amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up just buying from CDJapan. It was a bit pricey, but I'm at a point where I'd prefer to pay more and import than line up on release day, constantly check amiibo stocks, or support the US scalping scene.

I checked out CDJapan before buying so I know they're a legitimate site, but has anyone ordered from them before? Just wondering when I can expect to get the amiibo and how well they package it.
I ordered cds from them i like them cause I get reward points to use on their site. I paid extra for insurance and better box protection like 500 yen and it takes a long time but I'm in no rush I prefer them over to play asisa. It just depends on how much you wanna pay on shipping

I want the Box Boy Amiibo, and I'm guessing NoA won't be bringing it here uh? It looks like CDJapan might have a decent price, but I'm worried about packaging and how it will arrive. Play-Asia while not perfect in many areas, their Amiibo shipping was bullet proof, and well worth buying from them for packaging alone.

I want the Box Boy Amiibo, and I'm guessing NoA won't be bringing it here uh? It looks like CDJapan might have a decent price, but I'm worried about packaging and how it will arrive. Play-Asia while not perfect in many areas, their Amiibo shipping was bullet proof, and well worth buying from them for packaging alone.
I was hoping for that one as well. I emailed Hal Laboratory and they responded with a very nice email explaining that Nintendo controls everything including determining what markets the products are sold. I was also hoping for a release of the physical copy with all three games, another cool product that probably won't see a state side release.

Definitely starting to experience some Amiibo fatigue with the run-around to get preorders in for the new Zelda Amiibo and P2 Smash variants (although it could be a side effect of working too many hours lately). I'll probably just keep an eye out for when the JP versions hit the secondary market since I'm an OOB collector and I'll just have to cough up a bit of extra money. Hope you guys get all the pre-orders in for what you want!

I was hoping for that one as well. I emailed Hal Laboratory and they responded with a very nice email explaining that Nintendo controls everything including determining what markets the products are sold. I was also hoping for a release of the physical copy with all three games, another cool product that probably won't see a state side release.
Now that the NS is region free, they might as well close NoA doors, as the only place you can get anything decent in the US is from the Store in NY. The rest of the country is SOL more often than not, and supply chain for those products is also never what it should be. I would rather pay extra and import to not deal with the headaches and issues of hoping NoA can meet demand, or bring products here that consumers want.

Now that the NS is region free, they might as well close NoA doors, as the only place you can get anything decent in the US is from the Store in NY. The rest of the country is SOL more often than not, and supply chain for those products is also never what it should be. I would rather pay extra and import to not deal with the headaches and issues of hoping NoA can meet demand, or bring products here that consumers want.
This is the second time I've seen you post this nonsense. I live nowhere near NYC and haven't missed anything I've wanted from Nintendo. Hyperbole or not, if you think Nintendo fans in America would be better off without a local branch, you're crazy.

And if you want to import all your Nintendo products, there's nothing stopping you from doing that right now.

I would bet Nintendo of America is the most profitable branch of the company. :whistle2:k

Rofl the second time.  It's all he posts.  One of those self-loathing Nintendo fans that doesn't realize they are a dime a dozen.  All the "Why does Nintendo hate money" and "This company doesn't get anything right" masquerading as insightful commenting.  He hates Nintendo (it's all he talks about), doesn't have a PS4, and obviously isn't into PC gaming.   All he plays are handheld games.  Maybe some last gen stuff.  No idea why he even hangs around gaming forums. 

He pushes revolutionary gaming back a couple decades with his bigoted posting.  Sorry old man.  But it's past your time.  Maybe go find something else that's more your speed.  You aren't even a modern gamer. 

Who else noticed the explosion of NFC "cards" for the zelda figures?  4 bucks buys you a single card.  Pretty expensive for some weird bootleg product.  I guess it is no surprise that people have found a way to make money off of the lack of figures available.

Who else noticed the explosion of NFC "cards" for the zelda figures? 4 bucks buys you a single card. Pretty expensive for some weird bootleg product. I guess it is no surprise that people have found a way to make money off of the lack of figures available.
That's crazy. You can buy them for $1 each from aliexpress and just use the app.

I'm still hoping that physical 3 pack w/ the amiibo makes it here in the future. Maybe if the third game does well on the eshop.

When I asked at GameStop, they told me all of the BotW amiibo are delisted and thus they won't get any more. Can someone confirm if that's true? Was that the care before with other amiibo and then maybe they were just added back into the system for the reprints?

When I asked at GameStop, they told me all of the BotW amiibo are delisted and thus they won't get any more. Can someone confirm if that's true? Was that the care before with other amiibo and then maybe they were just added back into the system for the reprints?
1. They haven't been delisted, they're just telling you that so that you won't keep asking them

2. Even if they were ever delisted, they can be relisted. Happened for a few of the reprints late last year (like with Robin)

"Delisting" happens when a product is no longer on order, and every store no longer has stock. It really means nothing except that the product in question is not available at this time, and can't be ordered.

If and when more are produced, it can and will be added back in to the system. In regards to most things gaming related, a delisted item won't be back more often than not. But for reprints or re-released items, anything can happen.

All Game Stop ever tells me is that my card is expired and if I want to renew. I wish they would tell me something useful like the rest of you. o_O

It is ridiculous that you can't go into a store and buy one of the Zelda Amiibo. I've been wanting to get SSB Link to get Epona in BotW but I am definitely not paying more than MSRP for it. Those NFC tags are starting to look really tempting.
Finally found one at Fred's for $10; got lucky there were a couple stores near my brother. Been searching forever it seems. Still had 1 left. Other best bet is Toysrus though ones near me seemed to have every one but Zelda. All gone at every Target and Walmart I went to.

if anyone has the fye store or atleast for me, the fye superstore.. i was able to find a lone ssb mario amiibo for all of $1.35. this is the first time ive gone out in search for a specific clearance/hard to find amiibo and found it at the second and last fye store in my area.

How is everyone displaying these things?  I'm still using the:

Ikea Detolf Glass Door Cabinet, Black-Brown
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

But because there's so many and I don't have room for another cabinet I can't use these anymore:

Azar 326043 12-Inch W by 8.5-Inch D Three-Tier Acrylic Step Display
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083R3DHO/.

I remembered someone mentioning the Spicy Shelf somewhere in this thread's massive page count so I tried it out.  Unfortunately they only came in white, so I had to spray paint them black.

Old Setup
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16777]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16778]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16779]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16780]

Spicy Shelf
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/spicy-shelf-stackable-organizer/1042995241
[attachment=26560:IMG_3642.JPG][attachment=26559:IMG_3641.JPG]

Final Product
[attachment=26561:IMG_3636.JPG][attachment=26562:IMG_3637.JPG][attachment=26563:IMG_3638.JPG][attachment=26564:IMG_3639.JPG]

I left room for the last 6 Smash, 6 Monster Hunter, New Pikmin, and 3 Zelda.  I still need to pick up Poochy as well.

(Also, how the hell do you rotate pictures on this?  They're right side up til I upload them).

That looks a little cluttered. I don't have mine all out at once... I just put out some based on a theme or my mood or whatever, and rotate the displayed amiibo every so often on a fairly regular basis.

A hardcore collector would steal the videogame aisle from target and have one amiibo behind each video game window.

Display? The 4-5 I have are thrown in the storage ottoman :lol:
Yep. I've got mine in Tupperware containers that go in the closet.
Between Amiibo, Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions, there's way to many pieces of plastic to bother to care to display them.

Does any Best Buy employee or insider have info on MM Link amiibo? Any chance of taking more pre-orders? How much stock is being held back for stores? Will this be a one-time supply?

Looks like all those who complained that going into a store and finding loads of what you wanted on the shelf takes the "fun" out of it, well, looks like the old days of lining up outside stores and having to fight others to get what you want are returning, at least when it comes to Zelda. 

At least I was able to put in an order for the two Bayonettas and Cloud.

Yup, amiibos are fun again.  I can sell new ones for money if I want to trade them or get rid of them.  I feel a lot better about my day one purchases now like I'm not just throwing money away.  Or always waiting for some clearance and having buyers remorse whether you do or don't purchase them.  All the recent Zelda ones have value.  Plus they finally stopped producing shovelware-like amiibos and we are getting back to a higher standard of quality and not so many junky releases.  It's great. 

KK slider 3 pack is 4.99 tomorrow at Best Buy and Resetti is 1.99. They put the new tags out early so I grabbed one of each tonight.

KK slider 3 pack is 4.99 tomorrow at Best Buy and Resetti is 1.99. They put the new tags out early so I grabbed one of each tonight.
resetti is $2.99 pre-GCU. A couple others are $1.99. Not sure why, but I bit. Never got too far into animal crossing games. I guess they can be used with amiibo festival, also on sale at bestbuy this week.

I wasn't going to self promote in here, but since people are asking about displays unprompted, I make and sell custom wall mount and stackable amiibo displays.

Putting the link in spoilers because I still feel weird being =1&_ipg=&_from=[/url][/SPOILER]
It plainly says in the rules, highlighted even, no self promotion.

Take your spam elsewhere. And at least next time try not to sound all coy about the fact you're spamming yourself.

resetti is $2.99 pre-GCU. A couple others are $1.99. Not sure why, but I bit. Never got too far into animal crossing games. I guess they can be used with amiibo festival, also on sale at bestbuy this week.
Yeah they tagged it wrong but gave it to me for 1.99 which became 1.59 after GCU.

Funny how Best Buy has the Animal Crossing 3 pack for $4.99 ($3.99 after GCU) and still none will sell. Went into two Best Buys today and both had 15+. They can't even give this shit away. $4.99 needs to be the permanent price if they ever hope to sell these things

Nintendo was so stupid with production of these. Of all the Amiibo you could've possibly mass-produced, you choose to do the Animal Crossing and Chibi Robo ones... whoever runs their sales analytics department needs to be fired

An Animal Crossing line would've sold if it had been released alongside a real deal Animal Crossing game and not that Mario Party-lite crap.

Giving all the business owners a figure wasn't too smart either.

That said though, the KK Slider amiibo is awesome, and is well worth the $5...though you'll probably be able to get it for even cheaper if you hold out. I paid $7 for mine months ago at Walmart and I still don't know what I'm gonna do with those worthless alpacas.

If Breath of the Wild showed us anything, a good game will move amiibos. If they announce an animal crossing game that actually makes solid use of the figures and the cards, people will be falling all over themselves trying to get them all. If Nintendo wants to salvage any kind of price for them, it needs to be shown at E3 and it needs to come out by the end of the year. If not, those animal crossing amiibos are going to be clearanced out and throw out at every retailer.

It plainly says in the rules, highlighted even, no self promotion.

Take your spam elsewhere. And at least next time try not to sound all coy about the fact you're spamming yourself.
lmao...all right "member since September 2016". I was just trying to be friendly for anybody who might have a use for it (hence why I buried it). Like I said...a couple people explicitly asked about displays. I could have just said "I found these online and they look really cool!" without mentioning that I'm connected to them. But I didn't because I'm not an asshole. But hey, I guess that's what honesty gets you in Safe Space 2017.

i actually bought some animal crossing amiibos when they were like a $1.39 pre-GCU. so for me to buy any other animal crossing amiibos, that should be my price point. hehe. i just want them for display nothing else. i dont even have a wii u for the game.

oohh.. any dont forget about the animal crossing cards... lol what a joke!

How is everyone displaying these things?
I use these baseball bat cases.

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-baseball-bat-display-case/10174362.html

You can fit a nice amount of amiibo inside and also use the top. Easy to grab whatever amiibo you want since the door is magnetic.

I forget what price I got them at (I think $25 each) but it was definitely when they were on sale. I have 3 and it REALLY helped with space since you can hang them above each other.

bread's done
Back