amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My GS order on the TP is no longer on my account & I can't find the damn email either. I guess I'm just SOL, have to check my bank. BB update, no idea, I ordered to pick up in store though.

My import of MM and TP shipped from amazon of Spain this morning. My Shiek I had on order with amazon Japan is shipping today also. Now just waiting on SS to go up on amazon. Finally will have a complete Zelda collection. With the new BOTW on preorder from bestbuy for the holiday. As much as I enjoy them I hope we are done with Zelda amiibo till the next game.

I hope we never see another Link amiibo, but I also hope we get more of the rest of the cast of characters and monsters.

​I second the proposal that other Zelda characters and enemies get released as amiibos. We've got tons of Link. Where's my Goriya? Grumble, grumble...

My Majora's Mask Link from Best Buy still hasn't shipped. Says "preparing." If I don't get my goddamn interactive toy, there will be hell to pay

These release tomorrow and it's been radio silence from all 3 retailers. Amazon used to let us know when their exclusives would go up well in advance. I'm nervous. I'm missing the SS and MM amiibo and really don't want to have to stand in line at a Best Buy not knowing if they even have extras. Where's that guy that used to check inventories for us? Could sure use his help right about now.. Going to have to call around to find a MM amiibo I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the three link amiibos going up tomorrow is a GameStop exclusive, correct? Didn't necessarily want to have to go out and get one of those, but I can check just in case they have some extra.

One of the three link amiibos going up tomorrow is a GameStop exclusive, correct? Didn't necessarily want to have to go out and get one of those, but I can check just in case they have some extra.
If you want one you better hit a store when they open most stores don't have any extras from what I've been seening from others An if they do it's not many.

These release tomorrow and it's been radio silence from all 3 retailers. Amazon used to let us know when their exclusives would go up well in advance. I'm nervous. I'm missing the SS and MM amiibo and really don't want to have to stand in line at a Best Buy not knowing if they even have extras. Where's that guy that used to check inventories for us? Could sure use his help right about now.. Going to have to call around to find a MM amiibo I guess.

According to the Amiibo Reddit, Best Buys will have 20ish extras, but they might get sold at night via the in store pickup option on the website. That's what happened last time according to some employee on there

A GameStop worker said that their store got 5 Twilight Princess Links, and that all were preorders. No extras. So there's that

It's probably not worth worrying about, honestly. While a few of the initial Smash Bros line remained hard to find, quite a few of the releases since then have seen adequate re-prints for finding them at stores fairly easily. The Wii Fit Trainer was one of the only amiibos that I absolutely had to import to get my hands on. All the rest eventually showed up in an acquirable fashion.

And we all know by now what the store-exclusivity is worth. Those deals are always temporary. Even if I don't get all the figures tomorrow morning, it's not really worth worrying about. I'll likely be able to pick them up with ease a few months later.

I am slightly miffed that Amazon hasn't been allowing for pre-orders on some of these. I was able to pre-order the entire Breath of the Wild release line from them, and had them all shipped right to my door. I vastly prefer shopping for amiibo in this fashion.

According to the Amiibo Reddit, Best Buys will have 20ish extras, but they might get sold at night via the in store pickup option on the website. That's what happened last time according to some employee on there
I'll likely be up all night checking BB and Amazon repeatedly. Worst case scenario I'll go to the BB near my office at like 5am. Last time I had to line up in person for their exclusive Dark Pit there was plenty for all so I'm a bit iffy about how early I want to go. Hearing they should have about 20 definitely makes me feel better about it as the MM link is my fav of the 3. Might try to get 2 to trade for an SS from Amazon in case they pull some shenanigans and make it Prime first aka sold out to normies.

Not sure if anyone even wants these, (I am guessing not based on the prices and available stock( but I just noticed the animal crossing three pack is just $2.99 at best buy $2.39 with GCU

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figures-animal-crossing-series-cyrus-k-k-reese/4636400.p?skuId=4636400

Mabel is $.99 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-animal-crossing-series-mabel/4636300.p?skuId=4636300

Tom Nook is $.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-animal-crossing-series-mabel/4636300.p?skuId=4636300

These are the cheapest ones I saw on the site, all the other animal crossing amiibos are also drastically discounted 

I know they didn't do right by the Animal Crossing game tie-in for the amiibos. But i'm still a little surprised by the lack of demand for the amiibos. The Animal Crossing amiibos are well-made, adorable, and well worth having for fans of the series. With those prices, I'm seriously thinking of picking up a few extra nooks the next time I'm in Best Buy. My brothers would probably get a kick out of them.

I'll have to check my local store next time I'm around for those.  While I don't really need more amiibo...that's dang cheap.  Only one shows available at the store; hoping the others are there.

Twilight Princess amiibo finally shipped. Nice! All that's left is the uncertainty of Amazon tomorrow :/

Every Gamestop I called in my area (5) said they only have preorders available tomorrow, no spares :whistle2:(

If you have any incredible neckbeard experiences in the wild tomorrow, please take photos and share them with us.  There should be some interesting things going on and plenty of obnoxious, smelly, Nintendo-hating fans in the stores.  I can't wait to read the stories!

If you have any incredible neckbeard experiences in the wild tomorrow, please take photos and share them with us. There should be some interesting things going on and plenty of obnoxious, smelly, self-hating Nintendo fans in the stores. I can't wait to read the stories!

I plan on going to Best Buy to check out their stuff as well as Gamestop to pick up my pre-order. We've got three different Links releasing tomorrow.
Reveling in other people's misery. You must be a class act.

If you have any incredible neckbeard experiences in the wild tomorrow, please take photos and share them with us. There should be some interesting things going on and plenty of obnoxious, smelly, Nintendo-hating fans in the stores. I can't wait to read the stories!
That's Wargod's shtick, c'mon man

Ah, they're ALL store exclusives. That's mildly annoying. Chances are good that I will have to wait a while for the GameStop Twilight Princess. But the Best Buy Majora's Mask shouldn't be too dificult. And I'm constantly at my computer for work and have a Prime subscription, so the Amazon exclusive doesn't worry me that much.

I'm a little relieved by the upcoming Smash-Bros. store exclusives. At first I was worried, but the GameStop exclusive is almost certainly going to be the hardest to acquire. And that one is the Advent-Children style Cloud Strife. Of all six of those amiibo, that's the one I would want the least. So I won't mind so much having to wait on that one.

I missed the BB pre-orders. Any idea when they restock online? I'm planning on going tomorrow morning, but I also don't know that the 'Pick Up In Store at midnight' thing that people mentioned is all about, so deciding if I should call it an early night so I can get there even earlier, or if I'm better off staying up until 12am EST.

Just returned from GS and was able to get a BOTW zelda, link archer and rider and a Guardian. Still had about 4 left of each.

You know, it's pretty safe to say that BotW amiibo are going to get reprinted.  I'm just going to wait until Best Buy is selling them again and buy them with GCU. 

Seems like BestBuy removed at least one BotW amiibo from its website/system. I was trying to find info about a possible BB Guardian restock and the guy said there was no stock in the warehouse and they aren't expected to get anymore. Sucks since BB GCU is the only discount now what with Prime intentionally crapping itself.

bread's done
Back