amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hunted a shooting star last night for the first time.  Yeesh, that was terrible.  Yeah I definitely wouldn't be doing that 15x+ or whatever to upgrade the cosmetic traditional link clothing you get as amiibo dlc. 

I was hoping the BotW amiibo would be made in sufficient quantities to get them at a discount, if not clearance, like the others.

What is the consensus... will Nintendo keep making these as long as Zelda sells well on the Switch? A re-issue when Wave 2 is announced? I want them but had enough trouble laying $12.95 before... and got lucky getting the 30th Anniv. on clearance for $10 (but not $6 :whistle2:( ).

What is the consensus... will Nintendo keep making these as long as Zelda sells well on the Switch? A re-issue when Wave 2 is announced? I want them but had enough trouble laying $12.95 before... and got lucky getting the 30th Anniv. on clearance for $10 (but not $6 :whistle2:( ).
Nobody really knows, just gotta wait and see. Zelda should sell well enough through to 2018

Yeah, I have all of them, and while I do think some of the rare items you can get are neat, they're just cosmetic. Here's a link to a post I made showing the clothing you can get: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/361753-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gameplay-discussion/?p=13659341

You can also get some various weapons from the respective games. Such as
Ganondorf's Sage sword from TP, Biggoron sword from OoT, Boomerang from WW, etc
I used all the stuff briefly for the fun of it, but the amiibo clothing is way too difficult to upgrade to be worth it, and the weapons are not super powerful by any means. They're neat to hang up, but that's about it.
I'm sorry; but what do you mean by "hang up" weapons?

I'm sorry; but what do you mean by "hang up" weapons?
I'll put this in spoilers I guess, it's related to a side quest:

In Hateno village, you can buy a house. Then you can pay the carpenters to upgrade the house in various ways, this includes mounts for weapons as "decoration". Super helpful as extra weapon storage as you can take them and leave them as you please.

A little zelda tip for enthusiastic amiibo collectors. Today I went through and tested all of my amiibo on Breath of the Wild. ALL of them. I have all of the physical amiibos, so it ended up being quite a lot. The Zelda-themed amiibos all provide some manner of special items along with a a smattering of useful resources. Any amiibo that is not Zelda-related simply drops resources.

The thing is, picking up all of those resources provides you with some distinct in-game advantages. I had just recently gotten to the second major village. There was a house for sale, for a decently substantial sum. I stopped by a cook-pot, took all of those resources that my amiibo had provided for me, and cooked all of them up. Then I went and sold most of the completed meals and elixirs I had produced. Not all, I saved the choicest and most powerful for later use, but most. I was able to pay for the house, purchased every potential upgrade for the house, bought a complete suit of armour for myself, and still rolled out of town with around 10,000 rupees in my pocket.

Using amiibo in this game can be a quick and easy way to get in-game cash money.

A little zelda tip for enthusiastic amiibo collectors. Today I went through and tested all of my amiibo on Breath of the Wild. ALL of them. I have all of the physical amiibos, so it ended up being quite a lot. The Zelda-themed amiibos all provide some manner of special items along with a a smattering of useful resources. Any amiibo that is not Zelda-related simply drops resources.

The thing is, picking up all of those resources provides you with some distinct in-game advantages. I had just recently gotten to the second major village. There was a house for sale, for a decently substantial sum. I stopped by a cook-pot, took all of those resources that my amiibo had provided for me, and cooked all of them up. Then I went and sold most of the completed meals and elixirs I had produced. Not all, I saved the choicest and most powerful for later use, but most. I was able to pay for the house, purchased every potential upgrade for the house, bought a complete suit of armour for myself, and still rolled out of town with around 10,000 rupees in my pocket.

Using amiibo in this game can be a quick and easy way to get in-game cash money.
Why buy a horse? Just scan smash link.

I'll put this in spoilers I guess, it's related to a side quest:
In Hateno village, you can buy a house. Then you can pay the carpenters to upgrade the house in various ways, this includes mounts for weapons as "decoration". Super helpful as extra weapon storage as you can take them and leave them as you please.
Oh wow that's awesome; I'll have to do that. Thanks for quick response!

Oh what the hell I need to buy a house! Thanks for the tips guys
Well, as near as I can tell, you don't actually "need" to buy the house. While it does provide certain advantages, it's not part of the main quest. You can take it or leave it, it's up to you. It's not exactly on the main road, either, so I imagine some players will never even see it. But I saw it, and I bought it with the fat stacks of rupees that I have crowding up my inventory. I had managed to finish the two wicked-hard combat challenge shrines the day prior, and I used the weapon display stands in the house to showcase the fruits of my conquest.

Well, as near as I can tell, you don't actually "need" to buy the house. While it does provide certain advantages, it's not part of the main quest. You can take it or leave it, it's up to you. It's not exactly on the main road, either, so I imagine some players will never even see it. But I saw it, and I bought it with the fat stacks of rupees that I have crowding up my inventory. I had managed to finish the two wicked-hard combat challenge shrines the day prior, and I used the weapon display stands in the house to showcase the fruits of my conquest.
That's just a sound business decision. The real estate market should start to boom following the fall of Ganon. Buy low, sell high.

Ha, this was almost my same exact experience! (Except I didn't amiibo farm, I just sold off all the gems and expensive food I made by chance). But I had just fought those same two shrines, and then used the weapon mounts to display the better weapons I got as a reward.

Can you get more of the game tags that come with the powersaves? Much easier if had 5 or 10 of them than unloading amiibo files
That's what I've been wondering. I haven't been able to find anything anywhere though. It seems like the only thing to do is buy blank NFC tags and use them, but I don't know which is the right one. I wonder if you can just buy clearance amiibo like the AC line and overwrite the AC data with Zelda data. Then you can just remove the AC figure and have small Zelda Amiibo coins.

Smash Link is up on Amazon. Ship and sold by Amazon. In Stock March 23, 2017. Maybe Nintendo is shipping more?

Link Amiibo

[attachment=25955:link.png]

Went to a couple of Gamestops today and they had clearance stickers on most of their amiibo's. Picked up Robin for myself. They were $8.97. 

Anyone else have a Walmart that is clearancing out the BotW amiibo for $11? I didn't get any at the one I saw because they were gone but the shelf tags were there. I grabbed the last $6 Wario and $9 Waluigi and Daisy.

So now I've been stopping at Walmarts all over and only see the BotW amiibo for full price... mostly cleaned out, but the full price shelf tags are there for all of them.

I know Walmart clearance is always huge YMMV, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen the $11 BotW ones and I should keep looking or just give it up.

Anyone else have a Walmart that is clearancing out the BotW amiibo for $11? I didn't get any at the one I saw because they were gone but the shelf tags were there. I grabbed the last $6 Wario and $9 Waluigi and Daisy.

So now I've been stopping at Walmarts all over and only see the BotW amiibo for full price... mostly cleaned out, but the full price shelf tags are there for all of them.

I know Walmart clearance is always huge YMMV, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen the $11 BotW ones and I should keep looking or just give it up.
Get the sku for the botw Amiibo and check brickseek. The price that will come up will be the current in store price

As a collector, I don't miss the limited supply nonsense AT ALL. As a former retail worker, I absolutely miss the limited supply nonsense because nothing, and I mean NOTHING, could top ruining the days of neckbeards and rude scalpers.

I will never forget the neckbeard we almost managed to bring to tears when we wouldn't sell him an extra Meta Knight despite the giant "limit one per customer" sign clearly on display. I'll never forget the scalper who would order every copy of an amiibo we had in the store for pick up and super gluing the pick up labels on the packaging. So many happy memories that hopefully can be resurrected one day...
What's a neckbeard?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks like a mixed bag at you store: never heard of one clearancing out BOTW, but many of them are now selling Wario and Waluigi for $3.

At this point, if Nintendo isn't reprinting every Zelda-related amiibo, then they're just proving that they really don't like money...

Imagine that...you actually tie worthwhile content to your gimmick and people will want it...

At this point, if Nintendo isn't reprinting every Zelda-related amiibo, then they're just proving that they really don't like money...

Imagine that...you actually tie worthwhile content to your gimmick and people will want it...
Nintendo has its hands full trying to produce 2ds, 3ds, switches and games. Amiibos are probably on the back burner. Also, stores will want to get the amiibos and last i checked, most stores put them on clearance. Not sure they will want to get stocked with items that they couldn't sell the first time. Amazon will take them though.

Seems that Gamestop is starting to clear out the last of the Megaman Legacy Collector's Editions with the Gold Megaman Amiibo for $29.97. I managed to snag one in Montclair, CA while on my way to LA for the weekend.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/mega-man-legacy-collection-collectors-edition/126782

The several dozen I saw last night have dwindled to three. If you were on the fence like I was or missed the Target clearance from awhile back, this may be your last chance to get it for cheap.

Anybody willing to help me out with getting a Sheik and Ganondorf Amiibo? I tried brickseek, it says it's instock at walmart where I'm at, but I called, they claimed they didn't have any of them :(.

I randomly found a pristine SSB link amiibo at toysrus.  They also were fully stocked of the BotW series.  Maybe it was delivery day?  Or hype and demand is dying?

YMMV but I just picked up a the alternate color Splatoon amiibo 3 pack from Meijer for $8.75 at 75% off. The individual boy and girl were in the $3-4 range.

Be ready now before the Splatoon 2 rush.

Be ready now before the Splatoon 2 rush.
This is good advice. We saw the supply for Zelda-anniversary and Zelda smash bros amiibos dwindle, and the demand skyrocket, after the release of Breath of the Wild. If Splatoon 2 manages to gain a decent audience, it will likely inflate the value for the original Splatoon amiibos. If Zelda is anything to go by, those original Splatoon amiibos will unlock some manner of desirable content in the new splatoon game above and beyond what a non-Splatoon amiibo might unlock.

With the prices being what they are, and a lot of big-box retailers clearing out over-stock from that line, the time to pick up original Splatoon amiibos is NOW.

bread's done
Back