amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amiibo got removed from my cart. CE was gone by the time I checked, but not sure I even want it considering you don't get much for $30 extra :\

I went back to mull over the SE and now that and the 2-pack preorders are sold out.  I am already spending an extra $30 on amiibo, so I'm not too disappointed about the SE.

I went back to mull over the SE and now that and the 2-pack preorders are sold out. I am already spending an extra $30 on amiibo, so I'm not too disappointed about the SE.
Yeah, the SE is a little overpriced, but I put an order in since I'm often too weak to pass on artbooks and steelbooks lol the amiibo are absolute must-haves, though. They'll look right at home with the Samus and Metroid amiibo from Samus Returns.

Just got the Gamestop order. Better than nothing but will obviously continue to look at other places. That $5 shipping fee is dumb
Agreed, I got free shipping ordering it with the special edition, still don't trust GameStop for something potentially limited like this though.

Did amazon go live? I see the page for it but says it's out of stock.

Agreed, I got free shipping ordering it with the special edition, still don't trust GameStop for something potentially limited like this though.

Did amazon go live? I see the page for it but says it's out of stock.
I was refreshing Amazon for like over an hour and the status of both the SE and the amiibo would constantly swap between "currently unavailable" and "temporarily out of stock." It looks like either it hasn't gone live yet, or the army of bots got to the backdoor and snatched all the copies before it could go live, hence the constant status change.

I was refreshing Amazon for like over an hour and the status of both the SE and the amiibo would constantly swap between "currently unavailable" and "temporarily out of stock." It looks like either it hasn't gone live yet, or the army of bots got to the backdoor and snatched all the copies before it could go live, hence the constant status change.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid happened.

Looks like the Metroid amiibo may be available for WIS order at GameStop gonna check when my local store opens today
It is, but you'll need to pay in full + shipping (unless you preorder the standard game.. or two packs...)

It is, but you'll need to pay in full + shipping (unless you preorder the standard game.. or two packs...)
I pre-ordered one amiibo in store and didn’t bother to add anything else to the online cart and got charged shipping. D’oh!

Wonder if the single pack Samus/E.M.M.I. amiibos will be released in the US as well? (only see a double pack so far)

Any listings for those yet?

Wonder if the single pack Samus/E.M.M.I. amiibos will be released in the US as well? (only see a double pack so far)

Any listings for those yet?
If I had to wager, I'm doubtful the single pack amiibos will come West. For the Metroid: Samus Returns 3DS release, the US only ever got the Samus/Metroid dual pack amiibo, while Japan got the single pack options, as well. I can't imagine that NOA would be managing things much differently only a few years later.

[quote name="gospelman" post="14404229" timestamp="1623955425"]Loftwings are live on walmart at the moment[/quote

Not even 1 min and sold out, this is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get a web in store order for the metroid special edition game. Now if only I could get the amiibo. One store denied me completely yesterday, today another said to come in and they have them but when I got there they couldn't do it. The button said they could order but showed 0 available :( why does nintendo make it so hard?

If I had to wager, I'm doubtful the single pack amiibos will come West. For the Metroid: Samus Returns 3DS release, the US only ever got the Samus/Metroid dual pack amiibo, while Japan got the single pack options, as well. I can't imagine that NOA would be managing things much differently only a few years later.
One thing that seems to be different is that the Samus/Metroid dual pack amiibo was in stock long enough for me to pre-order it...

I was able to get a web in store order for the metroid special edition game. Now if only I could get the amiibo. One store denied me completely yesterday, today another said to come in and they have them but when I got there they couldn't do it. The button said they could order but showed 0 available :( why does nintendo make it so hard?
Did you place the Web In Store order today or earlier in the week?

When i tried to preorder the CE instore yesterday with the amiibo they said it was sold out but got the amiibo.

I did the web in store order for the special edition this morning right after they opened.
Thanks so much for the info! I was able to preorder on my way home from work. It took calls to three stores before I found an employee that either knew how to do it or cared enough. Glad to have a pre-order in.

I need to check my local store for a dread amiibo order... or else I'll probably try to just sell the rest I have since my collection will be incomplete. And I'll never pay scalper price.

Maybe check local game chains? I really want this edition and Amiibos (I love Metroid) but foolish me I was getting kids food and taking them to swim lessons when they disappeared the first day. The dudes at my GameStop usually secure in-store Nintendo stuff for themselves so I didn’t bother. I was in a local store today (8 stores in Iowa) and just on a whim asked if they were taking reserves on the items. He said they were allocated some and got me a preorder. Super happy not to have to screw around when this launches…

Ok so I managed to get a 2nd preorder off the SE Metroid and amiibo( Amazon jp) and I’m willing to sell to anyone at cost plus shipping… pm me Bt will only sell when they are in hand, I was scared of having cancellations Bt I won’t scalp just looking out for my fellow gamers

Does anyone know if the Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibo ever were available for pre order? I’ve always been on the lookout and GameStop’s site always said unavailable or (now) out of stock.

Say it ain’t so
It certainly seems to be the case. I also didn't have the stomach to fight neckbeards on Day 1, and felt that a $60 purchase of the JPN amiibo was more than worth the added cost, just for peace of mind. Of course, I'd imagine that the Amazon JPN listing might now be OOS, as well, given that my order was placed probably 6 weeks ago.

Love how they are making Amiibos a bitch to find again. They were already hard enough to get during the first 3-4 waves. Now you're adding post pandemic stock/employee issues AND the insane amount of people scalping items for easy money

I've already seen people pushing and shoving and sprinting to aisles back when Toys R Us was still a thing

Love how they are making Amiibos a bitch to find again. They were already hard enough to get during the first 3-4 waves. Now you're adding post pandemic stock/employee issues AND the insane amount of people scalping items for easy money

I've already seen people pushing and shoving and sprinting to aisles back when Toys R Us was still a thing
You can thank all those Animal Crossing Amiibos for that. Nintendo's worst fear is their brand becoming discount fodder that shows up at dollar stores or in bargain bins. I had a feeling that when Five Below had all those Amiibo that Nintendo would either stop making them or cut WAY back on them. Demand went down, so they cut production. Stores also don't want to order a bunch of stock that just take up space. I highly doubt they ever ramp up production that far again, or do reprints. It just sucks they have taken to locking content/shortcuts behind them.

It took my store forever to finally sell out of that one but I guess they need something to pair with the new game when the others sell out. :razz:

I'm new to buying Amiibos. I want the new Zelda Loftwing figure. Is this something that will eventually be available to easily buy, or is it one of those things where if you don't manage to grab one of the pre-orders for the 30 seconds they are up, then you're out of luck?

bread's done
Back