amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wind Waker set looks great, but yeah a few of the choices they've made are head scratchers. I would've thought they'd make a Young Link, Darunia, Ruto, etc. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't release a line for Hyrule Warriors to be honest.

BestBuy put a couple more amiibo on clearance today. All appear to have free standard or 2-day shipping. No minimum purchase required.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=amiibo&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All%20Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Some new ones that I haven't seen this low before are:

Smash Bros Mewtwo $7.35 ($5.88 GCU)

Mario Series Mario $7.41 ($5.93 GCU)

Smash Bros Dark Pit $7.92 ($6.34 GCU)

Mario Series Toad $8.07 ($6.46 GCU)

Smash Bros Lucario $9.08 ($7.26 GCU)

The usual Animal Crossing Amiibo are still the same price.

Not sure who Alm and Celica are (other than from some Fire Emblem game) but like all FE amiibos, the figures sure look nice. Also earned free shipping by purchasing a Zelda Breath of the Wild amiibo. Shame my Zelda collection will never be complete after the WW 2 pack turned out to be one of the few rare ones made today. I returned the one I bought due to damaged packaging, and planned on picking it up again when they got some in store, or I could pair it with something I needed to get free shipping, but they ran out of stock before either happened, and it hasn't been listed in ages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure who Alm and Celica are (other than from some Fire Emblem game) but like all FE amiibos, the figures sure look nice. Also earned free shipping by purchasing a Zelda Breath of the Wild amiibo. Shame my Zelda collection will never be complete after the WW 2 pack turned out to be one of the few rare ones made today. I returned the one I bought due to damaged packaging, and planned on picking it up again when they got some in store, or I could pair it with something I needed to get free shipping, but they ran out of stock before either happened, and it hasn't been listed in ages.
Huh? That two pack with Link and Zelda from Wind Waker isn't rare at all. They still have it at GameStop online and in store, and I believe Target stll has it as well. It might not be the most common but it's definitely still attainable for MSRP. Six GS stores within 10 miles of me have it in stock

Here you go:

Zelda Windwaker 2 pack

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=113042666&cp=&parentPage=search

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LDWMHLI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Opened up my Poochy... And he looks like somebody socked him on the left side of his lip lol. A little disappointed but it sort of looks funny. Oh well

Opened up my Poochy... And he looks like somebody socked him on the left side of his lip lol. A little disappointed but it sort of looks funny. Oh well
Poochy is great, but it is kinda cheeseball they just shoved it in and folded the card down to make it fit in the box. And that little blocking sticker they put on the yarn ones REALLY didn't want to come off.

Tell me more?
You know how the Chibi Robo game/Amiibo bundle came with the Chibi Robo Amiibo in a smaller box than normal? Well, the Poochy and Yoshi bundle comes with the Poochy Amiibo in a normal sized Amiibo box. As a result, they literally bent the box at a 90 degree angle to fit it in the packaging. No perforations or anything

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/5rom54/nib_collectors_beware/

They also stuck the Poochy in the box in a rather weird way. He's like on his hind legs rather than his butt or on all fours. I'm not a NIB collector so it doesn't bother me, but anyone who is a NIB collector should definitely buy the Amiibo separately

You know how the Chibi Robo game/Amiibo bundle came with the Chibi Robo Amiibo in a smaller box than normal? Well, the Poochy and Yoshi bundle comes with the Poochy Amiibo in a normal sized Amiibo box. As a result, they literally bent the box at a 90 degree angle to fit it in the packaging. No perforations or anything

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/5rom54/nib_collectors_beware/

They also stuck the Poochy in the box in a rather weird way. He's like on his hind legs rather than his butt or on all fours. I'm not a NIB collector so it doesn't bother me, but anyone who is a NIB collector should definitely buy the Amiibo separately
I was curious about that. Thanks for letting us know. I'll just buy amiibo only when it gets cheaper. Im assuming the Wii U version and this the same game but on handheld instead? Same like Mario Maker

I'm hoping for another TRU B1G1 just after the release of the Fire Emblem twin pack in May so that I can pair it with the Zelda twin pack. Anyway have any advance knowledge that far out about sales?

But no co-op, which was my favorite part of Woolly World on WiiU :(
Co-op was fun on the console, but for a handheld it isn't really missed. They added a great "Poochy Run" mode that is a lot of fun, kind of like Rayman Jungle Run. They also added Yoshis for a lot of the Amiibo that came out after the WiiU version, however they do not have special skins for any of the Pokemon Amiibos or Shovel Knight.

Poochy can be added to the levels any time with the Amiibo, and you can double Yoshi with a Yarn Yoshi Amiibo - both make the game a little easier, but the new "Mellow Mode" shouldn't be used (it can be enabled anytime) unless you're REALLY frustrated with a level or under like 7. It gives Yoshi wings.

I visited Meijer this evening and they have an extra 25% off electronics clearance.

There were a number of amiibo half off on clearance including Callie & Marie two pack for $12.50 and a number of the early smash ones like Mario, Link, and Luigi for $6.49 before the 25% off. The Splatoon characters were a bit higher. YMMV of course.

Most of the clearance is also 50% off including some toys and sports things if you don't want to go for just amiibo.

I'm frustrated to see new Fire Emblem characters being produced, yet those of us still trying to finish a smash bros. set are still waiting on Corrin. 

I thought the last 3 Smash characters were being held for a Switch version of the game... but that hasn't even been discussed yet. They can't make us wait too long... (or can they?).

Walmart is selling Mario Party 10, Yoshi Woolly World, and Captain Toad all with Amiibo for $20.

Just wanted to give a heads up that they are out of stock online, but in store pickup works great!

Those are the fake Planet Robotbot ones that no one wants, not the real SSB ones.
I actually rather like the Planet Roboto Kirby figures. But I'm one of the weird people who enjoys the non-Smash Bros amiibos. I have all of the Animal Crossing amiibos.

I'm really looking forward to the new Zelda amiibos coming out on Friday. I'm going to have to leave the house early to try to pick them up at Target. As much as I want them, I am NOT going out for the midnight launches.

I actually rather like the Planet Roboto Kirby figures. But I'm one of the weird people who enjoys the non-Smash Bros amiibos. I have all of the Animal Crossing amiibos.

I'm really looking forward to the new Zelda amiibos coming out on Friday. I'm going to have to leave the house early to try to pick them up at Target. As much as I want them, I am NOT going out for the midnight launches.
At this point I can't stand the thought of buying amiibo that don't have the smash bases. So few non smash amiibo appeal to me at all, but if I were to start buying them, they would clash with the rest of my collection.

bread's done
Back