amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the local Gamestop at 7:30 and they had 2 left of TP Link and 4 left of Cloud Player 2.  Preordered one of each.

Here we go again.

I have a feeling Bayonetta and majoras mask are best buy exclusives. I don't know if it's been posted but my inkling boy and girl orders from best buy show this as the model:

Nintendo amiiboSplatoon 2 Inkling Girl
Model: AMIIBO MAJORA'S MASK
SKU: 5852305

Nintendo amiiboSplatoon 2 Inkling Boy
Model: AMIIBO BAYONETTA
SKU: 5852302
I have them preordered as insurance but I see nothing that lists them as such.

So went ahead & ordered Inkling Boy & Girl from last gen along with Sonic just to collect him & TRU messed up my order. I know have 2 Sonics & 2 Inkling Boys. Don't know why. I hope they don't charge me again, don't really wanna go back there again, the crew is a bit lazy.

I was able to pre-order two Link TPs from GameStop. He told me they are only releasing 20,000 and that is it. So my advice is if you want it, you need to pre-order it.

I was just looking st the page and don't see that anywhere
it's not on the site. it showed up in the order confirmation email. I think it's just a mistake entry somewhere on best buys end. I'll get the correct amiibos but interesting they even have majoras mask somewhere in the system.

FYI: Remembered all Amiibos store exclusive or not exclusive soon will re-release national wide to every retailers.  Unless re-release with different look.  I don't believe gamestop only have 20,000 print on Zelda. If they do have 20,000 print! Only 5,000 - 10,000 for pre-order and the rest will be bundle up with HIGH PRICE item. 

FYI: Remembered all Amiibos store exclusive or not exclusive soon will re-release national wide to every retailers. Unless re-release with different look. I don't believe gamestop only have 20,000 print on Zelda. If they do have 20,000 print! Only 5,000 - 10,000 for pre-order and the rest will be bundle up with HIGH PRICE item.
Gamestop exclusives (games, collectables) all seem to be way overproduced and eventually go on clearance for cheap. Look at the $10 PC indie steelbooks, Song of the Deep, Wii U Pokken Pro Pad Pikachu Controller, Project Cars Complete, etc. The only counterexample I can think of is the Ness Amiibo and maybe a couple other gen 1 Amiibo.

I'm thinking these last 3 SSB amiibo will be re-printed as well, probably when Switch Smash launches, and hopefully not as exclusives.

I was lucky enough to get the last two GameStop Cloud exclusives, so I'm hoping to trade one later for another exclusive I miss out on... which is all of the others right now.

How many of those Monster Hunter amiibo are coming to the U.S.? The game isn't as popular here as it is in Japan...

None of the Monster Hunter Stories Amiibo were announced to be coming to the US. Neither was the Box Boy Amiibo. I would guess they're not coming since those series are much less popular here, and since Monster Hunter Stories sold pretty poorly in Japan

Luckily the Monster Hunter Amiibo are cheap to import, but the Box Boy one is kinda expensive

None of the Monster Hunter Stories Amiibo were announced to be coming to the US. Neither was the Box Boy Amiibo. I would guess they're not coming since those series are much less popular here, and since Monster Hunter Stories sold pretty poorly in Japan

Luckily the Monster Hunter Amiibo are cheap to import, but the Box Boy one is kinda expensive
The western cover for MH:Stories has the amiibo logo on the top right of it. If they do bring em over they'll probably be more than the $15 they seem to be floating around for on Amazon at the moment.

I think Nintendo learned their lesson on reprints after the mass discounts on the last batch. I'd bet money that the days of overly abundant supply are over.

I think Nintendo learned their lesson on reprints after the mass discounts on the last batch. I'd bet money that the days of overly abundant supply are over.
I had that thought as well. I'm wondering if that's why Nintendo limited some amiibos from this batch again. They havnt done so in over a year. Wonder if they saw the oversupply in the last year basically led to them sitting on store shelves or being clearanced out. And Nintendo didn't like that.

My apologies. I was trying to relay information. I forgot this was the internet and people are a-holes.
Well, at least it seems like it was more that they were poking fun at the employee than you, if that makes it sting any less. I wouldn't take it personally, at least.

And on a different note, I managed to preorder Cloud 2 without fuss at a local Gamestop yesterday, so that's one less thing to worry about and I wanted to thank everyone for posting about it. Amazon's given absolutely no indication of when Corrin 2 is going on sale, right? It's getting tiring checking the listing every time I remember throughout the day. At least it seems that the Bayonetta version that I want isn't the retailer-exclusive one, unlike the other two. If the shipping from Amazon Japan wasn't over 150% of the price of the Amiibo itself (it comes out to about $16.50 for me), I'd just get female Corrin from them and call it a day.

And on a different note, I managed to preorder Cloud 2 without fuss at a local Gamestop yesterday, so that's one less thing to worry about and I wanted to thank everyone for posting about it. Amazon's given absolutely no indication of when Corrin 2 is going on sale, right?
Correct, unfortunately. The listings are up for the new round of amiibos but we have no idea when any will go live.

The western cover for MH:Stories has the amiibo logo on the top right of it. If they do bring em over they'll probably be more than the $15 they seem to be floating around for on Amazon at the moment.
Yeah, I was thinking I'd just wait, but I expect they'll be in the $16-20 Zelda range rather than $13. So, might save a few bucks in 6 months but no need to worry about production runs.

No one knows yet
Whew, ok, good. I was worried I already missed it. I'd much rather have long hair Bayonetta.

Edit: Also bit the bullet and ordered 2 of the Japanese MHS ones from Amazon. I would expect them to go for more than $15 when/if released in the US, and if I could find them.

bread's done
Back