amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So the BBY ones are still in stock? I'm in a different country right now in vacation and I couldn't add it to my cart. Not sure if it's blocking me because I'm out of the US.
Yes, I just ordered them a few minutes ago. My guess is they will likely be in stock for a while though that is hard to tell considering how many people have been waiting for these.

All I want is the original Cloud. Hopefully that one from Best Buy is the one I just pre-ordered...no picture.
Same, if it ends up being the recolor I'll just cancel or try to swap it for the original.

I missed the Direct, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Do we know if anything's going to be exclusive? Specifically the LoZ amiibos, noticed only Skyward Sword had a listing on Amazon.

Same, if it ends up being the recolor I'll just cancel or try to swap it for the original.

I missed the Direct, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Do we know if anything's going to be exclusive? Specifically the LoZ amiibos, noticed only Skyward Sword had a listing on Amazon.
It said exclusive to some retailers and such. No specifics.

I don't know why people are sweating it. There hasn't been an amiibo shortage since Wave 3 of Smash.

The fact that these haven't sold out in like 5 minutes should tell you they're gonna be easy enough to find around release.

I don't know why people are sweating it. There hasn't been an amiibo shortage since Wave 3 of Smash.

The fact that these haven't sold out in like 5 minutes should tell you they're gonna be easy enough to find around release.
Right? Look how ridiculously easy it is to get a 30th Anniversary Zelda or a Guardian amiibo right now!

Just like Nintendo adjusted inventory up to meet perceived demand, they'll adjust down as well. It's only a matter of time before another underprinting. What's great about that is people will crawl out of the woodwork when that happens kicking and screaming about Nintendo making too few. Nintendo can't win here.

I don't have to wait until they hit rock-bottom $5-6 clearance to feel good about purchasing new amiibos.  The GCU discount getting them for $10.40 each is perfectly acceptable to me.  Been waiting to finish this Smash lineup forever. 

The online Nintendo store has Robin available: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=2&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod880153&categoryId=cat860034

It's one of the last (released) SSB Amiiibo figures I need, but I don't feel like paying $19 after shipping and tax.
GameStop also has Robin for $8.97 - my local stores have them as well as online.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/robin-amiibo-figure/121079

If what happened with Zelda amiibos is any indication, it might be wise to start scooping up those clearanced Splatoons ones in the wet works.

If what happened with Zelda amiibos is any indication, it might be wise to start scooping up those clearanced Splatoons ones in the wet works.
Yes, becvause nintendo didn't notice it and will simply flood the market with them this time around.

If you want them, get them now simply because its cheap and before gamestop raises the price on them again.

anecdotal, but all of the Breath of the Wild amiibos were readily available in my neck of the woods (upstate NY) for a solid two weeks after launch. In fact, after the first week it seemed like Guardian was a dud because I was still seeing a bunch of them (like boboklin) sitting on shelves. It was only once I started to read that they were disappearing elsewhere that it started to happen here- my guess was hoardo started grabbing them all.
Anyway, all that to say that if you really wanted those five amiibo, there was time to get them. Hell, come to think of it, those launched during the Target buy 2 get 1 sale and there was still plenty of stock at the local Targets after that sale.

anecdotal, but all of the Breath of the Wild amiibos were readily available in my neck of the woods (upstate NY) for a solid two weeks after launch. In fact, after the first week it seemed like Guardian was a dud because I was still seeing a bunch of them (like boboklin) sitting on shelves. It was only once I started to read that they were disappearing elsewhere that it started to happen here- my guess was hoardo started grabbing them all.
Anyway, all that to say that if you really wanted those five amiibo, there was time to get them. Hell, come to think of it, those launched during the Target buy 2 get 1 sale and there was still plenty of stock at the local Targets after that sale.
Guardian and Zelda were pretty scarce right after release in my area. I ended up getting the last Guardian from my local Gamestop the day after release and ordered Zelda and the other 3 online at Best Buy a day later when they had a restock of Zelda and Guardian.

I ended up getting the last Guardian
This made me think of Trico, the "Last Guardian", of course that was a Sony game, and they don't make amiibos. Too bad the statue that came with the collector's edition of Last Guardian wasn't a very good sculpt.

Looks like the Link Twilight Amiibo and the Cloud Player 2 Amiibo are GameStop exclusives. Presumably Best Buy and Amazon will each have an exclusive Link and Player 2 Amiibo as well

Most of the new amiibo are available to pre-order in-Store at GS with it seeming Twilight Princess Link and Player 2 Cloud are exclusives. Amazon has Skyward Sword Link and Player 2 Corrin on their site, so that makes me think those are their exclusives.

Edit: beat me to the punch about GS exclusives.

damn. gamestop you sly bastard. basicly 40 bucks for 2 amiibo.. hate exclusives.. ill have to try my luck in store come launch day...

I was never into amiibos until I got a Switch and BoTW, so I'd like to think I learned my lesson after paying $70 for a Toon Link and Zelda combo, and having to go to 3 different stores (online) just to get the other ones from the BoTW collection. I'll definitely be getting the new ones as soon ass they're available online.

$4.99 EACH for shipping is some real garbage. I'll see if I can put in a pre-order on my way home, but that's absurd.

Preorders are available in store for those who want the exclusives and don't want to pay for shipping. I would hurry though, my store only had 2 to 4 preorders available for each of the newly announced Amiibos

Can't any of these GS one's be preordered in store, and then no shipping charges? Then you also have a better chance of having it not be damaged.

I suppose I should have bought the Zelda: BotW amiibos when I had the chance.  But honestly, they just aren't that appealing.  I didn't want to support the $16 prices either, that's a completely unnecessary price hike.  So I guess I missed out.  Oh well.  They aren't very cool. 

I suppose I should have bought the Zelda: BotW amiibos when I had the chance. But honestly, they just aren't that appealing. I didn't want to support the $16 prices either, that's a completely unnecessary price hike. So I guess I missed out. Oh well. They aren't very cool.
I remember having the chance to get them during the last Target B2G1, but feeling the same way. Wasn't cool with the price hike, and really only wanted the 30th Anniversary Link, so that's the only one I got. Luckily I'm not sweating the others because Zelda isn't a huge franchise for me.

The remaining Smash amiibos, however, I will need to acquire. Got the entire set up to now so they are a must.

I suppose I should have bought the Zelda: BotW amiibos when I had the chance. But honestly, they just aren't that appealing. I didn't want to support the $16 prices either, that's a completely unnecessary price hike. So I guess I missed out. Oh well. They aren't very cool.
10044019.jpg

They should have made Moblin and Lizalfos amiibos.  Maybe a speckled Bokoblin.  They definitely should have made Lynel as well as amiibos for each the race champions.  BotW series missed its mark.  No one wants archer link and horse link. Hinox and Stone Talus could have been cool too. 

Placed an order online with that RIDICULOUS shipping charge. I'll cancel as soon as I can get an instore pre order. Called my closest GS and they said they were out of pre orders.

i would have liked to see more variety in the anniversary zelda figures too. i already got like 6 links. maybe skull kid. or sum gorons. or the zoras. ravio! 

Ugh all these store exclusives and player 2 versions. I already ordered cloud, bayonetta, and link from BB.

So the only GS exclusives i need to preorder are TP link and player 2 cloud?

Ugh all these store exclusives and player 2 versions. I already ordered cloud, bayonetta, and link from BB.

So the only GS exclusives i need to preorder are TP link and player 2 cloud?
Yes. Skyward Sword and P2 Corrin are Amazon-exclusive, but not live yet. It hasn't been announced yet where MM Link and P2 Bayonetta will be.

This is getting really confusing already. Can anyone provide the breakdown of the variants and which retailer is getting exclusive what? Is there a chart of some kind floating around?  

bread's done
Back