amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My target had a bunch of zelda rider link and guardians.  Must be a restock.  Also a bunch of regular bayonettas.  Everything else just animal crossing.

Got in Corrin P2 last night. Came in a box with plenty of packaging with everything in perfect condition except for Corrin's sword being all caddywhompus. I was  nervous after hearing all the horror stories. Thoughts and prayers to all the recipients of busted ass boxes and Corrin P1's.

Dang, I must've forgot about the Corrin P2 variant back when these were announced.  I'll have to watch/wait for an Amazon restock.  That would be the last Smash amiibo for me.

Play-Asia has the Ocarina of Time JP import Version amiibo in stock for $24.99.

This was one of the only ones I was missing that I really wanted so I ordered it.

Still mad I passed it up for $10 on clearance at Walmart. Thought I could get it cheaper at Best Buy with GCU.

I checked the site the next day and it was sold out on Best Buy. Went back to that Walmart and it was gone.

Could this be a sign of a reprint?

Got my Corrin P2 today. It's been fucked by bubblewrap. Should have just been sent in the mailer. They completely destroyed the top portion of the box and personally flipped it over. 

It is, however, the correct Corrin. With the Amiibo being like this I will definitely open it. Just so stupid.

(I imagine this was done as a way to ship out the correct product, which has a sticker indicating which one it is on it.

Got my Corrin P2 today. It's been fucked by bubblewrap. Should have just been sent in the mailer. They completely destroyed the top portion of the box and personally flipped it over.

It is, however, the correct Corrin. With the Amiibo being like this I will definitely open it. Just so stupid.

(I imagine this was done as a way to ship out the correct product, which has a sticker indicating which one it is on it.
Didn't help. The sticker on mine said corrin player 2 and got the wrong one

Didn't help. The sticker on mine said corrin player 2 and got the wrong one
Why should we be surprised?

It's easy to do chat support, but I just had to fight for any discount on their mess up. Gave me 10, I asked for 20 cause that's what they did for Skyward Sword.

They initially only offered me to do packaging feedback and a sorry. I would imagine this is on their radar but they just don't care.

Edit: LOL, b/c I used the prime day promotion of 5 dollars on my amiibo I get less of a refund....stupid (cancel this, I pointed out how silly that rule was and he just gave me a full refund...not even rude, just like...that seems silly, right?) And remember, this is CAG, not just take what u can get gamer.

Any word on possible restocks for the Majora's Mask Link? Managed to get lucky with the others but that one is still eluding me.

Any word on possible restocks for the Majora's Mask Link? Managed to get lucky with the others but that one is still eluding me.
This is the one I'm waiting for too... I forgot I had promised a friend I'd get her one for her birthday. It's the only Zelda amiibo I'm missing

I had a gamestop employee tell me they could not sell a Player 2 cloud because it was on pre order how can people still pre order these?

If you can stop in to a Best Buy store, ask an employee at customer service or in the games department to do a warehouse order. They have to log on to a computer and access through OSS (I think that's what it is called?) warehouse order. They can ship to home or store.

I had a gamestop employee tell me they could not sell a Player 2 cloud because it was on pre order how can people still pre order these?
They usually hold them for 48 hours however I believe it is up to the stores discretion. Maybe try again with a different employee and ask if the preorder hold expired.

They usually hold them for 48 hours however I believe it is up to the stores discretion. Maybe try again with a different employee and ask if the preorder hold expired.
Waiting for the other person to show up and complain about how some jerk stole the Cloud Player 2 they had preordered in store.

Haha 48 hour window for a preorder? If that applies to consoles paid in full too, GS really sucks. 

How is it that they avoid competing with others on policies like 5-7 day window for store pickup and free shipping and like? They must be able to afford it somehow...

I mean, even Walmart had preorder pricing competitive with GCU for recently here (still not sure if that was a fluke tho).

Saw some more rider link and guardians at another target, but noticed the shelf tag also says NCF.  So maybe no more shipments for target...

From what I've seen on Reddit, a good amount of stores seem to be getting restocks. Doesn't seem region specific. I've seen reports from Oregon, California, New York, Maryland.

I haven't seen any restocks near me personally. I hit up three stores yesterday and asked about ordering from the warehouse. Two of them said they were out of stock. The third let me order one for in-store pickup on August 1st. Just go up to customer service and ask if you can place a warehouse order and be prepared to give them the SKU number.

Got my corrin in today correct P2 version. From LAS VEGAS warehouse. It didn't have any bubble wrap or packing material but is somehow fine, so there's hope for everyone

I've been having tons of fun with Splatoon 2 but I've had trouble locating the Callie and Marie Amiibo.  Amazon has them the cheapest, but they are still pricey and they are from Japan.  They are currently $38.88 for the Japanese packaging - just be prepared for a wait.

Haha 48 hour window for a preorder? If that applies to consoles paid in full too, GS really sucks.

How is it that they avoid competing with others on policies like 5-7 day window for store pickup and free shipping and like? They must be able to afford it somehow...

I mean, even Walmart had preorder pricing competitive with GCU for recently here (still not sure if that was a fluke tho).
It's 48 hours if you paid the $5 to place it on hold. If you paid for it in full, then they keep it for a week.

My Corrin P2 arrived in a good size box with bubble cushions. Had the box not come sealed with Amazon tape, I wouldn't believe it was from them :shock:

She looks great btw. Well worth picking up even if you already got the male version.

I've been having tons of fun with Splatoon 2 but I've had trouble locating the Callie and Marie Amiibo. Amazon has them the cheapest, but they are still pricey and they are from Japan. They are currently $38.88 for the Japanese packaging - just be prepared for a wait.
I just got mine off eBay for $31. Worth checking there too. Got the AU editions as if it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MM Link restock at Cary and Garner, NC BestBuy locations.

Cary is OOS now cuz an employee bought the last one right before I got there, but there are supposedly 2 more in the backroom at Garner BB.

Ana, my guest service rep, went back herself to get me one. When she returned MM Link in hand, she remarked that the guy who said "we're out" over the walkies then said to her face again heatedly "I told you we were out."

Then Ana told me she knew she had remembered seeing the MM Link amiibo out on the shelf on Sunday (which was why she volunteered to search for me in the back when I originally asked for a Warehouse order).

Somebody please go to the Garner BB and buy that guy's other 2 amiibo tonight lolol

My Corrin P2 got here today.  Came from a warehouse in Lexington, KY.  Came in a box loose with only some of those pocket bubble things protecting it.  It was in good shape but the right corner of the front of the plastic case had scuffs on it.

Just curious, does gamestop have this in writing anywhere?
No, because it's not standard procedure(unless it changed in the past few months). 48 hour preorder hold is guaranteed under policy. There's no other hold policy in place even if you paid the game off, but the store may extend the courtesy to you if they're asked or if they're nice. Bottom line if you can't make it in 48 hours just call the store.

By chance I was able to snag a MM Link from Bestbuy yesterday evening.

One of the reps mentioned that they got a recent shipment. Hopefully these will be restocked for those still looking for one.

Stopped by my local TRU earlier, but I didn't see any Mega Yarn Yoshis. Just the smaller one of each color. I'll keep checking, though. Thanks.

I just had my new Pikmin amiibo delivered.  Totally forgot that was coming out today.  I wonder what in store stock looks like for it?

Not sure if anyone's interested anymore, but I just got 3 Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo at toys r us for $17 each. Worth checking your local stores
Wow, I wish. I made the mistake of not grabbing one long ago and the three TRU we have in the state haven't had them since around Christmas town. $17 is a great deal!

is anyone not getting the prime discount on amiibo anymore? Didn't apply to the pikmin but customer service was able to issue me credit, just annoying it doesn't auto work like it used to

bread's done
Back