amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was in target yesterday and wandered over to the video game section and sure enough, not one, not two, but three neck beards were present.  And what were they doing?  Looking at Amiibos.  How typical.  Now you may ask yourself, well how do I know if I spot a neckbeard of if I'm a neckbeard myself and don't even know it?  Well allow me to elaborate on the subject matter at hand.

The stereotypical neckbeard consumes copious amounts of mountain dew, doritos, constantly wears a fedora, and likely is a NEET living in his mother's basement. They are also known for arguing online about atheism and politics, and sitting around playing video games all day. Neckbeards are also often bronies, furries, or other forms of degeneracy. They are typically either morbidy obese or unhealthily skinny, ususally the former. They tend to have unkempt hair, oily skin, and are otherwise disgracefully unhygenic. They are almost always kissles virgins who constantly try to attract girls in the most cringeworthy ways possible. There is a running joke of them referring to women as "m'lady." They're often literally actual misogynists. They also really like Guy Fawkes masks and think anonymous is totally cool. They're basically human garbage who provide virtually nothing positive to society and are the physical embodiment of a large part of the Internet's degeneracy.  Avoid at all costs.

So I was in target yesterday and wandered over to the video game section and sure enough, not one, not two, but three neck beards were present. And what were they doing? Looking at Amiibos. How typical. Now you may ask yourself, well how do I know if I spot a neckbeard of if I'm a neckbeard myself and don't even know it? Well allow me to elaborate on the subject matter at hand.

The stereotypical neckbeard consumes copious amounts of mountain dew, doritos, constantly wears a fedora, and likely is a NEET living in his mother's basement. They are also known for arguing online about atheism and politics, and sitting around playing video games all day. Neckbeards are also often bronies, furries, or other forms of degeneracy. They are typically either morbidy obese or unhealthily skinny, ususally the former. They tend to have unkempt hair, oily skin, and are otherwise disgracefully unhygenic. They are almost always kissles virgins who constantly try to attract girls in the most cringeworthy ways possible. There is a running joke of them referring to women as "m'lady." They're often literally actual misogynists. They also really like Guy Fawkes masks and think anonymous is totally cool. They're basically human garbage who provide virtually nothing positive to society and are the physical embodiment of a large part of the Internet's degeneracy. Avoid at all costs.
Source :lol: : https://drawception.com/forums/general/29035/what-is-a-neckbeard/#p844885

Posting pictures of random people that have done nothing to you solely to mock their looks is pretty disgusting.
Those pictures were taken from this link to help you better know what a neck beard is, should you encounter one or even better yet, to prevent you from becoming one. There is nothing disgusting about me passing the word along for your own benefit and protection. Are you one of those social justice warriors or something? Don't be a part of the problem when you can be part of the solution.

https://drawception.com/forums/general/29035/what-is-a-neckbeard/#p844885

Sad to see my Gannondorf tank in value, but glad to pick up Marth.  I hope Nintendo rereleases Donkey Kong and Diddy someday as I sadly missed out on those two.

That's a weird set of ones to reprint.

I really should go through my collection and sell some of the valuable ones. Had no clue a new Ganon was around $40.

Oh hey, I get to pick up these amiibos at a reasonable price. Now I don't have to deal with neckbeards like wargod and their permanently cheeto-stained loose figures on ebay anymore.

Ah nuts, I got those Amiibo that are being re-released already.  Bring back Smash Wii Fit Trainer, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and those Player 2 variants.  I also still need Smash Cloud, Bayonetta. and Rosalina.

Until then, I want to be cool too and grow a neckbeard.  The only Amiibo I have seen lately is the Wedding Mario series.

I went to my local Goodwill recently and they still had piles of AC Lottie. Can’t wait for the next game and my $0.99 investment to turn into $1 🤑

Cool Pac-man, Now if they could just restock Little Mac, and Koopa/Goomba just for the hell of it I'd be good. The Animal Crossing line really screwed up the market, it's a shame so many of last year's releases became pretty unobtainable unless you got in early on a preorder.

That feel when you forgot you pre-ordered the Megaman 11 bundle and get charged for it.

Luckily I guess I got in on a price error so it was only 49.99. Though I'm still probably just gonna instantly sell the game since I'd rather have it on PS4

I have the game bundle preordered in store, but thinking I might just go with the solo amiibo i ordered on Amazon JP instead... Depends.

Preordered my Mega Man 11 Amiibo Bundle and it says its supposed to arrive on Friday.  What happened to me receiving it on release day? 

Just left GameStop with Isabelle/Digby from Amiibo Festival for free! I had planned on buying the game if the whole set was in stock...she checked and the two amiibo were loose, and said I could have them (I had mentioned I only really wanted it for Isabelle). She also gave me chibi-robo for free as well (because, why not?).

Anyway, worth a shot for anyone still looking for this deal ($2.99 is still not a bad price to pay for two amiibo...but free is BETTER!)

Just left GameStop with Isabelle/Digby from Amiibo Festival for free! I had planned on buying the game if the whole set was in stock...she checked and the two amiibo were loose, and said I could have them (I had mentioned I only really wanted it for Isabelle). She also gave me chibi-robo for free as well (because, why not?).

Anyway, worth a shot for anyone still looking for this deal ($2.99 is still not a bad price to pay for two amiibo...but free is BETTER!)
Did she wink at you?

In all honesty, I've been wanting those two for a while. If they're that price everywhere then I know what I'm doing after work.

The least you could have done is offer her dinner.

You should have given her your phone number. Giving someone free amiibo is Nintendo for "I love you."

Is coming back later in the day to trade some stuff in, buy some more stuff, AND add a warranty on a new game (something I NEVER do), and write up a glowing survey good enough? :)
Don't mention her giving you free stuff on her survey though, in case that gets her in trouble in any way.

Don't mention her giving you free stuff on her survey though, in case that gets her in trouble in any way.
I didn’t, I know better. Besides, I always fill out the surveys for this store, they’ve always treated me great. GameStop always seems to get a bad rap, but this store in particular keeps me coming back.

I picked up my pre-ordered Mega Man 11 amiibo bundle from GameStop about an hour ago. It looks like a decent package. While it does have a few more extras in it beside the amiibo, I can't help but feel that they're overcharging. I don't care for store exclusives, and some part of me wishes that Nintendo would eventually release this Mega Man amiibo without the bundle. But there's no telling if that will happen. The gold Mega-Man amiibo was always limited to the 3DS release of Mega Man Legacy, and never got re-released anywhere else.

On the positive side, the amiibo itself looks great. Good pose, good paint job, good design. A very nice-looking Mega-Man amiibo. The numerous positive reviews for the game have also softened the blow to my wallet quite a bit. Pre-ordering a bundle and having the game turn out to be mediocre or bad would have been galling. Very much relieved that Capcom managed to put out a respectable Mega-Man title after all this time.

I picked up my pre-ordered Mega Man 11 amiibo bundle from GameStop about an hour ago. It looks like a decent package. While it does have a few more extras in it beside the amiibo, I can't help but feel that they're overcharging.
Oh, they are definitely overcharging. Best evidence of this is how they originally decided to list it at $49.99 (which was a much fairer price) and then upped it when they saw how fast it was selling at the original price. Oh well, I guess that is the price I have to pay for a premium version of the latest release in one of my favorite game series.

bread's done
Back