amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my amiibo preorder in... Not sure I'll get the game at release tho

I thought the game and Amiibo came together? I know it's big, but I can't see myself paying that for an Amiibo. I guess yellow dye is expensive... I've just officially lost interest. 

As far as "big" Amiibo go, I like the mega yarn Yoshi better. At least there is a gcu discount for detective pikachu. That TRU exclusivity on mega Yoshi was a real Debbie downer.

My local TRU clearances there out and I bought 4 of them last year. Still have 2 left, not much for trades on here but lots of people ask about it

As far as "big" Amiibo go, I like the mega yarn Yoshi better. At least there is a gcu discount for detective pikachu. That TRU exclusivity on mega Yoshi was a real Debbie downer.

Found the Wii U yoshi woolly world with pink yoshi bundle at tru in store for $11.98 for anyone that may be interested.

The amiibo cereal is on target.com for shipping, ship to store or pickup. I ordered one for pickup at 7 am and it was sold out at my store by 9 am.

Walmart having a buy 2 get $12 off sale. Amiibod include SSB Zelda, Corrin P1, Bayonetta P1, BotW Zelda / Link / Guardian figured, and Pikmin. All are effectively retail price minus $12 if you buy 2. The SSB and Pikmin figures come out to about 50%. Just search for "Amiibo" on Walmart.com or app.

Man, I wouldn't mind getting Bayonetta because Toys R Us really screwed me over when they cancelled my order during the B1G1F sale a few weeks back, but I already have the rest. Also bummed that I paid $20 for the Zelda SSB last year after BOTW came out and every Zelda amiibo seemed to be out of stock.

Damn, a shame it's such a limited selection for the bundle. I'd much rather pair up the goomba and koopa troopa that walmart is also selling, but not as part of the bundle.

Any chance we'll see Corrin Player 2 again? I'm hoping it might go to all stores again after the exclusive period is over. (Someone didn't follow through with the deal for trading my Cloud 2 for their Corrin 2 ...  :cry: )

Any chance we'll see Corrin Player 2 again? I'm hoping it might go to all stores again after the exclusive period is over. (Someone didn't follow through with the deal for trading my Cloud 2 for their Corrin 2 ... :cry: )
Can I ask where you did this because I had the exact same problem on Reddit...

Can I ask where you did this because I had the exact same problem on Reddit...
It was actually with a CAG who had decent feedback. He reached out to me first after seeing my post, we discussed doing the trade and then he just stopped replying (even though I've seen him online).

And actually it was his Bayonetta 2 for Cloud 2... I keep getting those P2 versions mixed up, which is what caused me to sell off the one I didn't have a duplicate one of in the first place... Damn, you Retail exclusives (and Nintendo)... lol

So why is Detective Pikachu $30--what does it even do in game? I hope enough of us wait that it gets clearanced out cuz that's just ridiculous.

Also, have any of y'all ever had any New 2DS XL unit with even one IPS panel?

I can't seem to find much info confirming or denying their existence since most people are on the Switch train now.

Those Pikachu New 2DS XL are readily available, so if at all possible, I want one with an IPS top panel at least.

Metroid 2 pack is up on Best Buy!!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-2-pack-samus-aran-metroid/5931700.p?skuId=5931700

Glad I resisted the urge to get it at Gamestop for $30 a few days ago. Just ordered mine with GCU and two of my $10 certs. :)
Went into my local Best Buy yesterday and they had 5 or so copies. I regret ordering through Gamestop with their expensive and shitty shipping. Finally got it after three weeks. It was packaged well at least.

My Walmart amiibo are ready for pickup. I got 2 orders (2x Zelda SSB and the other order was 1xZelda SSB 1xGuardian). Anybody know if I return 1 I get the discount?

Just take one back without the receipt and you'll get a gift card for full price of one of them, basically making the one you kept for free.

Target has B1G3 on Animal Crossing Amiibo

Winter Outfit Isabelle doesn't count apparently

I picked up Timmy/Tommy, Kicks, Blathers, and Celeste for $9.50 or so

Buy 1 get 3 free on select Nintendo single pack Animal Crossing amiibo figures. Add all four items to cart to receive discount. Lowest-priced items will be free. Quantities limited. Discount applied in cart at checkout. May not be applied to previous orders. If a qualifying item in your order is returned, refund value will be reduced by the prorated discount amount of the item. Offer expires 2/10/2018 at 11:59pm PT.

Literally every target I visited today had nothing but Animal Crossing and Waluigi amiibo. Really strange to be honest and I have noticed this trend over the last few months. Is Target refusing to stock new ones?

Literally every target I visited today had nothing but Animal Crossing and Waluigi amiibo. Really strange to be honest and I have noticed this trend over the last few months. Is Target refusing to stock new ones?
They actually semi-regularly stock BotW ones too, but other than those and Inklings/Daisy, there never seems to be any on the shelf.

Pearl & Marina Amiibos Announced

Wzy5md1.png

[media]https://youtu.be/k7fbAwMX24o[/media]

I have no interest in Splatoon but at least good to see them still announcing stuff. It's been slow going other than Detective Pikachu and the Shovel Knight 3 pack which was announced forever ago and still hasn't came out.

Yeah I think Amiibo is dying. You don't see them any more at Walmart. Target hasn't had anything other than Daisy and Waluigi for half a year.

While the Animal Crossing line was a huge mistake, I wouldn't say they're dying, they've just moved on to a disappointing "you better reserve it or you're not getting squat" mentality because of it.

Speaking of animal crossing, I just passed last week on getting 4 for $9 at target because I generally just store them and don't want to take up more space even at that price.  Was there any good use for the animal crossing line?  When I look at the compatibility lists, it seems the cards are more used than the amiibos.

bread's done
Back