amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope nothing went up on bestbuy, I missed the pre-orders on that and he's the Link I've wanted since these things were first announced (kept thinking, "if only he hadn't been cut from smash I'd have my favorite Link.").
Will be headed to GS first, because they called me to say they only got 2 TP Links in so I have to get there early if I want it (joy...).

Hope nothing went up on bestbuy, I missed the pre-orders on that and he's the Link I've wanted since these things were first announced (kept thinking, "if only he hadn't been cut from smash I'd have my favorite Link.").
Will be headed to GS first, because they called me to say they only got 2 TP Links in so I have to get there early if I want it (joy...).
So Gamestops are getting in more than what was pre-ordered?

Kinda sad I never preordered one at GS. guess I'll have to wait until this afternoon when they release an exclusive bundle marked up with all kinds of other random junk and animal crossing Amiibo or something?

Ugh making me want to go to Best Buy right when they open to pick mine up. But its raining and storming like a motherfucker outside, and I'd prefer not to die over an $13 plastic toy.

6am and no one is in line at the BB near the office. If they get even one extra I'm set. Now for Amazon....

I can't imagine Gamestop being dumb enough to not hold preorders. I won't be able to grab mine till about 6 tonight..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say it's pretty rare for your actual item to not get filled. The extra like $5.99 they were charging for shipping is not worth it.
This is at least the third time this has happened to me with gamestops. I never order anything else from there if I can help it. I'm pretty sure this happens at more gamestops than anywhere else.

The only time something like this happened at another store, it was at a Best Buy. They couldn't find my Ryu Amiibo, so they took one from someone else's pre-order because I was there first.

This is at least the third time this has happened to me with gamestops. I never order anything else with there if I can help it. I'm pretty sure this happens at more gamestops than anywhere else.

The only time something like this happened at another store, it was at a Best Buy. They couldn't find my Ryu Amiibo, so they took one from someone else's pre-order because I was there first.
Wow that really sucks. I hope you can snag one this morning.

Ugh I have an all staff appreciation event today. I really want this amiibo. Checking my phone every 2 minutes is frustrating -_-

Ugh I have an all staff appreciation event today. I really want this amiibo. Checking my phone every 2 minutes is frustrating -_-
There are multiple twitter users I follow with alerts on.

@AmiiboAlerts
@AmiiboNews
@Nintendeal

I still check the thread often but these guys are pretty fast about tweeting out when stuff goes online. Getting a push notification for those is really nice.

Just talked to a couple employees as they were walking in and one said they got like 40 in but 31 were preorders. Also he said the website might reopen for orders at 9am. Eyes peeled guys that's just under 2 hours.

I ended up scoring the only two Majora's Mask amiibo at my Best Buy when they opened. Lots of people were lined up but they all went to the customer service desk right away. I went directly to the shelf and found the only two hanging there, there were a lot of mad people. Hoping I can find somebody who's got an extra Skyward Sword one willing to trade me

I'm in line at Best Buy now. Only person actually lined up here. Quite a few people sitting in cars, but no one actually lined up other than myself.

I'm in line at Best Buy now. Only person actually lined up here. Quite a few people sitting in cars, but no one actually lined up other than myself.
I hope you are courteous enough to let the people that were there before you get in line in front of you. I don't know where you live but it's hot as balls in Phoenix and sitting in the heat for hours is nuts. I'm waiting in my car for as long as I can. Triple digits are no joke man.

I hope you are courteous enough to let the people that were there before you get in line in front of you. I don't know where you live but it's hot as balls in Phoenix and sitting in the heat for hours is nuts. I'm waiting in my car for as long as I can. Triple digits are no joke man.

Dude... What? Lol. No.

I'm in Kansas and it's a cloudy day. Everyone waiting in cars turned out to be employees waiting. Manager came out to talk to me about the Switch. Seems everyone just assumed I was waiting for the Switch.

Edit: Six more vehicles just rolled up with older folks in them. Everyone wanting to look at appliances. Looks like I'm literally the only person waiting for Amiibo.

I hope that's not serious. Sitting in a car is not "waiting in line". If you want to wait in your car while someone else is waiting in front of the door in the heat, you're going to be behind that person. I'd love to see what happens if I tried that. Maybe next Black Friday, I'll sleep in my car in the parking lot until the store opens, then get out, go to the front of the line, and explain to everyone how I was there first and was just taking a nap in my car.

Haha, no way. I'm from Minnesota, and if you aren't standing in line, you don't get a shot. Even if it is below zero out.

Ok guys whatever. I've been the only one here since 6. It is rude to just leave those people in the dust but you guys are right that you're putting in more effort than they are but still, I guess it's just the societal norm to look out for #1 and fuck everyone else. Doesn't make it any less discourteous.

Makes me want to grab as many as they will let me buy just because I could since it's okay to be a jerk. Almost makes me wish my mother had moved back to England when I was a child.

giphy.gif

Ok guys whatever. I've been standing here since 6. It is rude to just leave those people in the dust but you guys are right that you're putting in more effort than they are but still, I guess it's just the societal norm to look out for #1 and fuck everyone else. Doesn't make it any less discourteous.

It's not discourteous in any way, shape or form. Here in MN, we get stuck with below zero temps all of the time. If you aren't in line, you aren't getting shit. I don't do much lining up as I used to, but I have spent half of a day just sitting in nearly 0 weather to get what I want. Anyone too precious to get out of their vehicles lose.

Even this past Nov. when the NES classic came out. There was a dude sitting in his car when I got there (about 20 min before open) and I didn't hesitate to get out of my car and pop into that #1 spot. He remained seated until two more cars showed up and he then, finally, got on line because he understood how it works.

Wow, a lot of other Minnesotans here.  Hey dudes!

Just wanted to add +1 to "if you're not willing to wait in the actual line, you miss out."

Honestly, if you don't want to deal with the weather, that's a good reason to say "fuck it" and leave.  I used to wait in lines for multiple hours but that's not my game anymore.  Half-hour line is about my max and so I don't chase these rare Nintendo trinkets.  Collector obsession is a dangerous game and if you can say "I don't need it" instead of complaining about it, you'll feel a lot better.

It's not discourteous in any way, shape or form. Here in MN, we get stuck with below zero temps all of the time. If you aren't in line, you aren't getting shit. I don't do much lining up as I used to, but I have spent half of a day just sitting in nearly 0 weather to get what I want. Anyone too precious to get out of their vehicles lose.

Even this past Nov. when the NES classic came out. There was a dude sitting in his car when I got there (about 20 min before open) and I didn't hesitate to get out of my car and pop into that #1 spot. He remained seated until two more cars showed up and he then, finally, got on line because he understood how it works.
Just because it's accepted as the standard for lining up doesn't mean it isn't rude. If someone was there before you and you jump in line you are cutting. Period. Joke all you want. Manners went out the window long before I was born so I get your POV but I was raised to believe in holding doors for strangers, saving places in line when someone has to leave for some reason, helping people that appear to be in trouble (yes I've helped people stranded by the side of the road, have fallen down or dropped items, etc), and so on. It's common courtesy. Scratch that. Apparently it's just courtesy now.

I'm standing out here melting in the sun with no one around still and it's a quarter after 8 because of people like you guys. It's ruthless/remorseless but that's they way it works.

You're advocating chaos.  If the parking lot is the line, who is first?  Who is second?  When there's a cutoff point for who gets the last one and who doesn't, I don't think your "parking lot line holding" is going to be agreed upon by all parties.

I just walked up to BestBuy at 10 minutes til open to see if I could get lucky.

Opposite of that actually.

Turns out 3 people were lined up before open, no idea how early before, but BB associates let them in early to purchase the only 2 that weren't preorders. 

Okay with not getting lucky. More miffed that I've waited in line dozens of times at this location for CEs and amiibo and not once have they considered letting people in early before. Hopefully the trend will continue for me too.

Just because it's accepted as the standard for lining up doesn't mean it isn't rude. If someone was there before you and you jump in line you are cutting. Period. Joke all you want. Manners went out the window long before I was born so I get your POV but I was raised to believe in holding doors for strangers, saving places in line when someone has to leave for some reason, helping people that appear to be in trouble (yes I've helped people stranded by the side of the road, have fallen down or dropped items, etc), and so on. It's common courtesy. Scratch that. Apparently it's just courtesy now.

I'm standing out here melting in the sun with no one around still and it's a quarter after 8 because of people like you guys. It's ruthless/remorseless but that's they way it works.

this has nothing to do with being rude. it has to do with basic common sense. if you arrive early for an item, where you know a line will be formed to purchase said item....you get in line. nothing to do with being courteous/manners.

I hold doors and will save a place in line if someone steps out for a little. that is entirely different then someone just sitting in a car, while others make themselves uncomfortable to acquire an item.

You're advocating chaos. If the parking lot is the line, who is first? Who is second? When there's a cutoff point for who gets the last one and who doesn't, I don't think your "parking lot line holding" is going to be agreed upon by all parties.
Sorry maybe I should have qualified better. If you show up and go to the front of the line and there are clearly people waiting in their cars they should be allowed to get in front of you. If they don't get their asses out of their cars when someone lines up at the door then they are giving up their spot.

All of those things are reasonable. Someone leaving the line for a second? Sure I'll hold your spot. But it is universally understood that sitting in your car in the parking lot doesn't count. It's not cutting because they were not in the designated waiting space.

IMO it's rude to expect someone to hold my spot while I sit in the comfort of my car.

If you are concerned about this, you should ask the Best Buy employees to issue numbered tickets to verify their spot in line. Then they can wait in their cars. That's a reasonable compromise to me.

The people in cars may not even be there for amiibo... I get your point dude, but helping someone in need and lining up for toys are not in the same ballpark anymore.

I am happy that you seem to be committed to helping out your fellow human. We need more of that in our leadership as it is does not even seem to be a concern to them in the slightest. I just think you should pick your battles a little more.

I was raised to believe in holding doors for strangers, saving places in line when someone has to leave for some reason, helping people that appear to be in trouble (yes I've helped people stranded by the side of the road)
Not sure how things are on the mean streets of Phoenix, but I was raised to believe that strangers will take advantage of people too stupid to not know any better. I'm happy enough knowing I'm not one to take advantage of others, but you best bet I'm not stupid enough to get taken advantage of either.

The people in cars may not even be there for amiibo... I get your point dude, but helping someone in need and lining up for toys are not in the same ballpark anymore.

I am happy that you seem to be committed to helping out your fellow human. We need more of that in our leadership as it is does not even seem to be a concern to them in the slightest. I just think you should pick your battles a little more.
Finally someone understands. I agree this isn't a battle that can be won, but in my eyes a silly toy is just as important as say an oxygen tank that'll keep grandma alive. It shouldn't matter what you are lining up for, there's a reason it's called common courtesy. It applies equally across all things. I'm sure I'll get hammered for this one. Lol.

Sorry maybe I should have qualified better. If you show up and go to the front of the line and there are clearly people waiting in their cars they should be allowed to get in front of you. If they don't get their asses out of their cars when someone lines up at the door then they are giving up their spot.

I get where you're coming from. But, as it's been said, sometimes those people are employees or early birds there for unrelated reasons. I agree with Nick where only if there are numerical tickets will I leave the line. There's a risk/reward to waiting in your car vs waiting in front of the store. I've waited in my car and bolted out to the line when I saw more cars arrive.

" I agree this isn't a battle that can be won, but in my eyes a silly toy is just as important as say an oxygen tank that'll keep grandma alive."

So...you wouldn't sit out in the heat for poor ol' Grandma, either?

You're all doing it wrong the obvious solution is park your car in front of the stores door. Be first in line and still be inside the comfort of your car. Killing two birds with one stone.

If they don't get their asses out of their cars when someone lines up at the door then they are giving up their spot.

I'm not trying to be rude here but...their spot in what? You can't claim a spot in something that doesn't exist yet. The line must be created first. By people. Standing in line.

Here in the deep south (except the larger metro areas--I blame the yankee transplants) we do believe in holding the door for people, assisting someone when something is spilled/dropped, helping a mother hold her infant as she checks out at the grocery, and on and on.

But allowing someone who was "first" in the parking lot to take a place before you in the line you started? That is not, and never was, a thing.

bread's done
Back