amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's showing me $10 shipping.

LOL!

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove Gold Edition amiibo $15.99

Shipping & Handling $10.00

Estimated Tax $2.15

Estimated Total $28.14
Yep, got to the checkout and saw that same $28. I was like screw this. That kinda price will help me rid myself of the amiibo addiction. It's sad that Gamestop is having to try and profit off shipping costs like an eBay auction.

Best Buy has the Majora's Mask Link up for re-release pre-order. It says available September 27th. I was lucky enough to snag one when the store exclusive Links were originally released, but it's nice to see a reprint.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-the-legend-of-zelda-link-majoras-mask/5863900.p?skuId=5863900
Nice to see a store exclusive Link restocked, but that's the one I have. I need BB to get Skyward Sword Link and Twilight Princess Link. fuck GameStop shipping (price) and Amazon shipping (packaging) on amiibo.

I was able to preorder the gold shovel knight amiibo in store at my local GameStop without having to pay shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol just got home from pre-ordering gold Shovel Knight in store at gamestop. Oh well, gonna get at BB with GCU and just cancel the gamestop order next time i'm there.

EDIT: Strike that. Not available for in-store pickup at BB. Stick with gamestop for now.

Lol just got home from pre-ordering gold Shovel Knight in store at gamestop. Oh well, gonna get at BB with GCU and just cancel the gamestop order next time i'm there.

EDIT: Strike that. Not available for in-store pickup at BB. Stick with gamestop for now.
Bestbuy has added the release date and store pick up option.

Thank God for Best Buy and GCU (if you still have it).  I preorder all amiibo now there, especially after the SSB Isabelle fiasco.  Didn't realize Nintendo would release them with such small quantities again, as they did with Isabelle.

Shovel Knight Gold Edition will be Unicorn after 1 week.  Thinking to pick up 2 for the hell out of it and re-sell them for $100 around x-mas ;)

Its available for in-store pickup at BB now.

It stings not having GCU. 

I have been having horrible luck finding Amiibo in-store.  At this point, wish Nintendo would make Amiibo trading cards.

Those counterfeit ones on nfc compatible cards and wafer discs are starting to look nice.

OOT Link is up for preorder on Gamestop with a 9/27 release date. I missed out the first time, think the only Zelda amiibo I'm missing now is Toon Zelda.
That is my favorite amiibo. Super detailed, and the best looking Link they've made.

So, have the Link amiibos gotten a reprint? I noticed a lot of ebay sellers from Japan now have Japanese OOT, Skyward, and Twilight Links in stock. Majora's Mask is back at Bestbuy, and now OOT at Gamestop.

I really hope so :bouncy:

edit: Found a bit more info

http://If you're looking for a specific Legend of Zelda amiibo, you might want to keep your eyes on Japan. Nintendo has confirmed that a reprint of the entire Legend of Zelda series amiibo is on the way, and they're due out Nov. 2019. The full rundown of reprints is below. Super Smash Bros. series - Link - Zelda - Toon Link - Sheik - Ganondorf The Legend of Zelda series - Wolf Link - Link (Ocarina of Time) - Link (Wind Waker) - Zelda (Wind Waker) - Link (The Legend of Zelda) - Link (Skyward Sword) - Link (Twilight Princess) - Link (Majora’s Mask) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series - Link (Archer) - Link (Rider) - Zelda - Bokoblin - Guardian - Mipha - Daruk - Urbosa - Revali

and

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021/~/cpsia-certificates-of-compliance

It looks like it's the ones we've seen so far, plus 8-bit Link and Archer for US releases.

At this rate, Brexit will happen before these Amiibos get released! Sheesh!
It goes back to how much slack people are giving Yacht Club over delays. Yes, the game is great but they really need to get their project plan and scope creep under control. King of Cards was shown in gameplay before those Amiibo were announced, well over 2 years ago. Then they said "We're going to give you Showdown and Cards at the same time next April, then they delayed that until December now I guess. I read somewhere that King of Cards (and obviously the Amiibo) have been done a while but they wanted to do a combined retail release so we are stuck waiting for Shovel Smash Bros. and Shovel Hearthstone because marketing wants a single all inclusive SKU to justify making retail $40.

It annoys me because Shovel Knight is a single player side scroller and we could have been enjoying that last chapter by now, not waiting for completely different genre games to be packed in. Sure they will be welcome, but that's not why people bought Shovel Knight and could always be patched in later to fulfill the stretch goal. Oh and by the way, if you have a Vita or 3DS to play it, you are waiting for nothing because they won't have Showdown.

What do you want people to do? I don't think there is any realistic thing you can do but wait. I rather have a good game than a rushed bad game.
I expect them to create an achievable, measurable project plan and stick to it. I do it at my job all the time and have deadlines to meet on development, it isn't all that hard to do, especially when you don't have big clients demanding you bring the dates forward. They set expectations, then let scope creep and marketing get the best of them. Customers should not just accept that, especially since we already gave them our money. Already paid customers are being forced to wait for content in order to provide a more expensive and appetizing package to new customers.

And Shovel Knight King of Cards is hardly going to be a "bad" game regardless. This mentality is exactly what I was talking about. That old stupid quote from Miyamoto has warped people's brains. Just because a game is delayed, doesn't mean it will be good (ahem, Mighty No. 9), and just because they push to meet a schedule does not mean it will be bad and extra time does not equate to improvement. What Miyamoto meant that is literally lost in translation is that additional time can improve a game, not that people should consider it a guarantee. He was giving solace to people waiting for OoT and people have gone on to equate the quality of that game to all delayed games.

Showdown should never have been combined with King of Cards. Their dev team couldn't handle it within a reasonable timeframe that they defined. Keep in mind the original date estimate of the Amiibo and King of Cards was late 2017 to early 2018 and that was before the "not so set in stone" April date.

Okay customers should not accept it, so what is going to happen after the customer decide to not accept it? Do you get your game right after you said no?

So I've seen some chatter about how the new amiibo coming out this Friday are only $12.96 in store at Walmart (MSRP is $15.99) and how a lot of Walmarts are selling them early.  I have been unable to verify this yet though.

The exception that proves the rule
It's up to the retailer at the end of the day. Best Buy has had the old amiibos for Smash Bros on their site for months. And I know Target does as well. They will just get frustrated customers. I was one for ordering the Mario SSB and they couldn't find it. It's well within their rights as stupid as they want to be for putting out of production or 'pre order' items.

Today was a good day for me for Amiibo acquisition. I had the two Pokemon and the Link amiibo on pre-order from Amazon. But I had missed out on pre-ordering the Snake amiibo. Thankfully, my local Target got about four Snakes in stock, and I was there for the store opening. So for this particular round I have all of the amiibo covered. I also picked up a spare Link amiibo at Target to keep in-box. It is REALLY cute.

UPS claims they attempted delivery of my packages today, including the Zelda Dreamers Edition and all the new amiibo, but I've been home all day and no one showed up. Attempting to contact UPS. FedEx did this too a couple weekends ago and claimed my address was restricted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smash Amiibos picked up along with Link so I am back up to having all the Smash Characters again.  I'll be glad when they are done releasing them as this is a very expensive collection.

With $10 shipping. Or just order a game to go with it and return the game to a store, but that means you go to the store anyways...

I would say to call around.
He was released yesterday in all GameStops to coincide with the release of the new horribly broken Switch game.

Well I caved and bought the Japanese Skyward and Twilight Link amiibos off ebay. I had an ebay bucks promo, and I wasn't going to miss getting these guys again. Due to the recent reprints there are a lot of sellers from Japan with stock, and they're undercutting each other pretty good. You can get OOT, Skyward, or Twilight for less than $20 each.

[attachment=32792:link link.jpg]

I'm not completely in love with their designs but they still feel pretty special.

bread's done
Back