amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get an order in at Amazon for Skyward Sword Link, but damn.  That's only 1/3.  Here's hoping for eventual restocks, but who knows?

Got order in on Prime, have Majora's Mask Link ready for pick up after work (This was the one I wanted most, anyways), and if I have to wait on a reprint or *gasp* import from Japan for the Twilight Princess one, that's fine, it really is the most boring of the three. 

There's now an "In-Stock" date for SS on Amazon. I refreshed once and it got pushed back from the 25th to the 28th already.

Got my Prime Skyward Sword (naturally). But when I stopped by the local Best Buy and GameStop, they were both out. Best Buy had sold out of their stock, and GameStop had only received 4 units that were all assigned to pre-orders. (never any chance)

The after-the-fact scarcity of the Breath of the Wild amiibos has re-invigorated people's interest in amiibo collecting. It's also rung the dinner bell for all the abitious flippers out there looking to make a quick buck. I expected a reaction like this, but it is still a little galling. I have a morning meeting that I have to attend for my job everyday, and it lands right around the same time that these stores open. Job takes priority, there's no getting around that. But it also means that I can't get away to pick up items like this when the stores open. So I'm always about half an hour behind. It's not so bad when the amiibos show up at all the stores, because then I at least have the chance to try picking them up at Target or WalMart before I go into work. (both those stores open before 10 AM) But when they have GameStop and BestBuy exclusives, I'm pretty much screwed.

I don't mind prime only. I've gotten a few things that I would have missed out on over the last year because of it.  Ordered a SS Link about 30 mins ago. Sucks for those against it. I understand though. 

Thanks for the update! Got the SS on Amazon just now. My Majora's Mask is ready to be picked up at Best Buy. Hopefully I can find a Twilight Princess one.

Skyward Sword Link is sold out.  It was up for a total of 55 minutes, exclusive to Prime members only, and limited to 1 per customer.

I have to ask what's with the surge in amiibos again? Is it because of Zelda?
No surge really. It's just that Nintendo is making less again, so people have to act right away on buying them now instead of being able to wait. Nintendo clearly wanted to get back to sell-through quantities. All of the stupid Animal Crossing peg warmers currently being sold for $.99 are a good reason why.

People haven't been paying full price for amiibos for the last year. Now demand is shooting up again and becoming frontloaded because the CAG-likes know they have to buy on day1. It kind of started with the 30th anniversary Link: Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker 2-pack amiibos. Everybody thought they could wait on those but they suddenly sold out quickly. Then people realized Nintendo is up to their old tricks again. They've lowered the supply to more closely match the demand.

So glad I'm not a Zelda fan. This is madness. I have my little 8-bit anniversary one and that's where I stopped. I still need to get the last of the Smash Bros. line, though. 

Went to Best Buy today. I was there 8:45 and was 4th in line. They had 6 available that were not pre order, and did tickets. They said they had about 12 that were pre ordered for in store pick up. Lots of rookies showed up at 10am and were disappointed.

do you guys think theyll do a restock of these? The only one I didn't get was Twilight Princess Link and I'm hoping to get in the future without paying an absurd price for it

Who has extra Nintendo amiibo - Link: Skyward Sword? I do have extra of Twilight Princess Link and/or MM amiibo can trade. Let me know.

I have to ask what's with the surge in amiibos again? Is it because of Zelda?
It's mainly because of Zelda. It's partially because of the Switch. Zelda came out, and was wildly popular. It got crazy high reviews and people have been playing it like mad. And thanks to it's game structure, the amiibos actually had a decent contribution to the game. They provided gobs of in-game items, quite a few of which were useful and many of which could be used as ingredients or to get more in-game money.

Initially, there was no extra demand for the amiibos. At launch, it was actually quite easy to get the Breath of the Wild amiibos in stores. I saw them all over the place, and honestly felt a little silly for having pre-ordered all of mine off of Amazon. At the time, no one really knew how popular the Switch was going to end up being, or how good Zelda was going to turn out. So the Switch sold out at launch, but the amiibos didn't. But after a week or two, people had started playing the game, and enthusiasm started to skyrocket.

Now we're looking at a situation where the Switch is likely to sell more than half of the Wii U's lifetime figure in a single year. This time next year, Mario Odyssey will be out, there will be millions more Switch owners, and amiibo mania is going to be in full swing again. For anyone who still has sealed Mario amiibos on your shelf, it might be time to dust them off and sell them.

I don't know how Nintendo ever expected to get a surge on those Animal Crossing amiibo. I don't know any animal crossing fans personally but tons of people I know are Zelda fans so I think they really should have stocked up on the Zelda stuff

Managed to snag all 3, and an extra Majora. Cool! Time to play the waiting game for the Champions.

(Found a clearanced Samus at Best Buy for $8 as well, grabbed it in case it's useful for either of the new Metroid games.)

Also to add something useless to the great car-line debate of 2017: I was once in line waiting for the Majora 3DS XL at Target when those released, in the early Chicago Winter morning. It was cold as shit and I was first in line, a couple of hours before open. Dude shows up after me, we start shooting the shit. We're both cold as hell, so he gets his car (I rode a bike), pulls up to the front door, and let me sit in his car with him. Then let the next few people who showed up do the same. THAT'S how you do it. ;)

They should have made Animal Crossing amiibo do something cool in the game... or even just appear... if they wanted to clear those out.
There actually is some decent integration with the 3DS proper Animal Crossing game. But this was added after-the-fact, and did not come out alongside the release of the amiibo. Instead we got Happy Home Designer and a weak Wii U entry, both of which leaned more heavily toward supporting the cards. If we had gotten a proper Wii U Animal Crossing entry, the figures would probably be more popular.

Of course, it's only a matter of time before we see a Switch Animal Crossing game. The demand for those figures will likely bump when a proper Switch Animal Crossing title is released.

There actually is some decent integration with the 3DS proper Animal Crossing game. But this was added after-the-fact, and did not come out alongside the release of the amiibo. Instead we got Happy Home Designer and a weak Wii U entry, both of which leaned more heavily toward supporting the cards. If we had gotten a proper Wii U Animal Crossing entry, the figures would probably be more popular.

Of course, it's only a matter of time before we see a Switch Animal Crossing game. The demand for those figures will likely bump when a proper Switch Animal Crossing title is released.
Yeah although I wonder if they don't or won't just steer AC to the phone with their upcoming mobile AC game. The phone seems like the perfect place for that game. Their philosophy so far is to make side games on mobile with their franchises so probably not happening. But makes me reluctant to buy a bunch of these and hold onto them for a year or two.

Only if they rerelease Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love.
OMG I thought getting all the amiibo would make my day but I think you may have just topped it. I imported the one that made it to the U.K.(I'm pretty sure it was Rosey Rupeeland). Tingle is severely under appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't touched BotW on Switch since 3 weeks after it came out (finished it, found out about Hero mode and figured I'd 100% it then).

Have any of the patches stopped the turn off wi-fi > scan an amiibo > turn back the system clock > > scan again > rinse,repeat exploit?  I assume I'll have to update my switch and game in order to get the Season Pass DLC downloaded.

I haven't touched BotW on Switch since 3 weeks after it came out (finished it, found out about Hero mode and figured I'd 100% it then).

Have any of the patches stopped the turn off wi-fi > scan an amiibo > turn back the system clock > > scan again > rinse,repeat exploit? I assume I'll have to update my switch and game in order to get the Season Pass DLC downloaded.
No, but it is much more efficient to save game, scan, if you don't get what you want re-load save and repeat. Then you can do the date change to get the next item from the same Amiibo. Some of the rare weapons (Biggoron's Sword, Twilight Bow, Sword, etc.) can take a ton of tries to get. Armor usually take much less time.

bread's done
Back