amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting really confusing already. Can anyone provide the breakdown of the variants and which retailer is getting exclusive what? Is there a chart of some kind floating around?
Store exclusive amiibo

Amazon: Corrin Player 2, SS Link

GameStop: Cloud Player 2, TP Link

Best Buy or ToysRUs?: Bayonetta Player 2, MM Link

Locked in both Gamestop Exclusive Amiibos at the store & a set of Yellow Neon Joycons.

The guy at the register had no idea about the Yellow Joycon & he was very excited.

Said he would try to get his own pre-order after the store cleared up  :rofl:

Sorry as cannot get the  graph to work.

Thank you again Nintendo for making this hard for fans. fuck

Ran over to GS during lunch to get a TP Link pre-order. The clerk showed me the list of new Amiibo that can be pre-ordered, and there's a new Pikmin figure coming that I hadn't heard about in the news. Got pre-orders in for both.

Then I saw that BB also has pre-orders up for the Pikmin figure, so I got one from them. I really hope BB has the MM Link, I want to maximize that GCU savings.

*looks at frantic people in thread

*looks at amiibo powersaves hanging off the laptop

*quietly laughs to self

Were the Robins that are over saturating every Gamestop ever "OMG HTF R@RE"?

I grabbed the SSB amiibo from Best Buy and that's about it. I'm not going crazy over all these variants of the same characters, that is what killed the World of Nintendo figures for me.

Picked up the GS exclusive ones earlier. They really are getting pretty low hold numbers at local stores although you never know how this will go. 

Good thing MM Link's the only one of those variants I actually care about. Would have preferred Fierce Deity or Majora Skull Kid, but whatever. Here's hoping Best Buy's the lucky retailer to get it.

Allotments of twilight princess amiibo are pretty low in store for preorder. My normal store sold out already and one of the bigger stores in the area only got 9 to preorder.

Update: 

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Link amiibo Figure (GS Exclusive OOS), Even some people already reported in-store won't accept anymore pre-order as well. 

Good Luck to the rest.

Nintendo and the stores must love all the free hype generation from this thread and other sites.  You should all demand they pay you.

I, for one, am excited for amiibos to get back to the good ole days of being in-demand again.  Where the conversation is interesting and the hunt is half the fun.  It's about damn time.  Amiibos have been boring for too long. 

Why would anyone WANT Amiibos to be scarce again...? It's nothing but bad for the consumer. Unless you're a reseller of course :nottalking:
I don't want them to be, but I think non-reseller collectors who already got theirs like to think they have something rare.

I thought I could avoid the entire amiibo thing after witnessing the original craze, but now that I see they actually have uses in some games, I got sucked in for a few.

Gad more about Nothing discussions. We've already had all the nothing discussions we possibly can.

I, for one, am excited about the amiibo. They've outdone themselves with Corrin, Bayonetta, and Cloud. I even love both versions of each amiibo! I will be picking up each of them for sure.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed in SS and TP Link. They're a step down from the 30th Anni and BotW amiibo unfortunately.

July, eh? I wonder if they're launching Smash 4 on Switch then.
Definitely not. That's the same day Splatoon 2 comes out, and they wouldn't release them both in the same month, let alone on the same day. They're probably just shipping the Smash Amiibo the same day as the Splatoon Amiibo since it'd be more convenient for them and the retailers

If they made a Smash this year it'd be a "GotY" port of the Wii U version and release this holiday at best

They seem to be trying to release 1 big game every 4-6 weeks.

So it's safe to say that after splatoon 2 we're going to see at least 4 more big 1st party IP games before the end of the year 5 at best. We know Mario will probably be November.

Fire Emblem Warriors & Xenoblade 2 are expected this year and ofcourse Smash port.

I doubt you'll see 4 or 5 more big first party ips out this year unless you are including mario fire emblem warriors and xenoblade in that number.

If you are then yeah I can see one or two more wii u ports this year.

I have a feeling Bayonetta and majoras mask are best buy exclusives. I don't know if it's been posted but my inkling boy and girl orders from best buy show this as the model:

Nintendo amiiboSplatoon 2 Inkling Girl
Model: AMIIBO MAJORA'S MASK
SKU: 5852305

Nintendo amiiboSplatoon 2 Inkling Boy
Model: AMIIBO BAYONETTA
SKU: 5852302

Did they? Or not cause preorders weren't open
Almost positive they sold out, they listed them on their Twitter. When I went to check it says OOS. Only new amiibo they have in stock for preorder is OG Corrin. Amazon.jp hasn't put up the link amiibos yet. They did for the others though. Link amiibos are also available at game.co.uk or ebgames Australia (have to use forwarding service for EB)

Got a P2 Cloud preorder in at GS after work but the store only had an allocation of 5 for TP Link, so I was out of luck there. Got all of the regulars preordered from BBY for in-store pickup at my usual store. Guess I'll just have to hope I happen to be looking at my phone in the 30 second window the other exclusives will be up at their respective sites or it's off to importing for me since I open mine for display.

Almost positive they sold out, they listed them on their Twitter. When I went to check it says OOS. Only new amiibo they have in stock for preorder is OG Corrin. Amazon.jp hasn't put up the link amiibos yet. They did for the others though. Link amiibos are also available at game.co.uk or ebgames Australia (have to use forwarding service for EB)
fuck I see a listing on Amazon Japan for the majoas mask but it's third party

It's quite frustrating that they have to make these so annoyingly difficult to get a hold of, especially retail exclusive nonsense that everyone hates.

So if I want both Bayonettas and the Links where do I need to look at exactly?

It's quite frustrating that they have to make these so annoyingly difficult to get a hold of, especially retail exclusive nonsense that everyone hates.

Gamestop good luck
Amazon noting and idk who has majoas mask exclusive

Links are exclusive to retailers. Gamestop gets Twilight Princess, Amazon gets Skyward Sword, it's currently unknown who gets Majora's Mask.

Standard Bayonetta is available at all retailers who stock amiibo. It hasn't been announced yet where P2 Bayonetta is; theoretically it's the same place as Majora's Mask Link since neither have been revealed yet.

Overseas where they aren't exclusive to any retailer.

bread's done
Back