amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how things are on the mean streets of Phoenix, but I was raised to believe that strangers will take advantage of people too stupid to not know any better. I'm happy enough knowing I'm not one to take advantage of others, but you best bet I'm not stupid enough to get taken advantage of either.
Oh don't get me wrong, people are ruthless here. That's why I'm cooking my breakfast in front of this store. Lol.

Quick sidebar, you'd be surprised how far a little bit of kindness goes. I love making someone's day when I can. Talking to people behind the register about anything can make their day. It's a wonderful feeling having been on the receiving end before and I pass it on whenever I can. Making someone feel recognized as the human being they are instead of just a tool for you to get what you want can be tremendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up twilight link at gamestop without much hassle.

The guy tried the bag trick where he put the amiibo in the bag w/out me seeing it first, was trying to give me a bent up one. I asked him to please change it for one that wasn't bent, so he did.

Pristine Box, no issues  :whistle2:

I was also able to lock in a preorder for Mario+Rabbids CE, they had 2 left. 

You're all doing it wrong the obvious solution is park your car in front of the stores door. Be first in line and still be inside the comfort of your car. Killing two birds with one stone.
Literally block the door to where only you can go in the store. Makes sure people can't rush past you until you leave!

You guys are right. I was raised to have a European attitude so of course when it comes to manners most average Americans wouldn't understand my perspective. I'll stop responding to this debate (if you can call it one) so we can move on and talk about Amiibo.

Speaking of, no one in line yet nearly 3 hours after I got here. What am I doing with my life? Lol

Yeah, yeah, it's always the Americans that suck. I've heard it before, and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Lost all credibility on that one there.

Yeah, yeah, it's always the Americans that suck. I've heard it before, and I'm sure it won't be the last time.
It is and you won't I'm sure. We do so many things in this country that are just messed up, but one could argue it's exactly what Adam Smith envisioned. (Sorry if this counts as continuing the discussion.)

But see, like your earlier "truth," you're assuming that it is a hard and fast rule that all Americans suck. Or rather that "American culture" sucks. Which at its very heart is an arrogant, uninformed claim to make. The U.S. is a conglomerate of a plethora of cultures. You're just generalizing and coming off as rude *and* ignorant. Not really following those European values of courtesy, are we?

Or maybe you are. In that case, well-played, Sir. You're the rudest one here lol.

But see, like your earlier "truth," you're assuming that it is a hard and fast rule that all Americans suck. Or rather that "American culture" sucks. Which at its very heart is an arrogant, uninformed claim to make. The U.S. is a conglomerate of a plethora of cultures. You're just generalizing and coming off as rude *and* ignorant. Not really following those European values of courtesy, are we?
Or maybe you are. In that case, well-played, Sir. You're the rudest one here lol.
I said most first of all. Does that instantly negate everything else you just said? I believe it does. It's not arrogant to be annoyed that most people are rude. What's arrogant is to claim this is the greatest country on earth when you've never even left it (I'm not saying you personally have because I haven't seen you say that) I've found that nearly all people I've talked to that say the former have not done the latter. My girlfriend's very large very conservative family fit this model perfectly sadly. In the end it comes down to our piss poor education system I suppose. If people could just stop and realize that not building a single billion dollar jet could dramatically improve our education system. Or healthcare or anything else that should be more important than a bloated military. Look now you've got me to get all political. I apologize. I just get frustrated when I meet ignorant people.

All those folk waiting in their cars were either waiting for a Switch (which my stores aren't selling until the 25th) and I got one of the only two they had in stock. Ran across town to try to get another one while I was running errands and everyone else OOS. Checked my GS stores for a TP Link and, as with most other folks, they only got enough for preorders. Still, not a bad day. Grabbed one MM and a Tom Nook. Really not bad at all.

Still, Amazon needs to put up that SS link.

Tbh you're coming off really ignorant too. But I have no stake in anyone's arguments here. Yall should stop arguing and wait til the Link amiibo pops up cuz everytime I see this topic bumped I get excited.

Same, man, same. It's incredibly frustrating to hear someone ignorantly claim most Americans are rude as well, when (LOL) they can't ever say they've met *most* Americans. Every cotton-picking town in America has values you know nothing about. Your nationalist arguments are flawed and tired.

I never said that Americans are the best or perfect either. But if you want to come in here and continue to spout logical fallacies, be my guest. 

One last parting piece of advice--if you should be oh-so-gracious to take heed--don't bother dating a girl if you hate the family. It's generally a package-deal lol. Good luck with that in any case. 

I'm in my car at work so I must be in line at Best Buy too! Because that's completely logical.

Seriously, if you're in your car you don't get to jump the line. Don't know how hard that is to comprehend.

Just because it's accepted as the standard for lining up doesn't mean it isn't rude. If someone was there before you and you jump in line you are cutting. Period. Joke all you want. Manners went out the window long before I was born so I get your POV but I was raised to believe in holding doors for strangers, saving places in line when someone has to leave for some reason, helping people that appear to be in trouble (yes I've helped people stranded by the side of the road, have fallen down or dropped items, etc), and so on. It's common courtesy. Scratch that. Apparently it's just courtesy now.

I'm standing out here melting in the sun with no one around still and it's a quarter after 8 because of people like you guys. It's ruthless/remorseless but that's they way it works.

No. You're POV is skewed. I hold doors for people, I say "please" and "Thank You" to the point where it's almost sickening, not afraid to buy a meal for someone homeless when they ask - the act of lining up, is physically doing so, not sitting adjunct in your heated/air conditioned car with a sense of self-entitlement merely because you showed up first. If you want to be part of the queue, get in line - it's simple. It's not cut throat, it's not a new age concept and it's certainly far from rude. Then again, being a hypocrite, who doesn't follow the line their own belief system is much, much worse - pathetic actually. You can preach all day, but you're contradicting your sermon.

Same, man, same. It's incredibly frustrating to hear someone ignorantly claim most Americans are rude as well, when (LOL) they can't ever say they've met *most* Americans. Every cotton-picking town in America has values you know nothing about. Your nationalist arguments are flawed and tired.
I never said that Americans are the best or perfect either. But if you want to come in here and continue to spout logical fallacies, be my guest.

One last parting piece of advice--if you should be oh-so-gracious to take heed--don't bother dating a girl if you hate the family. It's generally a package-deal lol. Good luck with that in any case.
Okay I can see you have trouble reading so I'll just ignore you. I specifically said you haven't made the claim I said earlier. For what it's worth you are probably right that most Americans aren't ignorant. After all most of us did vote for Hillary after all... lol

That being said I can guarantee not everyone on the left is ignorant either anymore than everyone on the right. Ignorance shapes perspective so people may vote one way or the other for completely different reasons.

Also, just because I have different political views from my girlfriend's family doesn't mean I can't respect our differences. I've managed to open her eyes to basic logic. If nothing else I can say I accomplished that.

Back to topic at hand please? Still no one in line and we have 30 minutes till they open. At least you guys have been entertaining. Thanks for that too. Sorry to the guy who keeps getting alerts because we are babbling over nothing. We are just killing time.

I definitely wouldn't say Americans are rude. I also wouldn't say we're not rude. But as an Asian that has traveled the world, I would put Chinese as some of the rudest people. I've been on line patiently waiting when out of the blue someone will blatantly cut in front of me, and in the process make eye contact with me. And this has happened numerous times.

When my friend and I waited for the Switch midnight release, we waited in his car a good 15 minutes before others lined up. And because we did that, my friend missed out on getting the BOTW Master Edition by one person. Yes it would've been great if people considered us as first but in actuality the line begins at the door.

No. You're POV is skewed. I hold doors for people, I say "please" and "Thank You" to the point where it's almost sickening, not afraid to buy a meal for someone homeless when they ask - the act of lining up, is physically doing so, not sitting adjunct in your heated/air conditioned car with a sense of self-entitlement merely because you showed up first. If you want to be part of the queue, get in line - it's simple. It's not cut throat, it's not a new age concept and it's certainly far from rude. Then again, being a hypocrite, who doesn't follow the line their own belief system is much, much worse - pathetic actually. You can preach all day, but you're contradicting your sermon.
Again, as I said earlier, when the queue starts to form people in their cars should get in line. Does no one remember that? How is that unreasonable?

Good lord people like to cherry pick quotes so they can take them out of context to unintentionally sound stupid.

Just wow at Chrono Gear. That is some of the most beta shit I've ever read. Just let people walk over you why don't you

Still waiting on Amazon...

If i misunderstood an original point I apologize. that said, the first post said something about (hope you acknowledge the people in cars who were first-  paraphrasing here). at least that is how anyone reading it would take it. you are now changing that point of view which is cool, but it is not what you originally intended or said. 

Just wow at Chrono Gear. That is some of the most beta shit I've ever read. Just let people walk over you why don't you

Still waiting on Amazon...
If you consider their arguments valid I suppose. Just call me sisyphus I guess. I've been pushing this damn boulder for a very long time.

Just ask me about 'tax free' purchases online. Use taxes people. Use taxes. Lol

Ok guys whatever. I've been the only one here since 6. It is rude to just leave those people in the dust but you guys are right that you're putting in more effort than they are but still, I guess it's just the societal norm to look out for #1 and fuck everyone else. Doesn't make it any less discourteous.

Makes me want to grab as many as they will let me buy just because I could since it's okay to be a jerk. Almost makes me wish my mother had moved back to England when I was a child.

jesus you are a whiner. :-({|=

Just because it's accepted as the standard for lining up doesn't mean it isn't rude. If someone was there before you and you jump in line you are cutting. Period. Joke all you want. Manners went out the window long before I was born so I get your POV but I was raised to believe in holding doors for strangers, saving places in line when someone has to leave for some reason, helping people that appear to be in trouble (yes I've helped people stranded by the side of the road, have fallen down or dropped items, etc), and so on. It's common courtesy. Scratch that. Apparently it's just courtesy now.

I'm standing out here melting in the sun with no one around still and it's a quarter after 8 because of people like you guys. It's ruthless/remorseless but that's they way it works.

except for the fact that YOU AREN'T IN LINE. do you even read outloud what you write and realize how dumb it sounds?

Jeez, man, guy just continues his assuming. I'm not right or left, not that it matters AT ALL on this topic. Americans aren't simply defined by right/left, liberal/conservative. I for one don't like hasty generalizations about my values. Who on earth does like being told "I know what you believe and I'm going to label you that way," I wonder? And you still aren't being logical so :p

There's just no reasoning with some people. 

If anyone was wondering, the GameStop in this area only got 3-4 each on Twilight Princess Link. All of which were reserved for preorders (on day 1 lol) like others have stated.

If i misunderstood an original poinrt I apologize. that said, the first post said something about (hope you acknowledge the people in cars who were first- paraphrasing here). at least that is how anyone reading it would take it. you are now changing that point of view which is cool, but it is not what you originally intended or said.
You are right I did not make my argument clear initially, but I did elaborate quite a while ago and people still argue.

Yeah, that is a really whiny original post. Also, this is a single store-exclusive amiibo. Why are you lining up at Best Buy at 6 AM? That's four hours before it opens. It's not a new console, it's just a single plastic statuette out of a very large collection of other plastic statuettes. It kind of just sounds like you are full of bitterness and angst.

Calm down and get some perspective.

You guys are right. I was raised to have a European attitude so of course when it comes to manners most average Americans wouldn't understand my perspective. I'll stop responding to this debate (if you can call it one) so we can move on and talk about Amiibo.

Speaking of, no one in line yet nearly 3 hours after I got here. What am I doing with my life? Lol

Let me ask you, how many Europeans do you personally know and interact with on a daily basis. On top of that, how many times have you been to numerous countries throughout Europe.

One thing you should never do, is lump Europeans together. The culture varies so much from country to country. Being someone who works for a European based company where I'm one of only three Americans, constantly working for extended periods in various countries throughout Europe. You have no idea what you're referencing. Between the oxygen tank comment, patting yourself on the back and this weird idea of Europe, you might be delusional.

Again, as I said earlier, when the queue starts to form people in their cars should get in line. Does no one remember that? How is that unreasonable?

Good lord people like to cherry pick quotes so they can take them out of context to unintentionally sound stupid.

That's not what you initially said, despite whatever backpedaling you did between then and now.

No luck at another bestbuy or GameStop. Waiting for Amazon now.

The first best buy I went to had a line, and only 6 non-preorders available. Happy I at least got my favorite link.

And yeah, I know you've wanted to end the conversation several times but chrono: I hold the door open for 20 people at a time if I've nowhere to be, I let cars pass if I'm trying to get into a store and am not in a hurry, act as polite as possible, but I would not let someone in their car in front of me if I lined up first. As someone already pointed out, the line did not exist. They did not make the line, and even if they immediately get out, they should be second in the line that didn't exist until someone started it. Not doing so isn't rude, it isn't discourteous, it's just following line procedure.
Today, I walked into a GameStop where a guy was patiently waiting for an employee to find his preorder. It was taking a long time so he said to the man, "I have nowhere to be, so you can just take care of the next customer and I'll wait ok?". I thanked him and told him I just had a question, asked about the Amiibo, got my answer and thanked both the employee and the customer again. That was showing common courtesy, and that's something I would have done/offered to do as well. If he hadn't offered to do that though, it wouldn't have been rude. It just would have been normal line procedure.

Yeah, that is a really whiny original post. Also, this is a single store-exclusive amiibo. Why are you lining up at Best Buy at 6 AM? That's four hours before it opens. It's not a new console, it's just a single plastic statuette out of a very large collection of other plastic statuettes. It kind of just sounds like you are full of bitterness and angst.

Calm down and get some perspective.
I'm a clinically paranoid/anxious person. If I think someone else is going to line up at a certain time I want to be there before them so I can be first.

I called two of the busier Gamestops in St. Louis at 10 a.m., and they said that they only had enough for pre-orders.  I went to a less busy store, and they weren't even open at 10.  An employee rolls in at 10:20 and makes a snarky comment about how they don't open until 11 even though the website and the sign say 10 a.m.  He leaves us outside, not officially opening the store.  As another customer started calling the Better Business Bureau, I called another Gamestop to ask about the store's hours, and that manager called the store I was standing outside, telling the employee to open the store.  Thus, the store officially opened at about 10:40.

After all of that, no one preordered any Link amiibo at this store, so they had absolutely none at that location.  Had they opened on time, I wouldn't have wasted 45 minutes of my day waiting for nothing.  I guess I'm hoping that one pops up on the website.

Let me ask you, how many Europeans do you personally know and interact with on a daily basis. On top of that, how many times have you been to numerous countries throughout Europe.

One thing you should never do, is lump Europeans together. The culture varies so much from country to country. Being someone who works for a European based company where I'm one of only three Americans, constantly working for extended periods in various countries throughout Europe. You have no idea what you're referencing. The Swiss are rude as hell, have you ever had anyone spit in your General direction for speaking English? That didn't happen to me, but I watched it happen to my hungarian colleague at a convenience store - and it was the employee who did it. The French on the other hand have been nothing but hospitable and gracious anytime I've been in country, which is the opposite of the wrap they get.

Between the oxygen tank comment, patting yourself on the back and this weird idea of Europe, you might be delusional.

I called two of the busier Gamestops in St. Louis at 10 a.m., and they said that they only had enough for pre-orders. I went to a less busy store, and they weren't even open at 10. An employee rolls in at 10:20 and makes a snarky comment about how they don't open until 11 even though the website and the sign say 10 a.m. He leaves us outside, not officially opening the store. As another customer started calling the Better Business Bureau, I called another Gamestop to ask about the store's hours, and that manager called the store I was standing outside, telling the employee to open the store. Thus, the store officially opened at about 10:40.

After all of that, no one preordered any Link amiibo at this store, so they had absolutely none at that location. Had they opened on time, I wouldn't have wasted 45 minutes of my day waiting for nothing. I guess I'm hoping that one pops up on the website.
As someone who grew up in St. Louis, I'm curious which store that was.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My MM link showed up this morning, feels good man. Luckily my sister's British husband hand delivered it with unfailing politeness and formality like Mr Carson.

I also live in the StL area.I spoke with a gamestop employee this morning and they said that no store within 100 miles had more than what was pre ordered.

Picked up my Links at Best Buy and Gamestop this morning.  GS had four, all reserved for pre-orders.  Best Buy had 7 for walk-ins, with about 13 being held for pre-orders.  Two down, one to go! 

84c7e7bd-15be-463f-a937-2aabd652b0a7_zpsdqi4w7r8.jpg

I also live in the StL area.I spoke with a gamestop employee this morning and they said that no store within 100 miles had more than what was pre ordered.
Not sure why this had a line through it, first post. No TP link within a hundred miles of my gamestop location that wasn't already pre-ordered, I live about 30 minutes west of STL.

I hope you are courteous enough to let the people that were there before you get in line in front of you. I don't know where you live but it's hot as balls in Phoenix and sitting in the heat for hours is nuts. I'm waiting in my car for as long as I can. Triple digits are no joke man.

Believe me. Waiting in the car with the AC doesn't help. It's so hot down here that the heat nullifies the AC :(

bread's done
Back