amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I hadn't slept on the Splatoon alternate color 3-pack and the Splatoon 2 3-pack. Those are the only ones I'm missing that I actually want to track down (US versions).
I kept waiting for that alt color set to go on clearance, but it never did.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I kept waiting for that alt color set to go on clearance, but it never did.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Same. After seeing what other amiibo did (including the original 3-pack), I figured I could wait. I shouldn't have.

Really need to find and grab the Splatoon 2 three pack; I see that one online way less than the others.

I could have gotten the alt color Splatoon amiibos on clearance at Meijer for $17 but passed for some stupid reason. :(

At least I have all the other Splatoon amiibos.

Anyone else's Inkling amiibo not ready for pickup at Best Buy?  I ordered Ridley, Inkling, and Wolf on the same transaction and have received emails for the other two saying they're ready, but not yet for the third.  My Octoling 3 pack is ready, too.

Anyone else's Inkling amiibo not ready for pickup at Best Buy? I ordered Ridley, Inkling, and Wolf on the same transaction and have received emails for the other two saying they're ready, but not yet for the third. My Octoling 3 pack is ready, too.
Call or chat them. Try to get a $5 cert out of it

Now I have something showing on top of my order that says, "We're sorry, but the store you chose for pickup no longer has this item in stock.".  WTF, I've never seen this happen before.

Went in for my Smash preorder last night.  They wouldn't (couldn't?) hand me my preordered Amiibo since they said the orders didn't say they were ready.  *sigh*

Not a huge deal, since my wife will be in that area tomorrow for work.  Still, mildly annoying.

EDIT:  Inkling and Ridley show ready for pickup, but Wolf still says "preparing".

Ended up grabbing everything at midnight. All amiibo including the octolings

I like how Ridley was listed at $15.99 two days ago on Amazon when I bought it, and now the highlighted listing is from this seller called "Delaware" selling them at $35.94. So many greedy bastards out there.

EDIT: Looks like you might be able to get one for $12.99 on Amazon now.

Picked up Octolings, Ridley, Wolf, and Ganondorf at Best Buy from store pickup order. Shelves still had Octolings,Ridley and Ganondorf. 

Target had a restocked original smash of Pikachu and Mario (picked up the Mario) but there was only 2 Pikachu and 1 Mario.

My Ridley from BB was supposedly shipped on Wednesday, but UPS tracking shows it hasn't been sent out yet. Thankfully my copy of Smash with coin arrived today.

Alot of people on bestbuy forums are saying their order for the collectors edition got canceled for no reason. My bestbuy had a ton of stuff waiting for in store pick up. Put those dam stickers right on the front of the collector edition

As someone who only recently hopped back into the wonderful world of Nintendo, what the frick do these things go in Smash? I was not a participant of the previous generation's game.

Every new amiibo was delivered today except for Wolf, which is delayed for some reason.  Oh well, I can wait...not a big deal.

Love the quality on these new ones though.  I can see why they increased the MSRP by a few bucks.

Every new amiibo was delivered today except for Wolf, which is delayed for some reason. Oh well, I can wait...not a big deal.
Did you get an email about there being a delay? I'm in BB chat right now and they have no idea what happened with my Ridley.

As someone who only recently hopped back into the wonderful world of Nintendo, what the frick do these things go in Smash? I was not a participant of the previous generation's game.
Unless something has changed for switch smash, the wii u amiibo funcitonality gave you computer controlled characters you could fight and level up. Nintendo has also tied some bonuses to other games for the amiibo. BOTW had some bonuses for some of the smash zelda themed characters and mario odyssey has some bonuses too. They don't do much but they look great

Did you get an email about there being a delay? I'm in BB chat right now and they have no idea what happened with my Ridley.
Actually, I found an email for Wolf that it shipped yesterday, a day later than the others. Looking at tracking it will probably arrive either Saturday or Monday. Didn't get a shipping delay email for it yet though.

Actually, I found an email for Wolf that it shipped yesterday, a day later than the others. Looking at tracking it will probably arrive either Saturday or Monday. Didn't get a shipping delay email for it yet though.
Ah, gotcha. I got an email on Wednesday like normal, but tracking still shows it hasn't been handed off to UPS. Been in chat for over 30 minutes now. I went ahead and placed an in store pickup order since these guys aren't able to track their stuff. Sure glad I pre-ordered 5 months in advance ^^;

-Update-

BB says they packed the item, but UPS never picked it up. Since I was able to order the item for pickup, they are refunding my online order and giving me $2 in rewards (they say that's the max compensation that can be given for the value of this item). What a pain this was. To be fair though, I usually don't have problems with BB.

Every new amiibo was delivered today except for Wolf, which is delayed for some reason. Oh well, I can wait...not a big deal.

Love the quality on these new ones though. I can see why they increased the MSRP by a few bucks.
This one is being ridiculous, I received a delay email too. Ordered another one that already shipped and can't cancel the other. =/

I picked up my preorders of Wolf & Ridley at Best Buy right now and they had 20+ on the shelves each of Marth, Captain Falcon, Falco, Ganondorf. They also had around 10 each of the new ones on the floor including the Splatoon 3-pack.

My Best Buy actually doesn't fully attach the pickup label to Amiibo, just the very top edge and leave the backing on the rest - that's pretty cool.  It probably would mean more if I didn't open them, but I'm glad they do that.

I got a delay email about the coin (which was only available for shipping despite my game being store pickup) and just now noticed it is marked as "Cancelled", so I guess I need to contact support and sort that out.  The coin isn't a big deal to me, but I'm not just going to ignore them not delivering a promised item.

My Best Buy actually doesn't fully attach the pickup label to Amiibo, just the very top edge and leave the backing on the rest - that's pretty cool. It probably would mean more if I didn't open them, but I'm glad they do that.
Do they sign the label? I gave up on store pickup since I can't stand the employee's engraving their initials into everything.

I've got a number of new in box amiibo I'll probably be tossing up on eBay soon...should have done it months back before reprints were announced, but whatever.

What's the best price guide? I don't want to be a ripoff artist but I don't want to leave money on the table either.

I've got a number of new in box amiibo I'll probably be tossing up on eBay soon...should have done it months back before reprints were announced, but whatever.

What's the best price guide? I don't want to be a ripoff artist but I don't want to leave money on the table either.
I just priced based on recently sold items, people have been buying botw Archer links for 27 non stop

Found a Sheik at Gamestop tonight, excited about that.

Did they not reprint her? I saw a couple at mine when I went to pick up Katamari.
Did either of you also spot any Toon Links while you were there? Sheik's one of the last ones I'm missing and care to get, and I'm starting to wonder whether these restocks are regional.

Was at my local 5 Below store in SoCal and came across the following amiibo:
Falco
R.O.B. (Famicom Color)
Ryu
Lucas
Inkling girl (original variant)
Inkling boy (original variant)
Kirby (not smash variant)
Peach (not smash variant)
Yoshi (not smash variant)
And pretty much all the Animal crossing amiibo including the 3 pack