amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this, I didn't realize they were GameStop exclusives until just now. Went and pre-ordered them right away.
It looks like the collector’s edition is available elsewhere and includes the Magnamalo amiibo leaving only 2 exclusive to GameStop. That is if a sticker set, pin, and a $25 amiibo are worth the extra $40 to you. I didn’t realize until late last night when I looked at my preorder receipt that the 2 exclusive ones, Palico and Palamute are $20 a piece and the Magnamalo is $25. What a disappointment.

It looks like the collector’s edition is available elsewhere and includes the Magnamalo amiibo leaving only 2 exclusive to GameStop. That is if a sticker set, pin, and a $25 amiibo are worth the extra $40 to you. I didn’t realize until late last night when I looked at my preorder receipt that the 2 exclusive ones, Palico and Palamute are $20 a piece and the Magnamalo is $25. What a disappointment.
I can totally agree. It's not so many places where you can get the full collector's edition. And talking of Amiibo, here is pretty informative article I could find on the web ( url: https://www.mostexpensiveshityoucanbuy.com/most-expensive-amiibo/ ) with awesome made collection of the most expensive Amiibos they could find.

btw I saw Joker and Hero (from Dragon Quest) amiibos in-store at Target both yesterday and today. 

Also several stores here received massive restocks of the LE Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch consoles.   A few stores have their cabinets full.  One employee told me that his store received 60+ of them. 

New amiibo announced today of Banjo and Kazooie, Terry, and Byleth:

https://www.siliconera.com/banjo-kazooie-byleth-and-terry-amiibo-will-arrive-in-2021/

Unfortunately, Byleth P2 won't be made, which is a sad break with tradition since Robin and Corrin P2.

Also, all 3 Monster Hunter Rise amiibo are finally up on Gamestop's website:

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=Monster%20Hunter:%20Rise&lang=default&utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Cheap%20Ass%20Gamer&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-sFouvp1bip76VmkRBGZ71w

I was actually interested by the idea of a BK amiibo.. but then found the picture disappointing.  Including the jiggy piece makes it too many blobs of slightly different shades of yellow.   :puke:

Agree that Byleth p2 would have been great, but I guess different treatment is given for the dlc line.

I'm sorry, "why" can't female Byleth be made exactly?? Not enough interest?

I think maybe they should take a gander at female Corrin prices on Ebay.

Hm, those Monster Hunter amiibos are less impressive than I had hoped ... probably downgrading my order to standard instead of the CE.

$25 amiibo? Annnnnnnnnnd no. I don't think so lol. You got too greedy Nintendo.
They've already tested those waters. We have had Mega Yarn Yoshi and Detective Pikachu that tested out the more expensive, larger Amiibo and I guess they did ok. BotW Guardian was also more expensive and larger. As a matter of fact, BotW was when Nintendo shifted from $13.99 to $15.99 for regular ones, I guess they felt the excitement of a new system was a good time to bump it up.

I was actually interested by the idea of a BK amiibo.. but then found the picture disappointing. Including the jiggy piece makes it too many blobs of slightly different shades of yellow. :puke:

Agree that Byleth p2 would have been great, but I guess different treatment is given for the dlc line.
Agreed. The Jiggy piece on bottom makes it look indescribably worse. It's more than just the different shades of yellow. Shape of the base, look on the feet and body of Banjo, and a few more things I haven't even processed yet, all make that the most disappointing amiibo design I've seen yet.

I think BK looks fine, better than any other BK figure we have ever gotten for a reasonable price.  It probably would be good if the jiggy color and base color could be more differentiated, but otherwise it looks good to me.  First one I’ll be pre-ordering in awhile, most others I just get what I can on sale.

I can see how the jiggy base is a little redundant with the standard amiibo base still present, but I'm glad it's there.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'd like to add that Banjo amiibo to my small collection, but I'm not gonna pay those ridiculous prices.

If I did though, would I complain about getting (the) jiggy with it?

Nah-nah-nah nuh-nah-nah

Nah-nah-nah nuh-nah

I ordered Joker and Hero vis Target.com. They came in a box much bigger than what it takes to store two amiibo...yet Joker’s box was intentionally mangled.

I took it back to the store and exchanged...and they tried to have me pay a difference of $1.25. No idea what that was about, but, I told them hell no. They eventually adjusted it and I left.

Guess I’ll have to try store pickup for future ones.

I ordered Joker and Hero vis Target.com. They came in a box much bigger than what it takes to store two amiibo...yet Joker’s box was intentionally mangled.

I took it back to the store and exchanged...and they tried to have me pay a difference of $1.25. No idea what that was about, but, I told them hell no. They eventually adjusted it and I left.

Guess I’ll have to try store pickup for future ones.
Thanks dude totally forgot these came out. Snagged them for pick up at Best Buy.

Anyone else randomly have their Cat Mario and Peach cancelled on Amazon?

I've never had US Amazon cancel in order on me in all the years I've shopped there. Saw the email before reading it and panicked thinking it was my PS5 lol

Anyone else randomly have their Cat Mario and Peach cancelled on Amazon?

I've never had US Amazon cancel in order on me in all the years I've shopped there. Saw the email before reading it and panicked thinking it was my PS5 lol
Amazon's been canceling a lot of preorders lately from what I have been reading. So far they have only canceled the most recent Evercade titles for me though, though I was able reorder two of them recently.

No one posted in a month lol.

Seems like reprint of bowser and bowser jr is comming.

I'm guessing for upcoming mario game.

The 3 monster hunter amiibo are currently sold out on gamestop sense they are exclusive to gamestop. I'm sure around release they will come back in stock.

Anyone know if Gamestop is still taking in store preorders for the individual Monster Hunter amiibo?  I would have bought them online with reasonable shipping but they wanted $6 shipping for each amiibo, even if you placed them all in one order.

Anyone know if Gamestop is still taking in store preorders for the individual Monster Hunter amiibo? I would have bought them online with reasonable shipping but they wanted $6 shipping for each amiibo, even if you placed them all in one order.
Yeah I was pissed when I placed the order for the new Smash Trio and saw it'd be $18 shipping ontop of the price. Especially since they are the exclusive sellers for the MH ones

bread's done
Back