amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love P2 Bayonetta! 

I'm glad they picked her as one of the new Smash characters. I would've loved an Okami Amaterasu amiibo too, but I knew that was a long shot lol

But where's my VisaCheckout aka InstantAmiiboClearance Promo? I'm spoiled now...

Missed MM Link, which was the main one I wanted from this wave. Went to eBay to check prices because I'd be okay paying slightly over MSRP, but the prices are laughable. I really can't believe anyone would pay that much for an amiibo instead of waiting for an inevitable restock, but to each their own I guess.

Missed MM Link, which was the main one I wanted from this wave. Went to eBay to check prices because I'd be okay paying slightly over MSRP, but the prices are laughable. I really can't believe anyone would pay that much for an amiibo instead of waiting for an inevitable restock, but to each their own I guess.
Idiots are following the othe idiots after the breath of the wild craze. I still have a few Shieks, Toon links, king dedede, and meta knights for trade if it came down to it. I open my stuff so having an NA version doesn't matter, just makes it cheaper to buy.

Idiots are following the othe idiots after the breath of the wild craze. I still have a few Shieks, Toon links, king dedede, and meta knights for trade if it came down to it. I open my stuff so having an NA version doesn't matter, just makes it cheaper to buy.
I collect OoB too, so region is pretty insignificant. Buying one at those prices would only make sense if this was the only print of the thing for any region, and there's no precedent to believe that's the case. Even Gold Mario got a reprint, and it was the "Holy Grail" for a good chunk of time. If I find someone willing to make a reasonable trade or sell it close to MSRP I'll probably bite, but at the moment it looks like I'll be awaiting the restock.

Dude, if you have extra wind wakers 30th let me know. I preordered two MM if you're willing to trade.

I would like to think, "N" will be producing more of at least the popular Zelda figures, but I also thought they would continue to offer the Mini, so who knows?

I only ever wanted the 8-bit Link from the Zelda line, and I should have bought it on sale at Walmart awhile back, but I'll just wait and see what happens in regards to reprints. I haven't opened any of the ones I've bought in the past, so I might just sale them all at some point, as I only ever wanted a handful of these, but paying extra for any given one, just seems like supporting "N" rather poor inventory management in regards to these things.

To anyone in this thread who secured an extra MM Link: PM me. Let's make a deal. This is the amiibo I want more than any others, so I'll give you free range to take advantage of me.

It is ridiculous that you can't go into a store and buy one of the Zelda Amiibo.  I've been wanting to get SSB Link to get Epona in BotW but I am definitely not paying more than MSRP for it.  Those NFC tags are starting to look really tempting.

Dang it, now 0 for 2 on the three new Zelda amiibos. Most likely will miss the last one as well since the scalpers are hitting F5 on amazon.

Hate Nintendo for making this harder than it needs to be.

It is ridiculous that you can't go into a store and buy one of the Zelda Amiibo. I've been wanting to get SSB Link to get Epona in BotW but I am definitely not paying more than MSRP for it. Those NFC tags are starting to look really tempting.
Might go this route too... debating whether to make or to buy. Hehe!

To anyone in this thread who secured an extra MM Link: PM me. Let's make a deal. This is the amiibo I want more than any others, so I'll give you free range to take advantage of me.
I hope we can all refrain from posting here begging for trades, or else this thread will explode with requests rather than info. I missed out and wanted one, too, with stuff to trade myself, but there's a trade forum for that.

I hope we can all refrain from posting here begging for trades, or else this thread will explode with requests rather than info. I missed out and wanted one, too, with stuff to trade myself, but there's a trade forum for that.
Honestly, when is the last time that was used for amiibo? Seems like it's been ages.

If recent releases are any indication, there should be a bunch of these at the store on release day.  Don't get too worked up yet over missing this initial pre-order window.  Mark it on your calendar.  6/23 Majora's Mask Link, 7/2 Bayonetta P2, dates subject to change. 

I just sold my personal Shiek for $85.   I remember you couldn't them away a year or two ago.  

I also wouldn't worry about the pre-orders being sold out.  They will have  some in store.  

The new ZElda figure is going for a high price too so I have my personal one up for sale as well.  Might even sell the Guardian.  ...because I think all the new BotW figures will be restocked.  

I just sold my personal Shiek for $85. I remember you couldn't them away a year or two ago.

I also wouldn't worry about the pre-orders being sold out. They will have some in store.

The new ZElda figure is going for a high price too so I have my personal one up for sale as well. Might even sell the Guardian. ...because I think all the new BotW figures will be restocked.
Yeah, I had a Shiek for trade about a year or two ago. Ended up just selling it on eBay because no one wanted it. Think I got $15 for it. So barely got back what I paid after fees. Now look ...

Wild swings in perceived value are pretty interesting to watch.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Can some helpful person post link(s) for the best place to get the Majora's Mask (and other exclusive) amiibo from foreign sources? I've never done that before so not sure who is cheapest and most reliable, but I'm thinking about doing it for these. Thanks.

me too. i think ill just buy a TP Link from overseas somewhere. just not sure where i can. looked at amazon.jp but think cant ship here? i dont know. anyone know best place? or are they mostly gone too lol

I sold my used Zelda BotW figure for $61.  This is one where I am pretty sure they will make another batch or two.   People are crazy.  

I sold my used Zelda BotW figure for $61. This is one where I am pretty sure they will make another batch or two. People are crazy.
wow where did you sell it? maybe ill sell my sealed archer and zelda botw figures for sum older smash ones or importing some of these new ones lol

me too. i think ill just buy a TP Link from overseas somewhere. just not sure where i can. looked at amazon.jp but think cant ship here? i dont know. anyone know best place? or are they mostly gone too lol
Cd Japan still has all 3 for pre orders

It's cause Amazon Japan sold out and it's third party sellers

Can some helpful person post link(s) for the best place to get the Majora's Mask (and other exclusive) amiibo from foreign sources? I've never done that before so not sure who is cheapest and most reliable, but I'm thinking about doing it for these. Thanks.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&f=major&q=Zelda+amiibo&f=major&q=&f=major&q=&order=rankingdesc&range.rel=&range.sale_price=&term.caption=&term.audio_language=

is there any amiibo news for the rest of the year? I feel like they haven't made many announcements recently, or rather they aren't really pushing them now since switch launched? anything to look forward to????

is there any amiibo news for the rest of the year? I feel like they haven't made many announcements recently, or rather they aren't really pushing them now since switch launched? anything to look forward to????
They just announced like 12 Amiibos last month, what else do you want them to do lol? You're not gonna get any new Amiibo announcements until their E3 Direct at the very earilest

Where were you a year ago when there actually weren't any amiibo announcements. You kind of have things backwards.

I ended up just buying from CDJapan. It was a bit pricey, but I'm at a point where I'd prefer to pay more and import than line up on release day, constantly check amiibo stocks, or support the US scalping scene.

I checked out CDJapan before buying so I know they're a legitimate site, but has anyone ordered from them before? Just wondering when I can expect to get the amiibo and how well they package it.

bread's done
Back