amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting so tired of these store exclusives and "limited" prints. I used to really enjoy collecting Amiibo, but now I just want to sell off my entire collection. Plus, these "player 2" alternates and the plethora of TLoZ amiibo are really starting to drive me nuts.

I'm not sure I need alternate after alternate of the same goddamn character 😑

Edit: Also, $100 for TP Link? Wtf?

I'm getting so tired of these store exclusives and "limited" prints. I used to really enjoy collecting Amiibo, but now I just want to sell off my entire collection. Plus, these "player 2" alternates and the plethora of TLoZ amiibo are really starting to drive me nuts.

I'm not sure I need alternate after alternate of the same goddamn character

Edit: Also, $100 for TP Link? Wtf?
And if it's anything like before, they'll reprint them in huge numbers in six months and they'll rot on the shelf afterwards for months and months until there's another hype bubble.

The only time there's been issues is when all of a sudden people want the figures RIGHT NOW, either as they're being rolled out or after the fact when a new game adds new functionality.

I mean, I have a mostly complete collection of all the NA releases +/- one or two, and I've bought the vast majoirty of them on clearance or at a minimum a discount.

dont know if this is chain wide but i was able to preorder Cloud-player 2 (gamestop exclusive) at my local gamestop earlier. hehe! im happy!

Got MM amiibo. Still upset I got TP amiibo with that RIDICULOUS shipping price at GS

I haven't been following the thread in the past couple of weeks, but is Amazon the only place you can get the Corrin Player 2 figure?

Ugh I thought I was out of the amiibo game but ordered Link and Bayonetta since Amiibo seem to be getting rare again. Still kinda mad on all those times I passed on the Zelda related stuff

Ugh I thought I was out of the amiibo game but ordered Link and Bayonetta since Amiibo seem to be getting rare again. Still kinda mad on all those times I passed on the Zelda related stuff
The only desirable ones are the Zelda ones because of BotW, and the Player 2 Amiibos for some reason. And congratulations, you've fallen into Nintendo's artificial scarcity trap

I don't keep track of which exclusives come from where anymore, I just buy the SSB stuff as soon as it comes up. 

The only desirable ones are the Zelda ones because of BotW, and the Player 2 Amiibos for some reason. And congratulations, you've fallen into Nintendo's artificial scarcity trap
Silly fool, we were always in the trap, we had just forgotten about it.

And I missed out on the 8 Bit Link and Ocarina/Windwaker ones as well, I had saw them so much around launch I assumed they were common as well, not gonna pay 30-40+ each for them when theres still the decent chance of re-releases

I hopped on the pre-order for both of these, they were the two I wanted. My son and I love Zelda, and his favorite is Majora's Mask, so that one is a must, and I've always liked Bayonetta games (and prefer the classic Bayonetta 1 look). Not going for all the rest of the new ones, it was funny the only two I wanted of them were both delayed in allowing pre-orders and both went to Best Buy where I can use GCU.

I can do without Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, they really don't look all that special from the others, and Skyward Sword is a pretty terrible game anyways. Majora is the first version of Kid Link, so that is nice!

All I need now is Corrin Player 2 and I'm done for a while. It's amusing to me that I have probably half the animal crossing amiibo now because I've picked them up on clearance for $2-3 a piece without really intending on it. 

Honestly if you order multiple on the same account you're just asking for them all to get canceled
I think they actually allow you to order more than 1. That's why they worded it 1 per order, not 1 per customer/account. By doing this they still slow down and prevent people to order 10 or 100 all at once.

What are the chances of Nintendo releasing another wave of the Link - Twilight Princess Amiibo? All my gamestops around me are out of the pre-orders :(. I really don't feel like paying scapler pricing.

Also, have preorders for Corrin, Player 2 and Link - Skyward Sword?

What are the chances of Nintendo releasing another wave of the Link - Twilight Princess Amiibo? All my gamestops around me are out of the pre-orders :(. I really don't feel like paying scapler pricing.

Also, have preorders for Corrin, Player 2 and Link - Skyward Sword?
Probabilities are high that Nintendo will release more Twilight Links, eventually. But who knows if it'll be this year.

So it took GameStop 4ish hours to sell out of TP Link, and Best Buy 2ish hours to sell out of MM Link. Amazon better give us at least an hour window to get SS Link preordered...

So it took GameStop 4ish hours to sell out of TP Link, and Best Buy 2ish hours to sell out of MM Link. Amazon better give us at least an hour window to get SS Link preordered...
I was able to reserve TP Link a few days later in store at GS. Must of gone oos online only in 4 hours.

Got 3 links because I am not gonna be stupid like I was with the twilight princess link. Still mad I looked at the listing and never made an order. Oh yeah got 2 bayos as well. Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back