amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
for a minute i thought that nintendo was done locking cosmetic content behind amiibos but i guess not
Unfortunately, no. Nintendo is more and more all-in on grabbing dollars exploiting players' digital FOMO. Can't blame them, but it's too bad they've basically adopted the same greedy tactics as the rest of the worst in the industry. The limited digital releases IMHO goes even further.

Does anyone have experience with the "NFC cards" readily available on Amazon? I'm planning to buy a set just for the artwork. If you haven't seen it, take a look. It is really inspired and gave everyone in my family a very good laugh.

Does anyone have experience with the "NFC cards" readily available on Amazon? I'm planning to buy a set just for the artwork. If you haven't seen it, take a look. It is really inspired and gave everyone in my family a very good laugh.
kind of expensive just for the artwork though. surprised amazon allows the cards to be sold

You mean the counterfeit amiibos? No. I'd rather have the real figures than give someone else money to forge a card with a random graphic they found online on it.

Anyone who ordered the cat mario or cat peach amiibo or anything at best buy for that matter might want to verify their order wasn't canceled. My amiibo order for in store pickup was cancelled this afternoon for no reason. I called them and they said there was a massive issue as they were switching to a new system and some orders were accidentally canceled. They couldn't get me a new in store pickup order since they aren't available right now but they did put in a new order to be shipped to home and they kept promising I'll get them tomorrow still. We'll see.

Anyone who ordered the cat mario or cat peach amiibo or anything at best buy for that matter might want to verify their order wasn't canceled. My amiibo order for in store pickup was cancelled this afternoon for no reason. I called them and they said there was a massive issue as they were switching to a new system and some orders were accidentally canceled. They couldn't get me a new in store pickup order since they aren't available right now but they did put in a new order to be shipped to home and they kept promising I'll get them tomorrow still. We'll see.

I did shipping for mine. They ship just fine yesterday.

I had to stop by two separate Targets this morning. But I was able to get both the kitty-cats. They had lots of Bowsers and Bowser Jrs, but only one of each of the cat amiibos at each place. Feeling like the stock might be a little light on this run. Virus production issues strike again.

I had that happen a while back with an in-store pickup amiibo reservation. I've pre-ordered them all for shipping since and haven't had an issue.

Got an email from Best Buy informing me that the store I was going to pick up the Terry, Byleth, and Banjo amiibo from will be closing, and I have until the 27th to change the pick-up location or the order will be cancelled. Problem is, it won't let me change the order at all. I called the so-called "Elite Customer Service Line" and was told that, because the order is in my husband's name (since he was going to pick it up), they need to speak with him to do anything to it (despite my name being on the entire account). Well, he's at work, so that's a no-go. I just sent a message to one of the Best Buy Forum mods asking for help, so fingers crossed. I am so sick of Best Buy, ever since they cancelled GCU, their customer service has taken a nosedive. I remember when the Elite hotline actually connected you to someone in the US.

I may need to stand outside like Target or something at opening on March 26th to get these guys. I was going to do that anyway for the Sanrio Animal Crossing amiibo cards...

Got an email from Best Buy informing me that the store I was going to pick up the Terry, Byleth, and Banjo amiibo from will be closing, and I have until the 27th to change the pick-up location or the order will be cancelled. Problem is, it won't let me change the order at all. I called the so-called "Elite Customer Service Line" and was told that, because the order is in my husband's name (since he was going to pick it up), they need to speak with him to do anything to it (despite my name being on the entire account). Well, he's at work, so that's a no-go. I just sent a message to one of the Best Buy Forum mods asking for help, so fingers crossed. I am so sick of Best Buy, ever since they cancelled GCU, their customer service has taken a nosedive. I remember when the Elite hotline actually connected you to someone in the US.

I may need to stand outside like Target or something at opening on March 26th to get these guys. I was going to do that anyway for the Sanrio Animal Crossing amiibo cards...
I waited on preordering Byleth and now I’m just hoping I can get one somewhere.

I am actually dreading trying to get a pack of Animal crossing Sanrio cards. According to many Target employees the card resellers are awful there. I feel like you’ll have to fight a bunch of guys off.

I waited on preordering Byleth and now I’m just hoping I can get one somewhere.

I am actually dreading trying to get a pack of Animal crossing Sanrio cards. According to many Target employees the card resellers are awful there. I feel like you’ll have to fight a bunch of guys off.
The scalping has gotten out of freaking control. My Target opens at 8am (technically that's the "senior hour" time, but my husband has asthma so we'll just double mask or something and tell them he's high risk if they stop us), so I may need to show up at 7:30 to get everything I need. I just want one pack of cards, man. But, there's a good chance I'll have to get the Smash amiibo there, too, so I pray they have them.

Posting again to say I was able to get in-store pre-orders for Byleth, Terry, and Banjo at my local Gamestop, so if anyone still needs them, check there. My husband called Best Buy and they weren't able to do a thing for us, so I guess the order will just be cancelled. What a mess. It's not our fault our store is closing. Thank goodness for Gamestop, coming through in a pinch!

So I just got back from my local Meijer looking to see if they had any ps5 in stock and these two neckbeards are going at it full force fighting over an amiibo being the last one in stock. Each have their grubby hands on it and neither is willing to give an inch. As I’m listening to their argument from the next aisle over, the conversation turns into who’s mom does more for them and is the better mother. The one 40 some year old 450+ lb neckbeard yells “oh yeah well my mom goes to the store and buys me hot pockets and mt dew so that my gaming sessions aren’t interrupted!” The other neckbeard, only a few lbs lighter responds with “oh yeah, well my mom drives for uber eats so I can get her to bring me food down to the basement whenever I want!” I didn’t bother sticking around and got the hell out of there as fast as I could before having to witness even more fail. I felt dumber for having to listen to this so I’m doing the right thing and passing this story along so that other’s have to feel dumb as well and share in my pain. Watch yourselves out there fellas. It’s getting pretty bad.

So I just got back from my local Meijer looking to see if they had any ps5 in stock and these two neckbeards are going at it full force fighting over an amiibo being the last one in stock. Each have their grubby hands on it and neither is willing to give an inch. As I’m listening to their argument from the next aisle over, the conversation turns into who’s mom does more for them and is the better mother. The one 40 some year old 450+ lb neckbeard yells “oh yeah well my mom goes to the store and buys me hot pockets and mt dew so that my gaming sessions aren’t interrupted!” The other neckbeard, only a few lbs lighter responds with “oh yeah, well my mom drives for uber eats so I can get her to bring me food down to the basement whenever I want!” I didn’t bother sticking around and got the hell out of there as fast as I could before having to witness even more fail. I felt dumber for having to listen to this so I’m doing the right thing and passing this story along so that other’s have to feel dumb as well and share in my pain. Watch yourselves out there fellas. It’s getting pretty bad.
You left out what amiibo it was

So I took a shot on this amiibo from Amazon Warehouse - "Used - Small cosmetic damage on boxed set case" for $12 and it was pretty much taped back together. I do like the big amiibos to display so the box condition wasn't very important to me, but figured I'd share.  :razz:

WmFB7l5.png

So I took a shot on this amiibo from Amazon Warehouse - "Used - Small cosmetic damage on boxed set case" for $12 and it was pretty much taped back together. I do like the big amiibos to display so the box condition wasn't very important to me, but figured I'd share. :razz:

WmFB7l5.png
Ranks right up there with the millions in stock you own in Apple and the millions or whatever you made on Gamestop.

Three new amiibo announced for Monster Hunter Stories 2, out July 9th and Gamestop exclusive in the US:

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/1368934948929998855?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1368934948929998855%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Famiibo%2Fcomments%2Fm0gldy%2Fmonster_hunter_stories_2_amiibo%2F

Three new amiibo announced for Monster Hunter Stories 2, out July 9th and Gamestop exclusive in the US:

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/1368934948929998855?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1368934948929998855%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Famiibo%2Fcomments%2Fm0gldy%2Fmonster_hunter_stories_2_amiibo%2F
Only problem I have is that I never got the OG MHS amiibo... Which I believe were never even available in the US? Hmm....

Only problem I have is that I never got the OG MHS amiibo... Which I believe were never even available in the US? Hmm....
Yea, we never got the original’s amiibo. Amazon did have them for around $20 when the game first came out but last I checked the aftermarket prices had went up quite a bit.

So these will sell out like the current 3 that are gamestop exclusive and be crazy money on ebay.
Probably. I’m still baffled by the fact that the Navirou one from the first Stories game is up in the triple digits. From what I’ve seen the monster it unlocks isn’t anything spectacular either.

Anyone else get delay emails for their Monster Hunter Amiibos at Gamestop?

Gonna be really butthurt if mine get cancelled when I ordered them right as they went up

Gonna be really butthurt if mine get cancelled when I ordered them right as they went up

I got a delay email for MH amiibos... Even tho I didn't order any amiibos

But I did order the Monster Hunter Switch so possibly related?

I got it as well, but the release date on the website was updated to 3/30 last week, so it probably auto-generated when the date shifted by four days.

So I just realized I ordered my MH amiibo in store. Do I need my receipt still? It may be in my car but I honestly have no idea.

Nevermind... I saw it in my preorders on my account.

I didn't get a delayed email, but my pre-order history on the Gamestop site is showing a 3/30 release for the MH Rise amiibo. That really sucks they're not going to launch with the game.

I went to my local Gamestop on Wendesday and asked about MH Stories 2 amiibo, was told they're not in the system yet.

Most of my local Targets carry all the latest amiibo, but when they are gone, they're gone.

Did the Sanrio amiibo cards ever go up for order on the Target website or are those going to be in store only?

I thought the San Rio cards were going on targets website as well. Those come out tomorrow? Gamestop told me they expect to take the new monster hunter amiibo preorders later this week but we'll see.

I thought the San Rio cards were going on targets website as well. Those come out tomorrow? Gamestop told me they expect to take the new monster hunter amiibo preorders later this week but we'll see.
The Sanrio cards are supposed to be released on March 26th. No word yet if they will be available online as well as in store.

bread's done
Back