amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who managed to snag multiples of the majoras mask, i can trade for previous smash amiibos.

I have zelda, ganon, Wind waker twin pack, smash link, and 8 bit link. All brand new in box but the boxes arent mint.

I'm trading value for value. I'm not going to trade a wind waker or smash link for just one majoras. Sorry I need either two or one majora and one twilight, or one majora and one skyward. If you got a shit box, that might not matter much. Thanks.

They are cancelling multiple orders even if you used different accounts
i was just asking because on reddit im reading stuff about people only ordering one total and getting canceled and email saying it was canceled because they ordered more than one even tho they didnt.

edit.

of course i could be reading it all wrong or the posters really did order multiples accross multiple accounts

I ordered across two accounts, yes.
I'm not angry or anything, I think it's cool they're policing that. It just makes it harder for me to both collect these in box and have one to actually use. ^^;

i was just asking because on reddit im reading stuff about people only ordering one total and getting canceled and email saying it was canceled because they ordered more than one even tho they didnt.

edit.

of course i could be reading it all wrong or the posters really did order multiples accross multiple accounts
Something similar happened with the Master's Edition. Really I think Amazon's inventory management system just can't handle the insane amounts of traffic it gets for things like this.

Also, did anyone else order from CDJapan? I got my order in quite a while ago but haven't heard anything about it since.

Something similar happened with the Master's Edition. Really I think Amazon's inventory management system just can't handle the insane amounts of traffic it gets for things like this.

Also, did anyone else order from CDJapan? I got my order in quite a while ago but haven't heard anything about it since.
still waiting for my order from cd japan

Oh I got one as soon as they went up, I was just answering his question. And we don't know for certain if they'll put up more or not. With Palutena it went up multiple times, so who knows.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm sure they may come back again, possibly even only available for prime. They may come back for everyone if they become more readily available.

I'm sure they may come back again, possibly even only available for prime. They may come back for everyone if they become more readily available.
Hope so. I saw it earlier but I'm not signing up for Prime as I hardly buy anything on Amazon as it is. It's not that hard to buy over $25 and qualify for free shipping anyway.

But I do prefer the Skyward Sword Link over the other two.

At least I got the Majora's Mask Link from Bestbuy... which has been "Out For Delivery" all day. :oldman:

I saw a lot of comments about making alternate accounts to abuse the Prime trial. Isn't that very noticeable to Amazon and wouldn't they take action?

Well, if anyone gets an extra Skyward Sword one feel free to message me. I've got an extra Majoras Mask one.
If no luck with SS, I'll be looking for the Smash ones

Yes, people will get banned because of it. Why anyone would risk it is beyond me.
I definitely wouldn't try it if you have a paid Amazon Prime account. The money you lose from being banned would probably outweigh any profit to be had from scalping. But many people prefer to count their potential EBay profits before they consider the consequences.

I definitely wouldn't try it if you have a paid Amazon Prime account. The money you lose from being banned would probably outweigh any profit to be had from scalping. But many people prefer to count their potential EBay profits before they consider the consequences.
I saw it a lot from non-Prime members who already used a trial.

My understanding is when Amazon bans you, they essentially salt the earth. So risking it for an amiibo sounds crazy but seems like most of them don't understand the potential consequence.

Picked up my MM Zelda no issue at Best Buy. Also did Best Buy recently have a BoTW restock or something? I noticed placements for all of the original BoTW figures I had never noticed before

I've got em all except for Twilight Princess Link, so you'd be wrong.
That doesn't mean you've been following the trend since 2014, but ok dude. Then you should be perfectly aware of stock from cancelled preorders/orders showing up for a min. or two randomly at some point during the day. Usually when everyone's asleep.

I've got em all except for Twilight Princess Link, so you'd be wrong.
You've got Qbby and both variants of Marth and Villager? I still haven't imported Qbby and haven't gotten around to getting Villager's reprint. I think there's a variant of Wii Fitness Trainer too. You're definitely beating me if you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up my MM from Bestbuy. I asked the assoxciate if they had any extras and he said no. But he did say that he could order it for me and it would be shipped to my house. He ordered 3 for me at 6:28 cst. Hope the order doesn't get cancelled.

You've got Qbby and both variants of Marth and Villager? I still haven't imported Qbby and haven't gotten around to getting Villager's reprint. I think there's a variant of Wii Fitness Trainer too. You're definitely beating me if you do.

I don't give a shit about reprints. I got Marth and Villager first prints (what variant does Marth have besides Merth?). I don't have Qbby or Monster Hunter, if they're not released in the US, I'm saving my money.

Do you collect all the reprints or just the ones that are better in quality? I don't think the Wii Fit trainer reprint is too different.

I don't give a shit about reprints. I got Marth and Villager first prints (what variant does Marth have besides Merth?). I don't have Qbby or Monster Hunter, if they're not released in the US, I'm saving my money.
I totally get waiting for U.S. releases but you can't really say you have them all if you don't have the variants. Save the money, I get that too, but as an avid collector I have to have ALL of them.

Do you collect all the reprints or just the ones that are better in quality? I don't think the Wii Fit trainer reprint is too different.
Variants not reprints. And yes all of them.

I totally get waiting for U.S. releases but you can't really say you have them all if you don't have the variants. Save the money, I get that too, but as an avid collector I have to have ALL of them.

Variants not reprints. And yes all of them.

Same pose, same packaging, I would call it a reprint. Otherwise I agree with everything else you said. : ) That's cool though, man. I saved my money in that case, and just stopped at getting first prints of everything.

Same pose, same packaging, I would call it a reprint. Otherwise I agree with everything else you said. : ) That's cool though, man. I saved my money in that case, and just stopped at getting first prints of everything.
In the case of Amiibo their variants are also reprints. I'm guessing you aren't a comic book collector. They make tons of variants. Same comic different cover. A hardcore collector would want them all.

In the case of Amiibo their variants are also reprints. I'm guessing you aren't a comic book collector. They make tons of variants. Same comic different cover. A hardcore collector would want them all.

I do collect comics, all variants of the ones I collect in particular. But...in that case, I would consider the "packaging" (i.e., the cover) to be entirely different. Whereas reprint amiibos might have a slightly different face/forehead.

And I'm a hardcore collector, who doesn't want to spend the money on something I already have that doesn't do anything new or hardly stands out from a 1st print. :p

I got MM and Twilight Princess. Even managed to pick up a Guardian that I didn't have. Sad I couldn't get a Skyward Sword "/

Is your collection really complete if you don't have the double arm cannon Samus amiibo?

A very rare reprint indeed 😉

Did not pre order any of today's amiibo. I am a Zelda fan but not a huge fan. Getting them will be about having a complete set. I even bought all of the AC amiibo at full price (GCU). If anyone is missing any of the other Smash amiibo chances are I have in box first prints for trade. In some case I bought JP or Italy to open and keep the USA in box. If you want to trade; in box me. I will take a pic and send it to you so you can decide if they are worth the trade. If not ehh I would think these will come back later. I guess July 21 amiibo release will be easier since they are not Zelda and they can still be pre ordered. I did pre order those.

Probably not exact reprints, no. But they may very well release a different amiibo (different pose or something) with the same in-game functionality for BotW.

Who really knows though? If ULTRASuperSmashBros. is released for Switch, they could even go as far as reprinting the entire line of fighters, plus new figures for new DLC characters. That would be madness (but if the poses/colors were different, I may take the bait...I have a problem lol).

Does anyone think the smash brothers amiibos for toon link or sheik will be reprinted?
I've seen sheik (I think I saw toon link too) at a few stores. PM me and we can talk. I'll sell them to you for cost unless you happen to have anything for trade? I'm missing a few Amiibo still.

I've seen sheik (I think I saw toon link too) at a few stores. PM me and we can talk. I'll sell them to you for cost unless you happen to have anything for trade? I'm missing a few Amiibo still.

Pm sent. Those are the last 2 Zelda ones I don't have. I would be so grateful!

bread's done
Back