amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great. You're either super lucky or you have very low standards. In any event, many of us have not been that lucky and have very high standards.
For me it's been hit or miss. The worst one was when my Guardian amiibo was squished into a large bubble mailer. Couldn't even pull it out; had to cut open the mailer completely.

Better packaging of CEs and fragile items than most retailers, exclusives and the occasional good price on something. Basically the same reasons people buy from most retailers. Yes, Gamestop has some awful policies, but for the most part Gamestop.com is fine and if you have some good local stores like some of us do, there isn't a problem.
Just be careful with the credit card you use, make sure you have $0 fraud liability ... :)

Just be careful with the credit card you use, make sure you have $0 fraud liability ... :)
I'm not aware of any major credit card that doesn't offer full fraud protection. Also, multiple retailers including Target, Walmart and countless others have had credit card information hacked. It's just part of modern commerce and avoiding a retailer because of a publicized incident is silly.

None of my orders from Amazon or Best Buy have ever come with dents, tears, cracks, bends, etc... So... no, my standards aren't low.
That's cool. Your POV isn't the gold standard either. Just, for once, try to wrap your mind around why someone might order from retailer (if the glut of reasons already mentioned aren't enough).

For me, BB or Amz come first for ordering but GS allows me to flip my $1 garage sale finds for $15-40 sometimes. So I take that credit gained and purchase without any added tax and piece of mind that items will be packed better than BB or Amz (as much as I love both of those stores and have ordered hundreds of packages from both, I've had issues when they've shipped limited items).

My 4 Zelda Champion Amiibo I ordered YESTERDAY at Best Buy, updated to backordered a few minutes ago.  I was definitely one of the earlier orderers.  Also, they are now not available for ship or pick up on the site (tried to put in another order).  I really hope I am not getting screwed over.

Apparently I was too late for any of the new Zelda amiibos.   :(    I was too late for the Majora's Mask one too.  Hopefully I'll still get a chance after they are released.

I'm not aware of any major credit card that doesn't offer full fraud protection. Also, multiple retailers including Target, Walmart and countless others have had credit card information hacked. It's just part of modern commerce and avoiding a retailer because of a publicized incident is silly.
It's a joke, lighten up Francis.

And by the way, there are many pre-paid and debit cards that do not have full protection, and if they do it can off take a while to get your money back. So don't just wave off that concern because it doesn't affect you or me.

Got all of mine preordered, whew that felt too easy...glad to get them all out of the way. Now I just need that Metroid collectors edition.

I managed to get a Mipha and Chrom preorder in about an hour and a half ago (along with Mario Odyssey, since they seem to finally be offering the $10 reward with it). What's everyone's general experience with store pickup? Have any of you ever had an order cancelled that way? I'm not sure whether I should rest easy or not, seeing as the Zelda amiibos appear to have dipped in and out of stock multiple times now.

I got all of the new breath of the wild amiibos, metroid and new fire emblem characters preordered. Now all I need to do is get the retailer exclusive amiibos for legend of zelda (twilight prinecess, majoras mask and skyward sword) and I hope one day the SSB toon link and sheik are rereleased. 

I managed to get a Mipha and Chrom preorder in about an hour and a half ago (along with Mario Odyssey, since they seem to finally be offering the $10 reward with it). What's everyone's general experience with store pickup? Have any of you ever had an order cancelled that way? I'm not sure whether I should rest easy or not, seeing as the Zelda amiibos appear to have dipped in and out of stock multiple times now.
I have never had a problem with actually getting my item via in store pick up. Rest easy.

I don't see it posted anywhere but I was just now able to get BOTW and Metroid amiibos preordered at GameStop in store. Store manager said they are extremely limited and only getting 1-2 allocated per store.

Missed on Champs from Best Buy. Tried to order from GameStop. Realized they charged $6 shipping for EACH. Went in store and got the last set. They got 4 of each.

FWIW - got mine from the order I just placed a few minutes ago.
It shows up on my order history on the website. I had 24 hours yesterday to update the payment info...something was wrong with it. After I fixed it, I haven't gotten another email regarding it. But still, it's on my order history as "In progress"

Now that I'm addicted to Fire Emblem Heroes I love how they are coming out with all these Fire Emblem amiibos.   Chrom and Y.Tiki are awesome.  I think Nintendo is currently realizing how the mobile game is making massive amounts of money, as opposed to Mario Run.  Which is a good thing.  We are bound to see lots of Fire Emblem amiibos in the future since the franchise has really taken off. 

Let me know if somethings changed, but I was under the impression that Best Buys preorder process would just ding you with an Authorization charge, then clear, then fully charge you when the item ships. But as of now, I have an order listed as Preordered (Metroid amiibos), and one listed as "In Progress" (Zelda Guardians ). 

But its showing in my bank account, and an email from my bank that its a standard charge, not just an Authorization? 

Also, why is one Preorder and one In progress?

Missed on Champs from Best Buy. Tried to order from GameStop. Realized they charged $6 shipping for EACH. Went in store and got the last set. They got 4 of each.
Is there anyway to get around GS shipping? Like, their pro membership or some other garbage? There doesn't even seem to be free shipping at a certain price point... Thankfully I got my BB orders in but, with Amazon losing discounts (and them always selling out fastest) I'd like to have GS in the back pocket if needed.

Got a Goomba, koopa, and Samus 2pack order in. Not really interested in the wedding set. Debated on getting the champs but passed. I only have one BOTW Amiibo and I'm not sure I would really use the rest in game.

Maybe If they release the original wave again along with the champs I'd reconsider.

Let me know if somethings changed, but I was under the impression that Best Buys preorder process would just ding you with an Authorization charge, then clear, then fully charge you when the item ships. But as of now, I have an order listed as Preordered (Metroid amiibos), and one listed as "In Progress" (Zelda Guardians ).

But its showing in my bank account, and an email from my bank that its a standard charge, not just an Authorization?

Also, why is one Preorder and one In progress?
Give it a few business days (not calendar days), and you should see the transactions fall off.

Told myself I'm done with amiibo after the smahs line, but I put an order for the Metroid 2-pack just in case. I might also break down for the Mario wedding ones.

Is there anyway to get around GS shipping? Like, their pro membership or some other garbage? There doesn't even seem to be free shipping at a certain price point... Thankfully I got my BB orders in but, with Amazon losing discounts (and them always selling out fastest) I'd like to have GS in the back pocket if needed.
The SAVER code might do it, I think it's for stuff above $24 (or something close). Might only be for in stock stuff.

Just secured a second set of the Botw amiibos. Had to go to LameStop to do it, but I did it. reserved at 2 locations under 2 names and one with cash and one with card. I know we aren't supposed to talk about trades in this thread but if anyone wants to trade one for one on the first series that would be super since I missed them. just shoot me a PM if interested. Thanks! 😀

My 4 Zelda Champion Amiibo I ordered YESTERDAY at Best Buy, updated to backordered a few minutes ago. I was definitely one of the earlier orderers. Also, they are now not available for ship or pick up on the site (tried to put in another order). I really hope I am not getting screwed over.
So am I the only one getting screwed even though I put in my order really early? Are others seeing backordered in order status?

I placed one order yesterday for the zelda amiibos and 1 later for the mario wedding amiibos using a BB CC. Both orders failed to authorize and I tried re-entering the cards too. I went back in and used my regular check card and they went fine. I think something was wrong with BB credit card yesterday.

So am I the only one getting screwed even though I put in my order really early? Are others seeing backordered in order status?
Mine is fine, ordered on the first wave of preorders. They were available again yesterday so not sure why yours would say backordered.

Put in for a Guardian, Archer and Rider for Store Pick-up @ WM. Got them all in about 26 hours total (10:30am order > 12:30 Ready email). Pretty damn fast for WM IMO.

I submitted your order details to my support team and was advised that the status of your order is indeed accurate. The backorder status indicates we are actively working to allocate inventory for you and you will be contacted via email as soon as we have secured your items.
Best Buy response on my backordered items that I ordered a full day before preorders closed... really hope I dont have to scramble for these.

I placed one order yesterday for the zelda amiibos and 1 later for the mario wedding amiibos using a BB CC. Both orders failed to authorize and I tried re-entering the cards too. I went back in and used my regular check card and they went fine. I think something was wrong with BB credit card yesterday.
Mine did the same thing initially (when just the Champions were live). Once everything went live at once, I cancelled that order and put in a new order for all of the amiibo at once - used my BB CC and didn't have issues.

I think that they were just having issues with their system.

bread's done
Back