amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that is just a little disappointed that the Pikmin Amiibo base is the exact same style as the Chibi Robo one? Brown with Grass. It works better for Pikmin imo but Chibi already did it. Feels like the MML Gold Mega Man all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes it seem like Pikmin won't be a whole series...
I'd imagine if they were going to do a whole series they would have made one amiibo per Pikmin not a single one with several. They could do Looie or monsters or the ship or even some of the random objects I suppose.

Edit: Okay... apparently there are plenty of options to make more Pikmin Amiibo... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen a bunch of Pikmin at various stores. Seems it's not super rare in my area at least. Epic score with the mega yarn yoshi and MM Link amiibos, will check TRU for those tomorrow. According to Best Buy employees I talked to there are no MM Links within 100 miles of me. :(

Well in my trade list I have two Mega yarn Yoshi, one Majora's Mask, and one Twilight Princess if you can't find any

Seen a bunch of Pikmin at various stores. Seems it's not super rare in my area at least. Epic score with the mega yarn yoshi and MM Link amiibos, will check TRU for those tomorrow. According to Best Buy employees I talked to there are no MM Links within 100 miles of me. :(

i have a pending charge and pending refund today from bestbuy for the amount of my zelda breath amiibo champions. Is it normal to have a pending refund or is there an incoming cancellation email?

i have a pending charge and pending refund today from bestbuy for the amount of my zelda breath amiibo champions. Is it normal to have a pending refund or is there an incoming cancellation email?
Considering that they don't have a release date yet and aren't ready to ship, they probably charged you just to verify the card. I don't think they would cancel it this early.

Does anyone know if the Poochy amiibo was ever sold outside of the bundle?

I ordered a bundle from Best Buy but it was all beat to hell. I flipped the game and I'm trying to judge the amiibo's worth since it's brand new and still in good condition given that the top part is folded to fit in the box. A stand alone version would be worth more though.

I ordered a bundle from Best Buy but it was all beat to hell. I flipped the game and I'm trying to judge the amiibo's worth since it's brand new and still in good condition given that the top part is folded to fit in the box. A stand alone version would be worth more though.
I got it by itself from BB at release

Man, I still can't find the damn Bokoblin amiibo. It's literally the only one that I still want that I don't have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"I'm sorry, we are sold out in the whole region" - BB phone ordering line.

Five minutes later I'm in a BB with 3 MM Link on the shelf.

You mean some customer-service reps lie and/or just say wrong shit because they don't know or don't care!!!!???

You mean some customer-service reps lie and/or just say wrong shit because they don't know or don't care!!!!???
Some maybe. Others are very helpful.

On another note: WTF is up with best buy pickup stickers ruining boxes. I've had three amiibo boxes ruined this week because of stickers.

My store has taken to putting only the very corner of the sticker on the item. And for amiibos they put it on the bubble, not the card. Pretty nice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yes,but it as easier to obtain in the bundle. Also, all of the Poochy Amiibo's have creases on them to make it easier to fold them over for bundles. Regardless if it was being sold in Bundle or not
Man, I still can't find the damn Bokoblin amiibo. It's literally the only one that I still want that I don't have.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well there's always ordering the imports from AmiAmi , Amazon or Playasia.

I don't see any restocks of the US version happening anytime soon.

It currently shows as available on Gamestop's website, but when I add to cart it gives me an error message. Their website has been buggy the last couple weeks.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/yarn-yoshi-poochy-amiibo/139845

EDIT: Even though it gave me an error message it still was in my cart and I was able to walk through the checkout process. DId not go through with the order however, since I already have him :)

I found a Splatoon Boy and Girl (Splatoon 2 version) and both Player 1 and Player 2 Clouds at Gamestop today, so you might check and see if they've gotten new shipments. Still looking for the female Corrin.

Went to pick up a Cloud P2 at my local gamestop & this fat mexican behind the counter was rambling a bout people trying to buy 2. They had like 10.. even if people wanted 2 wtf is the issue, they got plenty. 

Went to pick up a Cloud P2 at my local gamestop & this fat mexican behind the counter was rambling a bout people trying to buy 2. They had like 10.. even if people wanted 2 wtf is the issue, they got plenty.
It's better to have 10 happy customers than 5 happy scalpers/customers

thank you for including his body type and ethnicity.

Amazon is getting corrin player 2s back in stock. I just got an update on my order that was supposed to ship in September saying it will arrive next week by the 11th.

Amazon is getting corrin player 2s back in stock. I just got an update on my order that was supposed to ship in September saying it will arrive next week by the 11th.
I saw one of these at Target a couple days after they came out. I regret not getting it, because it's the only one I've seen.

If you are looking for Cloud P2, gamestops got shipments. Make sure you look at the box closely so you dont grab P1 version.

I saw one of these at Target a couple days after they came out. I regret not getting it, because it's the only one I've seen.
You probably thought like me that Corrin P1 would be her usual long hair version in Fire Emblem games. But for whatever reason, Smash Corrin P1 is short haired, and P2 is the more desirable (imo) long haired.

Cloud P1 is the classic FF7 outfit, P2 is the Advent Children "goth" look.

And Bayonetta P1 is the Bayonetta 2 short hair, P2 is the Bayonetta 1 long hair.

For the Boynetta and Corrin figures, I could honestly go for either. Both the P1 and P2 have decent designs. The designs are also fairly similar. you have a bit of a color change and different hairstyle on Bayonetta, but that's about it. On Corrin it is a different pose and different gender, but the stylistic elements are almost identical.

The biggest change for this series is Cloud. And honestly, Nintendo did us all a favor by making the P1 version the FF7 original version, and gave the Advent Children version out as a store exclusive. I would have been fine having to wait on the P2 version. I vastly prefer the more iconic and visually interesting P1 version of Cloud from FF7. Just a way better and more appealing design. Emo-goth Cloud from Advent Children is not an appealing design.

bread's done
Back