amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, should have clarified: I'm surprised TARGET carries it, given their recent purge/clearance of amiibo.
Yeah just saw 2 of them at a Target today. The amount of floor space it requires and the fact every other amiibo is on clearance does make it pretty weird.

Yeah just saw 2 of them at a Target today. The amount of floor space it requires and the fact every other amiibo is on clearance does make it pretty weird.
Knowing Target (or Nintendo, since they probably have a hand in product placement), that is the only two they will get, which will sell out in like 3 days, and then that spot on the plangoram will remain empty until September.

It does seem like Nintendo is rethinking their amiibo strategy; that small figures for $12.99 aren't good enough anymore.  Especially not when they overproduce them and they turn into peg warmers. 

Simpsons did it first! :D

So target's website no longer has any link amiibo listed. I can't see which stores have them in stock now.
The only one I have is rider link.
Try these links:

Wolf Link => https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-wolf-link-twilight-princess-amiibo-figure/-/A-52139973

LinkArcher => https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-linkarcher-breath-of-the-wild-amiibo-figure/-/A-52191214

LinkRider => https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-linkrider-breath-of-the-wild-amiibo-figure/-/A-52191210

Found Tommy and Timmy for 4.48 at target. I’ve got most of the AC amiibo but there were about 100 Lottie’s there still for $5 which is about $4.50 too much.

That said if Nintendo doesn’t come out with an amiibo enabled AC game on switch Ima be pissed!

It does seem like Nintendo is rethinking their amiibo strategy; that small figures for $12.99 aren't good enough anymore. Especially not when they overproduce them and they turn into peg warmers.
To be fair, I felt a LOT better about the $23 I spent on Detective Pikachu than the $12.79 I paid for the Breath of the Wild figures.

Found Tommy and Timmy for 4.48 at target. I’ve got most of the AC amiibo but there were about 100 Lottie’s there still for $5 which is about $4.50 too much.

That said if Nintendo doesn’t come out with an amiibo enabled AC game on switch Ima be pissed!
They were really hoping that Lottie would be the next Isabelle, and that furries would fangirl over her, and buy her up by the dozens. My Target has about 60 of her. I'm waiting for her to drop to $2, before I buy.

You could sign up for a debit version of the Red Card. That's what I did. Free shipping, and an extra 5% off, and it only takes money from my actual bank account.

My Target had the Animal Crossing amiibo in-store, but they were marked as $4.48. I asked someone in electronics if I could price match the site even though it's clearance, and they said "Yeah, go to guest services." Of course I get up there and they tell me they do not allow clearance price matches even though it's their own website. So I just made a free ship-to-store order for them (it megates the $25 shipping minimum.) I guess they get to pay a few dollars shipping to prevent me from just buying the exact same item in the store. Oh well!

My Target had the Animal Crossing amiibo in-store, but they were marked as $4.48. I asked someone in electronics if I could price match the site even though it's clearance, and they said "Yeah, go to guest services." Of course I get up there and they tell me they do not allow clearance price matches even though it's their own website. So I just made a free ship-to-store order for them (it megates the $25 shipping minimum.) I guess they get to pay a few dollars shipping to prevent me from just buying the exact same item in the store. Oh well!

Yeah, I’m in support of Target not price matching online clearance, but there needs to be some leeway or common sense. I know if I explained this exact scenario at my store they would’ve matched it.

You could sign up for a debit version of the Red Card. That's what I did. Free shipping, and an extra 5% off, and it only takes money from my actual bank account.
i do have the red card. i also signed in and tried checking out. still says i need $25 minimum purchase.

i do have the red card. i also signed in and tried checking out. still says i need $25 minimum purchase.
If you buy it through the Target app, instead of the website, they let you buy stuff without any arbitrary limit. I have seen that notification when looking at stuff on the website, but when I use the app to buy things, it drops the pay $25 for free shipping nonsense. As it shouldn't even be saying that when you use a Red Card.

Dark Souls amiibo showing as in stock again at Gamestop but not letting me check out.  Any idea what's up with that or ways around it?

Been to seven different TRUs in and around the San Fernando Valley the last few weeks but haven’t managed to find any amiibos worth picking up except for Pit and Ness (since they were on clearance). No luck finding any spare Mega Man or Samus amiibos, however...I’d also love a Ryu amiibo, but not for only 10% off $16.

Been to seven different TRUs in and around the San Fernando Valley the last few weeks but haven’t managed to find any amiibos worth picking up except for Pit and Ness (since they were on clearance). No luck finding any spare Mega Man or Samus amiibos, however...I’d also love a Ryu amiibo, but not for only 10% off $16.
Check target, Walmart or Nintendo online store for Ryu

I've avoided the amiibo scene for a damn long time now, basically ever since the SSB collection finished. However, I just scored a store kiosk, and I'm thinking I will change out the amiibo in the display once I get it properly mounted on the wall. My unit has Mario and Luigi from the Super Mario Series, Link and Pikachu from the SSB series, and an AC amiibo card in the middle. I'm thinking I will reload it with an 8-bit Mario in the middle, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Samus. Nintendo applied a velcro strip to the bottom of the amiibo to ensure they stood upright within the display which should be fairly easy to replicate with a visit to Michael's or Hobby Lobby. 

I've avoided the amiibo scene for a damn long time now, basically ever since the SSB collection finished. However, I just scored a store kiosk, and I'm thinking I will change out the amiibo in the display once I get it properly mounted on the wall. My unit has Mario and Luigi from the Super Mario Series, Link and Pikachu from the SSB series, and an AC amiibo card in the middle. I'm thinking I will reload it with an 8-bit Mario in the middle, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Samus. Nintendo applied a velcro strip to the bottom of the amiibo to ensure they stood upright within the display which should be fairly easy to replicate with a visit to Michael's or Hobby Lobby.
Awesome, please share a picture when you have it finished

Awesome, please share a picture when you have it finished
The front plastic piece is cracked so I'll probably be hunting for a replacement on ebay before I display it, but yeah I hope to have it looking nice eventually. If worst comes to worst and I'm never able to find a replacement I'll probably just take the plastic cover off and display it that way, considering I'm not too concerned about people stealing the amiibo from it in my house, which was obviously a big deal for retail purposes.

Got a bowser from gamestop today.
I was wondering is there anyone that lives in Arizona that has seen a toysrus with the villager. Some toysrus have none and others have like 50 lol.

From what I heard, I think that's the hardest to find ?
I think so but I just found it in Best Buy Mexico. Since I live in a border city I was able to ship it to my sisters house (she lives in Mexico) It was like $18 Ship. This is great if you live in a border city
67f15d0ccfe8260a12270425fb001141.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so but I just found it in Best Buy Mexico. Since I live in a border city I was able to ship it to my sisters house (she lives in Mexico) It was like $18 Ship. This is great if you live in a border city
67f15d0ccfe8260a12270425fb001141.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you live in an Arizona border city? I live In tucson lol If you could get me one I would totally drive to you. I’ve been looking for Bokoblin forever lol

For those with a Micro Center nearby, surprisingly, they have the Zelda Breath of the Wild Champion amiibo figures in-stock, in-store ONLY.

There is also a $5 off $30+ coupon at RetailMeNot: https://www.retailmenot.com/view/microcenter.com

EDIT: Going through a few of the locations, only 4 or 5 stores actually have them in stock.

bread's done
Back