget the scalper who would order every copy of an amiibo we had in the store for pick up and super gluing the pick up labels on the packaging. So many happy memories that hopefully can be resurrected one day...

Drat, I missed out on pre-ordering the new Zelda series of amiibo. They went live on Amazon last night, while I was out and about. Now I'll have to actually show up at a store on launch day. I had been hoping to avoid that.

Drat, I missed out on pre-ordering the new Zelda series of amiibo. They went live on Amazon last night, while I was out and about. Now I'll have to actually show up at a store on launch day. I had been hoping to avoid that.
Best Buy still has them up and Amazon will come back I'm sure they are not sold out

Don't you guys remember the same thing happened with the Zelda Amiibos that released a couple months ago? Preorders kept getting sold out and put back up again, and despite that they have been easy to get ever since they launched

B1G1 free at Toys R Us this week. I caught the deals from Best Buy at the very last second today... They were marking up the Amiibos for the week. Got Mega Man and Pit for 9.99 each and used the 10 bucks off email....

Did I miss the pricetag?! How much are they?

I stopped collecting with the recent Mario and Zelda amiibo. They largely seemed redundant, and the new characters have become cheap since launch.
$15.99 for the four regular, $19.99 for the huge Guardian with opposable arm things.

I grabbed the Wind Waker Toon Link/Zelda 2-pack along with the Splatoon Callie/Marie 2-pack as part of the BOGO sale at Toys R Us since it seems like Best Buy doesn't carry them anymore.

$25.99 before tax (only $6.50 per figure) with free shipping, so not too shabby.

I grabbed the Wind Waker Toon Link/Zelda 2-pack along with the Splatoon Callie/Marie 2-pack as part of the BOGO sale at Toys R Us since it seems like Best Buy doesn't carry them anymore.

$25.99 before tax (only $6.50 per figure) with free shipping, so not too shabby.
Thanks for the tip; I got the same thing today in-store along with the 8-bit Link and the OoT Link. $40 + tax for six of the newer Amiibo sounds like a great deal for me!

Hm.. Wonder if I could combine the BOGO with the clearance prices at the Toys R Us that's closing in my area.
Nope. They wound up coming up to $12.60. I'm not crazy about Amiibo in the first place, so I didn't feel like spending that much right now.

It's a shame too; I found a Gold Mario and (regular) Luigi that someone tucked away. Getting both for under $7 would have been sweet.

I finished up the newer mario party Amiibo set and grabbed the ocarina link and windwaker pack which I combined with a lego scooby team pack. Nice deals. Thanks for the heads up. I don't care much for the 8 bit link but I would still buy it if was a little cheaper.

This Friday and Saturday (January 20th and 21st), Best Buy will have the Skylanders Superchargers starter packs on sale for $4.99 ($3.99 with GCU). The Wii U version comes with the Donkey Kong Skymiibo and the Wii version comes with the Bowser Skymiibo. I'm sure you could recoup most or all of your money if you resold the rest of the stuff in the pack

This Friday and Saturday (January 20th and 21st), Best Buy will have the Skylanders Superchargers starter packs on sale for $4.99 ($3.99 with GCU). The Wii U version comes with the Donkey Kong Skymiibo and the Wii version comes with the Bowser Skymiibo. I'm sure you could recoup most or all of your money if you resold the rest of the stuff in the pack
Prices are live now. Grabbed the DK and Bowser packs, thanks.

Damn, I thought the $10 I paid for them at Gamestop was great. =/ For those that don't know the Wii version is a completely different game, it's a racing game vs being an adventure game. It's OOS online, good luck trying to find these in store!

Have you noticed that no journalists or youtubers have asked Reggie or Nintendo interview questions about how amiibos will be used on the Switch?  No one cares about the functionality. 

Have you noticed that no journalists or youtubers have asked Reggie or Nintendo interview questions about how amiibos will be used on the Switch? No one cares about the functionality.
Is there really anything else to add? They didn't add much to the Wii U, all they showed was how they would register with the joy-con.

The Wii U version can only be shipped for me, and they want to charge $3.99 for shipping.  No Wii version in store around here.  Think I'm just gonna pass.  If I had free shipping, I'd definitely get the Wii U version.

You could always throw down a couple pre-orders, use the Visa Checkout $25 off $100 promo, get your free shipping, and decide whether or not to keep the pre-orders later. That's what I did.

You could always throw down a couple pre-orders, use the Visa Checkout $25 off $100 promo, get your free shipping, and decide whether or not to keep the pre-orders later. That's what I did.
I've had Best Buy retroactively charge me shipping on an order when I returned a game I didn't want in-store that brought me below the free shipping threshold.

The Zelda BOTW Amiibos are up for preorder at GameStop both online and in store

My store had a sheet that said they were allotted only 6 of each Zelda BOTW Amiibo preorder. I didn't think Amiibos would be tough to get anymore but if you want them then I'd preorder them and not risk it. It is Zelda after all

I ordered them at GS just because I have a ton of credit there :p

The Wii U version can only be shipped for me, and they want to charge $3.99 for shipping. No Wii version in store around here. Think I'm just gonna pass. If I had free shipping, I'd definitely get the Wii U version.
Same thing happened to me so I placed an order for pick-up.

Then I went back and tried again and it game me free shipping for some reason so I cancelled the in store one. (this was all at like 2am EST last night)

And yeah like most of you no Wii versions anywhere near me.

I've had Best Buy retroactively charge me shipping on an order when I returned a game I didn't want in-store that brought me below the free shipping threshold.
That would be interesting to see. I threw pre-orders on for Sea of Thieves and Dead Island 2 so I could stack all the BB goodness together. At this point, I'm hoping both games justify keeping the pre-orders. Neither of them has a release date yet though...and there have been rumblings that Dead Island 2 could end up getting canceled altogether. At least i have plenty of time to let it play out. :)

16 bucks? Damn. The people who scored the bundle with this and the game for $25 on Black Friday got a deal. Personally I wasn't brave enough to venture into Walmart on Black Friday. Actually, I just didn't want to deal with people, it really had nothing to do with bravery.
amiibo are easy to find these days so NOA raised the MSRP to combat that.

The new Zelda amiibos are just not very appealing.   The small lineup seems very poor for character representation.  You've got Link and Zelda and then there's three forgettable figures with yet another Link and two generic trash mobs.   Also the prices have gone up.   I think Nintendo missed the mark and misjudged things this time around.  I think most people will wait on purchasing these new amiibos. 

That could all change if they fleshed out the lineup some more.  The series could feel more collectable. 

bread's done
Back