amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The champion zelda amiibos are all up on Walmart.com now for around $13 each. There are separate listings at $15.99 showing as OOS, so not sure what that is about.

Also, got my wolf link from Target.com today.

I managed to get a Twilight Princess Link at a GameStop in Terre Haute.  I was driving back from Cleveland to St. Louis, and I got a Twitter notification when I first got into eastern Indiana about availability.  I decided to stop in Terre Haute since I normally make a stop there.  One location said that the only one was already on hold, so they called another store, which held it for me.  All of this added an extra half-hour to my trip, but I don't have to go searching for it anymore.

I finally was able to get Mipha, but man did that give my F5 key a workout. One second it would pop up for delivery and store pickup, when I would go to check out it would be gone again. Took around 30 minutes until I was finally able to finalize my order.

Any word on the Corrin Player 2 amiibo? It's supposed to release next week but I've yet to see it available for pre-order anywhere.

I expect this to be the case. Just like Skyward Sword.

Makes me kind of excited. The rest of the end of the Smash wave has been really easy to preorder. Crazy to think that might be the really rare one.
I would suspect the print numbers for all of the exclusives this time have been identical regardless of retailer, so I don't think it's necessarily accurate to say the Amazon one will be rarer.

I spent about $30 for 6 years of GCU. Amiibos have covered that alone and I passed that milestone in the first couple of months. Absolutely worth the investment. Still kicking myself for not buying more when it was insanely cheap.
Nice. I had thought there would be no advantage for myself having GCU as I tend to use the Prime discount for my new games. Given that it counts toward aiimbos and sometimes gives the $10 bonus for pre orders I am re considering a purchase.

Does GCU membership ever go on sale during the year?

Also I was considering picking up a couple of the Cloud Strife aiimbo's for trade or resale toward other pricer aiimbos I want. What do you guys think are the chances that the Cloud aiimbo will go up in price?

Nice. I had thought there would be no advantage for myself having GCU as I tend to use the Prime discount for my new games. Given that it counts toward aiimbos and sometimes gives the $10 bonus for pre orders I am re considering a purchase.

The nice thing is that it works on all 'new' games. I buy most of mine on sale plus 20% off. Prime's 20% MSRP is garbage in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I managed to grab a Twilight Princess at GameStop. Just stopped in on my way home, and they had one more there. Luck of the draw. Sadly, I haven't seen any of the Majora's Mask amiibos at Best Buy, but I'm keeping an eye out.

Has anyone else noticed the surprising difference in quality in the Twilight Princess Amiibo? I believe one poster here had a pic of one missing his fingers. I picked up two yesterday and realized today that one of their arms holding a sword is totally placed differently than the other's. Pic in the spoiler.

33ypans.jpg

Also I was considering picking up a couple of the Cloud Strife aiimbo's for trade or resale toward other pricer aiimbos I want. What do you guys think are the chances that the Cloud aiimbo will go up in price?
GCU hasn't gone on sale in a long time. Likely because $30 for 2 years is already way cheaper then Prime. ;)

Does anybody know if any retailers that ship to the U.S. still have any SSB Toon Link and/or Sheik available? Amazon JP canceled my order :(

Seems like Target has gotten in-store restocks of BotW amiibos recently, much like BB and GameStop have. Also saw a couple Wolf Links on the shelf as well and decided to pick one up.

Yes, it was $120 for 2 years initially but they put it on sale a few times for $60.
Really was it that much? I remember getting it for free with some throwaway flip phone. I'll be up next year although I thought I was good for longer but given how much I saved I'll reup without thinking twice

The nice thing is that it works on all 'new' games. I buy most of mine on sale plus 20% off. Prime's 20% MSRP is garbage in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
For only two weeks is garbage as well. Most of my shopping is done at Best Buy.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GCU is awesome. When it first came out rewards zone members could get it for $30 when it was $120 for everyone else. Then they did the phone deal where you buy a phone and get it free. I ended up buying a couple 5.99 phones/some sim cards. My membership is good until 2023 and I only spent $30 plus the few phones I bought.

Yes, it was $120 for 2 years initially but they put it on sale a few times for $60.
It was stupid that it ever cost that much. All Best Buy had to do was basic business math and recognize that having 4 people sign up at $30 each was better than having 1 person sign up at $120. I promise you those 4 people make more combined purchases than the 1 does. Lowering the price of GCU increased sales. Simple as that.

The Target in Holyoke Massachusetts broke the street date today for cloud and Corrin. Picked myself up a Koren, and when the guy rang it up it said it was going to break Street date. He bypassed it with a manager, who then forgot to ring the thing up so I got him for free

bread's done
Back